Where are all the guys that like black chics? INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2006 at 12:51 AM

Hmmm. Very interesting comments everyone. I haven't found any problems with meeting or dating men of any race. It's sad to read that so many people are missing out on potentially good relationships due to past experiences, stereotypes, prejudice, etc. I too, like many have had painful experiences, but I can not conclude that excluding a race from my acceptable dating pool will eliminate the problem. I would be less then ignorant to do so. (Plus, there are too many gorgeous men in the world to limit the possibilities. )Instead I accept the reality of flaws in my and/or his character, issues not addressed properly, and at best circumstantial. I am a black woman there is no hiding that, I can not change that and wouldn't want to. What is in my control to change is my attitude and the way I deal with others. If I am not considered a preference on some mans' list, that's his lost. I know my worth. Any how, Stop looking. Have ever noticed that if you ever lost something once you stopped looking, it turned up. Same principle can apply. Smile genuinely and laugh often, it takes the stress off your face and makes your burden light.
    Always,
    Ty
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2006 at 08:28 AM

I love sisters! I just can't find one that I like that shares the same interests, like rock! lol

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2006 at 05:23 PM

tomboyinsilk write:
    and it always disturbs me when I meet black men that WON'T date black women. For one thing, I love men who are PROUD of who they are, who feel connected to their communities, and who are actually ACTIVE in their communities. Refusal to date black women to me smacks of self-hatred or denial or something that just isn't quite right. Sadly, we ALL objectify potential mates in some way... but I tend to be more drawn to people who challenge that objectification. I am always mystified as to why a man wouldn't date a black woman. I mean, look at them! They're gorgeous and sassy and tough (yes, more objectification...), but heck! I just don't get it...

Your views are interesting, but I have to say that you may not be properly equipped with enough facts and truths to reach a fair conclusion why some black men don't want to date black women. Do you feel the same way about black women who don't date black men? Or white women who don't date white men? There are times when our preferences change based on our past experiences, and choosing someone outside of your own race exclusively isn't necessarily a matter of self hatred as you assert. But you did say that you had a few preferences of your own. Care to share with the rest of us what those are? What kind of community connectedness are you referring to?
    Generally speaking, in this country and in the world at large, white women and black women grow up in totally different environments, and this can reflect the nature and quality of ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS, as well as what these types of women are likely to value most. If you are more attracted to black men, does that mean that you despise white men? Probably not. You're simply exercising your preference based(I assume)on your experiences.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 09, 2006 at 03:16 AM

That "serial killer" comment is one of the nastiest I've read in any dating place.

Funny thing is that "serial killers" never look like serial killers. People always say: "but he was the nicest guy! he helped everybody!"

Well, everybody is normal until they find the heads in the fridge.

But beyond that, preferences are sacred. Even so, some psychosocial inquiry is not a bad thing. We could dissect the whole twin phenomena of attraction and dating. Of course, many things said would come across as racist, but those who are know they are, and those who don't...

There is, in general, this little rule I notice from art since the most ancient times: you always see the man painted a shade darker than the woman. It is as if a dark skin were a symbol of male strength, and light skin one of fragility (that's why you also notice that in most couples, he is slightly darker than she is, regardless of "race").

Also, if one enters into hormonal levels, it is a lot more common for a male of an ethnic group with higher testosterone levels to date a woman from an ethnic group with lower testosterone levels than vice versa.

Thus, seeing a white man with an Asian woman is more common than seeing an Asian man with a white woman, and seeing a Black man with a white woman is more common than the white man/Black woman pairing.

These things are changing, though.
  • View author's info Posted on May 26, 2006 at 08:48 PM

I can't say exactly why black men want to date strictly a white woman instead of a woman of color. Like my cousin, he has is own personal preference to dating only light skinned women. As compared to my other cousin, who strictly dates white women. I can only assume it's due to whomever that person sees when he closes his eyes as to whomever his woman who he dreams about, from how she looks like as to her skin color. Whether she being black or white. To each their own. It's about whatever type of woman who makes him feel comfortable. To who ever commented on she will never date a black man even if he was the last man on earth. Don't judge all. Can't let a million bad apples spoil the few that's good. Any person being black, white, spanish, asian ect.. can lie, cheat, steal, have a bad education and so forth. So if you passed me by in the street you would automatically assume that I don't have an education, a liar, and a cheat. If you was to know me, you would find out that I am a proud black man. The key word is man, not any boy. I gave my country 10 years of service. I also have a masters degree. I am a highly intelligent and very articulate individual. I have my own short term and long term goals. I have my ambitions in life. I don't lie, for what, I tell it like it is no matter what the other person is feeling or thinking. I tell you what you need to know not what you want to hear. And you can meet someone else who is not of black descent and assume that he is educated and has his own personal set of goals. You can also get to know that person and find out he is the direct opposite of what you was thinking. Don't prejudge people; you could possibly have that someone wonderful just pass you by because of your prejudice. Prejudice is a preformed opinion, usually an unfavorable one, based on insufficient knowledge, irrational feelings, or inaccurate stereotypes.
  • View author's info Posted on May 23, 2006 at 02:49 PM

renegade1952 write:
    If you're wondering why white chics tend to date black dudes is hard to say. maybe it is because of the bad boy attitude. Now the question is how many stay together once that gets old. Then again that same question needs to be asked why don't Latino's or Asian date more white guys. Don't really know.

