HUMAN PROGRESS ??? history Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Sep 26, 2005 at 06:58 PM

brian66 write:
    when i asked SENTORYU a question all he did was to REPEAT his original posting..SO !..are we to understand that SENTORYU cannot answer the question or perhaps he needs MORE time to think !...well i am waiting SENTORYU...? ? ?..BRIAN

Brian,

What did I tell you about that STRIFE? Being a child of God don't you know you have athority over that Spirit of Strife?

If you want to insist on acting like an ignorrant fool then don't bother addressing me. If you want to have a mature conversation then act your age.

For your information the system had not posted your Second Question before I posted my response so.... I never saw your question...

Remember this one: It is better that you are quiet and let people THINK you are rude and ignorrant than to open your mouth an remove all doubt.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 26, 2005 at 04:49 AM

jdavis123 write:
    Brian - first of all I'm happy you were not offended, especially since we are both talking about opinions not certifiable facts.
    When I said Western world I was using what was considered the western world pre-Columbus. For some reason many historians use the term in this way, go figure?
    Anyways, yes it was in Iraq and I think it was the junction of the 3 rivers.
    But what we have to keep in mind is the term civilization is pretty loose. I have copied the definition from a dictionary. So nomadic tribes would not count.
    Humanity did not go from Adam & Eve straight to cities, writing, etc.
    So if if civilization started 4100 BC then humanity had to be around much longer. How much longer, how good is the carbon dating, etc. I don't know.
    Civilization:
    An advanced state of intellectual, cultural, and material development in human society, marked by progress in the arts and sciences, the extensive use of record-keeping, including writing, and the appearance of complex political and social institutions.
    :: :::YES J.DAVIS! that was a good point you made there about civilizations i agree with you there ..a good posting!.....BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2005 at 03:39 PM

Brian - first of all I'm happy you were not offended, especially since we are both talking about opinions not certifiable facts.

When I said Western world I was using what was considered the western world pre-Columbus. For some reason many historians use the term in this way, go figure?

Anyways, yes it was in Iraq and I think it was the junction of the 3 rivers.

But what we have to keep in mind is the term civilization is pretty loose. I have copied the definition from a dictionary. So nomadic tribes would not count.

Humanity did not go from Adam & Eve straight to cities, writing, etc.

So if if civilization started 4100 BC then humanity had to be around much longer. How much longer, how good is the carbon dating, etc. I don't know.

Civilization:
    An advanced state of intellectual, cultural, and material development in human society, marked by progress in the arts and sciences, the extensive use of record-keeping, including writing, and the appearance of complex political and social institutions.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2005 at 12:37 PM

when i asked SENTORYU a question all he did was to REPEAT his original posting..SO !..are we to understand that SENTORYU cannot answer the question or perhaps he needs MORE time to think !...well i am waiting SENTORYU...? ? ?..BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2005 at 09:35 AM

First Genisis (Adam and Eve)and Second Genisis (Noah and his crew).... That is Common mix up...

But even the Bible says that there were other people here even before Adam and Eve were ejected from the Garden.

There are some who believe the Garden of Eden was around what is NOW Iraq.... BUT the World Change dramatically after the Flood and Noah (Second Genisis) There fore there is No way to tell where it was. FURTHERMORE God ejected Man from the Garden and placed Angels to guard it so they could not return... MEANING, MAN, ALL MEN so where in the Bible does it say that the Garden was Reopened?????

