Weight lost Health Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Sep 21, 2005 at 04:51 PM

....... Suger And Spice .......... I Don't Care What Anyone Saids ....... As To All The Many Resons ....... That Others May Try To Give That ......... Or Why They Can Not Eat Watermelon ........... If Anything ...... I ....... Think It's Because ........ If ...... They Were To Eat It ...... In The Ways ....... That I ..... Have Talked About Here ........ They Will Find Out First Hand .......... That The Weight Will Fall Off ........................ Let's Face It, ............ The Only Way It's Not Going To Work, ....... Is, If, You Do,Positively, "NOTHING" .................... So, Suger And Spice .......... Because, You Are, Now, Not Only Talking About Taking The Weight Off .......................... "WELL" ........ This Shows Me .............. In So Many Words .......... That You Are Going To Do Something About It ........ Starting Today, ......... Someone Came To Me ........ Only ......... Because ......... Well ........ Let's Just Say .......... "The Word Is Out" ................ About Me And All The Many ....... Works That I Have Done In The Pass ........... The Goodthing Is ........... Is That ....... They All ........ "WORK" .......... The Only .... Way ...... That It, Is, Not, Going To Work ...... Is, It, You, Go Back ....... To The Same Old Thing That You Been Doing ....... OK ............. "WELL" ....... Anyway ......... This Guy That Came To Me Today ...... His Weight Is About 600lb. ........ I Know I Have My Hands Full As, It, Is, .............. But As Long As He Is Willing ............... "WELL" I Am Willing To Help Him Too .............. But At The Same Time ....... I Have ..... Some More Good News For You ...... I Am Also Going To Help You With Your Being Borderline Diabetic .......... If You Go To The Forum = "Mind,Body, And Spirt" .... And Look Up My Post On = July 27-2005 ............ You Will Find Some Help There ......... However, I Will Be Putting ...... More Post On By The Weekend ................... Also There Is Other Post There That You Will Find Supporting And Helpful ....... So, Take What You Need, And Leave The Rest For Others ................. ................................................................... ................................ OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 20, 2005 at 11:01 PM

That?s a great idea about the watermelons, but I wonder cause I just found out today that because of my weight, I'm borderline diabetic. Never had to deal with that - don't know anything about it, but I know if I act to take off the weight I've gained over the years, everything will be fine... I've looked at the South Beach (tried it for a week) but I'm going to try OA (overeaters anonymous) cause I use food as comfort to handle stresses. Thanks for the ideas guys, next week is my first meeting... should be interesting.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 20, 2005 at 10:22 AM

Changing your life style is better than following a diet.

Smaller portions work, and there is nothing wrong with eating small meals several times a day instead of a big one and snacks here and there.

The equation is simple:

If Calories eaten > Calories spent => weight gain

If Calories eaten < Calories spent => weight loss

And the best way to control the amount of calories you eat is by keeping your portions as small as possible, and eating stuff that fills you up but doesn't have many Calories.

Which means chocolates, cakes and such should be banned from your diet most days.

And exercise, of course. Running is great, but just walking 40 mins. in the afternoon is good--and it helps with your mood.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 29, 2005 at 02:14 AM

....... Now ..... Bleueyze2 .... Hmmmm ....... I Think You Know Why.... You Can't Eat Watermelon ... With Wine, Beer, Or Anything Else Like That Is Because ..... "Well" .... Let Me Say It Like This ...... If Thats What Your Going To Do ..... Well Go Ahead ....... But When You Get Dressed For The Day ..... Only Get Dressed In A Bathrobe ..... With Nothing Under It .... And For Your Feet ..... "Well" Put On Padded Anle, Leather Upper RubberFast Very Fast Running Sole Shoes .... And If Anyone Gets In Your Way, Run Them The "Hell" Over ....... Now, I Think You Understand Now ..... Now .... On To Grapfruit Juice .............. Grapefruit Juice Suppresses A Crucial Enzyme In The Body, Which Can Have Have Dangerous Consequences In People Who Are Taking Any Medications ...... But Once Once Again, It's The Foods Getting Blamed Here, Not The Drugs, ...... But A More Correct Description Is,That, The Interaction Would Be That The Drugs Are Interfering With The Health--Enhancing Grapefruit Juice ....... Now, Sometime Ago ...... I Ended Up Drinking A Gallon Of Grapefruit Juice A Day ....... And Went From 215 To 145 ....... It Was Ok ....... Because I Wasn't On Any Meds ......... Or Beer ....... But For Me The Watermelon Is The Better Way To Go ........ And For Less Money Too ............ Now That Ruby Red Has Gone Up .... And The way I See It ..... A Giass Of Ruby Red A Day ...... Is Not going To Do It ........................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2005 at 06:29 AM

ok007, your post about eating watermelon...

Please Take Notice ..... If you Have A Job As A Wine Taster ... Well This Diet Is Not For You .

why is that ?

also i heard grapefruit is a good diet source ? do you know anything about that ?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2005 at 02:02 AM

.......... 50 To 60 lbs ........ Islanddancer ....... Now That's What It's All About, ....... That's What It's All About, "Please", Keep Us All Posted, On How Things Are Going ....... And Keep Up The Good Work .................... .......................................................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2005 at 12:31 PM

Move a lot....do an activity you enjoy so you will be consistent....

Eat smaller portions..so you can eat what you enjoy but not so much of it.
    If you need to cut something complete
    ly out of your diet do so and move on.

I've lost about 50-60 lbs. by pretty much following these 2 guidelines..got more to lose....
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 02, 2005 at 06:22 AM

......... There's A growing Group Of People who Leap From One Weight loss Fad To Another, In search Of The One Thing That's Going To Finally Help Them Lose Weight Without Having To Alter The Foods They Eat, ....... People Don't Want To Give Up Pizza, Icecrean, And, Fast Foods, And They Sure Don't Have Time To Go Out And Exercise On A Regular Basis, ......... So The Short Cuts Market Is Aboslutely Astounding = $ 9.4 Billion Was Spent Last Year On Cosmetic Suggery Alone, And Hundreds Of Millions More Were Spent On Weight Loss Pills, ............ ... Fat Burning Nutritional Supplemnents, And Low-Carb Foods ........... It;s A Tremendous Market, And The Public Seems To Be To Be More Then Willing To Keep Spending Money On These Items, Even ......Though The Real Answers Are To Be Found In Something Entirely Different .................................................. ................................................................... ...............................
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 02, 2005 at 05:18 AM

.......... Everybody wants To Lose Weight, But When Most Peole Say They Want To Lose Weight, What They Realy Mean Is They Want To Lose Weight Without Altering Their Current Lifestyle, .............................. They Want To Lose Weight Without Changing The Foods That They Eat ...................... Or Without Getting Up Off The couch ........ Turning Off The Television ........ And Engaging In Regular Physical Exercise .................. Not Surisingly, There Is A Huge Market That Offers Shorts Cuts To Wiight Loss, Through Cosmetic Surgery, Diet Pills. Nutritional Suppleements, And Various Diets, Such As At------- Kins Diet ................................................. ....................................
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 31, 2005 at 03:11 PM

........ The Reality Of Weight Lost Is That There Are No shortcuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Can Have Cosmetic Surgery To Remove Fat From Your Thighs ......... Or The Back Of Your Arms ..... But If You Continue Eating the Way You've Been Eating ...... Your Body Will Just Deposit The Fat Somewhere Else On Your Body-Usually In A Place That Looks Even Stranger Then When It Was On Your Hips ................................. Even If The Cosmetic Surgery Works Out For You ........... It Doesn't Alter Your Blood Chemistry ................. Your Cardiovascular Health .......... Or Your Level Of Physical Fitness .................... Meaning That You Are ............. Just As Unhealthy After The Surgery AS You Were Before ....... Even Though You May Physically Show Less Body Fat ................ Something Similar Is True With Foods As Well ..................... Many People Continue To Eat A diet High In "Refinded Carbohydrates ...... Added sugars ..... and Corn Syrup ..... Then In An Attenpt To Lose Weight .... They Will Take A Couple Of Weight Loss Pills Each Day .............................. And Hope These Pills Will Some How Counteract The Entire Day Of Eating Unhealthy ................................... Junk--Promoting Foods ........... But It ...... "Just Doesn't Work That Way" .......................................................................... ................................................................
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 18, 2005 at 11:04 PM

