IN THE BEGINNING..... Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Sep 22, 2006 at 11:12 PM

Probably the three most topical topics(LOL)amongst people, let alone that which decimates a relationship, are:
    a. Politics
    b. Money $$$
    c. Religion
    I've been witness to a lot of blog tossing, twisting, spinning & forumphering here & about these hallways...... and one item i have NOT seen....re: RELIGION.

so allow ME to toss el mui grande LOG into the fires of flashing k-bords and see how high the flames get.... winter's coming.....

WHERE DID RELIGION COME FROM...???
    i AM serious about the question....

conditions:..... lol..... no YELLING, screaming, blasphemy, yo' momma jokes, biting, clawing, spitting, blocking, deleting, elbowing, hostage taking, voodoo rites, door slamming, bottle rockets, bags of poo burning at the door or pulling the race card.
    ALL religions allowed, including, hetero, homo, lesb, asectsual, agnostics and yes even atheists are welcome, too..... LOL.. Atheists are people too....
    Intellect not required..... if illiterate have a buddy read to you and nod your head vertically or horizontally. we can see you from here.
    Decision of THE Judge(s) is/are/am final... entries will NOT be returned and are considered property of the web ether.
    Winner(s) will be based on originality, ingenuity, and a general lack of a lightning bolt striking them dead. Plagues, famine, locusts, drought and floods will not be considered......

i am quite intrigued at the response level on this Forum for this topic..... lol.... NONE...!!! where did all the Divine, Darwinian, Evolutionary, Anthropological, Illogical theorists and Scientologists go.....???
    AHAH......... NOBODY WANTS TO GO FIRST...!
    i was informed that the forum was somewhat more sedate.......... but SEDATED...??? sedentary...??? either that or i have encroached into the unspeakable and i am being caste into purgatory.......
    FINE...!!! make it so...!!! but i'm in charge and running it. ANNNND i've got first dibs on the confession concession........

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 28Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 05, 2007 at 02:44 PM

Religion is man's attempt to understand the unseen or unexplainable. Groups of like minds gathered together under common beliefs, if it made sense, appealed to them or answered a need/question. This also united them to a common cause. The first religions were animism, worshipping the world around them, attempting to coerce good hunts, good harvests, and healthy off-spring. They also did not worship one deity, they had multiple 'gods'.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 23, 2006 at 09:24 PM

[quote]If can/could/entertain/accept that all the works of main, primarily the arts, and maybe even his architecture, but focused on the literary and the arts ARE INTERPRETIVE should/could/will one take another step and include testaments, scripture, spiritual, religious writings and objects of such. [quote]

Interpretation, Perception.......
    what easily follows is presumption, assumption....BUT TRANSLATION is NOT an exacting science itself....it has variances, as well.
    speech in itself is a way of communicating involving air, and those parts of the pathway forming sounds of familiarity in order to communicate with others who are 'in tune' as well. those who are not, voila.... different 'language'. when recorded on paper with a writing instrument we have graphic symbols/characters to represent those sounds........
    BUT how exacting is a language translation from one to another....
    EXAMPLE....( warning....lol.... i am not looking to get into a religious dialogue,debate,argument on the illustration. IT IS ONLY FFT to illustrate.)ready...??? (DEEEEEEP BREATH here...)
    when Jesus said "I am the Son of God". could/would/is it POSSIBLE that what was said was 'I am a child of God' as in we are God's children(Hebrews). FFT. MEANING: i am writing in English.... i doubt very highly that Jesus was, as well.... if that were the case, then we would truly have a miracle...
    Still with me...??? Remember FFT... not looking to debate on Jesus..
    OK... Percepction, Interpretation, Translation......

Next part...... WALKING THE FINE LINE of:
    GENIUS - INSANITY
    LOVE - HATE
    DAY - NIGHT
    SPIRITUALITY - SUPERSTITION
    REAL - SURREAL

the line can be so fine, that there are at times transparency. sometimes complete.

FFT.......... stay tuned.....

