Who still believes in romance? Relationship Resume Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 09:54 AM

Any ideas on bring romance back to relationships?

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 10Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 13, 2014 at 01:53 PM

Not only believe in romance, I need it.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 07, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I believe in romance. When two people are together, in a relationship or marriage, when they support each other through life, through beautiful events and the bad events, when true love, then romance is really something nice. Walking through the streets, holding hands, unplanned kiss as a sign of attention and love while dancing sweet embrace, welcome home a loved one with a sweet surprise, prepared him something that he likes, kiss and say that he is your whole world. I believe in romance. I hope that I will find a soul mate, a person who knows how to love and be gentle and attentive to the woman like a snowflake, and in return will receive all my heart in the palm. It will be his. I believe in romance, I believe in true love ..... there must be, because the world would be meaningless without love.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2013 at 05:22 PM

I believe in romance, but finding it is the hard part. I am a laid back, chill kind of woman, but I am also ambitious and a go getter at the same time. I live in California, but I was born in the mid-west- Indiana). I was raised here, but still waters run deep, and I still have a lot of the down home, old school, "what's your rush?" mentality. I am not superficial, I just do my thing. People think of California, and they think of Kim Kardashian, Hollywood, and Disneyland. I live in the DESERT, nowhere near any of that stuff!...LOL. I would LOVE some old school romance; flowers, dinner, nice stroll on the beach, holding hands, kind of romance. TALK ON THE PHONE, NOT TEXT kind of romance. But we live in the age of technology, and too many things get lost in translation. Literally. 

• View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Hello everyone; I agree with all of you I also think people are trying to be more equal. I went out for coffee with a person and tried to open the door(car door, doors we enter, pull out chair) and I was told"you don't have to do that I am capable". Chivalry is not dead, but it's taken a beating. 

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Romance remains... The world is evolving (unfortunately) and those of us 'traditionalists' just have to be patient in this shallow fast info/fast food/fast love society. Intimacy is also cyber, as is sexting. Sad but unfortunately true. Hang in there....
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2011 at 06:59 PM

I truly believe in romance. Times have certainly changed especially in the dating world.

You're an old soul like myself. We know that getting to know one another on a deeper level,

learning about a person's interest over time and spending quality time together was

very stimulating without sex upfront.

There are soooo many single people. Many singles like myself would like to meet more people

of the opposite sex that  share similar values, have a positive mindset and a higher rate of

compatibility on various levels. 

I loved the days when you can get a letter in the mail, talk for hours on the phone, meet in person

and work together for longevity.   nyempress

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 09:24 PM

Blueys40 makes a great point! If a relationship is truely important to you slow down and make an effort to develop it.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2010 at 04:02 PM

(those people are right here) . 2 years into dating again i find it hard to compete with the cell phones .texting is no media for dating . no body talks anymore ,theres lot that gets lost when you can hear the outher persons voice. very sad .its hard to have romance in texting .we have become (now world, 5 min. ago your late )..people have no payshunts ..we all need to slow down breath and the romance will return .just saying
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 06, 2010 at 09:53 PM

On romance. Hey there are so many honest, smart and succesful woman out here til I dont understand why romance seems almost dead out here. I cant speak to every situation because guys have their sides too, but still romance is where its at.

Two people in a relationship/dating situation have tho power to make anything work. Sex is great but a best friend/lover that you know and trust is worth a hundred times more. Ladies! dont give up we do need you its just a lot of us guys are stupid about the subect. I love to date a romanic woman and yes sex comes whenever it comes, just enjoy the time together.

• View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2010 at 03:41 AM

I do, but the word is more cliche than anything else these days. Can't even get a real date anymore without the question of a night cap. Why? What has happened to the good old days when a woman was honored when a man would ask them out? Or at the end of the date, the fear of rejection would weigh more than the need for intimacy? Now a days, its just known before you even reach the door, that we may or may not have a one night stand or if all else fails...we can go the club and get laid. What happened to the traditional sense of dating, when a rose was offered along with an invitation to the show or even a date at the ice cream parlor, not even thinking that the word sex would be mentioned. I would do anything to be back in those days...or that generation when the idea of dating was more than just a way to get possibly make a baby. Where are those traditional people?

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment