What is the difference between Christianity and Islam? Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Jul 28, 2006 at 02:12 PM

veronica2002 write:

Patrick, I take it you are a Christian.
    Thanks for the response but I was looking for a more straightforward answer presented with facts and not based on personal or religious bias.
    Anyone here familiar enough with the Koran and islamic teachings to explain the major differences between Islam and Christianity?
    veronica wants someone to explain the major differences between islam and christianity ?. well i have a strong feeling that brian66 could give a better answer than me, however i will list the obvious differences,the major one as veronica has already stated and is known to most people is the teaching and beleif about jesus. christianity teaches that jeses is gods son, islam teaches that jesus is not gods son, and that god does not have a son, thereby making the god of the old and new testanent a liar. the koran falsley says it honours the prophets of the old testament and beleives they were inspired by god ,and yet do not beleive the messages they teach regarding gods son, that must be very confusing for them indeed. the teachings of christianity is that god blessed, and acted through abraham and then through isaac and his line, the teachings of islam is that allah blessed abraham and then acted through ishmael and his line, the teachings of christianity is that god created man from the dust of the ground, the teachings of islam is that allah created man from a clot of blood, and so on and so on. the unlearned may think that these differences are not all that important, and what is important is their common beleifs,well that is wrong jesus is the stumbling block to jews and muslims, but a secure anchor to to born again christians in the turbulant times we are going through, and no veronica that is not religious bias, it is a firm beleif of born again christians who beleive the testimonies of god and jesus.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 27, 2006 at 08:20 AM

you want facts veronica from someone who is familiar with the QURAN ? well i hope i fit the bill, BUT are you yourself familiar with what the QURAN teaches and also what the BIBLE teaches, do you have a good sound knowledge of both ? because if you dont then you are in no position to form accurate judgements of what is or is not the truth before GOD ,and to assume that PATRICK has no knowledge of the QURAN and is only speaking from religious bias or giving his own opinions, without really knowing PATRICK is very presumptious and foolish of you, you said you wanted FACTS just point out ONE thing that PATRICK said that is NOT a FACT and is not TRUE before GOD....BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 26, 2006 at 04:36 PM

patrick20062000 write:
    the bible and the quran are as different as real and false or gehuine and fake or reality and illussion.

Patrick, I take it you are a Christian.

Thanks for the response but I was looking for a more straightforward answer presented with facts and not based on personal or religious bias.

Anyone here familiar enough with the Koran and islamic teachings to explain the major differences between Islam and Christianity?
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2006 at 08:17 AM

veronica2002 write:
    Besides the fact that Christians believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and Muslims believe he was just amother prophet, how exactly do the Bible and Koran differ in their teachings?
    With all the religious fighting going on in the world, each side claiming that their religion is the correct one, I often wonder if there is truth to BOTH religions and maybe neither one has ALL of the correct answers.
    In what ways are the Bible and Koran similar and in what ways do they differ in their teachings?
    the bible and the quran are as different as real and false or gehuine and fake or reality and illussion.
Follow - email me when people comment