Black women who only date white men... INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Nov 17, 2006 at 11:20 AM

wiseflower30 write:
    johnnie, that may be so ...but the reason i liked rumple's response, is because it explains humanity's reason to resort and stay with ignorance other than communication....you say jealousy is the reason, but explain some people's animosity towards homosexuality?... being raised in the Catholic faith, i was told it goes against the laws of nature, but growing up with a male cousin who was effeminate as a child(and I'm not saying that there's a "gender" in homosexuality) and was always attracted to his sex, i saw first hand, his fight to conform, his pain and eventually his withdrawal and I questioned what did he do that was so wrong that complete strangers can look at him with disgust and hate...jealousy, i do not think so, i believe in God, and he gave us free will, we choose to use and abuse....we use his name often to rationalize our reason for hate....can you explain to me, how does, a person's race, religion, tribe, culture, sexual preference is any body's business? and why we as human beings feel the need to explain our decisions when it does not hurt anyone else?.... jealousy...i doubt it, it's hate ..cause nothing makes us feel better than to degrade another human being because their choices or lack of it, dictates who they are....knowledge is suppose to be the way to an open-mind....but instead we choose to be ignorant.....

Re:

BRAVO...!!! BRAVO...!!! BRAVO...!!! AUTHOR...!!! AUTHOR...!!! AUTHOR...!!!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 17, 2006 at 06:42 AM

anewworld
    "and it seems to be directed toward Rumpy's graphic - because he posts a lot of comments."

First of all when I'm directing something towards "rumpy" I will state his name or something to the equivalent i.e grumpy stumble, bumble...

Secondly rumble and I have already had the Darwin and graphic conversation so I do know where he stands, but I don't think you do.

Third This site is not dedicated to him... So let's, since we're assuming, assume I'm speaking to the masses unless I say other wise. And also if you read anything I've written about Darwinism, you would no that I agree with some of his beliefs(adaptation), but that his theory is not an absolute, because it is does not speak of the beginning nor the end, it is incomplete.

Furthermore your statement "to maintain relevance to the subject matter... The subject matter was going beyond Humanity in my statement and in his it was Human nature...But yours was defending his picture, I fail to see the relevance. My time is precious please don't waste it on nonsensical issues.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2006 at 03:41 PM

johnnie, that may be so ...but the reason i liked rumple's response, is because it explains humanity's reason to resort and stay with ignorance other than communication....you say jealousy is the reason, but explain some people's animosity towards homosexuality?... being raised in the Catholic faith, i was told it goes against the laws of nature, but growing up with a male cousin who was effeminate as a child(and I'm not saying that there's a "gender" in homosexuality) and was always attracted to his sex, i saw first hand, his fight to conform, his pain and eventually his withdrawal and I questioned what did he do that was so wrong that complete strangers can look at him with disgust and hate...jealousy, i do not think so, i believe in God, and he gave us free will, we choose to use and abuse....we use his name often to rationalize our reason for hate....can you explain to me, how does, a person's race, religion, tribe, culture, sexual preference is any body's business? and why we as human beings feel the need to explain our decisions when it does not hurt anyone else?.... jealousy...i doubt it, it's hate ..cause nothing makes us feel better than to degrade another human being because their choices or lack of it, dictates who they are....knowledge is suppose to be the way to an open-mind....but instead we choose to be ignorant.....
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2006 at 10:28 AM

"And for those of you who adhere to Darwin's Theory" I see this statement (or some version of a stated Darwinism)a lot, and it seems to be directed toward Rumpy's graphic - because he posts a lot of comments. That graphic depicts Evolution, not Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest in the animal kingdom... It's interesting that he's always allowed people to have their own belief about what the graphic is and/or means. At least, I've never read where he's ever corrected anyone's assumption. But in this case, I think its causing you to think he's coming from one point of view, but imo, I don't think he's coming from there. I'm just pointing this out in an effort to maintain relevance to the subject matter...
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 15, 2006 at 08:26 AM

wiseflower30 wrote "Rumple that's one of the best answer I have gotten..."

While it may be the best you've gotten it is incomplete. Hate as you put it,(which I feel the root of it all is Jealousy) is not confined to Humanity nor human nature, it is a part of all existence. Jealousy was here way before humans. Also depending on if you believe in God or not, the Angels were jealous and it is written even God himself is a jealous God. And for those of you who adhere to Darwin's Theory, he too believed that Man and Animal expressed the same emotions.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 09, 2006 at 09:59 AM

rumplestilskin2005 write:
    [quote]This subject seems to come up quite frequently on these forums and on the blogs...and I started wondering if geography has some thing to do with it..[quote]

might be more an indication of human nature...... as long as there is humanity there will always be something for someone to criticize about someone else in direct proportion to the obviousness..... and indirectly proportional to the ability of that critical someone to reflect upon themselves.....

