To Support: Do women even really know what they want? Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 07:48 AM

Arabian Queen...you have to learn to discern the wheat from the chaff...Our society tends to breed insecurities, hence, your friend needed the satisfaction of knowing that you were still interested in him...once you bite the bait, he had what he needed to survive another day. Be true to yourself...try to see what's in front of you and not what you want to see.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 03:58 AM

loner1115 write:

WHOA!!!! "Let's start a life together"?

You probably scared the crap out of him with that one. He hasn't seen you in 13 years. Give him a break.

Um, Loner, luv, go back and read...I stated what he said to me...."he makes comments, writings on the walls, throws hints..went as far as saying let's start a life together"...not me luv.

Read and reread before you jump down my throat.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 09, 2005 at 02:07 PM

Of course I know what I want!.....sometimes, hang on, no, all the time - I definately know what I want.......or do I? Maybe, no actually I don't. WAIT - yep, I remember now....oh hang on - Damn, I'm all confused now, silly little woman that I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2005 at 06:01 PM

Hello, I'm new on here and thought I'd jump in. I know what I want. I don't think that some men know what they want? They say they want someone with strength, someone who's aggressive, independent, blunt, honest, bold etc. etc. etc. For example...I ran into an old friend of mine on another site who I have not seen for 13 years...we liked each other back then, no one said anything, years go by, we meet up, he makes comments, writings on the walls, throws hints...well, went as far as saying let's start a life together, I wait it out a couple of days, then I bite, and BLAM...he gets scared and runs. He doesn't even want to hang out with me as a friend...what in the h*ll are men afraid of.

I think that chances are most women have tried being aggressive at least once and scared someone away and those same women are just sitting back and waiting for what they want to come to them.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2005 at 11:44 AM

Sunshower write:
    I guess I'm in the minority then.

Sometimes I honestly don't know what I want. Sometimes I want a relationship, sometimes I want to be single. This leads to quite a few confused and hurt men, which I try to avoid.

I hate to admit it, but I guess I'm one of those "confused" females the topic starter was thinking about.

I guess I'm messing it up for all of us huh? lol

You are not messing up a thing. And at your age, why should you have to make a decision that should last forever? I think if we were all honest, we feel the same way you do Sun. I want to be open and available to a relationship and not jaded by past experiences. I hope I can succeed as experience proves a hard barrier to overcome.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2005 at 11:19 AM

Sunshower write:

Sometimes I honestly don't know what I want. Sometimes I want a relationship, sometimes I want to be single. This leads to quite a few confused and hurt men, which I try to avoid.

I hate to admit it, but I guess I'm one of those "confused" females the topic starter was thinking about.

Your only 25, hun... it'll hit you soon enough.

Hell at 25, I was more confused as to what the heck I wanted in life than I ever have been... and I was married! Egads!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2005 at 11:16 AM

Hmmm I guess to be fair, they should also ask if men really know what they want?

Hmmmm... I even question myself on that sometimes? God, life is too complicated... I just want a GOOD, easygoing lady who wants my bod (hehe just had to throw that in) and loves to have intellectual conversations ...someone whom makes my day and I can make hers in return...yada yada yada...

Wait, I guess I really do know what I want... I guess I'm simply fishing without a rod and reel! Geez I always forget something (friggn' alzheimers).
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2005 at 04:56 PM

Women all know what they want it is just that we change it every 5 minutes or so...LOL...
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2005 at 06:48 AM

• View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2005 at 10:04 PM

Of course it is QuiteAFriend.
    Which is why most of us are having a bit fun at the expense of the starter of this thread.
    Because who could really take such a statement seriously?!

And thanks for you candor in your post.
    :o)
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2005 at 01:44 PM

A question like this is usually, really not a question but a statement that someone thinks they know better what the person (or women as a group) ought to want.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2005 at 01:15 PM

kashmirkat write:

???????

I'm with you, kash.

Hmmm... maybe a Freudian theft is appropriate here: sometimes a "like" is just a "like."
    Then again, SOMETIMES it's a "like to have."

*Sama451 looks at the origonal post again...*

I won't even hazard to guess on this one!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2005 at 10:49 AM

bethhop write:
    Most of us, I think, would like Yasmin!

???????
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 27, 2005 at 09:38 AM

Silver1944 write:
    LOL @ Diana's post. In more ways than one, darling, in more ways than one.

But then, you know men NEVER ask for directions so what could you expect.

*runs out door and down hallway* LOL

Since I can't figure out how to end my membership for the 3rd month in a row... I guess I will just enjoy the ride.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2005 at 11:37 PM

Of course. I know what I want, but it is very hard to find.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 21, 2005 at 04:35 PM

For sure just as soon as we women think we have "em all figured out" we are surprised.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 21, 2005 at 02:14 PM

I think what we need. out weighs what we want!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 17, 2005 at 09:19 PM

I think sleepless has a good point. Men giving women what "they" think we want, but generally not having a clue. But the flip side is also, some women don't have a clue what they want either. We all want a date/mate/partner that can carry on a converstion, makes us laugh, show us respect and make us "feel good". That is not limited just to women.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 16, 2005 at 02:09 PM

Diana007 write:
    Life is funny like this. That even thouigh we know what we want and work hard to attain it, sometimes we never come close to achieving our goals. Case and point.... what if I winked at 3 different very attractive guys. With the goal/hope/prayer of a date and didn't get a response. That is a goal not attained. I knew what I wanted, but was unable to attain my goal due to circumstances beyond my control. And then by the same token 300 guys wink me all of which I am not interested in. They are not able to attain their goal either. Because in order for them to attain their goal I would have to compromise on what I want. Which is not an option. So though I know what I want the opportunity to attain it has not yet presented itself. So the question do women really know what they want is maybe an oximoron. A more realistic question may be ~ HOW DO WOMEN GO ABOUT GETTING WHAT THEY REALLY WANT! And when you find the answer to that question please let me know so that I can go back and at least have a dream date with someone I am really interested in for once!

Sorry Di,
    I can't help you, since those things that others have more control over than I, are the things falling into that 0.1% of wants & needs of my previous post.

But I'm standing right here beside you sis, waiting to hear what the person who DOES have that answer has to say.
    ;-)
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 14, 2005 at 08:17 AM

I'm good, haven't drooled over your pic in awhile.......but if you keep posting I won't be able to control myself..lol

anyway here's what I mean:

Maybe she never contacted you, maybe you were too gorgeous and she got nervous..... go figure! lol
Follow - email me when people comment