Why'd U Go White (or Black)??? Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Apr 25, 2005 at 08:36 AM

hey guy-- i feel the same way. when i dream its about a black man, so i'm looking to spoil a good black man. take care...coolcarolyn
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2005 at 11:14 PM

I am thick. I ran track all through high school and rode horses, so I have big legs. I could easily be a bodybuilder, but don't want to get bigger!

In order to be thinner, I have to literally starve. I was very thin at one time, when I got divorced from a Ken Doll. (lots of reasons) Anyway, I noticed lots of white guys were after me when I was wearing a size 00 from depression and starvation.

Finally one night I was sitting in a country bar, looking at the guys and just said to myself to heck with them. And went to a hip hop bar. Never had a complaint about my weight since, and I don't have to starve myself.

And not sure i'll date white guys seriously again. I can just hear even the most ugly ones telling me I've gained a little weight!

I feel sexier at my current weight. Heck, I have curves!

TeeHee
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2005 at 09:29 PM

White/Black? How about the other races? ;)
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2005 at 09:26 AM

I grew up a military brat, traveled abroad a couple of times. I was exposed early to many cultures and ethnicities. I think I just gravitated towards black men because I felt more mental and emotional response from them. And opposites attract. In high school most of my friends were black. I wasn't allowed to date, but I think my relationships in high school set the groundwork for future relationships.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 21, 2005 at 12:37 PM

find1 write:
    bm6ft,

I feel ya on that, I grew up in an all white town with the black exceptions being my sisters and cousins and very few asians that wouldn't have anything to do with a brother. Are we somewhat brainwashed?

Not sure I would call it brainwashing, but I'd have to say my environment played a huge role in it.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 21, 2005 at 12:34 PM

bm6ft,

I feel ya on that, I grew up in an all white town with the black exceptions being my sisters and cousins and very few asians that wouldn't have anything to do with a brother. Are we somewhat brainwashed?
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 19, 2005 at 10:25 PM

I have dated within my race married within my race and also outside of my race on both occassions. Yes I can honestly say it is intoxicating, erotic and stimulating. Since I have dated a wide and diverse spectrum of women i can freely and honestly admit that African American women are far more beautiful than any other race. Yes i am a bit bias on this and pardon me but these are my thoughts right? I find I am attracted to African American women their honesty, their patience, attitude towards life, determination, and independance. These are truely attractive aspects i look for I a woman. I am not saying the caucasion or other races dont have these aspects or attributes I just see them in African American women more prevelately than other races.
    Love knows no color so that leaves the aspect of what the involved parties see when they view each other. What you want in a significant other? Interracial relationships are hard and have their own stumbling blocks that our society throws at us and if two people are willing to forgo what others might say, whisper or proclaim then I say go for it.
    As for me I am waiting fro that one Ebony woman to walk up to me and smile. One day she will and I then can take on the world and conquer it with her by my side.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 19, 2005 at 02:47 AM

I don't hate black women and find them quite attractive. I don't think white women are any better than black women. I think there are good and bad women regardless of race. I just like and am used to the contrast of interracial dating. Given my life it is not hard to figure out why.

When I was a kid all of the steamy naked pictures I got to see were of white women. The high school I went to only had one black woman in the entire graduating senior class, four blacks in total. My first kiss was with a white woman. The first naked body I got to touch was a white woman. The first woman I made love to was a white woman. When I dream and there is nookie involved the woman is usually white unless I'm dreaming about someone specific who doesn't happen to be white.

So sure I could make a conscious decision to change, but why should I?
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 15, 2005 at 03:48 PM

I grew up in a mixed race neighborhood so ladies outside my race liked me more than my own race and since I have mostly friends outside my race it does make a difference.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 15, 2005 at 02:31 PM

Well! I started going to a predominatly black church and realized i was more attracted to black women than i was white women. Although i'll date women of any race! i
    prefer black women! and besides God made us all in his image black or white! so it doesnt matter what race you prefer!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2005 at 10:35 PM

i could see why white are attracted to you. you are a very lovely individual and extremely attractive.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2005 at 07:32 PM

I started dating a white guy quite by accident. He was my best friend's brother. He used to hang out with us. Then came the night when I met his best friend for a blind date, he was black and fine, but liked my best friend and ignored me the whole night. So I danced the night away with her brother. After that we became inseperable. To this day I have to say he was the best boyfriend I ever had. So I guess I might be hoping to find a friend and lover like I once had. It's so different...intoxicating.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 13, 2005 at 09:47 PM

