NO PIC = FUGLY Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 14, 2005 at 05:10 PM

That about sums it up for me. What do you have to hide? I heard all of the lame exuses... I have no pic to post...BZZZT! I don't have a cam....BZZZT! If you don't want the world to see you, cancel your profile and be out! It's not my fault that GOD made swamp donkeys.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 108Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 02, 2015 at 10:27 PM

dead on

• View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I do not believe a pic is necessary to post. They may get you more results as far as winks, one linners, etc. But that is about it. Sure you will get more views. But does it really help? It will help you weed out the weird ones.. but it may not help at all with the genuine people. You can always exchange a photo  with someone if you don't want you pic on a dating site. So whats the big deal? Its just not necessary. I bet there are a ton of fine looking men and women with no photo's uploaded. Are you going to pass them up because of that. Possibly... But why? An opportunity is an opportunity. And if you are looking for that special one, then why in the world would anyone have the attitude of: They must be ugly or have no self confidence so no photo= no response. Now really, How shallow is that? And how serious do you really want to find someone if you feel that way?

I don't care if anyone has a pic. as long as the two of us can exchange one when we start talking. If you really want to find someone, you will move on beyond the required picture to talk to attitude...

• View author's info Posted on Sep 03, 2014 at 07:49 PM

And your tasteless comments are why many black women are opening up their views and dating outside their ethnic group.

• View author's info Posted on Jun 23, 2011 at 09:26 AM

Different people have different reasons for not posting pics. I have personal reasons why I don't post public pictures. So the big question...Am I fugly?.......Hell yes, but thats not why I don't post pics.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 17, 2010 at 09:04 PM

Quoting author:

No Pic = Don't want my kid stumbling across her dad on the web. I always attach a picture when sending or responding to emails.

...or your wife...
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 14, 2009 at 07:44 PM

Too FUNNY!! LMAO!
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2008 at 10:30 PM

No Pic = Don't want my kid stumbling across her dad on the web. I always attach a picture when sending or responding to emails.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 11:51 PM

So far I remember, the word "fugly" was coined by a web site about a decade ago, when they initiated a trend: interviewing unsuspecting "fugly" people and posting the interview (supposedly hilarious) together of a pic of the "victim."

Of course the poor target was oblivious to the fact that he or she were not being interviewed because of his or her ideas, but just because of their fugliness.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 06:38 PM

now yall making up words...lol what a title
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 07:03 PM

Silver1944 write:
    Laci writes:
    Okay....those two attorneys must have been the ones I bopped on the head last night in the hallway. Dang morons kept trying to hand me a piece of paper that said Remit.....such and such a fee........that should take care of those guys!!!!!

Ummmm, Laci? NOT good enough cause it appears they have a phone and a puter in that closet. They should NOT have all the comforts of an office or they will continue to hound me, which has been the case of the day.

HELP!!!!!

I am SO glad it's Friday. I'm refusing to be involved with the office at all this weekend. Which means the attorneys can do as they wish. Oh dear, is that good or bad news?

Any time spent away from attorneys is good news g/f.....very good news!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 10:57 AM

Silver1944 write:
    Laci writes:
    Hey girlfriend..don't fret those attorneys....I stashed those guys and gals in that closet marked "Open at your own risk"!!!!!

WOO HOO to the Aries sisterhood!!!!

Laci, I think you forgot at least 2 of them and that accounts for why I spent 5.5 hours with them yesterday. Is there a posibility there is a side door in the closet that you knew nothing about? If that's the case, I'll find some boards so we can resolve the problem. LOL

Come to think of it, I was wondering what that closet was all about, but, considering how these hallways work, I wasn't gonna open that door for nuttn no how! I am, after all, smarter than the average bear.

Okay....those two attorneys must have been the ones I bopped on the head last night in the hallway. Dang morons kept trying to hand me a piece of paper that said Remit.....such and such a fee........that should take care of those guys!!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 09:15 AM

I just wanted to say I find the word fugly hilarious. Nothing further, carry on...
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 04:28 AM

I think it is narrow minded and hasteful to judge a profile/person by the lack of a photo. Every person on this site should be a responsible adult capable of considering the factors, making a decision, and accepting the consequences.

