WHY DO BLACK MEN SEND ME INTERESTS ON AN INTERRACIAL DATING INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Jan 22, 2011 at 01:36 PM

LMAO! I was just thinking the same thing. It makes me scratch my head in confusion because this is supposed to be an interracial site - which mean you are seeking to date out of your race...right?

My guess is that some of the black guys here are just greedy or don't know what they want? Another theory in my head is the old "double standard." They might feel it's ok to chase after white women but frown upon black women dating out of their race?

Or, maybe black women just don't give them the time of the day and that's why they are dating out of their race, but they are still attracted to black women???

• View author's info Posted on Jan 02, 2011 at 07:38 AM

This happens to me too, and I haven't even posted my picture for this very reason. I think black men don't get what "interracial" is supposed to mean, and why dark skinned women would go on the Internet to find what we're looking for in the first place. It's precisely because out in public wherever we are, all we attract is Black men and we want to find something else - we are looking for what we're looking for and it's not what usually accosts us in the streets wherever we go. They don't get that this is why we're on the Internet in the first place. I'm tempted to start advertising in Spanish on "Latino only" sites if this keeps up. Ladies, we have to remember that they're men first of all. It's not just internet dating sites like this with "interracial" in their titles. It's all of the internet.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 31, 2010 at 11:07 PM

I'd say it's because you are a cute girl and those guys are hoping they have what it takes to get you to change your mind enough to at least respond to their interest.

My advice, give them a thanks for your interest, but you do not match my dating criteria response. You should also agressively search those profiles that match your criteria and contact those that you find interesting.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 12, 2010 at 05:37 PM

i get a lot of emails and winks from BM i just ignore anyone who is unattractive or disrespectful. but i have noticed that the majority of bm do get a lil angry wether its on a date site or out in public. i often get harrased by bm when im alone if they have seen me walking with or talking to a white guy. so you are not imagining things. i had t leave one date site in particular because of th constant verbal abuse. i think some men just feel a sense of entitlement. its mostly the ego. many men cannot handle rejection well no matter what the race it comes down to maturity level and confidence. i hear many bw complain about the same experience. its unfortunate but it is what it is. just be careful though of deep seeded resentment from some bm. they may try and play like they are ok with your dating IR then later do something not so nice to bring drama in your life. its kind of sad but i dont feel very comfy befriending bm who know i date IR. i have been threatened with physical violence, verbally assaulted in front of my child and this by bm who were married to white women or dating white women. go figure. and the same applies to black women who dont date IR, they can be very nasty as well. any how do you love who feels right and tell anybody who has an issue with it to suck it. lol

• View author's info Posted on Oct 09, 2010 at 01:46 PM

I have to agree with your post. I am not attracted to BM either. If I wanted to date BM I would go to a site that caters to BM/BW dating. I have never been physically attracted to BM just like there are some BM that are not physically attracted to BW. The heart wants what the heart wants and my heart just does not want a BM.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 19, 2010 at 01:12 PM

Please dont take what I'm about to say as anything harmful or disrespectful towards black men or anyone else!!! This is not a racism issue. Its a preference.

I've had the same problem in my inbox, but I make sure that I'm nice about it when I let them know that I'm interested in men who are not black. It can be annoying when they persist and start insulting me for wanting another race, but I just block them after that. If they are nice and understanding, I just keep them as friends. I think that the site could do a lot to change this by setting things up so that when you sign up, men who are a part of your race don't show up in your searches if that's what you want. Lets face it...this is a numbers thing. So if I want to increase my chances of getting a mate who is in line with me in terms of mindset, education, finance, goals, etc, then I'm going to have to swim in a different pool. Roughly 70% of the population comprises white males while 13% of the population comprises black males. Statistics are not in favor of the black male (jail, gay/downlow, less chance of graduating college, unemployed for no reason). I'm sure there are a lot of bad things you can say about black women too, but that is not the issue here. I'm sure that there are some black males in the world who are great too, but again thats not the issue at this juncture. So I do understand your gripe, however you just have to understand that its just like the times that you go out on dates with white men and the black men stare you down as if they want to kill you. Or the times you go out with white men and a black guy blatantly disrespects your date by asking you out in front of him. Just walk away.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 12, 2010 at 06:22 AM

sell out? i feel that you shouldn't feel obligated to date someone or not date someone because of what society thinks. society doesnt keep you warm at night or make you happy. if i have yet to find a black man i find attractive, how is that selling out? I am not trying to be mean but why do something i dont want to do , just to please others? that is just ridiculous. i get labeled as a sell out just walking down the street with my boyfriend before i even open my mouth, and i am sure you get the same thing when you date interracially. I do what is good for me and makes me happy, not what someone else tells me i should do to make them happy.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 12, 2010 at 05:47 AM

i was not trying to have an attitude, just thought i made it perfectly clear what i was attracted to, so i am confused at why i still get an influx of messages from them.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 12, 2010 at 05:43 AM

you dont understand why someone would ONLY date another race. well for starters attraction, why should i have to date somone i am not attracted to at the slightest just to please society? That is what doesn't make sense to me. And why is it assume i only date white men, just becasue i dont date black men doesn't mean i only date white. Sorry i live for me, if i am not attracted to a brotha , i dont date him........and so far i haven't met one i was attracted to. Beauty is the eye of the beholder.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 05, 2010 at 12:09 PM

It's not good to have your head in the clouds. When your head is in the clouds it leads to bad character flaws. Attitude is everything and I guess that is what HollowDon is referring to.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 07:20 PM

Because every man feels compelled to express his interest to a woman he finds attractive... regardless of race!

• View author's info Posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 06:32 PM

White women flirt and message me. No problem, I am not prejudiced. Look, you are a knockout, all men are susceptible. Revel in the attention, just smile and walk on.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 06:00 PM

Well said...

• View author's info Posted on Feb 23, 2010 at 06:20 AM

Quoting americanbeauty85:

Just because some dates interracially DOES NOT mean they are exclusive to the other race. They may prefer a white girl but be open to dating an attractive black girl. I think that's great! I never understand people who ONLY date a particular race. I do however understand people who prefer other races yet can still admit when they are attracted to individuals who share their skin color.

Ditto. Spot on.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 08, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Just because some dates interracially DOES NOT mean they are exclusive to the other race. They may prefer a white girl but be open to dating an attractive black girl. I think that's great! I never understand people who ONLY date a particular race. I do however understand people who prefer other races yet can still admit when they are attracted to individuals who share their skin color.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 04, 2010 at 07:17 PM

Could also be more than them being attracted. Some men just don't like being left out. Even though they themselves are looking to interacially date.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 31, 2009 at 06:48 PM

That is so funny!! I just was saying the same thing about an inbox full of Black men sending winks. Nope, no casual sex possibilities over here bruh. I'm OFF the hamster wheel.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 26, 2009 at 02:27 AM

Just because men want to interraically date doesn't mean they aren't attracted to women of the same race. I myself prefer White and Asian men but I'm attracted to Black men. I have sent Black men flirts in the past.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 07:44 PM

I'm so glad I saw this post...I was wondering Myself,what's up w/ the White guy's sending Me winks and mail. If that's what I wanted,I'd not be on this site...

Follow - email me when people comment