I find your comments more than slightly racist. Are you trying to say that the only reason a white woman would be interested in a black man, is because he is always up to no good and she is excited by that? There are plenty of decent, law abbiding black men out there, and there are plenty of reasons that a white woman would be interested. White people aren't the only race with desirable males. Mabye the reason they stay together is that they truly care for one another, and that they are compatible, not because they are relying on lust.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 18, 2006 at 03:30 PM

TxEbonyPrincess4u write:
    phea44,

I guess I can understand where you're coming from. You made a couple of good points (media, film, sitcoms). It's too bad that it's like that but, I guess it is what it is.
    ...Hopefully, not for much longer.

Although, black men are often shown on t.v. as, well....do I really need to say? But, it doesn't stop white women from being interested in them. Do you think that has something to do with Women liking the "bad boys"? Ha!

Yes, you are quite right, black men are also(generally)portrayed in films and television in ways that are less than complimentary, and this has been going on for many years now. Unfortunately, it's the only point of reference many non-black folks have of black people. It's unfortunate.

Now on the subject of why many women like the BAD BOY, I believe it has more to do with these types of men seeming more interesting and unpredictable, as opposed to the GOOD GUY. I've written a number of post on this topic, ad nauseum. I know you are joking(mostly), but not all black men are BAD BOY types, and not all black women are LOUD MOUTH/UNAPPROACHABLE TYPES either, but the media is a very powerful entity which can shape the opinions of millions of people.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 16, 2006 at 10:52 AM

TxEbonyPrincess4u write:
    That last line might be true IvoryLover but, I don't think white men are approaching black women like black men approach white women. I'm not sure if black men have a "fear" of approaching white women or making it known to white women that they are interested. Could this be the case (too)?

Let's "look" at the media and black women, and how they portray black women in film or on the small screen. Whether it's a sitcom or a made for t.v. drama, black women are usually portrayed as overly aggressive, mean spirited, unapproachable women. Is this a stereotype? Well...partially, but you have to realize that almost every stereotype contains within it, some amount of truth. Think about it, if you will. On the t.v. station, UPN(channel 13)in California, there is a black sitcom called, GIRLFRIENDS, featuring the exploits of four black women and how they interact with each other and with the world at large. Among the four black women, two of them have characteristics that I see almost every day in black women. Verbally aggressive, aggressive personalities, intimidating, arrogant, etc.

Now imagine the white guy who has never known(personally) a black woman. He isn't likely to approach one with the same amount of confidence that he might have if he were approaching a white woman. This doesn't mean that there aren't some white women who display the intimidating, arrogant/overly aggressive characteristics too, but they certainly don't generally get portrayed this way in films or on television.

So to answer the question of why there are more black men/white woman couples, and not that many white man/black woman couples, it's all a matter of perception, and the general perception of black women, no matter how pretty, educated, or financially well to do she may be, it's going to be a long and hard road ahead. Don't mean to sound negative, just very realistic.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 04, 2006 at 07:18 AM

johnnymac119 thanks for your comment well said believe me a lot of these guys are out there and they are actually very bold to tell you how they feel about dating black women. By the way you are nice looking.
    Cinnabar
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 03, 2006 at 02:45 PM

right here
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 02, 2006 at 02:44 PM

johnnymac119 write:
    Yo midlove Man...I respect your position of fighting for rights! My Fathers ancestors teamed up with the Washington family in the late 1600's and fought to settle this country! I lost relatives to be free of England's taxes and look what the losers we elected have done! Itz time to cut the king's head off and start over! I move we hang bush Jr. for using our military in treasonist business deals...let's hang the bastard!
    I'm from Motown and the yanks help Lincoln (who had black blood in him)keep this country together and freed some folks in the process....my family were abolitionist and my mother taught me to celebrate the differences in the races. If there is a God...She gave us differences to make life interesting and to teach us to learn things we may not know any other way....that is if She is still paying attention to this universes short bus planet. We traditionally shoot missiles at something we don't like or fear, before we offer a hand in peaceful friendship. Bottom line is - all that mindsets that are participating in a forum and service such as this will eventually prevail like we did in the civil war. There's an oxymoron "civil war" - so don't worry my friend...we take action when we've had enough! So when are we going to all get together and make law enforcement what it used to be -for the people! The law is suppose to come down from the people - not a

Well, thanks for the respect.

Concerning the following question:

"So when are we going to all get together and make law enforcement what it used to be -for the people! The law is suppose to come down from the people - not a"

Everyone could get all that they can involved in writing their congressman and asking, "What is Midlove talking about" and demand a public answer.

I'm not so afraid as to try and avoid them. What I'm doing is in line with my purpose in life, according to numerology. I actually have no way out of it. I just don't know clearly how to safely proceed yet.

Protective custody would be needed, who can you trust in such a situation, the government? I don't think so.

