why some people lie about their income? why they lie about income Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Oct 27, 2005 at 08:34 PM

linsee write:
    Hello everyone!
    To me the most important thing is that I'm not judged for my income. It doesn't describe my personality or character. Sure, I would love to be taken care(hard life raising two kids on my own) but that is not what I'm after. Honesty, honesty, and love. God am I so old that these don't exist anymore?

they exist, but it seems they're almost as common to find as a 4 leaf clover.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 27, 2005 at 03:17 AM

like this one guy claim he makes 75000 and lives in his mother basement.lol
    like this one guy claim he makes 75000 and lives in his mother basement.lol
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 26, 2005 at 07:07 AM

Hello everyone!
    To me the most important thing is that I'm not judged for my income. It doesn't describe my personality or character. Sure, I would love to be taken care(hard life raising two kids on my own) but that is not what I'm after. Honesty, honesty, and love. God am I so old that these don't exist anymore?
    Hello everyone!
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 25, 2005 at 09:36 PM

feh ... I lie about my income all the time. I say it's less than it actually is this way I meet women who wanna meet me for who I am and not what I can give them. may sound stupid to some but it works fine for me.
    feh ... I lie about my income all the time. I say it's less than it actually is this way I meet women who wanna meet me for who I am and not what I can give them. may sound stupid to some but it works fine for me.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 20, 2005 at 01:36 PM

I publicly appologize to desertbro for my rude behavior. Everyone is entitled to their oppinion. However, we learn from corrections when needed. That's what the forums are for, growth through the sharing of information.
    I publicly appologize to desertbro for my rude behavior. Everyone is entitled to their oppinion. However, we learn from corrections when needed. That's what the forums are for, growth through the sharing of information.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 06, 2005 at 02:36 PM

I was actually responding to a statement concerning someone advising that we should date someone in our own income class (Desertbro).

I know there are some good women out there and some of them are too good. But, they are usually in love and fighting to save their no good relationship, single and loving it or got their eye on someone else. I never could figure this out.

I still favor the one that lies about their income over the one that thinks that we should date within our own income class.

If someone lies to me about their income, I am first going to see it as a strong effort to get with me; then, I'm going to read into it or ask questions to find out why. It might be all good!

Some may get upset about the lie; because, they expected more material gain.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 05, 2005 at 05:24 PM

i'm a single mom with two kids....kids i adopted because they were family memebers with no place to go and i love them very much....i work as a home daycare provider and scrape by...i have very big ambitions and goals for myself and my children...and hopefully one day will find a man that wants to share his life with me....whether he works at mcdonalds or mcdonald douglas.....i don't care....it's not how much money a man makes but that he has a job and is willing to do his part to take care of himself and his family.....those guys that may make min wage or not much more than that are not necessarily dead beats...maybe they are struggling to do something better....don't just judge someone by the job he has or the money he makes...u could be missing out....on the other hand...i see what u mean about not wanting a dead beat...i've been there....had one....but he didn't want to work or help out at all...with anything....there is a difference....and money isn't everything
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 05, 2005 at 05:24 PM

It's amazing that material things control the way people act and think regardless of truth.

The wantonness to stand out above another is a very evident characteristic in the world.

If one lies about their income in an attempt to get ahead and another acts as though their too good to be with those that aren't in their uppity income class, which one will make the world a better place for the next generation? neither one is any better than the other. However, I favor the one that lies about their income for survival reasons.

Men should know better; because, if he's with the wrong one and decides to leave, half is hers. If you have kids by her, most of the other half is gone too. I'd rather be with someone that is more meaningful than plentiful.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 05, 2005 at 02:18 PM

loner1115 write:
    I feel that. Women are always saying, "I want a man with ambition who is goal oriented" or some BS like that when all they really mean is, "how much money you make?".

