To Support: Do women even really know what they want? Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 07, 2005 at 08:33 AM

Of coarse women know what they want, you are obviously a man.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 86Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 18, 2008 at 04:53 PM

LOL to Sober's comment. I actually agree with him on several levels...b/c, ladies, he is just being honest. Women do often say they want one thing and respond to another. This day in age....a woman that simply wants a GOOD man is scarce.

There are a lot of independent women out there, but money and status and all of the other superficial things have become really prominent in relationships. And it is sometimes hard for a man to decifer what women really want.

Let's face it ladies....women are not the most HONEST creatures in the world and, a lot of times, can be very vindictive to get the end result that they want. So men have just adjusted accordingly. If you want a man to really be down with and for you...sometimes you have to let go of those sweet little dimeanors and be candidly honest...and I mean REALLY honest about what you want. Superficial things included.

I don't like smokers, arrogance, skinny men, bad teeth, or bad breath....now my definition of a GOOD man wouldn't change b/c I don't like those things....but if a guy that was a "GOOD man" did those things. I would not respond to him.

Simply put, you have to ask for and know what you want up front...no matter how superficial it sounds. And if you want a man to know what you really want...tell him and stop making him guess.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 05, 2008 at 06:42 PM

ok most woman want honest and nice guy, woman need a man to love us and to respect our descision and to give us some space to ur heart, to ur life and to give ur attention, not only bec we are ur woman, and then dont think that we woman dont have the right to tell what is the right for u and for me for the relation
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 17, 2007 at 12:25 PM

Sobers write:
    ... Women would not know a good man even if they gave birth to one.

Gee Sobers, are you trying to say your mama didn't love you?

Are you giving us a glimpse of where all the hostility in your posts eminates from??

Sobers write:
    ... Sometimes I wish I was gay.
    Re:

Well, you might just be a "kinder, gentler" Sobers if you ever do decide to come out of the closet.
    -Or at least you might finally have a good relationship with your mother.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 04, 2007 at 04:59 AM

[quote]Sometimes I wish I was gay.[quote]

careful what you wish for......... take another look at your driver's license.... if there's a capital 'DL' on it.... cover up......
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 02, 2007 at 09:28 PM

Gosh, I can't believe that SOBERS is still allowed in here.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 26, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Women say they want a good man but if that man's goodness is NOT reflected in his looks or income then he's screwed. Women would not know a good man even if they gave birth to one.

Men are SCARED to treat women well coz more often than not you will get rejected and thrown to the friend zone. I used treat women well and I think I'm OK looking and NEVER once did it get me a second date never mind some bedroom action. I learnt my lesson.

What women say they want and what they respond to are two different things. To be honest I'm really starting to HATE women. Sometimes I wish I was gay.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 01, 2006 at 05:18 PM

wiseflower30 write:
    Yeah i know what i want:
    i don't need a guy to make me be happy,or feel loved,take care of my bills or any of those characteristics that some people feel they need to be whole or validated...i got that covered ...i want a partner,a friend, a passionate individual to share these qualities that i already posess and possibly create others together ... that's it.

Wiseflower.....you are indeed wise ......and I agree with your post...100%....
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 05, 2006 at 06:07 AM

Sentoryu279 Of course women know what they want but since nobody is perfect if you can't find they one you want then love the one you are with. lol since life is so short waiting for mr right it is a real drag, the years just go by, where the hell is he?? If I lined up each guy i knew over the years and took a bit of every thing I liked from each one and put into a dummy then I will get mr right.duh stuff, like looks, financial security, honesty, affectionate etc Cinnabar
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2006 at 03:15 PM

I have found that if you see bad points in a person it is because you have those very same points yourself which you hate about yourself.

So I guess if you spot a bad point better check yourself and see if you need to change first then see if that bad point is still there.

I know what I want a life time partner to spend the rest of my life. We all are not perfect. Never will be so those that nit pick I guess you will never find that speical someone. And keep on looking and get one divorce after another.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2006 at 09:36 AM

Sentoryu279 write:
    I guess another good question is IF women Know what they want.... Then why do they often find theirselves with a man that is oppisite of what they want...

This can also be said about men...

Many people see another and immediately start to pick out the BAD points in that person and think of a way to CHANGE that. That is Mistake NUMBER 1.

A very good point Sentoryu. I believe most people don't have any REAL clue as to what they REALLY want. So when they find, or are found by what they think they want, they either end up SETTLING or accepting just the opposite of what they said they WANTED. Perhaps I'll elaborate on this topic later.

Hey...it's good to SEE you again Sentoryu.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2006 at 06:05 AM

Yes Sentoryu, that does happen.
    Mostly in men or women who've not yet learned that one can only marginally, at best, influence what another person will do/be.

But human beings are neither all "good" nor all "bad."
    So it is indeed quite possible for a man or a woman to fall in love with someone who possesses mostly what they view as "good" qualities, while at the very same time disliking those few qualities they percieve in them as being "bad" qualities to be "improved" upon.
    And since we all grow at different rates in different areas, there isn't a one of us on the face of this earth that wouldn't benefit from some improvement to some dynamics of ourselves.
    Its all in how this change for the betterment of ourselves is approached by others.
    Is it through positive encouragement on the things that another is ready and willing to improve upon?
    Is it through "correction" and criticizism, often without regard to identifying the areas within ONES SELF that could do with a bit of "improvement" as well??

Both are "attempts to change another."
    The latter is forced, usually through untimatums or other manipulations.

The former is a recognition of "all things in their OWN season." -a gentile cultivating and nourishing, if you will, of the seeds of "goodness," to thereby eventually overtake the "weeds."
    The latter, an often pain inducing ripping out of the weeds in another's garden, without the tending to ones own weeds.

Life, time, and experience are great teachers.
    Don't fault too harshly those who've not the three to do better.
    "When one knows better, one will DO better."
    =^)
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 15, 2006 at 09:10 AM

I guess another good question is IF women Know what they want.... Then why do they often find theirselves with a man that is oppisite of what they want...

This can also be said about men...

Many people see another and immediately start to pick out the BAD points in that person and think of a way to CHANGE that. That is Mistake NUMBER 1.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 13, 2006 at 09:30 PM

Hi Blackla60
    Welcome to the forums! =)
    Nice, sincere profile.
    May you enjoy your time here, and

Best of luck to you finding that special lady to share some of life's happiness with!

Sama451
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 13, 2006 at 04:14 PM

I would love to find a woman who know what she want. Most women say that they want a loyal, honest trusting man, but they do not know one when they see one. You can not see either, so what should a woman look for? Looks, no that could be deceiving, size? That would not work either. Come on ladies, tell me what exactly what you want.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Feb 26, 2006 at 07:49 AM

Your right even at my age it sometimes is still confusing :-( All we can do is wait, look and hopefully find the one person that we can't live without or that person that just simply makes us happy.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 09, 2006 at 09:00 PM

Yeah i know what i want:
    i don't need a guy to make me be happy,or feel loved,take care of my bills or any of those characteristics that some people feel they need to be whole or validated...i got that covered ...i want a partner,a friend, a passionate individual to share these qualities that i already posess and possibly create others together ... that's it.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 08, 2006 at 06:25 PM

tracymc33 write:
    I don't have the slightest idea what I want. Who really does?

I like that. Honesty. Some people have more of a handle on what they
    want in life than others. Sometimes this self knowledge comes from soul searching. Something that more of us could do.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 08, 2006 at 06:09 PM

Yes women know what they want......are men willing to give it ..........thats the question?
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 08, 2006 at 08:31 AM

olubamni write:
    i know what i want as a woman, the answer do men honestly know what they looking for in a woman.... my mother told me long time ago don't marry an cacausian,puetro rican, mexican,asian, african...who was left in my opinion my mother had not so experiences with these type of men to not spare me the pain...however who was i to marry or share my life with? ...men look inside your yourself other than your dockers...women contuinue to search there is someone out there for us to have... out of five billion people....

Why do men always have to be the bad guys? And, what does a man not knowing what he wants have to do with you? If you know what you want, fine. I bid you good luck in your search. But no need to snub men in the process.
Follow - email me when people comment