Most people including myself rely mostly on visual perceptions and are likely to have interest in who can be seen. An example is some profiles state NO PICTURE = NO RESPONSE. However there are many valid reasons for not posting a picture ie. cautioness, professional, etc. This can be offset by providing more written information in the features or essay section.

Judgements such as the person is unattractive, has serious issues, or low self esteem should be witheld until after coversing with the person. If the person refuses to show a picture after the first communication and dermination of some compatibility then there is always another profile/person.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 03:39 AM

I've decided to go pic-less, but I don't have self-esteem issues and I know I'm not 'bad looking,' whatever that means. I have one of the most uncanny reasons to remove my pics.

Beyond that, I don't see what the issue is. Not all people are visual, and some can be quite attracted by words. Further, it can be an emotional challenge to attract someone without showing yourself, on brain-power alone (or just with your wittiness, or your knowledge of certain things that the other person may find thrilling).

At the end, that other person's face may come as a revelation--and perhaps to teach you a lesson, too.

Be as it may, for me the main focus of this site is not dating any more. Yes, I know: I should go away then. Perhaps I will. But oh it is so much fun chatting with people in the dating market! :)
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 09:04 PM

Oh Silver, don't get me started on Attorneys! We'll all get in trouble.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 04:46 PM

Silver1944 write:
    Laci writes:
    Amen Silver...Amen. Cracking up here in the PNW...and it feels so good.

Laci, is that "cracking up" due to my being strange or what? Just Kidding. We both know I ARE strange. Which is why we, of the Aries sisterhood, get along so well. WE are a strange, but wonderful folk.

*soft laughter heard as Silver heads back to the work on her desk and ponders "who decided there had to be attorneys in this world?"

***Puts on hard hat to help fend off the attack by said attorneys that may walk these hallways.

Geez Louise.

Hey girlfriend..don't fret those attorneys....I stashed those guys and gals in that closet marked "Open at your own risk"!!!!!

WOO HOO to the Aries sisterhood!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 01:56 PM

wolvarine write:

I personally don't photograph well and am much better looking in person...

Wolvie there ya go getting me all EXCITED again......you DON'T photgraph well???? *looks at Wolvie's pic again*

Sure looks GOOD TO ME!!!!

(again searches flights and hotels in Wlovies area and maps out the McD's ...the new Meeting place for single parents!)

I think a pic is helpful but only that.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 11:26 AM

Silver1944 write:
    Lacie Writes:
    Very interesting post Unique. I quite agree with you. If..after some communication you request a photo it might give pause to ponder.....otherwise some people may be very shy..or not know how to post the photos. Awhile back..I could not figure it out (I do not work in the communication field) and even trying to post pics here on the Picture thread did not work. Thank you for the post....

Hmmm, Silver ponders where she would be today if she had been concerned about getting a picture before meeting her special someone. I know, I know, I'm strange. What can I say?

**Hums a lively tune as she perks off down the hallway to a meeting with the CEO.

Amen Silver...Amen. Cracking up here in the PNW...and it feels so good.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 10:57 AM

Unique12005 write:
    I think it is narrow minded and hasteful to judge a profile/person by the lack of a photo. Every person on this site should be a responsible adult capable of considering the factors, making a decision, and accepting the consequences.

Most people including myself rely mostly on visual perceptions and are likely to have interest in who can be seen. An example is some profiles state NO PICTURE = NO RESPONSE. However there are many valid reasons for not posting a picture ie. cautioness, professional, etc. This can be offset by providing more written information features or essay section.

Judgements such as the person is unattractive, has serious issues, or low self esteem should be witheld until after coversing with the person. If the person refuses to show a picture after the first communication and dermination of some compatibility then there is always another profile/person.

Very interesting post Unique. I quite agree with you. If..after some communication you request a photo it might give pause to ponder.....otherwise some people may be very shy..or not know how to post the photos. Awhile back..I could not figure it out (I do not work in the communication field) and even trying to post pics here on the Picture thread did not work. Thank you for the post....
Follow - email me when people comment