Why'd U Go White (or Black)??? Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on May 12, 2005 at 01:32 AM

I wouldn't say I "went black", I have always been racially diverse in all aspects of my life...

I am half vietnamese and half puerto rican with adoptive white parents, I grew up in a neighborhood that was probably 95% white, and my best friend growing up as a pre-teen was my next door neighbor, who just happened to be black...

since then all of my best friends have been black, he had a greater influence on me than he will ever know...

as for dating, I have always been shy and found that when I joined the navy and was stationed in Va, I had many more black women approach me than any other race, so I dated mostly black women during my time here (going with my friends to exclusively black clubs in the area probably was a huge factor as well)...

when I got out of the navy, I decided to stay because I liked the "attention" that I got here which I never got back home...

I wouldn't say that I "went black", as much as I would say that my dating habits have been dictated by my environment, I would give any woman that was attractive to me (and not just physically) a chance regardless of race...
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 11:45 AM

Gazingfantasy write:
    The attitude of Black women is just too negative. Everything has to be perfect. I could never relax. White women are much less demanding. White women also do a better job watching their weight and taking care of their feet.

Free pedicures......and I'll watch your weight for you too..!!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 01:02 PM

msdsm glad you understand..and your right I didn't want to go into detail because people do get offended. Even though I'm not talking about all blk men,people take it the wrong way and give me the speech about how not all men are the same. Which I already know. Thats why on my post I made sure to add that in.
    I didn't take offense to what Gazingfantasy had to say because he did answer the question just like everyone else and as we all read he didn't hold back on his honesty. Of course he should have added in that he was referring to just the women he came across but he didn't. I just found it cool that he was honest.
    Jamwillie if your comment was towards me no I don't think I did the same thing as Gazing.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 07:38 AM

erm.........but aren't you doing the same thing that Gazingfantasy, did a while back?
  • View author's info Posted on May 09, 2005 at 07:07 PM

stankonia562 write:
    I have always been attracted to white men since I can remember. I've never kissed or anything physical other than hug with a blk man. To be honest I have no attraction to them at all,especially the one's my age who live near me. For some reason there is a new trend and acting ignorant seems to be cool with them. And yes I know not everyone is the same. I have other reasons why I don't date black men but I won't go there because to help out some of you who like to write essays when posting a message..LOL
    Basically I only date white men because they are my personal preference.

I definitely can see your rationale. It transcends zip codes...that is for sure!

A lot of women who choose to date caucasian men do not boldly speak of their dating history in the effort to not offend black men.

I don't have a lifetime to train someone elses son.

I prefer to not be called "bossy" or "wanting everything to be perfect" or "with attitude".

All of these references are "put downs" to our strength, passion, and ambition.

So less the "put downs" and graduate beyond being some man's "ma", I simply date one who is mature and confident enough to handle my diversity.

So Stankonia, when you reference "ignorance...for cool" I hear you loud and clear.
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 07:18 AM

Tarcia,

I can do nothing but laugh when reading this. I must say when one is surrounded by a certain element, one can tend to look upon that as a statistical syllogism.

It depends on your scope of venue and the diversity of your experiences.

But I am grateful to education, common sense, and sheer intellect for teaching me different!
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 02:33 PM

Gazingfantasy write:
    The attitude of Black women is just too negative. Everything has to be perfect. I could never relax. White women are much less demanding. White women also do a better job watching their weight and taking care of their feet.

Comments like this make me sick.
    You are putting all black women in this category. You said "black women" in general, not just those YOU have encountered.

And for the record, I get regular pedicures every two weeks. My feet are cute! And as for the weight comment, most black women tend to be thick and I don't mean overweight. But again, it'a all about preference. You like what you like, but I don't think you have to put down a whole group of people.
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 11:02 AM

I have always been attracted to white men since I can remember. I've never kissed or anything physical other than hug with a blk man. To be honest I have no attraction to them at all,especially the one's my age who live near me. For some reason there is a new trend and acting ignorant seems to be cool with them. And yes I know not everyone is the same. I have other reasons why I don't date black men but I won't go there because to help out some of you who like to write essays when posting a message..LOL
    Basically I only date white men because they are my personal preference.
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 10:54 AM

Gazingfantasy write:

LOL...at least he is honest about how he feels which is hella cool.
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 07:41 AM

I can be in a room full of white men.....and a black man can walk by and turn my head every time.

ditto for me to. I just read a profile of someone who checked out my profile. He was fine! Da*n fine. He didnt write anything in his profile except he listed two pics and that he was a Scorpio.

