Why'd U Go White (or Black)??? Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Nov 25, 2005 at 04:55 PM

I appreciate your thoughts just to be honest I have also found that white men shy away from my size. I am far from HUGE and well to be frank am not something you need a bag to take me out to the movies.... I believe to be from my experience White men have the what I call it the Barbie syndrome. Well I want to be Sexy and curvy barbie since that is what most women are actually shaped like. white females along with beautiful african American Women do and happen to share simular shapes. African American men along with other races look at women with respect, and see past size. I have found many men any color or races can see past size when it comes to love and true desire. Don't let ignorance rule your life love all and be happy... everyone is entitled to their own tastes.. also....Pamela...

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 24, 2005 at 11:46 AM

I was lucky, adopted by white parents (of English and Italian descent), and lived in a well-to-do area in La Paz since I was five. I was born in the Ururu region (what the Spanish call Oruro), and it's likely my real parents were killed in the 1970 Native insurrection in that area.

The orphans were adopted all over the country, usually by rich families to grow as house servants (mostly the girls, who would live in "family houses" cooking and cleaning for a bit of food and a place to sleep until they were old enough to get out of there, although the custom of the richer white families was to have their sons se'xually initiated with the pubescent Native girl servants, a custom still current today) or to work in the properties of such families (the boys, who were stronger and good to pick up vegetables and work the land since they were quite young).

I myself was treated almost like a son of the family, a mixed blessing: even though my adoptive parents seemed to care about me, most of the people around me was quite annoyed by the fact that I was supposed to be considered a family member. Our status down there up to the late 70s was that of beasts of burden, not human. As you can imagine, most of the family was not exactly thrilled to have a beast of burden as a member of the family.

It was considered an eccentricity of my father, who died when I was 10 (and whom I rarely saw, since he was always traveling around the country).

I was home-schooled for the most part. Sending me to a school full of white kids would have been an invitation to get me murdered. I only attended to take the exams, and those were very scary occasions.

My adoptive mother died when I was 15, and from that point on I've lived on my own. The rest of the family never bothered to contact me, except to notify me (with the first court papers I had to see in my life) that I had to abandon my parents' house because it was theirs after my mom's death.

I've traveled quite a lot after that. And here I am now, twenty years later and still on my own. But not doing too badly, except for the continuous harrassment from governments, in particular the USA government, who has forced the Canadians to mark me as a 'threat' to the their national security (which means I cannot become a Canadian citizen and I cannot get a Canadian passport, which also means with my Bolivian passport I cannot get out of this continent and I can neither visit the USA nor cross its air space, which means for now I'm trapped in Canada).
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 22, 2005 at 12:14 PM

I GREW UP IN A PLACE WHERE ITALIANS AND GREEKS LIVED. I WAS PROBABLY ONE IN FIVE PEOPLE IN THAT SCHOOL AT TIME...HOWEVER IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME DATE AND BE LOVED BY ANOTHER PERSON OF A DIFFERENT BACKROUND. EVENTHOUGH, I DID MARRY A IRISH-GERMAN MAN IT DID NOT WORK.....SIMPLY CAUSE HE WAS NOT THE ONE FOR ME... THAT DOES CHANGE THE FACT THAT I ACTUALLY HAVE AN ATTRACTION FOR ASIAN MEN...THE SUBTLE, QUITENESS TURNS ME ON ..
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 22, 2005 at 09:18 AM

keihan write:

You know...quite frankly I don't get it either. (scratches head)

Perhaps I can shed a little light on this situation. Over the years, I have observed a phenomenon among many Black folks. It's called self hatred. That's right, SELF HATRED. It is difficult to love or even respect someone of the same race unless there is a sufficient amount of self respect, or even self love.
    With all of the infighting among Black men and women(I hate the term African American), somewhere in the mix lies some truisms. This is quite a conundrum. There is a lot of bitterness, where there should be some modicum of respect. But to understand the nature of this bitterness, one must look at the overall history of past and present relationships between Black men and women. The relationships have been historically tenuous at best.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 22, 2005 at 06:26 AM

MrRSVP write:
    I wish I knew Princess, I wish I knew.

You know...quite frankly I don't get it either. (scratches head)
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 21, 2005 at 07:15 AM

caramel_princess write:

Good point, RSVP. I've noticed that you won't see Latinos, or Asians or even Whites tearing eachother down in these forums the way Blacks do. Why is that?

I wish I knew Princess, I wish I knew.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2005 at 12:45 PM

caramel_princess write:

Good point, RSVP. I've noticed that you won't see Latinos, or Asians or even Whites tearing eachother down in these forums the way Blacks do. Why is that?

Yeah, that's what I want to know.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2005 at 11:13 AM

MrRSVP write:
    Its sad though, Black men say that all Black women are concerned about is money and material possessions. Black women say that Black men are lazy and are constantly blaming society for their problems.