I am sure if I could take a survey most people would agree with us
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 13, 2005 at 09:01 PM

Met a nice guy...he happened to be white... -shrugs-

I dont think I 'jumped ship'.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 13, 2005 at 06:08 PM

I must admit I love all the women of the world..but for some reason have always seen black women as being very attractive.. I have only been with two women in the last 30 years one was polynesian the other black.. both were wonderful in their own right but definately different..being mixed myself , maybe i identify with black culture somewhat..being a half breed in az in probably equivelant to being mixed in mississippi..i have seen racial predjudice and experienced it and it is ugly wherever it originates--i am old enough to remember white only and colored only facilities ...school integration, KKK rallys and the like.. on the other hand have been around the world and experienced many cultures and can appreciate them all ..we are all Gods children..but I dont think i went black or ? i just happened to fall in love with the person..the "color" thing never made sense to me one way or the other, but i can appreciate a black woman,(or any other woman for that fact) for having a certain type of beauty..so would i limit myself to a particular race..no..because im interested more on what she is inside than outside.. just my opinion
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 13, 2005 at 04:48 PM

To be quite honest, its a case-by-case basis with me. I find that whoever is nice to me and is willing to get to know me is worth my time, and that person could be from any background.

Someone like me has it tough for different reasons. I am into alot of underground heavy metal music (any IRON MAIDEN fans here?), I have a weird sense of humor, love ice hockey, still love cartoons, enjoy movies based on comic book heros, and I love video games. Also I am not what alot of women would consider handsome.

I pretty much hate most pop culture, and all these interests of mine tend to turn off alot of white women. Not all, but many.

SO... to be quite honest.... if anyones into me and we hit it off I dont care what your ethnicity is.

Although I find a wide variety of women attractive:

I think Asian women are just so cute and sweet, I think they are irresistable.

I think Latino women are beautiful.

I have a certain thing for black women who wear glasses. I dont know why, its just a me-thing.

I think women from India and the Middle East are very alluring.

And I even dig alot of white women!

SOOooo... I know alot of guys feel the same way I do. They tell me. They just dont act on it as often I suppose.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 13, 2005 at 02:04 AM

For me... The contrasts in interracial relationships appeals to me.. The differences in appearance and culture are really attractive to me.. For this reason, when I do date interracially, I don't prefer women who are overly assimilated into black culture (politically correct.. NICE!!!).. Some people clown cultural differences such a dress, music, speech, etc... These things turn me on..

MeLL O. DraMa
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2005 at 08:15 PM

The reasons for me:
    my parents divorced when I was 7. Long enough for my father to imprint certain core values but...

After the divorce my mom dated black men, then married my black step father. My own father absented himself from his daughters lives to a large degree. It was my stepfather who was there for me, even at times to the point my own mother wasn't.
    Early on in life I chose not to go the interracial route, not out of prejudice, but much for the same reasons I said I would not date someone from Norway. Because of cultural differences that I KNEW at the time I was not mature enough to handle. I had SEEN what my parents dealt with in Small-Town-Nineteen-Seventies. H3ll, I enjoyed the pleasure of dealing with the ugly behavior of small-minded people myself, for a decision that was not mine.
    At a time in my life when I did feel mature enough to deal with the challenges of an intercultural relationship, I became involved with a black man. It was then that I realized WHY white guys never really did it for me.
    It was because none fit my imprinted concept of what it means to be a husband and father. Because of the blessing of my stepfather's truely wonderful influence in my life black men do.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2005 at 08:01 PM

Witch, I don't think you're reasons are stupid. The need to be needed, wanted, and appreciated is so basic in all of us. Its one of the driving factors for people living in societies. We are not meant to be solitary creatures.
    At times when this is lacking in our lives, and believe me there isn't a person walking the face of this earth who hasn't experienced this lack however brief or long the duration, if its suddenly fulfilled it can be enough for a person to gladly cast aside the norms with which they have been raised, ie. an all white world, etc.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2005 at 07:19 PM

Usually I don't respond to that question with the truth, but I will, and don't really care if you all think I look stupid or not. I went through a "white" school, the same school district never was asked out on a date, or to go with anyone. I admit I was a bit heavy, still am. I was working in the mall one day (I was 18), went out on break and a black man whistled at me. That's all it took, after that I have never dated a white man. I needed to feel attractive, and I find many not all black men, care if you have some meat on your bones.
Follow - email me when people comment