Is it true most caucasian men... Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Aug 29, 2005 at 04:15 PM

Lol...I'm from Northern California not Southern California, so there's a big difference. No offense to southern cal. people but I don't do all that shallow "everyone is an actor,singer,model or stripper" nonsense.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2005 at 04:47 AM

I honestly think that many people venture into an interracial relationship because they want to make a statement. Before you start jumping on me... I know there are many legit attractions and true relationships...

But you have to admit...

Lots of people get involved with people outside thier own ethnicity because they enjoy the controversy, Because they want to rebel against their family, because they want to be the center of attention, because they have some sort of fantasy about HOW that person is based on some stereotype.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 25, 2005 at 03:21 PM

My goodness.

Look what happens when I leave you darn kids for one split second, it never fails to go to hades in a hand basket.

I do hope everyone is doing well and have surely missed you all, as I have been on quite a sabtical for the past few months.

Take good care and I will try and drop in more often. Apparently, I should do so seeing how there is so much extracurricular activity going on up in here.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 25, 2005 at 02:18 PM

The only time I was the trophy girlfriend was when I was dating an older man. I never felt that way dating anyone because they were white.

BUT you're from Cali, so maybe they're a lot shallow out there.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 24, 2005 at 01:08 PM

keihan write:

LOL, Silver, get your paddle out Hon! It's GO time!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 23, 2005 at 06:55 PM

Silver1944 write:
    Keihan writes:
    BTW, my goodness Cocoabutter, you are a very attractive young lady. Makes me wish I was about 18yrs younger and in San Francisco LOL! ...OK Silver can slap me senseless, now. Wait...I'm already senseless. Oh well, she can spank me then.

Now darling, must you give away ALL of our secrets? What will people think? Why I can see the raised eyebrows already.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 22, 2005 at 08:37 PM

STEREOTYPE!!!!TROPHY WIFE??? That genre is played out...get real. Skinny blonde? C'mon how bout a skinny red headed black gal would she be a trophy wife? Tired thinking process for sure. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...we all have an idealistic sense of beauty ...its called "chemistry"
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 22, 2005 at 07:20 PM

cocoabutter415 write:
    Is it true most caucasian men have a hard time stepping into interracial relationships because they seek out a "trophy wife"?

Usually trophy wives are depicted as these hot thin blondes with a bubble for brains.

What is your idea of a trophy wife?(looks, intelligence, personality, etc.)

Never has been the case with me, but then I'm mixed-race. Does that count? Hehehe

Ok I'll speak from my caucasian side... "Don't want no trophy wife or girlfriend..." What I want and, more importantly, NEED is a companion and best friend to share life with (all of it's ups and downs).

Like everyone I have certain preferences when it comes to INITIAL attraction, but that is something altogether different from person to person. For example, there is a young woman whom I know from Vietnam (NO I WAS NOT in Vietnam...that is where she IS from LOL)...anyhow she is not extremely attractive and really average at best. If I would have passed her in a hallway, I would probably never have given her a second glance. However, after I got to know her I found myself just all full of goosebumps whenever I was around her. Her charisma is completely through the roof! She is a great and has a fun and exciting personality. She is witty in a corny sort of way and is simply an amazing woman. I have noticed that she attracts many men because of this and they would undoubtedly say the same about her as I have said here.

So, if I were to boil it down and have to decide between a Beyonce with a stuck up personality or a plain Jane with a personality like that Vietnamese girl. I would take the plane Jane twice over.

BTW, my goodness Cocoabutter, you are a very attractive young lady. Makes me wish I was about 18yrs younger and in San Francisco LOL! ...OK Silver can slap me senseless, now. Wait...I'm already senseless. Oh well, she can spank me then
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 22, 2005 at 06:36 PM

Cocoa, I was the "trophy" girlfriend for 3 years and believe me, it's not worth it. I didn't realize until it was too late that the person had issues/insecurities that made him dump me, when he thought a better "trophy" came along. A "trophy" doesn't have to be the skinny blond, it can also be the attractive black woman with a white man.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 21, 2005 at 04:18 PM

cocoabutter415 wrote:
    Is it true most caucasian men have a hard time stepping into interracial relationships because they seek out a "trophy wife"?

Usually trophy wives are depicted as these hot thin blondes with a bubble for brains.

What is your idea of a trophy wife?(looks, intelligence, personality, etc.)

I view a "trophy wife", more or less, as a wife that is purely eye candy, or a status symbol...

imo, men with "trophy wives" usually have other "trophies" to go along with her as well, because these men feel like they have to prove something to society, kinda like screaming "look at me, look what I have, look at what I've achieved and accumulated in life"...

they are shallow and care too much about what others think, it's almost like they're back in high school, with their peer groups leading the way and them following blindly like sheep...

don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having all of these things, as long as it's for the right reason, get what you can afford because it makes you happy and it's what you want, not because it may impress the Joneses...
Follow - email me when people comment