Why'd U Go White (or Black)??? Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Oct 02, 2005 at 07:33 AM

Silver1944 write:
    Ldydrgn writes:
    Hahaha Witch...I laugh with you honey, not at you. You spoke YOUR truth, and I take my hat off to ya! It's funny how things come about, that makes us do some of the things we do :-) I am happy for you, that someone has made you feel good about yourself, besides yourself :-) As for me and black/white or any other color for that matter. I not only drool over the skin color of another, but also their physical looks, such as cowboys, scottish, arabian...etc...lol. I have actually only been with black men, and two to boot. I guess I am one that tends to linger in long relationships even if they don't work out...although I have gotten better...I did go from 14 years to just 3...lol. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is attracted to all races, but as the age old saying goes...we bleed the same, and there is bad and good in every race...still don't know why we are still trippin over race...hehe. ooooh I learned how to use the emoticons...lol

Ldydgrn, loved the last part of your post, hon. The "we bleed the same" part. Wise words indeed. Do you think that one of these days this will cease to be an inssue? Perhaps not before I head off to the happy hunting ground, but hopefully sometime down the road a piece.

Glad to see you've learned how the emotions work. Sometimes they can be tricky little devils. I think the PTB makes them that way just to make use crazier than we already are. LOL

Hey Silver *waving* :-)
    Being that I am a dreamer, I say there will come a day that we humans get our crap together and stop hurting each other. Will it happen before I meet my maker...*sighs* probably not :-( I will just never stop believing.

Thanks for the FYI on the emoticons...hehe, I know I'm left field like a cracked noogie...don't need any extra help...lol! Hope you had a great day hun! :-)
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 04:31 PM

witch610 write:
    Usually I don't respond to that question with the truth, but I will, and don't really care if you all think I look stupid or not. I went through a "white" school, the same school district never was asked out on a date, or to go with anyone. I admit I was a bit heavy, still am. I was working in the mall one day (I was 18), went out on break and a black man whistled at me. That's all it took, after that I have never dated a white man. I needed to feel attractive, and I find many not all black men, care if you have some meat on your bones.

Hahaha Witch...I laugh with you honey, not at you. You spoke YOUR truth, and I take my hat off to ya! It's funny how things come about, that makes us do some of the things we do :-) I am happy for you, that someone has made you feel good about yourself, besides yourself :-) As for me and black/white or any other color for that matter. I not only drool over the skin color of another, but also their physical looks, such as cowboys, scottish, arabian...etc...lol. I have actually only been with black men, and two to boot. I guess I am one that tends to linger in long relationships even if they don't work out...although I have gotten better...I did go from 14 years to just 3...lol. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is attracted to all races, but as the age old saying goes...we bleed the same, and there is bad and good in every race...still don't know why we are still trippin over race...hehe. ooooh I learned how to use the emoticons...lol
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 10:18 AM

Attn: Keepsmilin
    I am here. Contact me
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 09:10 PM

Back in the 60's it was unheard of to mix black and white together. And those who did had problems. And in some ways things still remain the same. As for myself I was with a white man for 20 years who treated me like dirt. And was involved with a black man for 3 years who treated me like a princess. Need I say more.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 29, 2005 at 10:03 PM

Hi,I just think that black women are much more erotic and sexy than any other race,and thats that.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 25, 2005 at 04:43 PM

cpl4bifeminfla write:
    the round lucious booties and the strength a black woman exhibits

why do I get the feeling it's mostly just the "round lucious booties"...?

the smart money says that the "guy" in this relationship wrote that part, just a guess, but it just doesn't strike me as having much of a womanly touch...
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 13, 2005 at 02:56 AM

I have a prefernce... Petite, Slim women... and Fair skin... Now this is not to say that I would not or have not deviated. I ultimately Date or will not date a woman based on personality. I can get along with just about anyone from anywhere.

I tend to lean more towards Asian women because there is an abundance of Attractive, fair Skinned, Petite Slim Asian women. Now I would not totally not consider a woman based soley on her ethnicity... You'd miss out on soooo Many wonderful people that way....
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 03:43 PM

Well, to be honest, I find nothing sexier than a white man! They just "do it" for me. What can I say --- it's what I prefer.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 05:13 AM

Khanada write:
    I have always been attracted to white men since I was about 11 or 12, I don't know why. I loved Duran Duran

Duran Duran, I loved "Hungry Like the Wolf" and back in the 80s I caught him singing that Saturday Night Live and fell completely in love with him!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 05:06 AM

VanillaBlue write:
    I am thick. I ran track all through high school and rode horses, so I have big legs. I could easily be a bodybuilder, but don't want to get bigger!

