why some people lie about their income? why they lie about income Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2007 at 07:28 PM

well i have to be honest on this one education is just a stepping stone to financially freedom a job has a glass ceiling that will only give you so much as far as income! the thing is that after the age 21 we walk around dead I meant mentally because we dare and are SCARED TO DREAM and DREAM BIG! Everything thats on this planet materially, and physically first comes from a thought! It was visualized in the mind first before physically manifested idea, plans, directions etc comes from the most powerful tool most powerful real estate between your ears you can invest in try personal development reading self-improvement books think and grow rich, rich dad poor dad, cash flow quadrant, think like a millionaire in order to be one first you have to think like one! life there is so much to learn out side getting degrees etc. in this world it will make your head spin! benjamin franklin said the man that invest the most in his mind wins. for example if you have a car note that is 600.00 a month invest 600.00 dollars a month into your mind with self-improvement books, audio, dvd, tapes (if you still use)etc. try replacing and deframinting your harddrive (mind) and filling it with new life changing information for 3months you'll be astonished at the improvement in your person, financial, physical,emtional, and spritual life it works. Franklin Roosevelt died with a book under his pillow stated "you can never stop growing" in life you are either moving forward or in reverse there is no standing still growing or dying if you are not feeding your mind the food it needs weeds will grow!!!
    JOB it stands for Just Over Broke it keeps you comming back because you can't afford not too. Look int RESIDUAL INCOME strongest on this planet! you can't fight RESIDUAL DEBT with LINEAR INCOME(hourly wages) night day diffrence between PROFIT and WAGES!!
    remember working at someone else job is their dream and you make it come true everday you punch the clock WHAT ABOUT YOUR DREAMS THINK ABOUT IT
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2007 at 08:07 AM

Yes...Financial literacy is EVERYTHING! I have quite a few friends who make $100,000+ who are in deep debt, and have no savings and live off plastic. Their outside appearance (the expensive cars, jewelry, house) could lead one to believe they "got it going on", but not so....
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 11, 2007 at 05:47 PM

Hey Rumple you are so right man. What you say has to do with being honest. A person who is a golddigger will not tell you on the first date that they are. But time is the most honest thing of all and it reveals the truth in ALL things and people, good and bad.

I would rather be told up front what's up so that I can run away that much sooner and find someone that isn't a golddigger.

And while we are on the subject of incomes, I think a lot of women look for that in a man because they want that much more security. They feel more secure if he makes more money. I am not saying that they won't feel secure with him otherwise for there are those that look for emotional security as well.

Good luck with you on your love quest.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 21, 2006 at 10:02 PM

Sometimes a woman can put down education as their occupation, and then list salary as " ask me" and truly be a teacher making a decent living. I always check the age. And of course one can always just ask them.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 31, 2006 at 07:07 PM

i don't know why people lie about there income the truth always comes out in the end. If my love interest doesn't accept me for me and all of me then he doesn't want me anywayz lol
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 07:20 PM

Im usually only on the quotes forum but he or she lies because its probably someone who wants to help there pride and self esteem and feel BIG.!!! {but this poor soul has there story also} [actually sometimes its comical, one guy without degrees told me he was making $75,000/yr. working in the E.R.]
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 03:58 PM

cyupanqui write:
    I like it when a woman is honest and says in her profile, right away: "I am a gold-digger."

It makes things much easier.

lol, i'll one step further , cyup.... next time you check her profile check what it says for 'occupation'....IF it says anything that relates to school(ing), then look at the income..... lol..... esp if it's non-specif, or 'ask me', or less than 15k(USA)..... ROFLLMAO....... she is probably looking for a 'scholarship', a 'grant', or 'tuition' for at least one semester.... and oh!!! almost forgot..... housing may be required

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 11:31 AM

I agree. I think in a relationship someone is always going to come to the table with maybe a little more financially. This can be because of education, circumstance, and opportunity. I say each person should hold their own. Everyone should keep striving to better themselves.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 06, 2006 at 08:30 PM

I'm willing to date a man as long as he isn't looking for a bank and can pay his own bills, and can afford to date without it creating a problem for him.
    My friend was dating a man who took her out, and then later wanted to "borrow" some money. She never saw the cash or the guy again. She learned her lesson.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 07, 2006 at 10:36 AM

Luliana write:

And as for a good education being a guarantee for financial stability - not in 2006. Those times are over.

You are so RIGHT about that!!! There are still lots of people out there who subscribe to the notion that a GOOD EDUCATION will be their pathway to a better job and more money. That is no longer the case, and it hasn't been the case for a long time.

Today's education should encompass FINANCIAL ORIENTATION or put another way, FINANCIAL LITERACY. You might be surprised to discover the overwhelming majority of the so called EDUCATIONALLY INTELLIGENT people who are actually FINANCIALLY ILLITERATE.

Jobs/Careers are great for gaining experience, but at some point, one must learn how to manage their own personal business affairs.
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2006 at 11:35 PM

true2selfxxx write:
    No, I can say for a fact that I am not use to a man spending this much money on one meal. So if this makes me cheesy so be it. He is a sweet man and I just would hate to think that someone would take advantage of a good thing and not see him for who he is versus what he spends.

