Aussie gal, looking for friends in QLD Friendship Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 05, 2006 at 04:56 AM

G'day,
    Hoping to catch up with some decent people in Brisbane,especially enjoy the company of Vietnamese, made some great friends through work, and have learnt to appreciate all cultures. The topic i have 4 discussion is this, Is it wise to start a relationship from work? i am attracted to a collegue, but would prefer mr right, not mr right now... Is it possible to find Mr right, right in front of me???
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2006 at 02:03 AM

Nooooooooooo...romance at work on itself, is not a good thing honey.
    You like uncomplicated life, so you may want to steer clear from this. It can be complicated because of expectations, and sometimes when they are not met, dissapointment follows. And you know how this can affect a person in the workenvironment. It's a matter of decision.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 10, 2006 at 06:16 AM

In addition to what Phea spoke of, some companies frown apon, or may flat out forbid (strongly discourage)romantic relationships between coworkers.

The fear of violence, sexual harassment litigation, and worker production are ever present in the back of the employer's mind. And for good reason I might add.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 06, 2006 at 01:55 AM

olive09 write:
    G'day,
    Hoping to catch up with some decent people in Brisbane,especially enjoy the company of Vietnamese, made some great friends through work, and have learnt to appreciate all cultures. The topic i have 4 discussion is this, Is it wise to start a relationship from work? i am attracted to a collegue, but would prefer mr right, not mr right now... Is it possible to find Mr right, right in front of me???

Well, olive09, lots of romantic relationships have been started between co-workers. Some of them work and many of them don't. I find that one of the dangers in getting involved with someone from your job/career is, if the relationship breaks down, having to see and interact with the other person can be quite awkward. There is always the possible bad blood between colleagues that can result in one person feeling jilted or rejected in favor of someone else.
    One word of advice(actually, two words): Be cautious and discreet, especially in the early stages.
Follow - email me when people comment