In order to be thinner, I have to literally starve. I was very thin at one time, when I got divorced from a Ken Doll. (lots of reasons) Anyway, I noticed lots of white guys were after me when I was wearing a size 00 from depression and starvation.

Finally one night I was sitting in a country bar, looking at the guys and just said to myself to heck with them. And went to a hip hop bar. Never had a complaint about my weight since, and I don't have to starve myself.

And not sure i'll date white guys seriously again. I can just hear even the most ugly ones telling me I've gained a little weight!

I feel sexier at my current weight. Heck, I have curves!

TeeHee

Once again, I think some stereotyping is running a foul here. So you are saying that white men want only thin women but black men will accept any size of woman?

I know of both black and white men who love big beautiful women, just as there ar both black, yes black men and white men who only prefer thin women.

I am full figured also but I have no problem with attracting my prefer which are slender white men.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 04:55 AM

witch610 write:
    Usually I don't respond to that question with the truth, but I will, and don't really care if you all think I look stupid or not. I went through a "white" school, the same school district never was asked out on a date, or to go with anyone. I admit I was a bit heavy, still am. I was working in the mall one day (I was 18), went out on break and a black man whistled at me. That's all it took, after that I have never dated a white man. I needed to feel attractive, and I find many not all black men, care if you have some meat on your bones.

You certainly have a right to your reason for dating interracially but I am sorry to hear that reasons for dating black men are because white men didn't find you suitable because of your weight.

I find the weight issue that you spoke of sort of surprising because I a black plus-size woman who hasn't had any problem attracting and dating white men.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 04:45 AM

MeLLoDraMa write:
    We are all here at IRM because we have some attraction to another race whatever it may be.. I'm curious to know what made you step outside your race from the jump and what made it stick??

Not to stereotype because each person is an individual, but there are certain similarities that make up each race.

I have found that my personality have always been more compatible with white men than with black men, for some reason.

There is also the physical attraction thing. I am just more attracted to the facial features, eye color, texture of hair and skin color of non-black men.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2005 at 02:50 PM

bigsamxl2000 write:
    hey what happened to going asian,latina,indian,etc
    anyhow, i dont care bout color. id go for any woman with a good heart. this topis is kinda irrelevant

I'm with you Bigsam. I have always stated that I, simply LOVE women! LOL! I have had women of all racial persuasions turn my head (more than once).
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2005 at 09:47 PM

I don't buy into all the media driven images of women of other races. I think all women are basicly the same and that they all seek basicly the same things out of life. So as far as I am concerned nothing has caused me to be attracted to women of different races. I have qualities that I look for in a woman first then I look at all women in hopes of finding those qualities.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2005 at 09:29 PM

HI bcaltd
    Yes December, January and February are our summer months down here..
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2005 at 05:20 PM

Up until a few years ago, I had only dated white men because that is all that had ever asked me out. A few years ago, a black man asked me out and we had a wonderful relationship and I found the contrast intoxicating. We are no longer together :-( and I can't say I date any one race exclusively; however, I have found that I am more attracted to black men. In my own personal experience, they have been much more sexually compatible with me and much more confident than other races. I would love to find the right one to spend he rest of my life with....
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2005 at 05:01 PM

Deanna,

So I'm told...:) I have a few friends down under and I was seriously thinking of heading that way for the holidays...

You will have some nice weather in December, right?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2005 at 06:40 PM

I wouldn't limit my dating to "only" any race. But I do have to say that I am attracted to men with dark skin. I think that is where my interracial attraction lies. It's really a physical thing at most. And as another person pointed out to me, if you base it on more than that you can become stereotypical, and that's the wrong reason to do it.
    It would be just like a man who only dates blonde women, or a woman who likes tall men. It's just another preference to add to your list.

I can say I date black men for many different reasons. What it really boils down to is I just find them attractive physically and maybe a slight bit of excitement for dating outside my race adds into that equation. Other than that, there is no stereotype for me. I don't do it because I "dislike" my own race, nothing bad has happened to me to make me change dating "races". It's just a physical preference.
    He's still a man, and I still have to like "him" once I get past my attraction to him.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2005 at 10:42 AM

by the way any one in florida interested please read our profile and contact us soon deaconblue12(at)m s n is our email
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2005 at 10:33 AM

the round lucious booties and the strength a black woman exhibits
Follow - email me when people comment