You are not alone on this thought. Most people seem to have, for lack of a better term, an economic comfort zone. In other words, there are certain aspects and standards of living that you are comfortable with. Being in our own respective elements is what most of us are accustomed to.

Did you see the film PRETTY WOMAN, starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts?

The character Richard played was an ultra wealthy real estate/business man. He befriended, then wined and dined a young prostitute, played by Julia. She was so overwhelmed by the luxurious aspects of life this man had introduced to her. She couldn't believe that people actually live that life style!!

Well, in the real world, there are some people who live that way, with no pretense involved. Walking into a jewelry store and spending $18,000 on a Rolex watch would be no different for them than your walking into a PAYLESS SHOE STORE and buying a pair of shoes(not suggesting that's your kind of store.).

I will admit there are some men who willingly get themselves into debt to appear to have more money than they actually have, in order to gain favor with women, and you are quite wise to be wary of such men.
  • View author's info Posted on May 03, 2006 at 10:11 AM

cyupanqui write:
    I like it when a woman is honest and says in her profile, right away: "I am a gold-digger."

I agree with you completely cimmie. An honest GOLD DIGGING woman who admits it from the start, saves us so much time and effort in our quest to AVOID HER LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 02, 2006 at 12:16 AM

• View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 03:31 PM

true2selfxxx write:
    I met this guy who initially took me out to a five star restaurant. Spent approximately $400.00 on the meal and I am sitting there totally baffled and ashamed. Does he do this for every date and I did not feel special at all!!! I told him the next date should be a hot dog and chips. The bottom line is that he may not have been lying about his income but certainly he probably was being used.

true2selfxxx:

Please explain how he was probably being used? By whom? You?

Money is a relative thing. If he is a man of greater financial means, a $400 dinner is not that big a deal, except to the people who are not used to it. Buying a multi-million dollar home is not that big a deal except to those who can't afford it.

Perhaps this man was used to eating at five star restaurants, of course, if that is not the case, and he simply wanted to impress you, perhaps he could have found another way to do it.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 13, 2005 at 05:28 AM

Rather then lie about my income I never post it. First it is no-ones business what I make. My family and friends don't even know what my income is and I don't ask them what there's is either. This is one of those things that should remain private. If there is a chemistry or I like someone it doesn't matter what they earn. And just because someone posts on their profile they make 6 figures doesn't mean I would want them anyway. People can be rich in many other area's then money.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 13, 2005 at 01:23 AM

Oh yes, a rock-solid education is the definitive path to wealth, trust me in that one.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 13, 2005 at 12:26 AM

BlaqueQueen write:
    samantha451, I don't think that was quite funny with what you said. You said that this site should have a new column for 19years old un-educated "millioners" that says INCOME WHEN MY C.D. drops. Just because a guy may not be in college, that doesn't mean he doesn't have money. At the same time, a guy may be in college, but doesn't have a dime to his name. Don't think that I'm standing up for the "future rappers and singers" because I'm just like them. I'm a beautiful black young woman, 19 years of age, attend College full time, and soon to graduate with my Associate of Arts in Businees Administration. I have my own car, no kids, and a damn-good head on my shoulders....

You make some good points BlackQueen, but those folks you mention weren't the people I was referring to.

I suppose there ARE some 19yr. old millionaires, but if they don't come from money and/or are aren't very well educated, you gotta admit they are few & far between.

The topic was "Why lie about income?" so I was actually referring to the ones who are legends in their own minds.

The next big doesn't happen often, nor to everyone who thinks they have the talent to make it.
    Case in point, you ever see those American Idol outtakes of the folks who don't make it??

So my post was intended for the ones with the lies that are so lame 'cause they don't even have the vaguest plausibility to back their
    outrageous lies.

And though it's off topic, but I just wanna say...
    Congrats on your soon to be completed A.A.!! =)
    If you're considering going for your Bachelor's degree, here's wishing you successes in your education & career.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 11, 2005 at 02:54 PM

BlaqueQueen write:
    samantha451, I don't think that was quite funny with what you said. You said that this site should have a new column for 19years old un-educated "millioners" that says INCOME WHEN MY C.D. drops. Just because a guy may not be in college, that doesn't mean he doesn't have money. At the same time, a guy may be in college, but doesn't have a dime to his name. Don't think that I'm standing up for the "future rappers and singers" because I'm just like them. I'm a beautiful black young woman, 19 years of age, attend College full time, and soon to graduate with my Associate of Arts in Businees Administration. I have my own car, no kids, and a damn-good head on my shoulders....

I think your accomplishments are awesome and I like your spunk Blaque! Hope to see more posts from you in other threads.

Welcome!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 06, 2005 at 05:10 PM

jdavis123 write:
    DesertBro - How does a middle-class guy cope with these extremes??? By giving her the shagging of a lifetime.

But honestly - I do hear you. I personally could care less how much the woman makes. But some people do and I respect that. If I don't fit your profile, next.

I'm not scared by the money thing. I'm scared whenever I read "goal oriented". Terrifies me to no end. They already have our whole life planned out and we havn't even met yet, LOL.

LMAO! Aye, I hear ya man!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2005 at 11:13 AM

Follow - email me when people comment