.......... Please .... If Anyone Is Going To Eat Watermelon ..... Like I Have Talked About In My Other Posts ........... No Matter How Many Weeks & Every Day Use, For Diet OR Liver, ......................... You Must Give Up Any And All Forms, Of Alcohol ...... If You Do This With The Alcohol .... Well ..... That Would Be To Much Like Driving Your Car, With One Foot On The Gas ............ And The Other Foot On The Brakes ................... At The Same Time
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2005 at 07:41 AM

........ "Why Yes" ......... "Silver" ............... This Will Work ....... But Just Keep In Mind ...... That You Will Be Eating Much More Watermelon, Then You Have Eaten In The Pass ....... And That It's Going To Take 2-1/2 Weeks Before It Starts To Kick In, But Don't Stop There Keep Up With It ................. It Would Also Be Helpful To Re-read My Other Post On This Forum ........... And Then Put 2&2 Together, As To How You Can Make This Work For You, ......... Just Keep In Mind, After The 2-1/2 Weeks = Is When All The Fun Starts
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2005 at 07:50 PM

"YES" ....... Keihan ...... Welcome To The Forums ...... And Thank You For Your Input On The Watermelon .... .. ......... "YES" .... It, Is, True ...... But As Sad, As It May Sound ...... I Find, That Most People Have Very Bad Eating-Habits ..... That They Don't Want To Give Up ..... Now If, We Took Care Of Our Body's The Same Way That We Take Care Of Our Cars ........ Well ...... Then, Our Goal Would Be To Keep Your Vehicle Running Efficently, With Less Breakdowns ...... Or Repairs ...... So, Think Of It Like This = When You Get Your Oil Changed In Your Car, You Also Get Your Filter Changed, As Well, ............. From All My Research In Watermelon, As, To, Why, It, Works, .. Is, Because The Watermelon Cleans Your Liver, Much, The Same Way, Your Oil Filter Cleans Your Oil, And Gets Rid Of The Dirt, ....... The Liver, Loves Watermelon, .................. I Find ,,, That Once You Get Your Liver Cleaned, Everything Eles In Your Body, Will Run Very Efficiently, .. So ..... I Ask .... You ..... When Was The Last Time ....... You Took The Time ...... Out ...... To Clean Your Liver, ...... Well, Watermelon Season Is Apon Us ...... Whats, Stoping You Now ? ...................................................... .................................
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2005 at 11:47 AM

LMAO at OK007! What he says is true though ladies. I have heard it before.

Especially the watermelon diet. Remember, watermelon is tasty and filling but will not cause weight gain. It also contains a lot of antioxidants. A watermelon's weight is mostly water, so you get a healthy fluid intake from it as well.

I wouldn't suggest eating it all day long, but I would say eat a healthy breakfast containing whole grains and nuts, a decent lunch and then in the evening some fresh fruits, vegetables and watermelon.

Anytime in between where you feel like snacking, eating watermelon, grapes or cherries will help fill the void without adding carbs, fat or many calories. And they are very healthy for you ;)
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 01, 2005 at 08:20 AM

Vespere828 write:
    I have to agree with the excersize comments, and with the fact that you should really start slowly. If you try and jump into a plan that is the complete opposite of anything you have ever done , you are only increasing the failure rate. Instead of feeling like the diet failed you, you end up feeling like you failed yourself. The hardest part is getting the first couple weeks, once you start to see results, it's a lot easier to stay on track.

You're right on about starting out slowly if you don't typically exercise, and don't expect results overnight. It took me two weeks of cutting carbs to really start noticing a difference. If you notice a plateau after loosing alot of inches or weight quickly, just change your routine to add more of a challenge to different muscle groups.
  • View author's info Posted on May 27, 2005 at 10:02 PM