Ordinarily I wouldnt have responded based on looks alone. But sometimes I will come across someone who just captures my attention.

We dont have a match but a girl can dream cant she?

phew...
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 09:46 PM

I can be in a room full of white men.....and a black man can walk by and turn my head every time.

Wow! This statement really caught my attention because it actually happened to me when I had gone to a club to meet a man who wasn't black. I had told this man that I was only interested in a friendship because at this point in my life I was only interested in dating black men as they were the men I was attracted to. We both laughed about it later but while we were chatting a black man passed in front of us and I hadn't even realized that my eyes had locked onto and followed him until the other gentleman brought it up. I married within my race and have 3 beautiful children from that marriage of 23.5 years but when I had the privilege of spending time with my daughter's friends in college...and most were black friends...I discovered I much preferred being around them than her white friends. They were cracking jokes all the time and had me laughing so hard that it would hurt. Then, I began to realize how beautiful the contrast between the two races was as well and from that time to the present I enjoy spending time with a fine black gentleman.
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 07:55 PM

• View author's info Posted on May 02, 2005 at 10:06 PM

Good question. To be honest I'm not sure there ever was a point 17 years ago that I made the choice to date outside my race, but have been doing so ever since. I just love the diversity I guess, or the sexy vibe. It just feels right so i go with the flow. Why mess with that?
  • View author's info Posted on May 02, 2005 at 12:07 PM

My reason for interracial dating is simply that it's my choice. I can be in a room full of white men.....and a black man can walk by and turn my head every time. In my eyes, black men are the sexiest creatures on earth.
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 09:03 AM

Well Mellodrama I had dated out of my race in college, Playing football made it very easy.When I moved back home to my small town there was not alot of interracial dating going on back in the 80's. I'm 42 now and as I have gotten older I have gotten more and more into interracial dating.I love sister's too but my personal experience is that they bring too much drama into relationships, not all of them but in general.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 29, 2005 at 06:36 PM

msdsm1970 write:
    choice and preference!

My msdsm1970, that's very short and sweet, but perfectly sums it up for many of us, including me.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 29, 2005 at 05:12 PM

choice and preference!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 29, 2005 at 06:22 AM

Hello All,
    I have to say that I "went" black due to my grandmother. When I was about 12 she told me this story about how she was a young woman(in the late 30's) and fell in love with a black boy that worked on the family farm, but could not be together due to the era. She told me to love who i date and date who i love. Her wisdom has never left me and opened me up at a young age to all races.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 25, 2005 at 07:35 PM

I have always been attracted to white men since I was about 11 or 12, I don't know why. I loved Duran Duran when most black teenaged girls liked New Edition. I dated black guys in high school and college and married a black man (now divorced), but that's because most white men don't like heavier women(at least that's my experience). I'm not obese, but I am large and shapely. Black men love it, but I can't seem to attract what I really want!! I did have a relationship in college with a white guy and it was truly the best relationship I ever had, I was very happy until I found out he was married and I broke it off. That's why i'm here, hoping someone will look past the outside which really ain't that bad and look at the inside. I am ready to spoil "my white knight." I just want to be happy and it seems like my "preference" is a
    hindering my happiness. Where are the white guys who like thick sisters? I know you're on here somewhere!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 25, 2005 at 11:15 AM

REBELLION,SWIMMING UP STREAM,THE NEED TO BE NOTICED,AM I MAKING A STATEMENT? IF SO WHAT IS IT? TO WHOM IS IT BEING MADE.ME I LIKE WHO I LIKE.JUST THAT SIMPLE.MY HEART DOES NOT DECIDE DAY TO DAY,WHAT ETHNIC ORIGIN OF PERSON I WILL ATTRACT,OR BE ATTRACTED TO.YOU LIKE WHO YOU DO FOR YOUR REASONS.WHATS THE BIG DEAL?
Follow - email me when people comment