IN THE BEGINNING..... Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2006 at 09:33 AM

verrrrrry nice contribution...... getting closer the bowl perimeter..... i do thank you for stepping up....... a lot of credibility if not truth in what you say/type..........

lol... see you on West Atlantic.....

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2006 at 07:11 AM

Religion is an invention of man based on a fundamental belief system. Man is the most creative animal in the world. We have thoughts and ideas from sane to insane. Religion can be a power full tool to control these. Take for example most people have on occassionl a wild or crazy thought but what keeps us from acting these thoughts out? Guilt,shame, the wrath of god and burning in hell forever. Religion can keep our society in check as in moral law vs gov law. As we see more and more people leaving the religious arena. We are seeing our society breaking down more and more. I believe in God but, I dont not believe in religon written and created by man. But I do believe religion is necessary to control some people impulses to act out on their fantasies. Iam a surviror in many ways from racism to near death. My faith in that it is a God has gotten me throught, not my neighbor,doctor parents or anyone else. We have to believe in something or what's the point of all of this
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2006 at 09:34 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    You wish I was scared. I could have left the topic the way it was, with no response. But, I prefer that you speak your mind. So, I'm going to dive in blindly. Although I know the answer, this is how I'm going to do it:

The religion, I think you're referring to, started about 53 years ago and may taken years to develop, even up to September 22, 2006.

I'm serious about the answer.

How am I doing?

Re:

blind you are, and blind you shall be...and probably blind you will stay.....those that are actually sightless may have more vision than you....

i appreciate humor even it if it's mocking ....... i would suggest you stay in your own comfort zone.....your standup routine needs alot more work....

by the way the Messiah, Jesus, God or any other deity to the best of my knowledge is not 53 years old and if the number you picked is more of mine than a coincidence , then i do appreciate the flattery but i don't walk on water for anybody, especially when it smacks of similar events about 2000 years ago......
    you are not very good at Crucifixions........ stay in your cubicle..... you are not one to push walls........ happy claustrophobia....
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 28, 2006 at 01:37 PM

rumplestilskin2005 write:

"and again i will say...

"I've been witness to a lot of blog tossing, twisting, spinning & forumphering here & about these hallways...... and one item i have NOT seen....re: RELIGION. "

I see you as very fearful of pointing these things out. But, enough of the off topic conversation. Let's make progress. I gave you my answer.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 28, 2006 at 01:34 PM

Comfort Zone? You wish I was scared. I could have left the topic the way it was, with no response. But, I prefer that you speak your mind. So, I'm going to dive in blindly. Although I know the answer, this is how I'm going to do it:

The religion, I think you're referring to, started about 53 years ago and may taken years to develop, even up to September 22, 2006.

I'm serious about the answer.

How am I doing?
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 27, 2006 at 08:24 PM

[quote]
    When I start a topic, I don't worry about others; I just speak, knowing I can defend myself. [quote]

interesting...... i started a topic and I'm not worried about the others. there was no ATTACK. it was an observation of the postings. How intriguing tho', one man's challenge is another's attack. all i see is you and YOU appear to be making it personal..... yet you keep saying WE....
    I'm not even going to dignify your insults with an answer.......lol. maybe i just did...
    all i see is YOU claiming to represent WE....... and again i will say...

"I've been witness to a lot of blog tossing, twisting, spinning & forumphering here & about these hallways...... and one item i have NOT seen....re: RELIGION.

"so allow ME to toss el mui grande LOG into the fires of flashing k-bords and see how high the flames get.... winter's coming.....

WHERE DID RELIGION COME FROM...???
    i AM serious about the question.... "

if you are going to edit out of context, please make sure you do it properly. it tends to slant the author's point and misguide the reader..
    PLUS if you can not or wish not to post re: the topic, then don't post unless you have something pertinent other than YOUR requirements....... which have no validity as I see it along with what appears to be the fact that you are intent to argue with me for the sake of avoiding contribution......
    must be a tough question.....looks like you're staying inside your envelope, aka comfort zone...
    your prerogative.......

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 26, 2006 at 02:44 PM

You say, "Balls"?

I had enough nerve to put my belief on the forum, even when no one was challenging, knowing I could be attacked by anyone. I wasn't afraid to go full speed ahead. I didn't feel that I needed anyone's approval. I knew I could defend myself, in case of attack.

You said:

"I've been witness to a lot of blog tossing, twisting, spinning & forumphering here & about these hallways...... and one item i have NOT seen....re: RELIGION. "

I took that as an attack on somebody, which now includes your use of the word, "Amateur". I don't know if you are referring to me or not.

I, also, felt that you already started off on the wrong foot; but, I cannot verify it; because, you have not gone far enough.

As far as your use of the word, "Balls", I think that a lot of us, who have been here awhile, have already put on a demonstration long before you.

Nothing personal; but, we've seen your humor, but not any meat and potatoes.

When I start a topic, I don't worry about others; I just speak, knowing I can defend myself. That's balls, with no humor, just meat and potatoes.

"i have no reason to validate 'expertise' to myopic thinking......
    no guts no glory no risk no reward... "

You can't miss what you never had.

Also, I gave my reward freely. Shouldn't we all? Many of us, argue for the benefit of knowledge, not just to argue for the sakes of arguing.

Who knows, if you proceed, we might learn something from each other. However, I won't participate in name calling or anything that is not productive conversation. I try to be more mature than that.

Ladies and Gentlemen
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 25, 2006 at 09:57 PM

MIDLOVE write:
    You could attack whatever I have said as untrue or anyone else for that matter. That would probably get the ball rolling.

You could forget about a response and put your belief in this forum for someone to challenge.

I, myself, don't know where you're going. I don't blame anyone, if they don't want to dive in blindly. Show us your expertise.

have no reason to attack decent postings with honorable thoughts and interpretations...have rather enjoyed the postings, even when they come from less than amateur theologians... have already done the 'attacking' to indecency...
    since you admittedly can not see where i'm going or wish to make an offering, then you are another who just 'does not get it...'
    i have no reason to validate 'expertise' to myopic thinking......
    no guts no glory no risk no reward... the silence speaks for itself... all the balls are in this court.....
    it would appear there are none on this side of the hallway...
    nice to see that everyone made you their spokesperson...(nothing personal)
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2006 at 12:01 PM

You could attack whatever I have said as untrue or anyone else for that matter. That would probably get the ball rolling.

You could forget about a response and put your belief in this forum for someone to challenge.

I, myself, don't know where you're going. I don't blame anyone, if they don't want to dive in blindly. Show us your expertise.
Follow - email me when people comment