age difference- important or not? Friendship Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Dec 25, 2005 at 07:27 PM

No one should place a limit on age, it is only a state of the mind.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 25, 2005 at 07:00 PM

age is huge factor for me i don't feel comfortable if the guy is too young and i'm defintley not feeling the vibe if he's too old ...however i'm 28 ...so SOME younger guys ( 25 and below are still immature, still partying, unable to hold a conversation without discussing their xbox (NOT THAT i have a problem with video games but it gets too much when it's every day the same conversation, boring)and as for the older gentlemen (36 and up)it just does not feel right to me.... i couldn't understand what it was but one day i figured it out ...my family is old and i was raised to have respect for my elders, automatically i go in respectful mode when i'm around people much older than me ..so to have a mate at that age ...it automatically puts me at a disadvantage cuz i don't feel like an equal ...yes i know it's bizarre ..but that's how it is for me.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 25, 2005 at 05:51 AM

I never imagined myself with a man younger then me. But in recent years I have learned that some younger men are attracted to us "older" women. In my last relationship the man was 10 years younger. But there was so much else going on for us that the age thing was no big deal. One night he made the comment that he was having a hard time keeping up with me lol From now on age will not make a difference to me. Except I draw the line at men being young as my son.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 24, 2005 at 04:18 PM

Hello;
    I agree witn you. In many cases, age is not a fector in a good friendship
    or romance. Each party can bring their own point of view into the friendship, and the sharing of these views can be awesome. An older person will feel a bit "younger", and a younger person will feel a bit "mature". If done right and with mutual respect, this can be the best kind of friendship.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 02, 2005 at 02:21 PM

One thing you will never see or hear me do is use the word, "All". I try to refrain from, "Most". Many times, I try to use the word, "Many times". I don't like to get caught up in innacuracies.

Also, I know that there are women, who act younger. They were the ones that were being talked about.

So, I wasn't talking about anyone that didn't fit the description.

Be young!

Also, Silver1944, If I was younger, I'd try to get with you!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 01, 2005 at 03:48 PM

I agree with Heartnsoul4u. The personality is the most important. The problem with that is, older women tend to be effected by the demeanor of other older women. The others have old ways; so, they follow. I've heard some talk about others in a negative fashion, saying, "She thinks she young".

They tend to forget that being desirable is part of keeping the flame burning.

There is something wrong with following the crowd, just because.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 01, 2005 at 09:01 AM

I'd love to meet someone who is positive, loving, kind, and adventurous. I don't care how old she is and I must say that I love older women. I wouldn't discount a younger woman, but that's not something that I'm really looking for. I'm more interested in what's on the inside than the age of the outside. I have friends of all ages and there is good to be found in all of them.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 03, 2005 at 04:46 PM

locura2000 write:
    i'm an older female and i'm told that i should look for an older male,ok. the problem is older males don't interest me all that much. they make me feel old. i want a man that can help me feel alive. is that understandable?

I can completely relate to you on that. The trend is for younger women to hook up with older (often times much older) men because the MEN want someone young, vibrant and full of energy. Well, don't women want and deserve the same?
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 03, 2005 at 01:37 PM

YourWalletsNext write:
    It's totally your preference. My mother was 29 years younger than my father and somehow, someway, the attraction was there. I personally wouldn't go that route, but I understand. I believe it's how you feel and what stages you're hitting in life. If you still like to party and hang out then maybe a 40 something male will bore you to death! Go for what feels right, not for what other people think.

Nice post, hun
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 03, 2005 at 06:59 AM

It's totally your preference. My mother was 29 years younger than my father and somehow, someway, the attraction was there. I personally wouldn't go that route, but I understand. I believe it's how you feel and what stages you're hitting in life. If you still like to party and hang out then maybe a 40 something male will bore you to death! Go for what feels right, not for what other people think.
Follow - email me when people comment