Hospital Aquired Infections. Health Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Mar 30, 2006 at 02:45 PM

Okay all you nurses and doctors out there, tell me what is up with this?

March 29,2006 ABC NEWS NIGHTLINE.

Your Hospital Stay Could Kill You.
    90,000 Americans die from hospital infections each year.

Obviously ABC News has nothing to gain by lying, so how should patients protect themselves?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 6Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 11, 2008 at 03:29 PM

I worked at a medical center for 3 years and I can honestly say that doctor's are horrible hand washers. I've been in isolation rooms with physicians who touched patients and failed to use hand disinfected upon exiting the rooms. Also in the ER, if you have a patient coughing they aren't checked for TB right away and therefore the waiting room and halls have been exposed.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 13, 2006 at 12:31 AM

Silver1944 write:

**JUMP OUT OF THE DARK ALLEYS? It's bad enough we have flying monkies (giggles), but now we have to look out for LURKERS in alleyways? Geez Louise, THEY really are getting serious aren't THEY? Yes, the THEY that I'm referring to is the PTB.

PS - OK, you have me OTR over here at your post. It did quack me up. Quick, you can duck for cover in hallway 13. It's probably the only one where ducking really works.

***Bodacious laughter heard as Silver heads for the hills and home.

....... OOOOOOOOOooooo NO, "Hell No" ........... "WHO" ...... "WHO" .... "Me", Duck In Hallway #13 .... On The 13th Day ......... OOOOO-NO ....... And The Day Before Friday ......... Why Silver, Do You Know Just How Many Holograms Want To Get There Hands On Me? ............. OH, Now I Can Take Care Of Myself - OK .......... But I Got Better Things To Do With My Life ........... Then To Deal With Holograms All Day .................. ((((SMILE)))) ........ OK
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2006 at 01:50 AM

Silver1944 write:

*Silver ponders the "glow in the dark" comment. Hmmm, perhaps this is a way to cut down on the light bills for the hospitals. I can picture it now.

.......... Hmmm, Ummmm, Hmmmm, Well, All You Have To Do Is Go One Line, And Type In = Full Body Codom Adult Funny Costume, And It Will CoMe Up ....... But If Your Going To Get A Costume Like That, Well ..... It's Best To Do It Now, Because, Most Times ....... They Are Sold Out By Halloween Time ........ But If You Are Going Out With Friends ...... Well They Can Were The Condom Wraper Or The Condom Cap ........... Sorry Phea,But None Of Them Glow In The Dark ......................... But, OK007 ...... Has Never Gotten A Costume Like That ........ Hmmmm, Because It = Would Be Too Much Like Getten All Dressed-UP ..... With No Were To Go ......................... Hmmm, OK007 Walks Down The Other Hallways Here ...... And Shines A light In The Dark Alley-Ways ....... Ya, Never Know, What's Going To Jump Out Of The Dark Alley, Around These Hallways,Hmmm, Ummmm, One Can Never Be To Safe = {SMILE} ...... "OK" .............. "YEP-YEAH - BABY"
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 04, 2006 at 06:48 PM

phea44 write:

Good point Sama. I'll start wrapping myself in a great big Condom for TOTAL PROTECTION. LOL

Phea,
    Where do you get those hon?

Do they make them ribbed on the inside, for your pleasure?

Is there lambskin kind to reduce the risk of asphixation??

Can you get glow in the dark ones for people hospitalized after sunset?

;^D
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 03, 2006 at 11:16 PM

Samantha451 write:
    That ABC report actually answered that question...
    By making sure everyone who enters and leaves your room washes their hands.

'Course that does little good when you wake to find the night duty nurse shaking your shoulder to give you your sleeping pill.

LOL

Good point Sama. I'll start wrapping myself in a great big Condom for TOTAL PROTECTION. LOL
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 31, 2006 at 12:17 PM

That ABC report actually answered that question...
    By making sure everyone who enters and leaves your room washes their hands.

'Course that does little good when you wake to find the night duty nurse shaking your shoulder to give you your sleeping pill.

LOL
Follow - email me when people comment