Re:

Rumple that's one of the best answer I have gotten... it explains why people find the need to always hate, whether, it's race, gender, sexual preference,religion ...a joke of mine is that when we run out of those, we shall start looking down on people who are not computer savy!!! - to prove how silly we are..but i love your post, it may be the accurate theory to this question...
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 08, 2006 at 09:25 PM

[quote]This subject seems to come up quite frequently on these forums and on the blogs...and I started wondering if geography has some thing to do with it..[quote]

might be more an indication of human nature...... as long as there is humanity there will always be something for someone to criticize about someone else in direct proportion to the obviousness..... and indirectly proportional to the ability of that critical someone to reflect upon themselves.....

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 06, 2006 at 02:58 PM

MIDLOVE write:
    Nice post and welcome back wiseflower30

Re:

Hi midlove, it's good to be back ...thanks for the welcome
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 05, 2006 at 02:26 PM

Nice post and welcome back wiseflower30
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 02, 2006 at 08:16 AM

This subject seems to come up quite frequently on these forums and on the blogs...and I started wondering if geography has some thing to do with it..for example in Montreal interracial dating is so common, that when I see a couple I see just that a couple...it is not until a relative of mine came here for a visit for the first time and freaked out when she saw a black couple ( this was after a two week stay) that I realize how de-sentize I've become towards it. I grew up with a multi-cultural crowd and when it was time for "hook ups", ethinicity was not an issue but height was...whites,blacks, live together in the same neighbourhood and even though you might find a dominant culture in some aeras, you will still find a good amount of other races and cultures. Don't get me wrong we do have racism here and I'm sure there's quite a few individuals who are oppose to the "mixing", but you just don't get the feeling that you need to explain who you are with or why you choose this person...and I wonder if the people who keep posing these questions, is it because of the environment that you grew up in that you feel it's some type of "betrayal" to date outside of your race...i've heard the reason that people give for why they do, a common one from a African girlfriend of mine, "black men do not treat her right", this coming from the female who dated and married a white man who beat up his past girlfriend and was convicted for attempted murder..now don't get mad i'm not saying white men do these things..but when he did the same to her why didn't she draw that conclusion and stop dating white men...jerks come in all shapes,sizes and races just like good men and women...get over the why? it's not important.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 04, 2006 at 05:41 PM

TxEbonyPrincess write:
    See my blog or message under the forum...
    Title: WHY ASK...Why? lol

Re:

I find the question on this particular forum very valid and interesting considering the fact that it IS on an IR site and that there are a multitude of reasons why we do things and make the decisions we do.
    the joys of being human.

But what I DO find even more intriguing is that some of the answers here actually raise questions.......
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2006 at 10:22 AM

yeah! like black women never get angry when they see a bm with a ww. lol!!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 03, 2006 at 02:07 PM

BrnEyedGurl write:
    Speaking personally, I'm just more attracted to white guys. I don't hate black men or anything like that. And there are black guys I'm attracted to, but just love the white boys.

It is nothing wrong with that because I am more attracted to white guys myself.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 03, 2006 at 01:43 PM

princeofsoul write:
    Just out of curiousity,why do you chose to date exclusively one color of man? Is it that you simply are more attracted to white men or is it that you've been hurt by a black man and have basically sworn them off?

It seems so strange that when a black woman is interested in a white man, it becomes a problem. I have noticed that alot of black guys are always complaining about the black women but to be truthful the black men are the ones that are not in their children's lives and the mother's are the ones who end up raising the children by themselves. If anything, black men should be putting black women on a pedestal especially since their own mothers are black and they were the ones who had to raise them.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 13, 2006 at 06:57 PM

To be honest, I just love men. Race and color are not important; I just need to have an attraction to the person.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 13, 2006 at 02:42 PM

cyupanqui write:

"Further, and even though "race" can still play a role in making a certain person's life more difficult, you have to wonder: why for some it is easier to get "rescued" by someone who doesn't share his or her experiences?"

Good question!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 12, 2006 at 04:54 PM

I cannot apply my experience to everybody. I'm talking mostly about fairly successful "people of colour" (Middle Eastern, Black, Hispanic and Native American) in the fields of science and/or business. People with a high level of formal education, and a certain amount of prestige (coming from patents, or publications, or the fact that they own a company).

I don't pretend they are the norm for everybody else, only that there are many people like that. And having been friends with people from such groups, I've been told "in all honesty" that they did want a white partner to, for example, give better chances to their children, or because they were just more sexually attracted to them.

