NO PIC = FUGLY Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on May 15, 2005 at 12:06 PM

Silver1944 write:
    LOL at Truth's 20 min driving rule.

Sama, did you find any thing new?

Aggg man!
    Sorry sis Silver, haven't gotten to it yet. -
    too busy reading the threads, takin' care of what my sister wants every 5 seconds, doing laundry, etc, etc,

ima get to it eventually ;^)

4 now just be content looking @ his sweet face on that main pic attached to the posts.

tltltltltl
  • View author's info Posted on May 15, 2005 at 11:08 AM

well i know iam not fugy not that iam stuck on my self but for several reason i won't put my pic on here # men don't seem to respect a persons choices #2 because of my health condition #3 well if a man doesn't respect your choices in what race you choose to be with think about how easy it is for him to disrespect you in public once he knows what you look like #5 the men on here really haven't showned me that they are respectful or honest enought / oh let me not forget about the bisexual and gay people
  • View author's info Posted on May 15, 2005 at 09:13 AM

Silver1944 write:
    Goodness, did it take both of you THAT long to look at this mans profile.

well... I didnt want to be looking in the man's privates. You guys know he is beyond the 20 minute driving rule.
  • View author's info Posted on May 15, 2005 at 08:39 AM

Huh Silver?
    My post didn't say how long ago I looked at 6's profile photos. Don't know why you'd think it was only just recently.
    Guess I'd better pop over there again to see if any of the pix have changed.
    ;-)
  • View author's info Posted on May 14, 2005 at 02:12 PM

Silver1944 write:
    I especially liked Picture #2 on the very front of your profile.

Silver, ok this made me look.. lol

I like the soft contemplative one he has. Not that there is anything wrong with either. You are a handsome man.
  • View author's info Posted on May 14, 2005 at 09:46 AM

LOL Silver, I was going to post something quite similar...
    That if 6 likes looking at his own pix, he's in the very good company of others who have an appreciation for that which is asthetically pleasing.
    ;^D
  • View author's info Posted on May 13, 2005 at 08:25 PM

Picktures definitely do not say it all, but they are at least a start. The more the better which is why I have the max posted on my profile. And I bet you thought it was because I like to look at myself.
  • View author's info Posted on May 13, 2005 at 05:05 PM

newzgirl wrote:
    ...#2 (probably the most obvious) to see if there is a physical attraction.

the only problem with this (and just for the record, I'm not preaching, because I also definitely want to see a pic...) is that the picture can often be misleading...

first, you have to take into consideration that the picture might not even be their's...

second, the picture may be somewhat outdated, mine is a year old, and in that year, I have lost countless hairs and about 20 pounds (the "high stress" diet does wonders for weight loss)...

third, some people are just not photogenic and look better in person...

lastly, there may be certain qualities that you find sexy that don't show up on camera (the way they walk, talk, etc.)...
  • View author's info Posted on May 13, 2005 at 04:05 PM

Once again, I agree with Silver!!!! I, for one , want to see what the person looks like on the other end for one of two reasons..#1- To put a face to all the words and #2 (probably the most obvious) to see if there is a physical attraction. How can you date, become interested in or even be willing to meet someone you have never seen? I know it is seen as a risk to some, but I would not want to waste anyone's time chatting and then they see a picture of me later on in the game only to discover I am not what they are looking for physically. It has happened to me before and trust me...REJECTION IS THE WORSE! But it's all in nature of the game....internet dating! My skin is getting thicker but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. The worse thing that can happen is that I leave the site as single as I was before coming in, but the good thing is that I have met some really beautiful people both inside and out!!!! Don't hang up your hats yet folks, they say good things come to those who wait!!!! I wonder for how long though...(wink)
  • View author's info Posted on May 12, 2005 at 02:47 PM

I just love the "I don't have one excuse". That just makes no sense to me. How can someone even think about doing this and not be preapred to send out a picture? And it's not like people have to special equipment anymore to do so. To me it speaks volumes about how much common sense a person has.
  • View author's info Posted on May 12, 2005 at 02:11 PM

Silver1944 write:
    One of those things that make you go "hmmmm."

Silver.. you playing with toys again?
  • View author's info Posted on May 12, 2005 at 06:51 AM

in my experience on this site, you almost never get a picture when you request one...

I usually end up getting fussed out and that's if they respond at all, many times the picture request is the last email between us...
  • View author's info Posted on May 12, 2005 at 05:21 AM

I think that if someone doesn't have a picture postedit's ok if they will send you one once you got to know the person better. I used to think no pic no way, but hey you never know, life's too short to get caught up in shallowness.
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 10:40 AM

Ty Silver
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 12:04 AM

Ty Samantha
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 10:04 PM

Cool Stankonia,
    We all finally get to see "you." lol
    Your profile ROCKS!
    You said what you gotta say & didn't mince your words about it.
    No surprise there tho, after reading your good and sometime hilarious posts.
    It's always interesting reading the profiles of fellow postaholics ;-D and you have some cool pix in your album.
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 07:07 PM

good luck, and whatever happens, keep that beautiful smile on your face, it brightens other's days as well as your own...
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 05:48 PM

lol...Wolvarine to be honest with you I am seeing someone,but I decided to make my profile available because for some reason even when my profile was hidden I still recieved emails from guys. So I figured if I'm still being messaged even when my profile is hidden I might as well make it available for others to see.
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 04:36 PM

stankonia, wow, your profile has been made available for all of us "inquiring minds", and I see we have at least one thing in common, we are both breaking in new apartments (lol)...

have you had a change of heart, or is Brad lurking on this board somewhere...?
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 02:18 PM

Jamwillie, I hear what you are saying. Growing up, as well into my adult hood, I have had people to tell me the same thing! I did not have my picture posted on this site for quite sometime because for me, personally, looks are important, but do not ALWAYS guarantee you are going to like what is on the inside of that person. I would let people "listen" to the words I had to say and I did the same. If they were interested, then I would send them a picture. I realize that my prince charming MAYNOT be what I envision in my head, and in that I am learning to have a very open mind and not to totally dismiss someone based on what others think is ideal and beautiful, or handsome! I am not perfect, nor am I the most beautiful woman in the world! I have a good heart and a kind personality and THAT, is what I hope others see above all else!
Follow - email me when people comment