WHY DO BLACK MEN SEND ME INTERESTS ON AN INTERRACIAL DATING INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Nov 01, 2009 at 07:47 AM

SITE??? I JUST WONDER BECAUSE I AM A MEMBER OF TWO AND EVERYDAY 50% OF MY EMAILS ON THE INTERRACIAL DATING SITES ARE FROM BLACK MEN.. I GET KINDA CONFUSED AND I JUST WONDER WHY? I NEVER REPLAY BACK, BUT IT ALWAYS MAKES ME LAUGH A LITTLE....LOL CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT. THANKS

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 38Comments

• View author's info Posted on Feb 09, 2016 at 07:39 AM

For me personally, I joined this site (as a white man) not to exclusively date outside my race, but to leave wide room for the possibility. If I saw a white woman on this site that was attractive, I would hit on her. I imagine many black men are a mirror image of that.

• View author's info Posted on Jun 09, 2015 at 01:11 PM

Quoting ltmcneill:

SITE??? I JUST WONDER BECAUSE I AM A MEMBER OF TWO AND EVERYDAY 50% OF MY EMAILS ON THE INTERRACIAL DATING SITES ARE FROM BLACK MEN.. I GET KINDA CONFUSED AND I JUST WONDER WHY? I NEVER REPLAY BACK, BUT IT ALWAYS MAKES ME LAUGH A LITTLE....LOL CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT. THANKS

Although you're a black woman who's on an interracial dating site but still receiving messages from black men, I think you should just take it as a compliment. Because for most men (even men that are looking to date interracially) there's still one thing that trumps race, and that one thing is - physical beauty.

What most men want more than anything is to be with a beautiful woman. Plus, some men are still open to dating a woman of any race  (including a woman of his own race) if he thinks that the woman might possibly be a good match for him. 

So if I were you, I would just take it as a compliment that a lot of these black men find you attractive enough to message you. Some women get very few messages.  So just continue to ignore them, and keep it moving. 

• View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2014 at 09:40 AM

So here's the weird thing. The kind of black men that like non-black women are the kind that like me, and me them. It's a little frustrating. My ex-husband was black but his woman before me and his woman after me were white.  It's more of a culture thing. I'm a geeky, sci-fi girl so I tend to go for the nerdy type of black guy who is precisely the kind of black guy who goes for white women.  It does confuse me a bit when black men approach me on an interracial site but I do kind of get it. He wants an open-minded kind of woman which you tend to be if you are open to interracial dating.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2013 at 02:12 AM

I'm with you on that. I read this was the #1 interracial dating site & so far I'm a bit disappointed, and thinking about canceling myself. I'm hanging in there and trying to remain positive though.  Good luck to you, and Merry early Christmas :-)

• View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2013 at 08:52 AM

Quoting King91:

Maybe because you are beautiful? Yes this is a interracial dating site. That being said doesn't mean you're supposed to HATE your own kind. If I see a beautiful girl that is of my race I will try top talk to her to. Rejected or accepted Idc

I have to agree.  The main reason Im on this site is that i've never dated one race of woman exclusively.   I've dated outside my race all of my life.  However,  it doesn't mean I will automatically reject black women if they respond to me.   I've met many black women on interracial sites.   

• View author's info Posted on Aug 23, 2013 at 06:47 PM

Great answer :-)

• View author's info Posted on Jan 05, 2013 at 07:55 PM

Maybe because you are beautiful? Yes this is a interracial dating site. That being said doesn't mean you're supposed to HATE your own kind. If I see a beautiful girl that is of my race I will try top talk to her to. Rejected or accepted Idc
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 10, 2012 at 02:45 PM

Quoting jiaelin:

i get a lot of emails and winks from BM i just ignore anyone who is unattractive or disrespectful. but i have noticed that the majority of bm do get a lil angry wether its on a date site or out in public. i often get harrased by bm when im alone if they have seen me walking with or talking to a white guy. so you are not imagining things. i had t leave one date site in particular because of th constant verbal abuse. i think some men just feel a sense of entitlement. its mostly the ego. many men cannot handle rejection well no matter what the race it comes down to maturity level and confidence. i hear many bw complain about the same experience. its unfortunate but it is what it is. just be careful though of deep seeded resentment from some bm. they may try and play like they are ok with your dating IR then later do something not so nice to bring drama in your life. its kind of sad but i dont feel very comfy befriending bm who know i date IR. i have been threatened with physical violence, verbally assaulted in front of my child and this by bm who were married to white women or dating white women. go figure. and the same applies to black women who dont date IR, they can be very nasty as well. any how do you love who feels right and tell anybody who has an issue with it to suck it. lol

Um, why do THEY have to be "OK" with OUR dating interracially?! What business is it of theirs anyway? I think the OP's point is that the black men out in society in general are treating us like they OWN us and it's for THEM to say it's OK for us to date whom WE want. Like someone made THEM our "owners" or something. I mean, who the hell are they that we have to run our wishes "by" them anyway?!
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 01, 2012 at 05:13 PM