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 19, 2006 at 05:47 PM

patrick20062000 write:
    midlove beleives that there is a false rumplestiltskin, if what midlove says is true, then intelligent and well balanced posts would be rather difficult,midlove also beleives that some one is delaying his posts if that is true then it shows once again that satan is always devious and false, but whats new ?,we already knew that

Re:

and the lot of you have no pictures up at all...... makes sense to me.....

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 19, 2006 at 03:18 PM

patrick20062000 write:
    midlove beleives that there is a false rumplestiltskin, if what midlove says is true, then intelligent and well balanced posts would be rather difficult,midlove also beleives that some one is delaying his posts if that is true then it shows once again that satan is always devious and false, but whats new ?,we already knew that

Re:

the opposite may have more credibility, leading one to the conclusion that said individual is delusional with unsubstantiated remarks arriving at a more obvious conclusion

sounds like satan at work to me..... exorcism anyone...???

and if you and he believe in the quoted supposition then you may very well be on the same mushroom diet and believe in the tooth fairy as well........

did he say 'posts' or 'pants'...??? i can see why someone might be holding up his pants for him but definitely not his posts.....

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 19, 2006 at 02:18 PM

patrick20062000 write:
    i fully agree with brian66 in his use of the word control, control is the correct word.the different religions are all seperate battalons in an army. the catholic division is controlled by the pope,the judaic division by the cheif rabbi,the the islamic division controlled by the mullah or oman and so on, but the supreme commander in chief is satan,he exercises control over all his armies, there must be control otherwise they would not do what he commands them to do,you have to have some sort of control over your troops.

Re:

so what you are suggesting, in effect, is that religion is more of a military nature than spiritual.......
    you have me intrigued.....

HOWEVER...!!! if you got to my initial entry here... it clearly says, if not asks 'WHERE DID RELIGION COME FROM...???'
    you are being somewhat after the fact in that you are telling what religion is/does....

regardless, brian's and your contributions are greatly appreciated......
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 18, 2006 at 10:27 PM

MIDLOVE write:
    It appears that someone is holding up my posts.

Leave my posts alone.

I really don't have time for right now.But, I'll be back.

Again, leave my posts alone.

I don't believe that Rumplestilskin2005 is the same as the one in the picture.

Re:

if your posts are being 'held up' i would suggest they are being held UP for everyone to see.....
    to delete or to block is to be in denial.... i leave those tasks to the webmeisters.....
    i do find your last comment intriguing, especially since my added post of october 10......
    and if you could come up with a better picture please submit for my approval...

i would strongly consider changing my brand of mushrooms.....
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 18, 2006 at 07:15 PM

MIDLOVE write:

Leave my posts alone.

Re:

Ahh, but WHICH picture MIDLOVE?

Myself, I suppose he most closely resembles the one in the lithograph he's attached to many of his posts.

Oops! Then again, being his alleged twin (conjoined twin, no doubt, judging from another pic here abouts... Connected at the cerebral cortex perchance?) hmmm, may be best I rethink that supposition.
    Possibly most closely resembles the sly little gnome when he's rattling a few folkes cages.
    Yet unlike the Brother's Grimm's rendition, I cannot imagine OUR "R" stomping himself through the floor into oblivion simply when things don't go his way.

But back to Religion...

I think Patrick may be near to the truth, though I don't believe any organized religion started out that way.
    -As a means to control.

Wickedly opportunistic minds certainly saw all organized religions as a means to do so.
    But more likely, the INCEPTION of organized religions had more to do with the human desire to understand the forces of nature around them and, by assigning various deities, to be passified and appeased, attempt to control their natural surroundings.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 18, 2006 at 04:41 AM

i fully agree with brian66 in his use of the word control, control is the correct word.the different religions are all seperate battalons in an army. the catholic division is controlled by the pope,the judaic division by the cheif rabbi,the the islamic division controlled by the mullah or oman and so on, but the supreme commander in chief is satan,he exercises control over all his armies, there must be control otherwise they would not do what he commands them to do,you have to have some sort of control over your troops.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 18, 2006 at 04:37 AM

• View author's info Posted on Oct 17, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Leave my posts alone.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 16, 2006 at 04:50 PM

brian66 write:
    spiritual truth comes from GOD worldly religion is an invention of men, to control the masses of peoples....BRIAN