God sent us all here with a purpose. Many don't know what their purpose is. I write about numerology in "Religion".
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 09:31 AM

hey Cinnabar...why would you listen to a fool who ashamed of the woman he is attracted to and fools them into bed with false bs. He feels comfortable to sleep with them but won't be seen with them....what a coward! Learn from a cowardice wuss like that so you know who you don't want to go out with....pick his pea brain and get a decent profile on trash like that. he is only on this site for ? well uh ...um i guess that's a valid reason but, he shouldn't be ashamed of his choice in woman - he should be ashamed of himself for treating another like that....unless they know they and are down widit....then by all means let them go at it. if he's baggin black Chic's on the premise that they may have a relationship then, he's a pig....that's all
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 08:22 AM

Who looks like a serial killer? i want to ask him what his choice weapon of death dealing? Do you kill serial characters such as the lucky charms leprechaun and the Trix silly rabbit? what did they ever do to you? I like coo coo for cocoa puffs birdie....I'm nutz about the chocolate flava too -if ya know what I mean. Just call me count friggen chocula mmm mmm i could eat chocolate bunnies all day and night -oh yeah...Easter is coming...and he has a better chance of rising again than the South does. I'll go anywhere anytime with a choco sista...i ain't scarred!!! ......
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 04:49 AM

Yo midlove Man...I respect your position of fighting for rights! My Fathers ancestors teamed up with the Washington family in the late 1600's and fought to settle this country! I lost relatives to be free of England's taxes and look what the losers we elected have done! Itz time to cut the king's head off and start over! I move we hang bush Jr. for using our military in treasonist business deals...let's hang the bastard!
    I'm from Motown and the yanks help Lincoln (who had black blood in him)keep this country together and freed some folks in the process....my family were abolitionist and my mother taught me to celebrate the differences in the races. If there is a God...She gave us differences to make life interesting and to teach us to learn things we may not know any other way....that is if She is still paying attention to this universes short bus planet. We traditionally shoot missiles at something we don't like or fear, before we offer a hand in peaceful friendship. Bottom line is - all that mindsets that are participating in a forum and service such as this will eventually prevail like we did in the civil war. There's an oxymoron "civil war" - so don't worry my friend...we take action when we've had enough! So when are we going to all get together and make law enforcement what it used to be -for the people! The law is suppose to come down from the people - not a
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 04:31 AM

is that an attempt at humor? oh ho ho ah ya good one. Your obviously a comedian. Better get a day job. If you were serial i'd pass up your bland rice chex flava....or more like corn FLAKE without any shuga....shuga.....johnnymac
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 04:17 AM

Carmel candy I could eat you up!...johnnymac
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 04:14 AM

I look like a serial killer? Then u must be some kind of a wimp so watch out wuss. Ohhhhhh and bett345 is soo sweet isn't she? I mean rrrrrrrrrrare mefreakinyeow mang! WOW bett you the shizzle...is it ok for a white guy to talk/write like that? - u judge mental #$@%s......johnnymac

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 31, 2006 at 04:43 PM

CHOCN2WHITE write:
    well let me be real i wouldnt date a black man if they were the last men on earth. I mtired of blakc men i'm tried of the lies cheating, dog ass personality no education, drug dealing issues that comes with the. Black men put on this persona to other race of women like they are GOOD MEN lol thats a lie. The truth will come out, a DOG cant hide his flees for too long. I'm real i dont like black men and its for good or should i say great reasons, i have too much to offer and a black man cant do nothing for me.

First of all...it sounds like someone needs more education in the ENGLISH dept. Second, you are obviously meeting the WRONG black guys. Hey, you should change your location, along with your pre/misconceptions. I know I know, you're only 20 years old, soooo...I'll cut you some slack this time, and you are speaking(I believe)according to your own personal experiences.

The best of luck to you in your HUNT...and I do hope that you don't find any white guys who lie cheat with dog-a$$ed personalities, but if you do, it would just be your luck that they would be the last men on earth. PEACE.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 31, 2006 at 01:15 PM

CHOCN2WHITE write:
    well let me be real i wouldnt date a black man if they were the last men on earth. I mtired of blakc men i'm tried of the lies cheating, dog ass personality no education, drug dealing issues that comes with the. Black men put on this persona to other race of women like they are GOOD MEN lol thats a lie. The truth will come out, a DOG cant hide his flees for too long. I'm real i dont like black men and its for good or should i say great reasons, i have too much to offer and a black man cant do nothing for me.

When one is a racist, they should never complain about racism against them. It becomes invalid.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 30, 2006 at 01:47 PM

Here is one that is craaaazy about krazy kool black chics! To me there are no other women on this planet. Black chics are the only ones cool enough to kang and keep up with me! I love your big beautiful smiles....you are all so gorgeous to me! Anyone who hasn't figured out Jungle fever is the only way to be sick....if having a fever is sick? Then the bronze Goddess' is the only cure...I love black women...they are so kool and funny as hell baby yayeah oookay whut? are there any Bronze Goddessess looking for a White Knight....Here I am your Highness....oh how i love carmel booty - it is the best flavor!! whottsamatta you scarred? Don't be I may look mean but i'm a big putty tat...for you Carmel Queens that is!...johnnymac

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment