Black women who only date white men... INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 21, 2006 at 06:11 PM

Just out of curiousity,why do you chose to date exclusively one color of man? Is it that you simply are more attracted to white men or is it that you've been hurt by a black man and have basically sworn them off?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 91Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 06, 2016 at 11:04 PM

Quoting princeofsoul:

Just out of curiousity,why do you chose to date exclusively one color of man? Is it that you simply are more attracted to white men or is it that you've been hurt by a black man and have basically sworn them off?

Yet you DON'T question why there are Black men who ONLY date White women?

What you need to ask is "Why do your fellow Black guys treat their women like crap?"

I'll tell you what contributed to my way of thinking:

• Growing up with colorism in my own race.

• Black boys always called me ugly because I was dark.

• The backwards compliment: "You're pretty cute..... for a dark-skinned girl."  WTF?

• Everyday I'm slapped in the face by hearing Black say how they think Black women are ugly, both online and in real life.

• Hearing/or reading about Black men demeaning Black women about everything from their "attitude", to their body shapes, and their hair.

Let me tell you something, hearing/reading that crap (not to mentioned) being bullied by my own people hurts.

Throughout my adolescence and adulthood, the only group of people that seemed to generally like me and not call me names based on my skin were Hispanics, Whites, and even Asians. So I do prefer dating them.  I've had good times with Black guys, too, but I end up being approached more by White guys & had better times.

I don't hate Black men-- I can't--- my Daddy & my brother are Black men. I just don't trust Black men outside my family. I would LOVE to date a Black man, but in my mind I feel that they would treat me like some sort of side piece, or be too embarrased to be seen in public with me.

In most cultures & history around the world, if their men mimicked Black men in how they treat their Black women--- they would be ostracized, killed, publicy humiliated, and or even deemed a coward. Do your research. Every other race put their women on a pedestal--except ours.

So maybe you should spread the word that Black women come in all shades and are beautiful no matter what.

• View author's info Posted on Feb 07, 2013 at 04:22 PM

baby you are so fine! I would love to hook up with you ' you look like some one I could fall in love with, I know it sound's lame but one never knows, now do we!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 29, 2012 at 01:06 AM

I totally Agree
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2012 at 08:13 PM

all of this is understandable and for the most part true
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:05 PM

im also attracted to whitemen, its just who I am and the treat me better
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 01, 2012 at 05:16 PM

Quoting Symple:

You know, I also, have more white men asking to date me. I think it's because I know where I'm going and where I want to be. That might be too head string for most black men these days. I can't be played...ok I was one, but he was white. It ain't like I only look for white men, that's all that approaches me. Weird huh?

Yeah, ironic. I DO look only for white men but only black ones approach me. Can we trade LIVES????
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 24, 2011 at 08:33 AM

Quoting MIDLOVE:

I think that some of the reasons why black women may prefer black guys is because black dudes are more into aggressives behaviors and styles of presenting themselves. Many don't seem to care about whether they are accepted in a productive society. How can you progress in life like that? Many will dress the part of a violent person and then claim otherwise. You will be how others see you, until you constantly prove otherwise.

I"m sorry, someone who is aggressive is a turn OFF not a turn ON. Who the hell wants to be with someone nasty and violent who may turn that on HER too at any time without warning?! How is setting yourself up with a man who is GOING to beat you up in the future, why women would go out with someone on purpose? It seems to me that any one with half a brain would try as hard as they could to get as far away from that race which is GOING to beat them up, as possible! Unless she had a death wish.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 01:10 PM

You are right....it is about pleasing yourself ....not what others think!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2011 at 06:57 PM

I think that some of the reasons why black women may prefer black guys is because black dudes are more into aggressives behaviors and styles of presenting themselves. Many don't seem to care about whether they are accepted in a productive society. How can you progress in life like that? Many will dress the part of a violent person and then claim otherwise. You will be how others see you, until you constantly prove otherwise.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Quoting EbonyDelight:

Oh, another important tidbit that I forgot to add was that SpicySweet also mentioned that fact that SOME BM have difficulty in handling the situation when the BW's education or income exceeds his own. I experienced that first hand during the latter years of my marriage as the BM that I was married to became extremely jealous and insecure as my income doubled, then tripled his. So my point is this is... it's very sad, but true... at least in my case, it was. Please don't bite my head off brothas, I am just expressing what I experienced in my particular situation and have heard again and again from other BWs who dare to cross the color line.

SOME?!?!? ALL the black men I know get physically violent eventually when and if they can snag a woman with a higher educational level than theirs. When my brother and ex - sister-in-law married, I told her then (she's the one with, at the time, the Bachelor's degree and he's the one who barely graduated high school and to this day is not only a wife-beater but a sister-beater too; but then he was always that way towards me) that she was marrying beneath her and it wouldn't last. To this day she's the only one I speak to in my family because as I had to tell other people, she and I both have teaching credentials and no one else in the family has even that much.
    Oh it gets even worse if the black man is less educated than the black woman and she somehow for some reason only God knows, stays with him, and she becomes unemployable for whatever reason and he manages to hold onto his "no college required" job over the years. Jealousy and resentment escalate on both sides and you have a common situation among minority couples: domestic violence.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2011 at 04:00 PM

I am attracted to many different races of men.  I don't believe most black men I've met get me and or want to actually get to know me.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 10, 2011 at 04:24 PM

Well said
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 26, 2011 at 07:09 PM

I am looking for a change of pace meaning men, there are a lot of great white men who love black women, I have always been attracted to white men I have just been afraid to approach one that caught my interest in fear of the feelings not being reciprocated. I have a friend who is not black and he is hot but we have been friends for so long the only reason why I have not approached him that way is because my friendship with him means a lot to me and I would not want to ruin it. But Im looking I just have not found my white prince yet.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I say, don't get in the habit of explaining who you are attracted to. Those who love you unconditionally will primarily care that the person is good to you. Those who oppose, and ultimately don't matter, won't be satisfied no matter what reason you give. So, don't give any would be my suggestion.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 02, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Just out of curiosity,why do you chose to date exclusively one color of man? Is it that you simply are more attracted to white men or is it that you've been hurt by a black man and have basically sworn them off?

I am simply more attracted to WM. I always have been. I have never desired nor do I want to date/marry BM and its not because of color its about the way BM act and behave.
    Re:

Just a question, wouldn't you feel offended if someone were to say the same thing about you? That they don't want to date/marry BW because of the way "they act and behave"? Generalizations/stereotypes are not only heartbreaking but very offensive.

No, I would not be offended because I really don't care. I have a right to my opinion and I do not like the way many BM act or behave. I said it and I mean't it.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 02, 2011 at 08:18 AM

What about people who only date the same religion as they are - for me religion and upbringing plays more into it than skin color. I seldom meet people my skin shade who are anywhere near the same religion as I am. Anglo-Catholic. What about that as a preference - skin color has little to do with it for me. I also don't know any math teachers who are dating or married to other math teachers.

BTW I also find that my fellow Catholics tend not to be into the maths and sciences so there's another thing that keeps me from finding a mate.

Ideally people date or marry someone they have at least something in common with so that they're not fighting all the way to divorce court over every little thing.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 12, 2010 at 07:18 AM

You are attracted to who you are attracted to. There is no reason to try to change that or feel a need to explain it to anyone.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 16, 2010 at 09:15 PM

Well, I have dated all types but my favorite has been WM because they seem to love my personality and naturality. I am not picky about who I date.I have encountered that WM don't look down at me because I am different and I don't look like what the corporate world/society considers "ideal". I am who I am; love me for me. But in TN it seems all men( any race)are scarce, lazy or scared...Time to branch to other areas of the states/globe...lol
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 07:23 PM

Well said!

>

I think people who "only do" anything are short sighted and live a restricted existence and really have other issues. They should just tell the truth about who they really are instead of making excuses for what they do. I date nice men. Color is and irrelevant. If you need an excuse to date white men you're not self assured and you worry about what other people think. To hell with what people think. Do you. Remember ladies. There's nothing less attractive than an insecure woman and a cheap man!!!

Follow - email me when people comment