Not every woman looking for a man with ambition is a "gold-digger". Some, like myself are actually doing well enough on their own and just don't want to hook up with a dead-beat.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 04, 2005 at 02:40 AM

DesertBro - How does a middle-class guy cope with these extremes??? By giving her the shagging of a lifetime.

But honestly - I do hear you. I personally could care less how much the woman makes. But some people do and I respect that. If I don't fit your profile, next.

I'm not scared by the money thing. I'm scared whenever I read "goal oriented". Terrifies me to no end. They already have our whole life planned out and we havn't even met yet, LOL.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 02, 2005 at 01:24 PM

Ladies, I suggest you worry more about net worth instead of income. Someone may be making $200K a year, but if he has millions in debt, then he's definitely a no-go.

On the other hand, a guy may be earning no money at all but be the only scion of one of the wealthiest families in the world, and so he'll never have to worry about earning any money in his life.

So I suggest you ask guys for their _net worth_, not just their income. Also, you better ask them if they hold most of their worth in properties and/or immobiliary assets (a plus), or whether their money is put all in d0t-coms and can go in a puff of smoke any minute.

Before you date, consult with your financial advisor for the better questions to pose to your prospective beau. And always demand him to submit proper documentation. Misrepresentation is, unfortunately, common in the dating business.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 01:15 PM

Don't worry, Kragen Darkwolf, I'm not gone.

Some people can get up under your skin and cause you to get out of character, but I'm stronger than that now. I am meditating on how to respond to Guestmale without stooping down to that level. When I get back, what I have to say will be right and stingy. Then, I'll see about starting a new thread.

Midlove
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 07:14 AM

I'd just like to add this about chasing (the elusive) almighty buck:

I don't know of one person who,lying on their death bed says, "I wish I would have worked more."
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 12:44 AM

yeh if the woman is real smart lol but i understand what your saying money is very important to some women
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 02:32 PM

Whatever you do, Kragen darkwolf, do not try to take your matter to court unless you know what you are doing. Why?

May 2002, I was arrested on false charges: extortion, a threat through the mail. What had happened was, I told the Child Support Enforcement Agency that I was going to the Media to tell my story and gave them a date that I was going to do it. They arrested me the day before I was suppose to go.

They knew I was writting a book about them; because, I sent part of it to them. The false charges is a tactic designed to get you to court and then, to evaluation. They lied all through the case.

I got lucky by meeting a rich white guy, whom I credit as saving my life, who had books on how to do motions. To make a long story short. I beat them.

However, concerning the evaluation, it remained as factual. In may, 2004; I sent motions to dismiss the evaluation. My material was returned along with the updated version of my book. Along with the book was a letter saying there is nothing to adjudicate. The problem: no signature and no court seal. It's invalid.

As any psychic will tell you, you are suppose to keep a journal of thoughts. These thoughts are suppose to be the wisdom that you get from all of your experiences. My book is full of principles associated with everyday life that can be assembled to aid any expression.

As for you, silver1944, you were lucky that the problem didn't follow you. It follows me over the course of at least 40 jobs. The same band is playing on all jobs. It pays to please the majority and dog the minority. It's called democracy, which makes policies hard to change. This problem goes beyond racism.

There is more to tell, but I feel we are getting away from the main topic. But, if I continued, you would see that it affects this topic.

midlove
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 28, 2005 at 05:13 PM

There are some good poor people and I am one of them. Therefore, I know that there are some other good poor people.

I put my income in my profile to let them know that they will have to be into me and not my income; because, there is very little. When you know what you want, you have to use a filter in the midst of traffic.

I'll tell you another thing. There are people that are working very hard to get ahead in life; but, there is someone on a higher level in this world working against them. A lot of people don't know this, but I have got proof that may come out at a later date.

So, at least in some cases, you are wrong when you say all you have to do is go get a higher education and everything will fall into place if you try.

That dog ain't huntin for everybody. Ask all those, who do have an education, but working in a warehouse.