Last I checked there are a rack of people in Iraq (no pun intended)

Furthermore there are alot of Creationist that believe that there are SIGNIFICANT Flaws in our carbon dating process and therefore Scientific Time lines are severely OFF........
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2005 at 04:51 AM

SENTORY says "even the BIBLE says there were people around BEFORE ADAM and EVE were evicted from the GARDEN.weeeeell you MAY or may not have something there SENTORY but before i comment on what you have said can you please show me where in the BIBLE does it say that AND on reading your reply i will comment but remember SENTORY this is only apparant to people with spiritual understanding not to EVERYONE !..... .....BRIAN...
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2005 at 04:21 AM

YES !.. i agree about carbon dating,it used to be all the rage when it was first discovered,but later flaws started to show in this method of dating which produced errors of hundreds of years or even more...recently here on bbc t.v a program was shown about a body that was discovered in a bog ,they did carbon dating with some item found on the body and the reading gave a date of 800-1.000 yrs in age, BUT other more exact tests done later together with teeth and scars and other remaining physical features proved it was the remains of a man who dissapeared in the early 1900,s..as regards recent time scaling methods for races and dating i have gotten far more accurare details from studying the information given in the BIBLE... ..for example..by studying the list of the kings of ISRAEL as given in the BIBLE ,and comparing those lists with details of GENTILE king lists such as NEBUCHADNEZZAR king of BABYLON and SARGON king of ASSYRIA and lining up these kings and aligning them with the most widely accepted dates for those kings ,then you can come up with reasonably accurate dates on which the whole of the BIBLE back to the creation of ADAM can be checked with reasonable accuracy...people who do not have a knowledge of biblical PROPECIES and certain figures and time periods revealed in those prophecies do not understand what an accurate knowledge of the future those prophecies contain ,and people who have been granted an uderstanding of these prophecies can see into the future as easily as the ordinary person can see accross the street... ...BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 19, 2005 at 08:59 AM

jdavis says he agrees that 4,100 bc would be all right for the start of civilisation for the WESTERN WORLD...BUT if j,d would go back and read the first part of my post he will see that i said it started in the area of IRAQ and IRAQ is NOT in the western world as to the other races... black races ---white races---semitic races that we have today ..ALL of them can be traced back through NOAHS ,s 3 sons and further back to ADAM and EVE and most biblical scholars date this to no earlier than 4,100bc..ARCHBISHOP USHER GIVES A DATE OF 4,004 BC ..i myself think he is a bit out on that date by about 100 years BUT THE TIME PERIOD IS ABOUT RIGHT....but if you read my posting CAREFULLY you would have seen that i wrote that there is evidence that other civilisations existed BEFORE our present human race but they were wiped out by a deluge ..(COULD THIS ACCOUT FOR THE LEGEND OF ATLATIS ?)....and those races could have been in existence for thousands of years before our OWN present HUMAN race came into being ...j.d if you do not have an accurate knowledge of BIBLICAL chronology and if you do not have an accurate knowledge of the history of our PRESEENT human race as given in EXACT detail in the bible .then you would end up completly lost in the vast periods of times gone past and all the different civilisations that have been on this earth from the foundation of this planet..BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 19, 2005 at 08:22 AM

JDAVIS... first of all NO i am not offended by your post..you have a right to you opinions just as i have a right to mine...does,t bother me in the slightest..i have had far to much experiance on boards all over the world ,to let a little thing like someone disagreeing with me affect me ,and it helps to keep me sharp...BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 05:01 PM

Brian - what kind of nonsense is this about the human race beginning 4100 BC?

This is absolute rubbish.

Yes - around 4100BC was considered the start of civilization - IN THE WESTERN WORLD. And civilization is more about farming and agriculture to remain in a fixed place.

A real timeline would show:

11,000 BC End of ice age. Humans around but nomadic

9,000 BC beginning of agriculture - in Eastern World

4,000 BC beginning of agriculture - Western World (Mesopotamia)

And of course there is much history of humanity before the ice age. This is much more subjective though.

But you have to look very hard for some of this. Why? Most ignore eastern world and pretend it didn't exist.

