Where are all the guys that like black chics? INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Jan 15, 2006 at 01:20 PM

I agree w/some of the other postings here. I experience the same issues where I live. A lot of guys, including Black men stare or admire from afar, but few approach me to start a conversation. I say if you someone looks appealing to you - and this goes for men and women, do not be afraid to strike up a conversation. Women should forget about the "Rules" mentality, I'm not saying to act desparate and crazy, but small talk is acceptable. Besides, you have nothing to lose only something to gain.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 10, 2006 at 05:49 AM

Lynn82 write:
    I totally agree with carmel and this topic of conversation. I have learned from experience that as an educated, God-fearing and ambitous black young woman that African American men are just not up to par these days. However there is also a lack of outward interest shown to black women from other ethnic groups, especially in the South. Bottom line: ladies if you're a high commodity and you know it, don't settle for less.

Okay, I have to defend the brothas!

True, alot of Black men have gone astray, but not all. To say that African American men are not up to par is an insult. Maybe the men who you have come in contact with may have been lacking in your expectation department, but that is by no means reflective of all Black men.

I can think of several young (BLACK) men I know, who graduated from Georgia Tech, Moorehouse, Princeton, and even Yale who would feel the same way I do.

**Did I mention these guys are Black, active menbers in our church, never been to jail, no "Baby Mammas", and quite successful in their own perspective careers.**
    Oh well, they would probably not be up to par either...

Its one thing for the media to spew hatred and prejudice towards Black men, quite another to hear the same rhetoric from Black women. We must be careful not to let our own personal experiences totally influence our reality. That is how stereotypes are formed and maintained.

Bottom Line: Black men repect yourself, it seems as if no one else does. And if you happen to find that special someone, make sure they respect you as a Black man, and not because you are a "high commodity".
    We deserve that much!!

And as always, keep the faith.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 10, 2006 at 05:28 AM

E11ky write:
    I'm in the DC area and I find it difficult meeting Caucasian/mixed men. I know what I like and as my profile reads exactly what I want. I have dated white men in my area, but my dates are few and far between. Not sure if it's me or that I "appear" intimidating, therefore I don't get asked out. On this site, my experience has been mixed..I don't think people in general read what a person wants..so I've had several hits, but nothing that I'm looking for. I agree with a previous posting...are black women out of "style" and if so, what are we to do? I know what my preferences are...am I suppose to settle for something other than what I deserve and want?

If it is any cosolation, you can blame the media for your woes. The media portrays Black women in a very negative manner. Either they are hyperse*xual and only good for one thing, or, they are loud and obnoxious, and at a minimum, should be avoided.

It takes a strong person to ward off the influences of mass media, and follow their own path. Most would rather maintain the status quo.

As far as this site is concerned, it should have a disclaimer that reads: Warning, for entertainment purposes only!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 06, 2006 at 04:37 PM

I'm in the DC area and I find it difficult meeting Caucasian/mixed men. I know what I like and as my profile reads exactly what I want. I have dated white men in my area, but my dates are few and far between. Not sure if it's me or that I "appear" intimidating, therefore I don't get asked out. On this site, my experience has been mixed..I don't think people in general read what a person wants..so I've had several hits, but nothing that I'm looking for. I agree with a previous posting...are black women out of "style" and if so, what are we to do? I know what my preferences are...am I suppose to settle for something other than what I deserve and want?
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 05, 2006 at 02:22 PM

I can understand why men stare at you alot carmel..you are a beautiful lady..If we lived closer, I would not hesitate to ask you out. sigh.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 05, 2006 at 08:57 AM

well i cant speak for all the other men but i love black women and you are right up ur alley. if you wanna chat sometime
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 02, 2006 at 07:27 AM

As I look back on my relationships, the thing I've noticed is that I have learned to love differently as a mature man then I did as a younger man.I'm more respectful of a women in terms of what she brings to the relationship and as a result I expect more from her.I also think a lot of men are feeling the same.I think it's a natural inclination to go after someone of your own race, but life is such that differences cause excitement and rightfully so.So it's not that we as blk men aren't as interested in Blk women, but rather we are as open to other races as we are to our own.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 01, 2006 at 08:57 PM

Maybe widening your age expectations can help candy :)

I love black girls, my daughter is half black but alas I'm just a bit outside the age your looking for (36). I've added you to my favorites anyway because to me .. age is just a number. :)

shout back sometime.