However, be careful about discussing this information with anyone; because, the government will declare you delusional. Check the book. It's a coverup.

Midlove
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 17, 2005 at 08:08 AM

Why bother lying, when the truth will enventually come to the surface? If someone is inflating their income to attract a person because they think money is important to the person they are trying to attract, don't be surprised when you wind up with people who only want you for your "money".
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 14, 2005 at 01:34 PM

MrRSVP write:

Just a quick comment...
    For many African American women who have obtained some form of success in their lives, finding a suitable mate is difficult, especially in the metro Atlanta area.

Latest national studies indicate that African American women obtain higher degrees than African American men. This translates into higher salaries and better opportunities for advancement for Black women who may want to date but simply can't find a man of equal financial status.
    I personally know of several women who feel this way. They want to settle down without having to "settle".

What I am getting at is for most women, their prospects for a suitable mate don't increase with their success in life. If anything, their prospects decrease. This recent phenomenon appears to cross racial lines. I saw a segment on 60 minutes where "successful" women of all ethnicities were saying how difficult it was to find a suitable mate.

I am now venturing into uncharted waters so maybe some women readers can supply some input on their experiences.

Good points Mr.RSVP:
    Things are definitely beginning to change on a national level. It's going to be interesting to see how this works itself out.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 14, 2005 at 01:29 PM

cocoabutter415 write:
    I guy with money actually makes me nervous, just because It makes me question if he ever wonders why I am dating him. So if a guy is 25 and he's making 100K a year, I'm less likely to date them.

On another note, sometimes people overlook you because they can't decide whether or not you're telling the truth. I'm 20 and I make a good amount of income for a full-time student my age as an assistant producer. So it's not impossible for some young people to hit around the 25 thousand range. But if you are 20 and making 100K, I would want to know what the heck it is you're doing.

We are now living in a time when opportunities abound. It is entirely possible for someone in the 20-25 year old range to earn 100K per year or a whole lot more. I have a friend who started a little internet business selling income opportunities when he was 24 yrs old(4 years ago), and he earned over 250K in his first year.
    Now he earns millions online at the ripe old age of 28(hey, he's an overachiever). Is this common? NO.
    But it is possible. YOU could do it.
    If you are dating guys with large incomes, it really shouldn't matter, if he is truly into YOU and not his money.
    In the real world, men with money, power and position have at their disposal a much larger pool of women from which to choose. Why?
    Because success attracts women (even if they don't always admit it). So...my advice(which I rarely give)to young people who have ambition and truly believe they will one day make it really big in some endeavor: Hold off on any pressure to marry someone until you've actually made it. Your prospects for a suitable mate will naturally increase as your success in life does. Not everyone will heed this advice, but...
    we all have our own life choices.

p.s. For some weird reason, most people think that the Brad Pitts, John Travoltas, Donald Trumps, and Bill Gates of the world are somehow smarter than everyone else just based on their levels of success, and so we begin to attach images to these people(Disney Land fashion)that have little to do with reality.
    Anyway....I'm writing a book again.
    I'm out.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 14, 2005 at 01:21 PM

Guest_MALE write:
    MrRSVP... WE are not Discus'n those 2 women that YOU KNOW Here... nor are WE Discus'n the women that YOU are Related to. Just TEASE'n YOU Bro ;o9 I always like to Get at those who TRY to Justify their Statements by Say'n... "Not those that I KNOW"... or "that doesn't APPLY to ME In MY Circles because..." blah Blah BLAH... yadda Yadda YADDA

Guest_Male,

Because I don't know every woman in the world, I can't honestly speak on behalf of every woman in the world, now can I? I can only speak of the women who have chosen to share their experiences with me (whoever they may be). To do otherwise would be making blanket statements and huge generalizations, which I am certain that most, if not all women would find very offensive.

I am confident that the more intellectually savvy people on this site will appreciate my thoughtfulness.. Ha Ha just teasing Bro.?
Follow - email me when people comment