I am sorry if my comments upset you. But it looks like you are totally pretending half of the world didn't exist and these people probably don't like that!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 01:10 PM

sumasun write:
    Whom ever put thoses people in that dome, quite frankly should have charges brought against them!! They should have been evacuated from there LONG ago!! It's such an easy out for the authorities to just leave people there who are being r*ped & murdered indiscriminately! Why arn't the US public protesting or doing ANYTHING to help these people??
    Could you imagine that going on here!!! Don't think so!(sorry!.....putting soapbox away again!! lol)
    Holistic Therapies is about hands on healing...using no mediaction....only touch & natural remedies.
    I do Body Massages, Indian Head Massages, Aroma Therapy Massages, & Reflexology.
    I havn't had the facilities here to practice much as yet, & i do part time creche work too!!
    Hope that answers your question ok Brian.

You are operating only on 1/2 truths... I was there and I can tell you that the American people were there Helping.... Money, Goods, and PEOPLE...

Don't be so quick to judge US. God forbid anything like this would happen to Your home, But don't be surprised that people act out of character there too.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 01:05 PM

sumasun write:
    I was wondering what you think of Bush's responce to the Mississippi/New Orleans disaster? When we had our London bombings...Blare was at a world conference, but within 2 hours, he was back, surveying the damage, & organising, sorting things before he rejoined the summit. Some people might argue that the States is bigger than the UK.....ok...But 5/6 days to get there!! I dont think so!!...If it had been a middle class white area, would he still have taken so long? I think not! Plus..why was the white peoples homes taking up valuable man power being protected from looters, When their was bodies lying about unrecovered in the poor areas? Sorry to get on my soap box about this Brian, but it made me sooooooo angry!

You are easily influenced by what the media wants to show you.
    I was watching the news conference the Day after the Hurricane and BUSH had just returned from looking at the damage to that area. He gave press conference that vary day after he got back from New Orleans.

This was not an issue of Black or white Poor or rich... This was a case of unpreparedness on bothe the Govenrment and the people of that region. This was also a case of people not leaving before it was too late and overwhelming the support that was already in place. I just returned from volunteering as a rescue worker there. The initial response was caotic at best and it took a while to become centralized. Poor Communication, Too many intities working as individuals rather than in support of one another. Add to that an overwhelming and alarming number of people that were not expected to still be in the city...

A making for disaster...

Remember that the Media will only show what SELLS the ratings. Many people in the world don't like President Bush and media will sell the slander. I am not trying to argue with you just want to clear up some things as it is mis information.

No Man is infalable but Bush is a Christian First and foremost. I believe he is true to his Godly convitions for the most part and he would not sit by and allow people to die because they are poor... Unbelievable that someone even would try and put that out there....
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 16, 2005 at 03:35 PM

Mmm ! yes the laying on of hands ,as you probably know one of the gifts given to true believers in JESUS by GOD was the gift of healing by the laying on of hands ,so its possible that you have this gift..does it run in your family ,and have you had many successes ?..do you feel energy leaving you and entering the patient or do you feel that you are a channel for energy that comes from above ?..interesting subject..when did you first notice you had this gift??.....take care BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 12, 2005 at 12:47 PM

what saddened me SUMASUN ,were the picures i saw on certaion web site links of some of the police themselves joining in at the beginning ,in the looting of shops and buisnesses until the state troopers were sent in ,plus gangs of youths with guns going round raping young women ,and other gangs were forcibly stopping people from leaving the area,and sending them back in ,some of those people who came out of the sports dome described it as a living hell...yes and why has it taken so long for sufficient help to get there ?..if this is a prelude of what is going to happen if and when this happens on a bigger scale ,then i feel deeply for the ordinary citizen ..no matter which country the disaster occurs in..its always the ordinary people who suffer the most..now tell me something about your holistic healing.. is it?.. what exactly do you do ?..BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 10, 2005 at 06:50 AM

sumasun writes "lets have our own thread...sounds ok..you want to start off ?
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 09, 2005 at 11:09 AM

hi SUMASUN..would you believe it ..i had just been reading this morning about what you and i had been writing about EARTHQUAKES when news came in of yet another LARGE EARTHQUAKE just off the coast of PAPUA NEW GUINEA and this registered 7 on the richter scale which is quite large..they are becoming more and more common ..it seems to me we are building up for THE BIG ONE and what damage that one will do, does not bear thinking about.. about this thread which i started ..it seems at the moment we are the only two in this, so until someone else posts let us use it to discuss the unusual events that are now occuring worldwide,,i,d like to hear your views on how you think things are going to turn out, take care ..BRIAN X
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2005 at 10:58 AM

sumasun write:
    I think if we look at the world today Brian, you might well be right! Look at the Tsunami of last year, & now Mississippi, we even had our own disaster here last year in Cornwall! Maybe the fact that it's more happening in dribs & drabs, is giving us a chance to take this as a wake up call? What do you think?
    ::::::::::::yes thats right sumasun and dont forget the two mini tornadoes we had here in BIRMINGHAM a few weeks ago just 1 mile from where i live ..i have just been reading the news and as you may have seen there is yet ANOTHER typhoon or hurricane heading for florida and at the same time there is a powerful one heading from JAPAN to KOREA , just a week after JAPAN had an earthquake..and the typhoon that has hit CHINA in the past couple of days..these are definate signs that something tremendous is shortly to happen ...there are massive earth changes to come to prepare the world for the coming new world order..i see from your profile that you have spiritual leanings ,so you have probably seen these changes coming yourself....nice to have the company of a fellow english person on the board ..you are not far from me in wiltshire...best wishes ..BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2005 at 05:41 PM

.....and so here we are in 2005 almost 6000 yrs from ADAM and nearly 2000 years from the 2nd ADAM..JESUS..and once again the earth is full of violence and blood shed and the imaginations of mens hearts is always bad the whole planet is being polluted on a massive scale and there are wars and killings every where ,and once again the time is fast approaching when GOD will have to step in before the human race destroys itself ..GOD has appointed a time before he steps in and returns the rulership of the world to his SON, these times he appointed, are called the times of the gentiles and they have almost run out ,BUT before they run out and GOD acts ,while there is still time left GOD offers every one a place in his kingdom through JESUS ,i hope that both I the writer and YOU the reader find a place in that kingdom. assalaam alaikum..peace be on you... .BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2005 at 05:10 PM

....the ark finally came to rest on NOUNT ARARAT which is in TURKEY and NOAH and his sons began again the task of replenishing the earth..NOAH,S son JAPETH went northwards and from him descended the WHITE NOTHERN races...HAM went into the land of CAANAN and later they went south into EGYPT and later on further on down into AFRICA ..from HAM came the BLACK HAMITIC races..and SHEM went southeast and east and from him came the SEMITES. and the BIBLE states that the whole world was repopulated by the 3 sons of NOAH ...Through the SEMITIC line of descent came ABRAHAM,ISAAC, AND JACOB,AND JUDAH ,and down through the line of JUDAH to JESUS the promised MESSIAH who died on the cross for all our sins in 32-33 ad..
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2005 at 04:50 PM

.....so about 4,100 bc nearly 6,000 years ago,(the exact date is difficult to pin down because the calendar has been altered several times) the human race began to breed and fill the earth with people. and 1656 years from ADAM which is apprx 2,500 bc the earth was again filled with violence and bloodshed ad the continual breaking of GODS laws and men continued doing evil continually ,there were GIANTS living then as the tales that come down to us remind us..GOD decided to remove mankind again from the earth ,but to make sure that is plan concerning his future SON would be carried out he saved 8 people ..NOAH and his wife ,and his 3 sons ,SHEM ,HAM ,AND .JAPETH,AND THEIR WIVES ,. NOAH following GODS intructions built an ark ,for the preservation of his family and the food,and creatures they would need to carry on after the flood ,so GOD wiped out that generation except for 8 people
Follow - email me when people comment