Whom should I date ? Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 02, 2006 at 10:50 PM

I?m a female student and I am seriously confused about my sexuality. I spend most of my social life getting drunk, so that I don?t have to face this problem. I have dated guys, but I never get very close to them. Girls make me feel safe and I can relate better to them. I may sound like I am straight and they are just best friend, but I recently met a girl at university and took an instant liking to her and dated her a few times ?that?s different to the way I feel about my other mater; I just want to be near her. I?d love to tell her about my feelings, but I don?t know her well enough and she can blab to other and made my life a misery.

Should I date men only, am I straight?

Kate Jones
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 15Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2006 at 12:35 PM

Samantha451 write:
    Yes patrick,
    Since he, as do you as well, has me at a disadvantage by several time zones, too late and after my post did I see that dear Brian had beaten me to the punch.
    Lol
    And I can see that you'd take Brian's correction in good humor. But I do want to say that, though we've had our differences of perspectives on some few topics in the past, I thank you for recognizing nothing ill intended in my gentile, good natured jibe at a faux pas that any of us might make.
    ;^)
    .....thank you for those remarks samantha, no offence taken x
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2006 at 12:15 PM

veronica2002 write:
    patrick20062000 write:

veronica writes you live your life in a way that pleases you, but ! millions of people throughout the world are living their lives in a way that pleases them and displeases god and are paying and will pay the price for that. live your life in a way that pleases god,and you may escape the destruction that is coming upon this world.
    [quote_message/]
    Patrick,
    Certainly the Lord Almighty can judge for himself whether or not one's lifestyle is displeasing to him.
    ...thats correct, he has judged ,is judging and will judge, let each one of us hope and pray that we do not come under his judgment.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 05:09 PM

patrick20062000 write:

veronica writes you live your life in a way that pleases you, but ! millions of people throughout the world are living their lives in a way that pleases them and displeases god and are paying and will pay the price for that. live your life in a way that pleases god,and you may escape the destruction that is coming upon this world.
    [quote_message/]

Patrick,

Certainly the Lord Almighty can judge for himself whether or not one's lifestyle is displeasing to him.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 04:13 PM

patrick20062000 write:
    yes that slip gave the message i was putting on the board a different meaning samantha, and when you are using scriptures to make your point you cant afford to make slips like that,and i got a slap on the wrist from brian66 as a reminder. oh dear !

Yes patrick,
    Since he, as do you as well, has me at a disadvantage by several time zones, too late and after my post did I see that dear Brian had beaten me to the punch.
    Lol
    And I can see that you'd take Brian's correction in good humor. But I do want to say that, though we've had our differences of perspectives on some few topics in the past, I thank you for recognizing nothing ill intended in my gentile, good natured jibe at a faux pas that any of us might make.
    ;^)
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 06, 2006 at 04:11 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    You know, Patrick20062000, this is an interesting subject. I think that it is a difficult question.
    We have all kinds of handicaps. I wonder if homosexuality would be considered a handicap.
    If you think about it, if she decided to be someone she's not, how fair would that be for the mate.
    If she came in this world as such, just as we came in as heterosexuals, there is no control over the matter. Was she sent here to go against her very nature?
    We know about the lesson of going against a person's nature, it makes people unhappy and sometimes lead to depression.
    I've got a feeling that there is a relationship between the fact that, in the heavens, there is neither male nor female and homosexuality. There must be some lesson to be learned here. But it is so difficult to decipher. With the increase of these type of people, the problem is begging for a solution.
    However, the safest thing to do is go with the Word of God? It's all we have.
    We are supposed to let our sun shine on everyone, but, be not unequally yoked together. But, homosexuals and bi-sexuals take a big chance on going against the Bible. We, also, know that heterosexuality is the productive aspect of man. There is no other.
    If people practiced not being unequally yoked together, the problem would be less pressing than it is today.
    There are some things going on in this world that also contribute to homosexuality and bi-sexuality, such as the prison system. All things are tied together. If magic is in practice in the authoritative positions, don't look for an effective solution from them.
    ...i completly agree with you midlove when you said the safest thing is to go with the word of god. amen to that !
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 06, 2006 at 04:00 AM

veronica2002 write:
    Kate Jones,
    You live your life in whatever way pleases you. I think you've already decided that you are a lesbian. As for what others have to say, people are going to have something negative to say about you until the day you die. So what?? And many of those same folks preaching religion to you about homosexuality will throw religion out the window when it comes to things like premarital, gender roles, judging others, etc.
    As long as you are not hurting another person, who is anyone else to judge? You live your life the way that feels right to you.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 06, 2006 at 03:47 AM

Samantha451 write:

Huh patrick??
    Looks like your FREUDIAN SLIP is showing.
    LOL
    yes that slip gave the message i was putting on the board a different meaning samantha, and when you are using scriptures to make your point you cant afford to make slips like that,and i got a slap on the wrist from brian66 as a reminder. oh dear !
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2006 at 03:58 AM

patrick20062000 write:
    ... stay with your own sex as god intended, ...