Re:

very nice Brian...... appreciated..... but i don't know if i would use the word 'control'..... at least for me.....in my position of reference...
    stay tuned...
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 15, 2006 at 11:48 AM

spiritual truth comes from GOD worldly religion is an invention of men, to control the masses of peoples....BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 10, 2006 at 02:35 PM

Allow me to somewhat digress for a moment and stir up the mix a bit.....
    Interpretive and Perception.... using moi as an example... my pictures on profile, mainly the main one you see here.... YOU perceive and interpret that to be me..... because 'I' put it there... you are trusting if not accepting that it is ME, because 'I' put IT there. The SAME goes for the 'fill in the blanks' and the candor.
    HOWEVER...!!! what YOU 'get' out of those items is from YOU and whether if you like or don't like or the OPINION you form comes from YOU...

NOW...... WHAT IF... those items are NOT ME...??? gender, race, blank fill, candor..... if that be the case and you come to find that out you will probably go through some type of emotion.... good, bad, ugly, none(unlikely, but possible).
    end of digression......
    FFT = Food For Thought.....
    stay tuned......
    better to digest slowly than gorge......
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 08, 2006 at 08:39 AM

[quote]Yet Rumple,since in your post that kicked off this most interesting discussion, you disallowed in your criteria for posting one of the foremost of these most ancient forms of religious practices,(one still practiced in many corners,both remote and not so remote, of the world today[quote]

moi...??? has made an omission...??? can i be saved, salvaged, restored...??? i dare say resurrected.... blasphemy and sacrilege..... chicken bones, blood and frogs' eyes.....
    s'il vous plait..... fill in my blank spot before you emote on another playground....... but methinks you wish to speed up the process..... patience my pet..... some things are worth waiting for, with the exception of a Chinese water torture...

i will say that your contribution here is one of the more interesting and enjoyable pieces in the hallway. as i declared in the opening, the topic is controversial, but i'm fully inoculated for toxins just in case....... posting and blogging is not a perfect world.......
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 07, 2006 at 03:25 PM

Gentlemen,Such venom in what might otherwise be an illuminating discussion.Now,I myself claim no expertise on the subject.But then isn't that one of the beauties of a public forum:That the amateur might kick about various and sundry topics of discussion,that they might therefore further themselves(and others)along the road to becoming more"expert?"But as one pragmatist to another,Rum,I see a bit of a conundrum in your most recent invitation.That being that many of the more fervent believers of various ilk of religious dogma might conceivably argue that their religious text(s) of choice be not the work of mankind but,going even beyond merely being divinely inspired, are themselves the works of their own various and sundry God(s).Woe to say, but this seemingly pulls the proverbial rug out from under the original premise of said recent invitation you extended our happy little community.A few things upon which I can readily agree with you: All of humankinds works are subject to interpretation, 21 century mans world view is nowhere near prehistoric mans, & that the roots of religious beliefs and practices are indeed far more ancient than some mere 2000 odd years old,predating even humankind's acquisition of written language thus,the ability to scribe such beliefs and practices into the form of any artistic works other than pictorial,sculpted,carved,or woven.Yet Rumple,since in your post that kicked off this most interesting discussion, you disallowed in your criteria for posting one of the foremost of these most ancient forms of religious practices,(one still practiced in many corners,both remote and not so remote, of the world today I might add,)I suppose I must collect up my "bones and chicken blood," and wander away from this corner of the fish bowl to find whatever murk and mischief I might stir up elsewhere on these boards.lol
    P.S.Rumple,never abandon that ironically charming acerbic wit of yours.It just might be THE most marvelous route to YOUR"meat and potatos"

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 06, 2006 at 10:56 AM

ok...... time to put a wee bit more in the mix....

here try this on for size.....
    can/would/could/will YOU (whoever is doing a laying of the eyes on this multi-ply thread) entertain, consider, accept, the thought, IF NOT THE FACT, that ALL the works of man are interpretive...???
    WORKS being defined on this forum as literary, sculpture, paintings, drawings. essentially the arts.