I don't know how much I can generalize from the experience, so all I can say is that within that group many of those with whom I've come into contact are like that. And I try to find an explanation.

Now, my own opinion is that your mom is still fairly correct. And, again, this not only applies to Black men but to most minority men from "darker" ethnic groups. As it applies to many women. But those are my opinions, based on what I have seen and talked about with the people involved.

"Do you disagree that it is easier to be good in a good situation than it is in a bad situation?"

Of course I don't. I've had a life more difficult and I've been more persecuted and abused than most people I know. And it is normal for a person who faces a hard life to grow more or less bitter and cynical.

Yet, I see people who are bitter and cynical themselves looking for someone who has had a much easier life to pick them off the floow, emotionally, and give them a breath of fresh air. Which, somehow, establishes an uneven relationship.

Further, and even though "race" can still play a role in making a certain person's life more difficult, you have to wonder: why for some it is easier to get "rescued" by someone who doesn't share his or her experiences?
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2006 at 02:36 PM

However, cyupanqui, there are a lot of blacks that agree with you. I've heard my mother say that when a black man becomes successful, the first thing he gets is a white woman.

Some people choose things in life that appeals to them, while others might choose things that makes them more appealing to others. Such people will buy a car for its name versus what really appeals to him/her. Such people will choose beauty over personality and have an unpleasant relationship that leads to a painful divorce. Since our experiences encourage our frame of mind, these are the type of people you probably have been exposed to, which includes the materialists.

Many usually follow the examples of successful people to feel and look successful.

Therefore, your conversation matches your exposure to successful people.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2006 at 01:49 PM

cyupanqui, I'm sure you don't speak for everyone. Everyone is entitled to their oppinions.

My question is, "Do you disagree that it is easier to be good in a good situation than it is in a bad situation?" That's my point.

When you are attracted to pleasant personalities, it will lead you in and out of your race. But, when most of your race is drowning in a low vibration environment, you most likely will end up shopping elsewhere.

After experiencing an attraction, the next thing that many are looking for is a pleasant personality. It doesn't take long for them to be swiped up, when they are few in numbers.

Also, racism is more than just a complaint; it's a serious matter that needs to be dealt with today.

There are a lot of gorgeous black women that I would have at any income level, if I were to go by looks. Also, there are some that I would have at any income level, if I were to go by personalities. So, I didn't really understand what you were talking about, if you were generally speaking. Generally, I think everyone has different tastes, but all desire pleasant things in life. That pleasant personality has a tendency to move according to the condition of the environment.

If you rough up a dog long enough, he'll become a mean dog. The same applies to people.

Also, I find it very hard to resist a beautiful dark skinned woman. However, there are beautiful women in all races and I'm sure many women feel the same way about men. I could be in a crowd of many beautiful women and, if I was going by looks alone, I wouldn't know which way to turn, regardless of race. But, a yearning for a pleasant personality will discriminate against the opportunities.

Bottomline: What you say is true for some; but, that's not the whole picture. To make your sample of some as the picture of the whole or most would be offensive to many. Many statistics are done according to samples of people and, if not always, we almost always find people who disagree or don't fit.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 09, 2006 at 02:40 AM

Well, I'm a Native American, but I have friends from all groups. Also, I've held both blue collar and white collar jobs. I must say this:

I think the best weapon any privileged group has over other groups is the conceptualization of beauty.

I see how many dark-skinned minority males complain about the system: it is racist and discriminates against them. In part, such complain is based on the idea that earning less money puts the more desirable white women out of their reach.

As I hear time and again the complain from educated, well-employed "women of colour" that there are not enough "men of colour" who match their own position (and to those who do, they don't give the time of day), I also hear the complain from educated, well-employed "men of colour" that they prefer white women because they are softer, gentler, more feminine.

Honestly, I think both claims are bull.

I think people of colour in general have been brainwashed into thinking that lighter-skinned people are somehow more beautiful, hence more desirable. And that is the prize you get for having a good job and being intelligent and educated: you can _aspire_ to get your very own white man or white woman.

I think that is the basis for disunion. Not so much because the "people of colour" in best positions desert their own, but because those who end up marrying within their group do so grudgingly.

The rather-poor, not-so-well educated man or woman or colour who feels s/he cannot aspire to conquer his or her very own white partner _settles_ with a man or woman from his or her own group as a defeat.

Which could explain the large numbers of broken homes.

Capitalism teaches people to love what is "externally beautiful," and it also defines beauty as an attribute of the most privileged group.

In some way, that group offers something the others want to "buy": beauty, ergo prestige. And that gives the members of such group a huge amount of power over the "buyers."
Follow - email me when people comment