Is it true most caucasian men... Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 21, 2005 at 02:01 PM

Is it true most caucasian men have a hard time stepping into interracial relationships because they seek out a "trophy wife"?

Usually trophy wives are depicted as these hot thin blondes with a bubble for brains.

What is your idea of a trophy wife?(looks, intelligence, personality, etc.)
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 69Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2011 at 02:35 PM

Quoting author:

Well studies have shown that men (not just White men) prefer physical attributes before others, while women will look for emotional attributes. if you look at a typical dating ad, men describe their physique (tall, athletic, attractive) while women describe other qualities (loyal, honest, listener....) So a guy is gonna look for the physical first, while women will hold out to see whats on the inside. It depends on what the guy finds physically appealing.

The study is painting with broad brush strokes,,there is no one set of rules for either sex. Oh and by the way, women are as much about the visual as men. Now it does take both to make it work long term
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 12, 2011 at 01:34 PM

Well studies have shown that men (not just White men) prefer physical attributes before others, while women will look for emotional attributes. if you look at a typical dating ad, men describe their physique (tall, athletic, attractive) while women describe other qualities (loyal, honest, listener....) So a guy is gonna look for the physical first, while women will hold out to see whats on the inside. It depends on what the guy finds physically appealing.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 07:31 AM

I can only speak for myself. I just want someone who likes me as much as I like the. To hell with what anyone else thinks.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 03, 2011 at 04:55 PM

Quoting author:

I think trophy wife has a different meaning for each individual. Personally I have always been attracted to exotic women which means interracial. Attraction is only the first step, the right mix of intelligence, humor, spontaneous nature, and inner beauty would make a true trophy wife...

If she is out there let me know!

You are right! I wish people could look at personality before looking other things.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2011 at 08:42 AM

To me there is no finer woman than an ebony queen.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM

yes I do think that a man climbing the ladder is looking for that women who will not get in the way of his success but one who will add to his success and his strength and his social grouping . and I being a little older than most here have found that most the men who are willing to cross that line with regards to race and culture do tend to go for the darker sisters. most of the looks the letter and the smile for me are black men. now I am not going to turn down a brother due to the color of his skin. but if I come to a site that is for women and men seeking diversity in choose how is it that it is low and far from coming. I was a member on another interracial site and this was the case there too. not many white or other races looking for a sister light as me. if one is looking for one as me he most times is looking for hispanic. now let me also state this I love my sisters of color and this that I have stated is not and should not be considered negative in thought pose or purpose. it is just my finding as I search for love in the arms of the one who would love me for who I am. now also I would never knowingly agree to be someone trophy wife. some of these women have settled for less to get more. if you know what I mean.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2010 at 10:50 PM

From observation it seems to me that most caucasian men who decide to cross the 'color barrier' are seeking the Beyonce/Tyra Banks type of women. You the one I mean, light enough to pass for white, so they won't present too much of a shock when presented to friends and family.

I'm sure there are many decent white men out there, with tender loving hearts, but I have yet to see any of them married to 'regular' looking, dark-skinned women (no matter how attractive). I guess it takes a stout heart and a lot of confidence for that.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2010 at 01:54 AM

Not just blondes are considered a "trophy wife" some exotic ethnic women are as well, depending on the trophy holder.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2010 at 03:29 PM

That's Beautiful...:)

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on May 03, 2010 at 10:33 PM

A woman thats has some intellectual traits, personality, wit and humor and likes to flirt with her man as he does her. To drive each other to want more like a fever always mixing up the scene of were its gonna be next. To have settled minds of who they are while increasing the desires instead of settling for taking things for granted in each other. To give and take and keep communication flowing.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 29, 2005 at 10:31 PM

cocoabutter415 write:
    Is it true most caucasian men have a hard time stepping into interracial relationships because they seek out a "trophy wife"?

Usually trophy wives are depicted as these hot thin blondes with a bubble for brains.

What is your idea of a trophy wife?(looks, intelligence, personality, etc.)

By your definition of a trophy wife (a hot, thin blonde, of course a caucasian will want this.

What heterosexual male wouldn't, caucasian or not?