With all the in-fighting among African American men and women, will we ever reach our true potential as a "race" of people?

Sometimes I wonder.

• View author's info Posted on Nov 17, 2005 at 03:00 PM

I would have to say because I was a ho. Then I just got used to it.:)
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 17, 2005 at 01:41 PM

True, a hard life often makes for a harsh personality, but it doesn't have to be that way.

One can even grow protective of people living a much easier life. I'm sure some Black women become like that.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 17, 2005 at 05:41 AM

MrRSVP Alabama and Georgia aren't the only states with peaches. Sometime give the Ohio peach a try. We might grow them just the way you like them.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2005 at 04:18 PM

I feel that a lot of black women have lived a hard life, which is most likely the reason for their harsh personalities. Harsh personalities are a result of unhealthy environments.

So, I am actually looking for someone who doesn't have a harsh personality, which is most likely someone out of the black race.

Although there are some pleasant black personalities, other cultural and religious issues come into play as well. I am sure there is a black woman for me; but, only God knows where.

However, there is no perfect race.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2005 at 04:10 PM

PDXmuse write:
    I love your post Keihan and the idea that one can "record over" the old stuff.

There's a talk show host I listen to who says...."don't want to hear it, don't want that on my harddrive."

I've always told myself that I have a committee that lives in my head and I get to chose who's on that committee!

Here I thought I was the only one with a committee, lol. Now, I don't feel freaky.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2005 at 10:42 AM

peaches79 write:
    I have heard from more then one blk man that the first thing a blk woman wants to know is what kind of car they drive and how much money they make. I have also been told that there are certain things s*exually that blk women won't do. Please don't shoot me I am just repeating what I have been told. The first blk man I got involved with said he loved being with white women because they excepted him the way he was and did not try to change him. I am sure that there are many wonderful blk women out there and this is just the opinion of several blk men I have known.

I have experienced much of what you are commenting on (I won't go into detail). However, I tend not to let a few bad experiences influence my opinion of all black women.

Its sad though, Black men say that all Black women are concerned about is money and material possessions. Black women say that Black men are lazy and are constantly blaming society for their problems.

With all the in-fighting among African American men and women, will we ever reach our true potential as a "race" of people?

Sometimes I wonder.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2005 at 10:24 AM

AlabamaPeach write:
    Although I have never dated outside of my culture, I think it is so romantic to find one's soulmate no matter the nationality....I believe it is a cultural enlightenment to be tolerant and respectful of each others culture...many things can be learned and embraced.. if approached in the appropriate manner...

While Alabama is our neighboring state to the west, I always thought that Geogia had the lock on "Peaches".

I see now that I was wrong...
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2005 at 10:19 AM

I would have to say because I was a ho. Then I just got used to it.:)
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 15, 2005 at 06:11 PM

Well, since we're getting into stereotypes, I might as well join in with the fun.

I'm a black woman who prefers white men. I just simply find them more attractive and appealing. Sadly, though my experience growing up and viewing the behavior of black men hasn't been as positive as I would've liked. With the exception of my grandfather, the black men that I've come across have had chips on their shoulders, were insecure, non-monogamous, had too many children with various women, and wallowed in their victimhood. I'm sure there are black men out there who don't have these qualities...it's just the experience I've had in my life.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2005 at 10:41 PM

Diana007 write:
    At least you are honest. Most guys aren't honest about their reasons.

:)
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2005 at 11:31 AM

I have heard from more then one blk man that the first thing a blk woman wants to know is what kind of car they drive and how much money they make. I have also been told that there are certain things s*exually that blk women won't do. Please don't shoot me I am just repeating what I have been told. The first blk man I got involved with said he loved being with white women because they excepted him the way he was and did not try to change him. I am sure that there are many wonderful blk women out there and this is just the opinion of several blk men I have known.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 13, 2005 at 12:16 PM

I STARTED DATING WHITE WOMEN IN HIGH SCHOOL,I FOUND BLACK WOMEN IN MY LIFE,UNCAREING AND INSENCETIVE.TO FEELINGS,AND SOME CASE VERY VERBALY ABUSIVE AND MONEY ORIENTED ,WHERE WHITE WOMAN ARE VERY GOOD LISTENERS,AND INTENTIVE AND AFFECTIONATE,THEYRE VERY GOOD LOVERS AND GREAT KISSERS,IM SURE THERE ARE BLACK WOMAN OUT THERE THAT ARE,BUT NOTTA ONE NEVER CAME MY WAY,LOTS OF BLACK WOMEN FROWN AND GIVE DIRTY LOOKS,BUT IVE BEEN IN HEAVEN WOMEN I DATE OUT SIDE MY RACE,I GET ALONG MUCH BETTER,AND SO WELL RESPECT,

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment