What is the difference between Christianity and Islam? Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 24, 2006 at 05:25 PM

Besides the fact that Christians believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and Muslims believe he was just amother prophet, how exactly do the Bible and Koran differ in their teachings?

With all the religious fighting going on in the world, each side claiming that their religion is the correct one, I often wonder if there is truth to BOTH religions and maybe neither one has ALL of the correct answers.

In what ways are the Bible and Koran similar and in what ways do they differ in their teachings?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 23Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2006 at 12:56 PM

all the empty talk about muslims honouring jesus as a prophet falls flat on its face when they say say that GOD has no son,when JESUS was asked the direct question "are you the son of GOD he answered I AM, the QURAN says that GOD has no son,are they then saying that JESUS is a liar or mad ,if so where is the honouring there ? ? ?...the muslims make many quotations from the old testament, and supposedly pay respect and reverance to many patriachs and prophets in the old testament, and there is where it states clearly (for any person who has some sort of understanding of the meaning of words) that GOD has a son PSALM 2:7 i will declare the decree: the LORD sath said unto me ,thou art my SON ;this day have i begotten thee, ask of me, and i shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession . but the muslim dome of the rock has written around it the words GOD HAS NO SON..where is the honour for GOD or JESUS there ? ? ? the QURAN also mentions the angel GABRIEL and give him honour as an angel of GOD , why then do they not hear his words ST LUKE1:30-32 And the ANGEL said unto her,fear not Mary :for thou hast found favour with GOD 31 And behold,thou shalt conceive in thy womb ,and bring forth a son and shalt call his name JESUS 32. he shall be great,and shall be called the SON of the highest,,,,35 ,,,,therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the SON OF GOD. so if the muslims really beleive that GABRIEL was an angel sent by GOD ,why dont they beleive his words concerning JESUS ? ? ?...BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2006 at 01:09 PM

Absolutely Brian66, I guess Muhammed overlooked that as well. But, how could that have happened? That's a mystery.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 15, 2006 at 12:17 PM

and most can never be called HOLY war but only UNHOLY war because there is nothing about them that is holy .......BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 19, 2006 at 01:25 PM

I am not going to keep correcting paragraphs that don't get posted the way I presented it; but, here is a correction of the following paragraph.

This problem has nothing to do with imperfections. As we drive, we may accidentally veer one way or another crossing the line; but, our aim in life is what will point us towards our resulting destination. We have the ability to make adjustments along the way. Under no conditions would I call a clash, between groups of this character, Holy War.

There must be a computer glitch that doesn't transfer every word.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2006 at 11:34 PM

MIDLOVE write:
    We all start off learning and driving wrecklessly. But, as we age, we are suppose to increase in maturity, choosing mature destinations and steering towards them in a more controlled and accurate manner as much as possible. Maturity is expressed by how we drive.

i excel in auto-pilot and make every pit stop count...and only observe the rules of the road when in gridlock.....
    and never go anywhere w/o my smokey snooper......

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2006 at 02:58 PM

Because Muhammad called Jesus a Prophet, he must not have known that Jesus ask that we turn the other cheek versus an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth (the old order). It makes me wonder how much he knew about Jesus. This problem could be the underlying issue that separates the Muslims and the Christians, but not the only underlying issue. When one drives cautiously, this problem is easily corrected.

The other underlying issue is the fact that many proclaimed Christians do not act like Christians. Based on my belief, Christians are those that follow the teachings of Christ. Because the Bible has been thrown out of public buildings or that is, not accepted in government activities, the nation is no longer a Christian nation, unless they're implying that Jesus had a change of mind and never told anyone, but the authorities. That would be unacceptable. This problem is not easily corrected, if power is the main issue.

I see the issue surrounding Christians as the most chaotic, due to its deception. The Bible appears to be used to enhance a reputation amongst the blind. There is no book to reference for an explanation of their behavior, other than the Bible, which states that Satan is the god of this world (meaning system of things).