My ideal trophy wife? Here is a brief description:

Intelligent, sexy(any race of woman can be sexy), loyal, good sense of humor, knows when to be submissive/ strong
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 28, 2005 at 09:35 AM

That was exquisitely b!tchy. Kudos.
    That was exquisitely b!tchy. Kudos.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 27, 2005 at 07:50 AM

ds170801 write:
    Snow White, I guess being a TROPHY wife, girlfriend, etc also means, never having to use spell check too.

Bless your heart.

ROFLMAO AT DS170801'S COMMENT! TOOOOO FUNNY!!!

I think she deleted her comment....
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 24, 2005 at 08:59 PM

Snow White, I guess being a TROPHY wife, girlfriend, etc also means, never having to use spell check too.

Bless your heart.

Bless your heart.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 22, 2005 at 11:51 AM

Well some women also want a trophy hubbie: tall, blond, blue-eyed, perfect smile, working for a major corporation and with a rotting cabbage for a brain.

So it's not a phenomenon exclusive to men. And among women, one can hear them talking how so-and-so got married to that guy who is so tall, so blond, so blue-eyed, has such a great smile and such a good job. Although, for some strange reason, no one mentions the rotting cabbage.

And some women feel they have to outmatch their friends when meeting the right match. A sort of keeping-up-with-the-Joneses mentality, only that applied to dating.

Deep down we're not that different.
    Well some women also want a trophy hubbie: tall, blond, blue-eyed, perfect smile, working for a major corporation and with a rotting cabbage for a brain.

So it's not a phenomenon exclusive to men. And among women, one can hear them talking how so-and-so got married to that guy who is so tall, so blond, so blue-eyed, has such a great smile and such a good job. Although, for some strange reason, no one mentions the rotting cabbage.

And some women feel they have to outmatch their friends when meeting the right match. A sort of keeping-up-with-the-Joneses mentality, only that applied to dating.

Deep down we're not that different.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 21, 2005 at 06:46 PM

I found this topic very interesting because I was recently in an interracial relationship with a white man (he was culturally Jewish) and his mother totally freaked out when he told her that he was dating me. She literally embodied every sterotype of the overprotective racisit Jewish mother. One of the things she said to him (and I can share plenty of other nasty tidbits) was "you make good money, you are reasonably attractive why can't you find a nice Jewish trophy wife?!!" Yeah. Nevermind the fact that I am (little) ivy league educated (and went to the college SHE didn't get into mind you), have a masters degree and I am an administrator in the educational field too (she is a teacher which makes her stance even more scary).
    I found this topic very interesting because I was recently in an interracial relationship with a white man (he was culturally Jewish) and his mother totally freaked out when he told her that he was dating me. She literally embodied every sterotype of the overprotective racisit Jewish mother. One of the things she said to him (and I can share plenty of other nasty tidbits) was "you make good money, you are reasonably attractive why can't you find a nice Jewish trophy wife?!!" Yeah. Nevermind the fact that I am (little) ivy league educated (and went to the college SHE didn't get into mind you), have a masters degree and I am an administrator in the educational field too (she is a teacher which makes her stance even more scary).
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 04:57 PM

Silver1944 write:
    Ldydrgn writes:
    OMG! Sentoryu, don't go scaring me like that...lol! I hope and pray I don't find the love of my life, and that's the reason why I'm chosen...man, that would be a cursher...lol...well, actually I shouldn't be laughing..lol, damn, that would be just be plain jacked up :-(

Hunny child, you just said a mouthful, but Sentory made a good point, because it does happen. We, of the human race, are so very strange at best. Hmmm, perhaps that is why I find us all so interesting.

*Skips off down the hallway to the next doorway to see what's happening.

Haha Silver! There are a lot of doorways in this here hall!
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 11:23 AM

Sentoryu279 write:
    I honestly think that many people venture into an interracial relationship because they want to make a statement. Before you start jumping on me... I know there are many legit attractions and true relationships...

But you have to admit...

Lots of people get involved with people outside thier own ethnicity because they enjoy the controversy, Because they want to rebel against their family, because they want to be the center of attention, because they have some sort of fantasy about HOW that person is based on some stereotype.

OMG! Sentoryu, don't go scaring me like that...lol! I hope and pray I don't find the love of my life, and that's the reason why I'm chosen...man, that would be a cursher...lol...well, actually I shouldn't be laughing..lol, damn, that would be just be plain jacked up :-(
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 01:02 AM

cocobutter im confused because you like a model to me
Follow - email me when people comment