Weight lost Health Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 07:19 PM

The South Beach Diet does work very well. My sister and I are both on it.The first 2 weeks can be kind of hard because it doesn't include many food choices,but its alot easier once you hit phase 2.
    If not just eating right and excercise will work too.Also I agree with the person who said that you shouldn't eat after 6,that'll help alot too. Goodluck!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 03:50 AM

I agree...eat breakfast, walk to your favorite music, drink plenty of water, avoid eating before bed (at least 4-5 hours).

Start gradually, start with adjusting what and how you eat...
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 20, 2005 at 06:19 PM

i have went from 270 down to 225 since november and am still losing.. basically try and make sure i eat breakfast ..dont do lunch to often..stay away from the colas and fast food as much as possible and walk..maybe 2 mi every other day..( i go to the lake a lot.. but im not really on a diet and it seems to be working for me-- good luck
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 13, 2005 at 09:27 PM

My stagety of 'Eat less, move more' was working for a few weeks. I would work out an hour a day. I purchased 'Slim in 6' last year...but didnt commit. Still havent totally commited.

I'll start again tomorrow
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2005 at 09:48 PM

OK OK OK ..... Watermelon Is sweet And Quite Glycemic On The GI Scale .. It's Also Not Extremely Nutritious, .. although It does Contain potassium And Lycopene .... But .... It Is Advisable Not to eat Watermelon On an empty Stomach Or you Will Jack Up Your blood sugar levels Very High ... But .... Watermelon Is Fat Free ..... And High In Energy, Making Watermelon A Great Energy Booster ................................... Watermelon Can Help Reduce The Risk Of Prostate Cancer .... Watermelon Has Excellent Levels Of vitamins, .. A ... B6 ... And C ................................. Hummmmmmmmmmmm With Just A 2 Cup Serving Of Watermelon ... It contains 80 Calories, 2 Grams Of dietarty Fiber, 25% Of The daily Value Of Vitamin C, ... 20% Of The value Of vitamin A ...... and 25 grams Of Sugar And 1 grams Of Protein ...... Watermelon Can Help Prevent Night Blindness, It Can Also Help The Immune System's Defenses Against Infections And Viruses, ...... Watermelon Is also used by The body to Manufacture .... {NEUROTRANSMITTERS} Such As ..... Serotinin, melatonin, And Dopamine, Which ..... Preliminary Research Shows ............... May Help The Body To Cope With Anxiety And Panic ....................................... .................................................. Please Let Me know How Helpful All This Was For You, After you Have Eaten Watermelon For 2-1/2 Weeks ......... Or More .......................... ................................................. .................................................. ............. OK007 .....................
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 03, 2005 at 10:53 PM

The best route to weight loss is to exercise and make minor changes to the way you eat.

The most significant change you can make is to cut the number of fast food/pre-packaged meals you eat in a week and make wiser choices when eating out. And the changes need not be drastic. For example, when going to the movies, instead of ordering nachos, order pretzels. Even with the cheese, you?ll save about 1400 calories.

Another thing you should do is eat 4-5 times a day. This is will increase your metabolism. When you eat fewer meals, your body thinks it needs to store more fat for energy.

Also, make sure that you are getting enough water. You should have about 1 oz of fluid per 2 lbs. of body weight to avoid dehydration. This doesn?t have to be water but you should aspire to drink at least one litre per day. The secret is that sometimes your mind mistakes dehydration for hunger so when you?re dehydrated you tend to eat more. Plus more water = better skin and circulation.

In terms of exercise, try to do a 5 minute stretch/tone per day and alternate between 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of toning for 6 days each week.

You may not lose weight as quickly as you would with any of the fad diets, but you?ll definitely keep it off and you?ll feel great.

Most importantly, remember to take it one day at a time. If you have a bad day, just start over the next.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 03, 2005 at 09:28 PM

Breakfast. Lunch, And Dinner... There Is Alot Of Hummm ... So Called Diets Out There , BUT eating WATERMELON And FILLING yourself UP On WATERMELON Will BYPASS All Other Diets Out There That Your Money Will Buy .... Watermelon Has Many Powerful Antioxidant Capabilities And Can Help To Prevent Certain Diseases ... You Can Continue With This Diet As Long As You Feel Good About Your Weight Loss , And The Secret Is That You Will Burn More Calories Then What You Take In .... We All Have Somekind Of A Bad Eating Habit , No Matter If ,It,Is, Anorexia Nervosa, Alcohl, Or, If Every Meal Must Be Like A Thanksgiving Dinner, Or Just A Little Addiction To Chocolate Cuisine With Coconuts On The Top .... We All Know That Raw Fresh Fruits And Vegetables Are Good for Us ... But many times We Cook Or Over Cook Them ... But It's Not Likly That Anyone Is Going To Cook Watermelon And Eat Hot Watermelon .... So what Ever The Time Of Day .... Go On .... And Fill Yourself Up With Watermelon ... But ... It's Best To Eat Long Befor Bedtime ..... Please Take Notice ..... If you Have A Job As A Wine Taster ... Well This Diet Is Not For You .
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 02, 2005 at 10:08 PM

"after 6" works..you can eat all you want the whole day but after 6 in the evening, you can't eat anymore..
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2005 at 12:52 AM

I Have Been A Chef For A Long Time Now ........ And When I Am Working ..... Everywere I Look I See Food .... Food here There And Everywere .... and A Lot Of People Ask : how Come Your Not Fat with All This Food Around You ? ............. Well I Eat Just About Anything I Want ..... With In Reson .... Knowing what Good And Bad Foods Are ...and using food As A Medicine helps ..................... But When I Get Home and Take My Shoes Off ..... ....... Well The Only Thing I Eat .. the Only Thing I Eat ..... Is ... WATERMELON ...... If You Was To Do The Same ..... Well You Would Notice After 2-1/2 Weeks, You Will Just Start To Have Some Weight Lost ....... But Please Do Not Stop There ...... Keep Up With It ....... And Please Do Not Buy A Cup Of Watermelon ....... You Go Out And Get The Biggest watermelon You Can Find .... And When Thats Gone, .. Go Out And find A Bigger Watermelon ...... This Will Work .... No Matter If You Work Out Or Not ................. But Please ........ No junk Foods .... Fill Yourself Up with Watermelon .... Till You can't Eat Anymore Or anything Eles ...................... Let Me Know How Much You Have Losted .
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2005 at 12:18 PM

Hi! Just wondering if maybe you could share your dieting story with me(us)!! I'm having a hard time deciding and committing to a plan cuz I know its a change in lifestyle vs. "a diet" and I keep talking myself out of doing anything...fear of failure, I suppose! My last attempt was Dr. Phil....??Thanks 4 reading my message. Loux2
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2005 at 03:06 PM

Check out the South Beach diet. It is healthy and works.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 14, 2005 at 03:48 PM

Everyone is different, but I lost 20 lbs by running and playing racquetball, drinking a gallon of water a day, and not taking in more than 1,200 calories per day by eating only frozen meat ravioli, believe it or not. I've only gained back about 5-7 lbs and it's been 2 years.
Follow - email me when people comment