Huh patrick??

Looks like your FREUDIAN SLIP is showing.

LOL
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2006 at 03:09 PM

Kate Jones,

You live your life in whatever way pleases you. I think you've already decided that you are a lesbian. As for what others have to say, people are going to have something negative to say about you until the day you die. So what?? And many of those same folks preaching religion to you about homosexuality will throw religion out the window when it comes to things like premarital sex, gender roles, judging others, etc.

As long as you are not hurting another person, who is anyone else to judge? You live your life the way that feels right to you.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2006 at 02:52 PM

You know, Patrick20062000, this is an interesting subject. I think that it is a difficult question.

We have all kinds of handicaps. I wonder if homosexuality would be considered a handicap.

If you think about it, if she decided to be someone she's not, how fair would that be for the mate.

If she came in this world as such, just as we came in as heterosexuals, there is no control over the matter. Was she sent here to go against her very nature?

We know about the lesson of going against a person's nature, it makes people unhappy and sometimes lead to depression.

I've got a feeling that there is a relationship between the fact that, in the heavens, there is neither male nor female and homosexuality. There must be some lesson to be learned here. But it is so difficult to decipher. With the increase of these type of people, the problem is begging for a solution.

However, the safest thing to do is go with the Word of God? It's all we have.

We are supposed to let our sun shine on everyone, but, be not unequally yoked together. But, homosexuals and bi-sexuals take a big chance on going against the Bible. We, also, know that heterosexuality is the productive aspect of man. There is no other.

If people practiced not being unequally yoked together, the problem would be less pressing than it is today.

There are some things going on in this world that also contribute to homosexuality and bi-sexuality, such as the prison system. All things are tied together. If magic is in practice in the authoritative positions, don't look for an effective solution from them.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2006 at 09:35 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    If you were to stop and think for a minute, you're already telling everybody by giving your name on the world wide web. Plus, we can see where you're from. Can your friends access the web?
    Not to be rude, but, you should not drink and think, I mean, write too.
    >>>>>>>sensible advice from MIDLOVE but will the lady follow it ?....BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2006 at 09:30 AM

jonekate1 write:
    I?m a female student and I am seriously confused about my sexuality. I spend most of my social life getting drunk, so that I don?t have to face this problem. I have dated guys, but I never get very close to them. Girls make me feel safe and I can relate better to them. I may sound like I am straight and they are just best friend, but I recently met a girl at university and took an instant liking to her and dated her a few times ?that?s different to the way I feel about my other mater; I just want to be near her. I?d love to tell her about my feelings, but I don?t know her well enough and she can blab to other and made my life a misery.
    Should I date men only, am I straight?
    Kate Jones
    >>>>>>if you have posted this question on the religion forum because you WANTED the christian viewpoint then the answer is YES as a WOMAN you should date men only...BUT the worldwide TREND is to more and more IGNORE the NORM up to the point that GOD spoke off " ALL flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth " and JESUS said "as it was in the days of NOAH so it WILL BE also in the days of the coming of the son of man".....BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2006 at 08:52 AM

patrick20062000 write:
    well my first question is,is the religion forum the right place for this sort of question ?.but if you were seeking the christian teaching on your problem and really want a true answer,then the right answer is stay with your own sex as god intended, but how many people today follow gods instructions ?
    >>>>>>>>i think PATRICK meant to say choose the OPPOSITE sex as GOD intended...dear me !....BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2006 at 10:53 AM

well my first question is,is the religion forum the right place for this sort of question ?.but if you were seeking the christian teaching on your problem and really want a true answer,then the right answer is stay with your own sex as god intended, but how many people today follow gods instructions ?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2006 at 08:02 AM

If you were to stop and think for a minute, you're already telling everybody by giving your name on the world wide web. Plus, we can see where you're from. Can your friends access the web?

Not to be rude, but, you should not drink and think, I mean, write too.
Follow - email me when people comment