PS: yes, I'm white and only 10 miles from ya!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 31, 2005 at 10:30 PM

don't know about all but here is one
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 30, 2005 at 03:11 PM

the thing is that you are over there and I'm over here but stop the hunt baby girl thing will come to you
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 12, 2005 at 09:33 AM

tishambay01 write:
    WELL UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NO MORE DESIRE TO DATE ANYMORE BLACK MEN. AND I FIND IT A BIT EASIER DATING OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS. DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE BLACK MEN, JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THE APATHY MOST OF THEM HAVE TOWARDS COMMITTMENT. I HAVE WASTED AT LEAST 16 YEARS BUILDING WEALTH AMD SUCCESS ALL FOR IT TO GO TO RUIN.. SO NOW I AM WILLING TO SHARE THAT WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN APPRECIATE IT AND RIGHT NOW...I DON'T THINK BLACK MEN APPRECIATE WHAT THEY HAD. TRY OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

Please don't let your experiences cloud your opinion of ALL black men.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 10, 2005 at 06:39 PM

Never thought that would be a problem on this site. I have dated interracially more than 20 years, in the ATL, and to tell the truth, it has been interesting. I would place ads locally on phone introduction service, make sure the ad was interesting, and get replies, meetings, some of them turned into relationships. Would meet women just by going out, and not necessarily to clubs. I mean quality black women. Could be that in some areas it is different than here in Atlanta.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2005 at 02:07 PM

I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL SISTERS AND NOW THAT IM OLDER I APPRECIATE THEM TO.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2005 at 03:39 AM

WELL UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NO MORE DESIRE TO DATE ANYMORE BLACK MEN. AND I FIND IT A BIT EASIER DATING OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS. DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE BLACK MEN, JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THE APATHY MOST OF THEM HAVE TOWARDS COMMITTMENT. I HAVE WASTED AT LEAST 16 YEARS BUILDING WEALTH AMD SUCCESS ALL FOR IT TO GO TO RUIN.. SO NOW I AM WILLING TO SHARE THAT WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN APPRECIATE IT AND RIGHT NOW...I DON'T THINK BLACK MEN APPRECIATE WHAT THEY HAD. TRY OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS...
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 06, 2005 at 12:20 PM

prettymochalady write:
    Yes, I've noticed this also. It's like guys are afraid to like or holla at black women.

Are Black women falling out of "vogue"?

Don't worry, I doubt that will ever happen.
    However prettymocha, let me ask you this, who are the guys that are afraid to "holla" at you (black women)?
    Of what ethnicity are they? I am willint to bet you a dollar to a wooden nickel that if you came to the Atl, you would get hit on so much, you couldn't stand it.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 02, 2005 at 03:55 PM

Maybe its your location or where you hang out. I meet men of other races all the time. I have received some responses from here. Try posting a picture.

To tell you the truth, I have not met too many black men in the past few months. My brother claims its because I don't go to places where a black men are seeking black women. (I mostly go to mixed clubs, events, or gatherings.) Try changing your location. Best Wishes!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 01, 2005 at 11:13 AM

Yes, I've noticed this also. It's like guys are afraid to like or holla at black women.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 30, 2005 at 12:51 PM

I'm a white man and I love black women. I prefer them to any other. Always have. Thanks to InterracialMatch I've met a wonderful black woman I know I'm going to be with for life.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 22, 2005 at 03:23 PM

All you black sexy chicks should come to my area, I would talk and more if you want.. Interested contact me.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 21, 2005 at 01:23 PM

I FEEL SOMETHINGS TAKE EFFORT AND TIME . I LOVE ALL AND WILLING TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO BROADEN MY HORIZONS..NO OFFENSE TO OTHERS BUT, I WOULD MAKE A COMMENT BEEN THERE DONE THAT. YOU KNOW AS I DO WOMEN ARE WOMEN NO MATTER WHAT PREFERENCE YOU PICK...WE ARE ALL SEARCHING FOR THAT SPECIAL MAN...
Follow - email me when people comment