This problem has nothing to do with imperfections. As we drive, we may accidentally veer one way or another crossing the line; but, our in life is what will point us towards our resulting destination. We have the ability to make adjustments along the way. Under no conditions would I call a clash, between groups of this character, Holy War.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2006 at 01:57 PM

I had to correct a mistake on the last post. I wrote it correctly the first time and then copied it to my computer. But, for some reason, a word dissappeared. I am very cautious about words dissappearing; because the government claimed that I do this as a result of a mental dissorder. I have no idea why a word would dissappear after I submit and check my writings.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2006 at 01:55 PM

Hinderance of Truth part 2:

I think it is safe to say most people fail to progress beyond the thoughts of their ancestors. But, it was written in the Bible that we should check to see if the things known are still true. This is like driving down the road and constantly checking to see if you are still in the right lane and going in the right direction. That parable of Jesus, concerning the mustard seed, which represented truth and was the smallest seed in the garden, would grow to be the most obvious overtime. How would we know? By observation, research, debate, meditation, metaphysical nature, demeanor and by adaptation to what is so.

Things that aren't true have a tendency to hit a snare over time. But, how would you know, unless you present it for examination? How would you progress as a people, unless you seek Truth in all matters? Christians, non-religious and Muslims have shown to be alike in this manner.

How good is it to cling to a man versus Truth? A computer is as sophisticated as its software.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 17, 2006 at 12:01 PM

We all start off learning and driving wrecklessly. But, as we age, we are suppose to increase in maturity, choosing mature destinations and steering towards them in a more controlled and accurate manner as much as possible. Maturity is expressed by how we drive.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 17, 2006 at 11:52 AM

Hinderance of Truth Part 1

It is a shame that one cannot express himself without the threat of violence. The Pope, not that I follow him, mentioned a conversation, from a book, between 14th century Byzantine Christian Emperor Manuel Paleologos II and an educated Persian concerning the truths of Christianity and Islam.
    "The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war", the pope said. "He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'

Sometime after the speech, the Muslims expressed anger by burning down churches. Churches that believe in one God and sincerely seek His wisdom are a symbol of unity. Not all churches fit this category and I won't elaborate on which ones do or don't. However, one thing remains clear, those Muslims that burned those churches used the sword, not the word, which is sometimes used as a sword, but the symbol of a physical sword.

As I mentioned earlier, Muhammad said that Jesus was a Prophet Therefore, Muslims should, at all times, respect the teachings of Jesus and all those that follow those teachings or assume that Muhammad mistaken Jesus as a Prophet. There is no way around it.

The Pope, on the other hand, made this speech at a very sensitive time; however, I don't know of any time that isn't sensitive between Christians and Muslims.

Usually, when one responds with violence versus truth, they are weak in presenting a solid case in their defense, which means error or failure to think before one acts. Was Jesus wrong, when he said not to use the physical sword? The link between Muslims and Christians seem to be disrespectfully weak or ignored.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 13, 2006 at 01:59 PM

chrizzz write:
    I thought X-tians belived 3 Gods-= 1 and muslims only worship 1.

I thought somebody else would answer your question. However, from my perspective, it seems to me that many faiths have their own version of the Godhead, just as Ford, Chevy, Chrysler and more come out with their version of a car. But, if you don't try to bring God down to the level of man, the different versions i've heard can be combined to tell the full truth.

God can split up and become anything he wants to become and still be in his proper position to run the universe. He became a man (Emanuel, meaning God with us), an angel and a fire in a burning bush. Where three are gathered in his name, there he is in the mix. He is both near and far. Before Him, there was nothing but Him and the Word; but yet, we all came from Him.

To divide up the characteristics of God and present it as another faith is division that encourages division. But yet, it is supposed to be about unity and taking the whole Bible for what it says, sorting out and solving contradictions.

At about 20 years old, I said, to myself, "Whoever has the description of the Godhead correct is the true church". I didn't yet know what I was up against.

I am not familiar with all the many faiths that exist in the world. But, of the ones that I have associated with over the years, all say that there is one God. Beanpie, who lays claim to the Quran, believes in one God until someone more powerful replaces him. That is more than one God.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 11, 2006 at 02:16 PM

patrick20062000 write:
    perhaps he may consider contributing something to this topic ?

be careful of what you wish for.... he excelled in 'cut and paste' intellectualism with more than credible literary material, but pretty much 'fouled' himself with distorted rhetoric.......