OH ..... Yes ....... Please Be Careful When Useing Emu Oil ..... Because It Has Been Known To Make People Look .... 20 Years Younger ..... As For Myself, I Do Have A Fear Of Emu Oil .. ....... Only Because I Know How Powerfull .... Emu Oil Is ....................... And At The Age Of 54 .... I End Up Still Getting Carded Every Now And Then ........ So I Don't Want To End Up Looking Like A Little Baby ................... But For Anyone Who Has A Real Good Reson To Use It ................. Yes .... This Powerfull Stuff ...... Will Work ........ And It Will Do Things For You .... That Your Doctor ..... Can't .................. So Please ......... Be Careful With Emu Oil ........... And Make Sure Your Ready ..... To See .... And Like The New Person You Will Become ........... .......................................................... "YES" IT'S TRUE .............. LOL .... ............ OK007 ....... LOL ..... P.S. ...... If You Would Like To Use EMU OIL ..... Well .... Try Taking Before And After Photos Of Yourself ........ Just As, If, .. You Would For A Diet ...... Only Because ..... I Know ..... You Will End Up .... With A New You ...... And Sometimes It's Good To Look Back On The Old You And ........ {SMILE}
  • View author's info Posted on May 26, 2005 at 01:58 PM

Wow, all that and more, thanks. The article I read also made the point that the reason why emus survived, out of all the dinosaurs , was because its fat protected it from the harsh environment. blah..blah.
    Right, I'm off to buy a gallon of EMU oil..

Cheers, Ok007. ;o)
  • View author's info Posted on May 26, 2005 at 06:01 AM

Hi ......... Stellar ...... It, Is, Funny That You Would Ask Me, Of All People About Emu Oil ...... Only Because Emu Oil .. Is Something Which I Came Across .. By Acc. Back In Feb. 2005 .... Everyone That Knows Me .... Also Knows ..... That I Will Fine Herbs .... To Use ..... Before Or After Seeing The Doc. ........... But when I was Helping A Friend ... With thier Sickness ...... I Came Acoss Emu Oil ...... Some People Call It The Oil Of "The Oil Of The Gods" .......................... It, Is, Pure, Organic, And A Natural Product ...... That Helps With Crippling Arthitis, Joint Pain, And Muscle Pain, And Will Eliminate Your Worst Pain, Almost Instantly you'll Find It Will Give You Pain Reduction For Hips, Knee, Foot, Shoulder, Chest, Braest, Joints, Jaw, Fingers, Neck, Arm, Heel, Nerve, Hand, And Bone Pains ........................................... But It Has Also Been Used For Anti-Aging, Growth Hormone, Immune Support, Hair Thickener, Hangover Remedy, Lymph Glands Hearing And Emu Oil Will Let You Say Good-By To Wrinkles, Eczema, Acne, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Rosacea, And Thiers More The List Of Things Goes On And On ................ Emu Oil Just Came To The USA 2 Years Ago ...... And It Is Not Well Known To Alot Of People ..... Because It Is So New .......................... But If You Can Not Get It In Your Oun Town ....Well ...... You Can Find It On E-------B-----A-----Y======== OK007
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2005 at 02:22 PM

Hi All,
    (seems like common sense)..but I find the best way to burn fat is by doing an activity I love. i.e. I love skating and I love Yoga. I don't feel that I'm working out/burning off fat, as opposed to going to the gym (not that going to the gym is a bad thing), just never stimulated me enough to achieve my goal, rather more like a routine. But with Yoga it stimualtes my mind and body, and healthy eating, blah, blah...And it speeds up your metabolism no matter what the age.

Stank: I thought Janet Jackson said 7:30pm. Hehehe!

OK007: I really appreciate your posts. Can I ask, is it true? I read an article about EMU oil, being a great relief for pain. Are you familiar on this theory?

Stellar
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2005 at 02:35 PM

EXERCISE,EXERCISE, EXERCISE. And there are two schools of thought on what type of diet you should partake of. One is low fat, the other is low carb. I do better on the low carb. I do allow myself a tortilla or bread item each day. No potatoes, rice, pasta, cakes, pies, etc. I'm trying not to eat any processed flour. I do use olive oil, butter, and dairy products. Even without doing more exercise I see more definition in all areas of my body in three weeks time. Of coarse multi-vitamins and extra C every day. Clear liquids, no soda. And I usually don't eat dinner. But for me if I work out after work, I'm not hungry, I'M THIRSTY. It is also true not to stop eating, that only puts your body into a reverse mode of hoarding the caleries it has stored in fat.
Follow - email me when people comment