Movies............... Entertainment and Hobbies Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on May 17, 2005 at 08:51 AM

I just saw "Sideways" over the weekend. It started off a little slow, and predictable. A bachelor trip through the wine country in California. And the ending was predictable as well. Did anyone enjoy this movie? What movies do you recommend?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 42Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 15, 2008 at 04:52 PM

If you like Sideways, check out the earlier films by the same filmmaker: Citizen Ruth, Election and About Schmidt. They are all sharp, funny and better than Sideways. Election is one of the best films of the 90s and the other two are underrated too.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 22, 2008 at 09:53 PM

Hey y'all! if you want action and comedy, i got three words-Shoot Em Up. hilarious and great action. oh and you all have to see The Hitcher. I love horror. Its my fave genre. haha. yeah Im a geek! lol. Happy Easter!
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 12, 2008 at 12:40 PM

I just saw PS I love You. It was a great movie. It has humor and was a great movie.

I was impressed.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM

hey Kash... long time.

I thought the movie was a little boring and had a hard time getting into it from the gate.. so lost interest even tho it was supposed to be good.

*yawn* I think it needed to grab my attention sooner.
  • View author's info Posted on May 03, 2006 at 02:54 AM

I just watched "Fanny and Alexander," a 1982 film by Ingmar Bergman. I saw it ages ago, and had forgotten how beautiful is the cinematography when Bergman is in control.

Highly recommended.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 09, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Samantha451 write:
    Me too kash.

And if they gave an award for
    MOST ENTRANCING EYES ON A MAN,
    Terrance Howard would have surely won!
    ;^)

oh baby oh baby YEAH!!! SIGH.....
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 07, 2006 at 11:06 PM

kashmirkat write:

I'M SO HAPPY CRASH WON THE OSCAR!! WELL DESERVED!!!!!!! YIPPEE!! AND YES SAMA, I AGREE A MUST HAVE.

Me too kash.

And if they gave an award for
    MOST ENTRANCING EYES ON A MAN,
    Terrance Howard would have surely won!
    ;^)
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 07, 2006 at 10:33 AM

Samantha451 write:
    CRASH was a great film.
    I couldn't wait for it to get to DVD.
    It's one of those "must own" films.

I'M SO HAPPY CRASH WON THE OSCAR!! WELL DESERVED!!!!!!! YIPPEE!! AND YES SAMA, I AGREE A MUST HAVE.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 04, 2006 at 01:06 AM

CRASH was a great film.
    I couldn't wait for it to get to DVD.
    It's one of those "must own" films.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 16, 2006 at 02:22 PM

Now has anyone seen the Crash with Sandra Bullock and Terrance Howard (Ohh Baby)?

I would like to know your moral of the story if you will. I've talked to several co-workers and have heard several different versions that are quite interesting.

My take was that the movie shows how all races get involved on some level with violence and most of the characters were involved with guns. The moral I saw was that violence and guns is not a "race" issue, it's a "people" issue and that violence doesn't pay.

A guy in my office came away with "You should be nice to people, even if you're meeting or interacting with them for the first time, because they have a way of coming back into your life".

It was a voilent movie that brings out the positive in people by the end of the movie.

What's your opinion?
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 21, 2005 at 01:46 PM

i ideally like marital arts flicks but, i came across a movie called fightplan w/ actress jody foster. It was thought provoking. I recently had the pleasure to seeing with a friend...though i really wanted to see the gospel w/ boris kodjoe may have spelled his last name wrong... married and has....you know....what.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2005 at 07:11 PM

The Nephew is a great movie. The young man who plays the multi-racial nephew is a well know actor named Hill Harper. He looks differnt in each movie role. The movie was quite moving. I loved the scene where he sang an old Irish song during the wake. Surely brought tears to the eyes of the attendees who thought the black american could not know of such things.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 15, 2005 at 10:56 AM

I just saw Jarhead Sunday night. IT WAS GOOD. It was strictly a soldier's point of view on going to war. VERY WELL DONE. And Jamie's not hard to look at either!! (drool, drool like Pavlov's dog)
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 11, 2005 at 08:37 AM

I prefer the classics my favorites being Gone with the Wind, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, West Side Story and all the Disney cartoons.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 06, 2005 at 10:00 AM

I rarely watch Hollywood movies, but some good ones have been produced there in the 90s.

I love some of the old classics, which I try to see sparingly to avoid the familarity-contempt link: Casablanca, Angels with Dirty Faces, Vertigo, It's a Wonderful Life, etc.

Some European classics are also among my faves: Nuovo Cinema Paradiso, La haine, Lola rennt, Taxi, La vita e bella, Todo sobre mi madre, Die Einzige Chance, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, everything by Monthy Python (specially Life of Brian), etc.

Some Brazilian movies are great on their own right: Pixote, Quem matou Pixote?, O beijo da mulher aranha (Babenco is a genius), Dona Flor e seus dois maridos, etc.

Some movies from Latin America I like are La fuerza del deseo, En la boca del lobo, El analfabeto, Una mujer en la calle, Amor con amor se paga, Un rincon cerca del cielo, etc.

Of the newer (post-1980) Hollywood fare, I'd rescue Gilliam's Brazil and 12 Monkeys, Burton's Edward Scissorhands and Batman Returns, Singer's X2, Darabont's Shawshank Redemption, Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List, Fincher's Se7en, Demme's The Silence of the Lambs and Miller's Babe: Pig in the City (together with Batman Returns, probably two of the darkest movies ever made).

And from the animated fare, Disney's Beauty and the Beast and Dumbo, Pixar's Finding Nemo, Chomet's Les triplettes de Belleville, and Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2005 at 03:54 PM

SNKERBAR2005 write:
    He's right, (Hitch) is my suprise movie of the Year, still have a smile on my face from that movie,,, Million Dollar baby almost had me crying, I say almost,,Down in the Delta with Wesley Snipes now that movie makes me cry but don't tell anyone. My movie of the Year is Crash or maybe Hotel Rawanda, or Ray, or even the latest Jet Lee movie which is the, yes thats the movie I recomend for u (Kash) hit me back and let me know if we have the same taste in movies,,could someone tell us the name of Jet Lee's latest movie. Found it,, the movie is Unleashed go get that Kash and tell me what u think,,,

Crash and Hotel Rwanda ...two awesome movies and extremely touching.

Crash nearly had me in tears when I thought that little girl got shot. The acting in that film is simply top-notch. If you haven't seen it, what r u waiting for. :D
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2005 at 01:27 PM

OMG! I just saw the movie "Set it Off" this past weekend for the first time (yeah, I know I'm about 10 years late). But, man! I watched the film about 4 times just to see Blair Underwood. Man, he was beautiful in that film!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2005 at 04:54 PM

Anyone planning to see 'Jarhead"? Not really into military movies but with the war going so badly in Iraq and the cloud over how it commenced. I am interested in even a screenplay delving into its story.
    Anyone planning to see 'Jarhead"? Not really into military movies but with the war going so badly in Iraq and the cloud over how it commenced. I am interested in even a screenplay delving into its story.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 14, 2005 at 04:26 PM

Sideways was a good movie. I would like to see Zorro and some other movies that are out right now.
Follow - email me when people comment