Some things are worth waiting for(my opinion... lol..)

If one can/could/entertain/accept that all the works of man, primarily the arts, and maybe even his architecture, but focused on the literary and the arts ARE INTERPRETIVE, should/could/will one take another step and include testaments, scripture, spiritual, religious writings and objects of such.
    keep in mind that at this moment we are communicating in English, which in itself has been changing as well over decades and centuries along with the other languages of the world.
    ANNNNND (clue here) the thinking/attitudes/philosophies of contemporary civilization today may be very different of what WAS 2000 and more years ago.......
    soooooooo could YOU take another step and include testaments, scripture, spiritual, religious writings and objects of such?

Now i WILL make a clarification here....... i AM a deeply spiritual/religious person... but i can also be pragmatic as all get out.... i definitely am not looking to convert/defy/deny what lies within you......
    this is all Food For Thought......
    step into the wall of the fishbowl.......
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 04, 2006 at 03:36 PM

[quote]But, I'll give my answer, which is based on the definition I gave of religion earlier. Religion came from God. [quote]

Religion came from God.........very interesting.... and you probably believe the stork brings babies too......

Insult??? i don't see any insult.... but if that's your perception or interpretation then you may have some very deep emotional issues that may require professional attention......

i will add, contribute, answer, comment when and where i desire to and not when prompted, or i should say goaded, by one who avoids and sidesteps the question.... and is starting to appear like an enfante terrible.....
    however, IF that is your contribution..... fine, you did it... now go back to your seat sit down and be a nice little man(insulting expression).... it is starting to appear and become more apparent that you are the one who is becoming unbecoming and insulting with insistent and adamant demands. cute.

This forum will not shift because you're stamping your feet, or punching your keys.
    To paraphrase Leslie Gore, It's my Forum and i'll do what i want to.....
    p.s. BTW. very bland answer.... Nemo might do better with one fin...

OH!!! and what DOES happen when 'you don't like it'?
    [quote]I don't like it when the wrong people try and teach others religion, in such a manner as to put them above those that respond or listen, without any justification. I accepted beanpie over you.[quote]
    i think you and the FBP would make a nice couple....... i take it you're roomies...???
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 02, 2006 at 03:48 PM

I don't perceive as one to teach anyone religion. He has started a topic; but, is scared to contribute to his very own topic out of fear that he may be proven wrong.

But, I'll give my answer, which is based on the definition I gave of religion earlier. Religion came from God.

You must prove me wrong or accept the fact that my earlier answer is true.

You attempt to insult; but yet, you don't have anything to back up your insults. Back it up or simply continue to look like a trouble maker.

Even if you oppose my answer, it won't make it wrong because you are rumplestilskin2005. You must back it up constructively.

Again, you are getting closer to displaying your error. Keep talking.

What part of Ladyblk7' post did you approve and what part did you disapprove, if any? Let us see you demonstrate your expertise.

Either talk or I'll check back with you in the future, if you finally complete the topic. Make sure you do everything right; because, I don't like it when the wrong people try and teach others religion, in such a manner as to put them above those that respond or listen, without any justification. I accepted beanpie over you.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2006 at 11:30 AM

I don't perceive rumplestilskin2005 as one to teach anyone religion. He has started a topic; but, is scared to contribute to his very own topic out of fear that he may be proven wrong.

But, I'll give my answer, which is based on the definition I gave of religion earlier. Religion came from God.

You must prove me wrong or accept the fact that my earlier answer is true.

You attempt to insult; but yet, you don't have anything to back up your insults. Back it up or simply continue to look like a trouble maker.

Even if you oppose my answer, it won't make it wrong because you are rumplestilskin2005. You must back it up constructively.

Again, you are getting closer to displaying your error. Keep talking.

What part of Ladyblk7' post did you approve and what part did you disapprove, if any? Let us see you demonstrate your expertise.

Either talk or I'll check back with you in the future, if you finally complete the topic. Make sure you do everything right; because, I don't like it when the wrong people try and teach others religion, in such a manner as to put them above those that respond or listen, without any justification. I accepted beanpie over you.
Follow - email me when people comment