NO PIC = FUGLY Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 09:53 AM

Vespere828 write:
    I just reread most of the posts on this thread, and I just wanted to share one thought. I have gone on a couple of dates (after e-mailing, then speaking on the phone extensively.... to sort out the crazies...lol.) with men I have met on this site. What I have realized about online dating, is that it does allow for my instinctual shallowness to be overcome. When you meet someone out, the desire to get to know them is based solely on how they look. Unless you are told about them previously by a friend or such. When meeting people online you can get to know someone's personality without being blinded by looks. JMO

I have to admit to the same shallowness, you are correct.... I know a guy that winked me a long time ago. I never winked back but we have since shared information back and forth. And I discovered that I had not given him a fair opportunity to do so based on.... I don't even know what I was thinking back then. But the moment has passed and we are just friends. Unique opportunity. So many lessons have a learned since being on line.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 04:48 AM

(giggling here) and the ones that really get me are the ones that say..NO PICTURE....NO RESPONSE...and they don't have a picture!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 02:35 AM

I don't post my picture online anymore because I had several guys that sent me messages that I was just not interested in. I also know that there are people who post pictures online that are 10 years younger than they actually are. Or guys that look nothing like the pictures they post. I would rather read the profile and if I find the person interesting then send them a picture.
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2005 at 06:41 AM

On Beauty
    And a poet said, "Speak to us of Beauty."

Where shall you seek beauty, and how shall you find her unless she herself be your way and your guide?

And how shall you speak of her except she be the weaver of your speech?

The aggrieved and the injured say, "Beauty is kind and gentle.

Like a young mother half-shy of her own glory she walks among us."

And the passionate say, "Nay, beauty is a thing of might and dread.

Like the tempest she shakes the earth beneath us and the sky above us."

The tired and the weary say, "beauty is of soft whisperings. She speaks in our spirit.

Her voice yields to our silences like a faint light that quivers in fear of the shadow."

But the restless say, "We have heard her shouting among the mountains,

And with her cries came the sound of hoofs, and the beating of wings and the roaring of lions."

At night the watchmen of the city say, "Beauty shall rise with the dawn from the east."

And at noontide the toilers and the wayfarers say, "we have seen her leaning over the earth from the windows of the sunset."

In winter say the snow-bound, "She shall come with the spring leaping upon the hills."

And in the summer heat the reapers say, "We have seen her dancing with the autumn leaves, and we saw a drift of snow in her hair."

ctnd below
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2005 at 06:40 AM

on Beauty ctnd

All these things have you said of beauty.

Yet in truth you spoke not of her but of needs unsatisfied,

And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy.

It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth,

But rather a heart enflamed and a soul enchanted.

It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear,

But rather an image you see though you close your eyes and a song you hear though you shut your ears.

It is not the sap within the furrowed bark, nor a wing attached to a claw,

But rather a garden for ever in bloom and a flock of angels for ever in flight.

People of Orphalese, beauty is life when life unveils her holy face.

But you are life and you are the veil.

Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.

But you are eternity and your are the mirror.

Kahlil Gibran
  • View author's info Posted on May 20, 2005 at 09:40 AM

I am not sure what the individual peoples reasons for no pics are , its prob very different for each and every person but they dont need a pic to intro themselves but if they are still unwilling or unable to send aor provide a pic after you show the initiative and take time to get to know her then it prob shows a lack of desire to get to know you or a serious issue with their self esteem either way not someone you would want to be involved with.
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 11:26 AM

Thank you hopeful! You are a true gentleman - XOXOXO

I do admit to being a bit myopic.
    ... Funny, the nearer I get to me the more advanced it seems to become.
    ;^)
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 08:25 AM

I can understand the perfectly sound reasoning for some women not posting a pic given the world in general as we know it can sometimes be a bit precarious when it comes to staying safe. Of course the rationale varies among men. Some, including myself, just simply don't have a lot of photos of us hanging around for reasons relating to vanity; however, if I were a gorgeous as say Stankonia, I believe that I wouldn't grow tired of looking at myself.

And you Sama are quite a beautiful lady and I simply don't understand where you have gotten the perception that you're not a miss America. Well, I have seen your photo and might be able to understand if I just think about it for very long, as you weren't wearing any glasses in the picture. So I take it you may need to have your eyes checked sweetie.
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 01:55 AM

Seeing as though I'm hella cheap I don't own a scanner or digital camera,but I do have alot of pics online because I go into walmart and put them on cd. You can either do that when you are having your pics developed or you can go in with the actually prints and do it yourself on the machine trust me its really cheap because if it wasn't I wouldn't be doing it.
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 01:51 AM

loner, not having a scanner isn't the only reason.
    Really, even if a person doesn't have a digital camera, surely they have a friend they can talk into snapping a shot for them.
    Heck, most film developing locations will scan your photos to be available online at their web sites for a dollar or two more.
    Even camera phones are given free with cell contracts these days, which btw is where my most recent pix reside and wonderful for keeping more current than, say, 5 years back, lol.

So that old "I don't have access to a scanner" excuse is really pretty lame.

And yes, tho I've chosen not to post my pic, I have contacted other no pic people as well as people who do post their pix.

I've emailed my photo to just about anyone who asks, whether its a potential romantic interest, or just someone I've become familiar with thru the boards who's wanting to put a face to my posts.

As for a pre-email statement such as "you won't be disappointed," tho I'm by no stretch the elephant woman, I'm not miss america either.
    I wouldn't therefore presume to know another's personal preferences by making such a statement, when they may very well judge me either attractive OR "swamp donkey" material.
    ;^D
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 11:05 PM

bm6ft4in write:
    Sounds kind of fishy to me. if they can put their pictures on a web page someplace else, they can take the same pictures and put them here or at least be willing to e-mail them

Sounds kind of fishy to me as well. Anyone that can put their pictures on a web page someplace else, can take the same pictures and put them here or at least be willing to e-mail them.

When I joined, I didnt have a pic handy. I went to the site where an article was that was published and took the bio pic. It tooks 5 minutes.
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 08:26 PM

Chameleonlike1 wrote:

That seems vaguely familiar wolvarine...now where have I heard that before?

I can't put my finger on it either, I think I may have heard it when discussing love and french fries at McDonalds with some friends...
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 07:18 PM

I get messages from women with no pictures all the time. Sometimes I will respond back if they happen to be "local" or something about their profile inspires me. Most often I do not have a physical attraction to the woman after I eventually receive a photo but I have met some absolutely amazing women with no photo too! Physical attraction is the spark that ignites the relatioship flame so you can't down play its importantance in the introductory stage of a relationship. I've had some good luck with "no picture" profiles. Two of the most beautiful women I have ever dated had no picture posted. Both turn into healthy relationships that I will always cherish. Yet, I have seen some "donkeys" too!!! :)

I always wonder...do people with no photo contact other people without photos?
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 05:41 PM

hopeful2findu wrote:

Better be careful what you wish for Wolvarine, you just might find somebody that's a current member to the Psychotic Hotline, and I'm not talking about the one with Dionne Warwick as the spokesperson either.

you know what they say hopeful, it's better to be stalked and have to prosecute then to never be stalked at all...
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 02:10 PM

find1 write:
    I'm relunctant to write back a woman that has no pic but I have. I was chatting with a lady here that said she would give me the link to her pics on another site but after several emails, I still never got it. So I finally asked when could I get a peak at you, she wrote back replying to other things I asked in my email but chose to ignore that particular request. She went to the "forget about it" area then.

I've also found that if someone tells you that you won't be dissappointed, you can bet your last money... you will be!!

Sounds kind of fishy to me. if they can put their pictures on a web page someplace else, they can take the same pictures and put them here or at least be willing to e-mail them
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 12:45 PM

I'm relunctant to write back a woman that has no pic but I have. I was chatting with a lady here that said she would give me the link to her pics on another site but after several emails, I still never got it. So I finally asked when could I get a peak at you, she wrote back replying to other things I asked in my email but chose to ignore that particular request. She went to the "forget about it" area then.

I've also found that if someone tells you that you won't be dissappointed, you can bet your last money... you will be!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 12:37 PM

Clif-Um...I have one (a tissue) at my house if you wanna come to Oregon...hell---o!!! BTW-I had the same type of exp with that...no pic on a profile, i can deal with it...but if i request one and they STILL tell me no, then i have no time and they can kick rocks!!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 12:13 PM

wolvarine write:

I disagree about the stalker thing, ladies, feel free to stalk me anytime...

Better be careful what you wish for Wolvarine, you just might find somebody that's a current member to the Psychotic Hotline, and I'm not talking about the one with Dionne Warwick as the spokesperson either.
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 08:55 AM

I agree about the swamp donkey thing, it's childish and we really haven't heard much from him since...

I disagree about the stalker thing, ladies, feel free to stalk me anytime...
  • View author's info Posted on May 15, 2005 at 09:37 PM

Its not cool to actually refer to someone as "swamp donkey" even if you THINK the person to be physically unattractive.

I don't post my pic for a variety of reasons but the most compelling is that I want to make sure that there is a low probability of crazy before I let the guy know what I look like.

Have you ever had a stalker? Trust me, its no fun. Generally, they're harmless, but extremely annoying.

I once had a guy approach me in my department lounge. I hadn't given him my pic, but he knew where I was going to school, looked up my website and found my office. He came to my office and my office mates told him where I could be. He knew who I was because my picture is posted by the department office. We chatted for a bit but I was definitely getting a weird vibe from this guy. I never emailed him again, but he sent me alot of email messages with some choice words.
Follow - email me when people comment