I have another theory, for those of us who don't post our picture because then ONLY black men will answer, that they read the profile and think we're "white." In my case they think a Native American is going to be "white" and so they think they ARE crossing racial lines. Too bad you can't block out the race you don't want contacting you, on this or any web site.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Quoting ltmcneill:

I'm getting winks and contacts from white women who say they are looking for black men ? Want to compare notes ? hahahah
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Or, you get the black guys who for some reason has there ethnicity as caucasian/white. WTF??? Are the checking that themselves, or is it a system default? More importantyl, every profile I've looked at so far says the user hasn't been on the site for more than a month. Which could mean years....I'm a brand new member and I am already considering cancelling this.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2011 at 07:05 PM

I think it's better to be open to a particular personality first and foremost and then, consider what you're going to wake up with in the morning. The personality should always be the highest on the list, because that will sustain a relationship on a communication level. Why get together because so and so look good or is of a particular race, but don't have the personality to sustain a relationship. Success is narrowed when you pin possibilities down to physical appearance.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2011 at 09:58 AM

Quoting ltmcneill:

Because they're assholes online as well as in person; and let me guess they probably have WAY less education than you, too?!

They also jump in where they don't belong in terms of class and education!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Quoting solsticeZ:

Please dont take what I'm about to say as anything harmful or disrespectful towards black men or anyone else!!! This is not a racism issue. Its a preference.

I've had the same problem in my inbox, but I make sure that I'm nice about it when I let them know that I'm interested in men who are not black. It can be annoying when they persist and start insulting me for wanting another race, but I just block them after that. If they are nice and understanding, I just keep them as friends. I think that the site could do a lot to change this by setting things up so that when you sign up, men who are a part of your race don't show up in your searches if that's what you want. Lets face it...this is a numbers thing. So if I want to increase my chances of getting a mate who is in line with me in terms of mindset, education, finance, goals, etc, then I'm going to have to swim in a different pool. Roughly 70% of the population comprises white males while 13% of the population comprises black males. Statistics are not in favor of the black male (jail, gay/downlow, less chance of graduating college, unemployed for no reason). I'm sure there are a lot of bad things you can say about black women too, but that is not the issue here. I'm sure that there are some black males in the world who are great too, but again thats not the issue at this juncture. So I do understand your gripe, however you just have to understand that its just like the times that you go out on dates with white men and the black men stare you down as if they want to kill you. Or the times you go out with white men and a black guy blatantly disrespects your date by asking you out in front of him. Just walk away.

Because as we all know, every black man in the world even if they're African or West Indian or whatever, OWNS every woman with dark skin that they THINK is "black" and has the "right" to tell us what to do. I couldn't go to Yale because it didn't even take one semester for the local black ghetto trash to start targeting my car and otherwise tormenting me for being there (as you may not know, New Haven is 37% black ghetto trash, the kind who couldn't get into Yale if they had some way to pay their way in, who have their nerve resenting those of us whom they think look like them and "should" act like them and have grown up and clowned around all through high school like them, and should live like them, and not go to Yale; the only other Ivy League school in the ghetto like that is Columbia.) because everywhere I go all the surrounding black male creatures treat me like they own me and are somehow "entitled" to tell me what to do even though I'm Choctaw Indian and not one of THEM in the first place. I get picked on by blacks everywhere and God forbid what I get if I happen to snag a guy who has more in common with me like liking science, math, and Harry Potter books/movies. Meaning, usually, white; sometimes Asian or Philippino.
    BTW what happened is my car was broken into twice and my brakes tampered with once. I quit because going to Yale isn't worth being killed by the local black ghetto trash, over.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 04, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Race is really a social construct. I think attraction is more tied to culture, because honestly we can all think of a celebrity or model from one end of the color spectrum to the other that is universally beautiful. However, actual attraction has to do with more than physical features. It's about the way one carries him/herself.

That being said, I'm suspicious of one's maturity when they use terms like "ONLY" or "NEVER" as it relates to love. Maybe these men are mature enough to know that love and beauty can come in unexpected places.
  • View author's info Posted on May 29, 2011 at 03:44 PM

I am new to the site but some of us are from other races than stated above and again if its love I really do not mind people of my own race and always open to any race.
  • View author's info Posted on May 21, 2011 at 05:35 PM

My only preference is for a women. I am not overly interested in how much melanin you have in your skin more interested in how many neuron you have in your head besides who says you can't worship beauty wherever you find it.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I get your point and like others have said....You're cute...no doubt, so yeah...they read your profile, but it may never hurt ask or "ping" to guage an interest level.
    In society, guys have been conditioned to be responsible for initiating conversation, "the process" or whatever. If I solely relied on women to initiate with me....I'd probably have more than a healthy number of "free nights" on the calendar....lol   So he probably just figured it was better to indicate he had interest in you than to let you initiate with him. Respectable flattery is a good thing.

No Worries

• View author's info Posted on Feb 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I'm black and I don't think I have contacted black ladies on this site, so not all men are the same, black or white.
Follow - email me when people comment