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 09, 2006 at 06:46 PM

I thought X-tians belived 3 Gods-= 1 and muslims only worship 1.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 02, 2006 at 09:30 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    Beanpie is still here and kicking, which is good news. I seen "Online/chat" next to his name.
    perhaps he may consider contributing something to this topic ?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2006 at 03:29 PM

Beanpie is still here and kicking, which is good news. I seen "Online/chat" next to his name.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 31, 2006 at 11:21 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    An interaction between me and beanpie:
    "We do not worship the same God, based on the scripture written in John.
    Beanpie write:
    "THERE IS ONLY "ONE" SUPREME BEING."
    Who is he, what is his name and how long does he live?
    ***Allah, the Supreme Being***
    how long does he live?
    ***I BELIE E, SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS THEN HE IS REPLACED WHEN ONE HAVING THE SAME OR MORE POWER, COMES ALONG-- "
    veronica2002, I understand your curiosity. I wondered the same myself. It helps in understanding how to relate to others, when attempting to get a point across.
    However, based on the interaction between me and beanpie, it looks like the wisdom of one can't hold up to the wisdom of another. Beanpie would have been beneficial for you; but, it appears that he has gone or given up, which is another weak sign. Being that he is very informed about a lot of things sheds even more light on the fact that he may be misdirected.
    But, my questions are, "Could it be all wrong?"; "Could there be additional information that could be helpful? and "Is there information within the Koran that could shed light on its own inaccuracy, without a comparison to the Bible?"
    With the absence of Beanpie, we may never get the answers here. If one were to observe Beanpie's experience on this forum, they would know that they would have to be confident and expressive enough to have a chance at a valid argument.
    If you stand behind something you know is right and you are a humanitarian, you don't give up; You lay the matter down on the table and proceed. The Truth will provide the motivation and see your way through.
    ------ even if beanpie where here midlove we would not get the answers because he does not have the answers himself, i read his debate with you and he did not give good answers to your questions, as for his absence remember he has serious health problems and he may have had to undergo further tests.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 30, 2006 at 10:47 AM

An interaction between me and beanpie:

"We do not worship the same God, based on the scripture written in John.

Beanpie write:

"THERE IS ONLY "ONE" SUPREME BEING."

Who is he, what is his name and how long does he live?

***Allah, the Supreme Being***

how long does he live?

***I BELIE E, SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS THEN HE IS REPLACED WHEN ONE HAVING THE SAME OR MORE POWER, COMES ALONG-- "

veronica2002, I understand your curiosity. I wondered the same myself. It helps in understanding how to relate to others, when attempting to get a point across.

However, based on the interaction between me and beanpie, it looks like the wisdom of one can't hold up to the wisdom of another. Beanpie would have been beneficial for you; but, it appears that he has gone or given up, which is another weak sign. Being that he is very informed about a lot of things sheds even more light on the fact that he may be misdirected.

But, my questions are, "Could it be all wrong?"; "Could there be additional information that could be helpful? and "Is there information within the Koran that could shed light on its own inaccuracy, without a comparison to the Bible?"

With the absence of Beanpie, we may never get the answers here. If one were to observe Beanpie's experience on this forum, they would know that they would have to be confident and expressive enough to have a chance at a valid argument.

If you stand behind something you know is right and you are a humanitarian, you don't give up; You lay the matter down on the table and proceed. The Truth will provide the motivation and see your way through.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 30, 2006 at 03:11 AM

veronica2002 write:
    OK, let me rephrase the question:
    Anyone here familiar enough with the Koran and islamic teachings to explain the major differences between Islam and Christianity?
    >>>>>>>>well veronica ,apart from the main difference which you yourself mentioned, i.e the relationship between GOD and JESUS,(christians beleive he is GODS SON whereas muslims beleive he is just a prophet) the other main difference is the teachings concerning ISAAC and ishmael.the BIBLE clearly shows that GODS plan for israel and beleivers is brought to fullfillment through the line of ABRAHAM-ISAAC and JACOB and so on leading up to the focal point which is JESUS,,,B U T the quran teaches that allahs plan runs through ABRAHAM- ishmael, leading up to a focal point which is muhhamad, anyone with any discernment can see that one plan is a COPY of the other with certain KEY details ALTERED, in one the focuss is on the JEWS and JESUS and in the other the focuss is on the muslims and muhhamad...there are other differences but those two are the main ones..also the differences concerning the name of GOD...the BIBLE teaches that the name of GOD is YAHWEH (JEHOVAH) (EXODUS 6:3) ..but the quran teaches that the name of GOD is allah(the opening ch 1:1)...BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 28, 2006 at 06:13 PM

OK, let me rephrase the question:

Anyone here familiar enough with the Koran and islamic teachings to explain the major differences between Islam and Christianity?
Follow - email me when people comment