after first date: confused Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 23, 2006 at 10:00 PM

I had a first date with this guy I likeed very much. I sent him an e-mail about 2 days after the first date and indicating that I enjoyed the first date and would like to get together soon again. I then called him a few days later and he told me that he did not get my e-mail and he would like to to go out with me again too. He promised to call me tha next day. I waited all night and he never called that night or afterwards. I am so confused that why he did not tell me on the phone that he was not interested in seeing each other again. Any opinions? Especially from the guys?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2007 at 03:06 PM

Hello, yea--been there, gone through that! I have found many who are not adults even though they may have a certain age or station in Life. Many look for the 'well rounded charactor'
    There are things that on our own we have to find out on the first date. Their responses to things are very important. There are way too many immatures out there-- sometimes it takes awhile to see if this is 'what' they are about.
    Hint; when you have one such as this..RUN..
    There is nothing one can do to make them change or own up to things. So dont waste time hoping and praying for things to change. Just get back out there and keep on looking. GOOD LUCK!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 18, 2006 at 12:13 PM

wiseflower30 write:
    Re:

See I told ya ...not for you ....we all have instincts ...trust them

Re:

i've always felt that women tend to be more intuitive than men... however, his etiquette was less than considerate and a preview of what the future held regardless of what you may have discovered.....
    better to be disappointed now as opposed to a bucket of tears later.....
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 12, 2006 at 10:02 AM

spirit666 write:
    Thank you so much for the insightful comment. I did a little investigation and found out that this guy is probably still married.

Re:

See I told ya ...not for you ....we all have instincts ...trust them
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 09, 2006 at 10:30 PM

Thank you so much for the insightful comment. I did a little investigation and found out that this guy is probably still married.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 05, 2006 at 05:18 PM

wiseflower30 write:
    I agree on the lack of manners but I also think it has a lot to do with that saying "just not into you". I've noticed with both men and women that when they are not really interested in someone, instead of being completely honest with that person, they avoid them or become aloof, I have this theory that it comes down to guilt in hurting the other parties feelings...some of my friends still haven't learn even after being a victim of this type of behavior that "honesty is the best policy"...still it might be that the individual might be caught up in something and since it's still fairly early in the relationship, does not feel compel to let you know (I'm not condoning this either, but we are all unique individuals)...if he's interested he shall come around..but in the mean time you just keep doing what you were doing...dating...in the end he may not been the one for you

Re:

eloquent........... well said........ shades of silver.......
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 29, 2006 at 11:05 AM

I agree on the lack of manners but I also think it has a lot to do with that saying "just not into you". I've noticed with both men and women that when they are not really interested in someone, instead of being completely honest with that person, they avoid them or become aloof, I have this theory that it comes down to guilt in hurting the other parties feelings...some of my friends still haven't learn even after being a victim of this type of behavior that "honesty is the best policy"...still it might be that the individual might be caught up in something and since it's still fairly early in the relationship, does not feel compel to let you know (I'm not condoning this either, but we are all unique individuals)...if he's interested he shall come around..but in the mean time you just keep doing what you were doing...dating...in the end he may not been the one for you
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 27, 2006 at 08:36 AM

My guess is he was fickle. I can't stand people who don't know what the heck they want, really. He should have told you that he wasn't interested if that was the case which it seems to be.

Other than that I can't say. My own girlfriend right now hasn't called me in a few days. Oh she emailed me briefly in a response to one of my MANY emails, but nothing of any significance. I needed to talk to her badly last night because I had had a rough day. I told her in an email which I know she read, but she did not call and I tried calling her 3-4 times last night on her cell, but no answer. I'm going to give her a few days without hearing from me, if she doesn't contact me, her loss. I am a damn good man and I highly doubt she'll find better to be honest. She had even told me that, so I don't know what the hell is up. I'm at a loss really.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 27, 2006 at 02:54 AM

Sounds like a lack of common courtesy to me. A lot of that going around nowadays. Since you have already emailed and called, and he has not bothered to respond, it is time to give it up. You really don't want someone that rude anyway.
Follow - email me when people comment