Bringing something to the Table Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 20, 2005 at 06:37 AM

There are basically three types of relationships...
    1) Emotional
    2) Sexual
    3) Financial

That's it. There are relationships for emotional gratifaction,sexual gratification,and financial gratification...

So which one is lacking in your life ?
    Which ones can you offer?
    We both cant be lacking in the same department and thing it will work. If you able to understand what Im saying.Holla
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 11Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Quoting author:

I am sorry but I must tell you that I have never seen so many women interested in money like in the US. I wonder, don't you know what a real relashionship should be? To those women (and men) I say if you put financial benefit first of all, you have nothing to give. To those ones that are only able to bring sex, I say, you have nothing to give too. A relationship should be something different, it's BEYOND. Sex is included, but if it is the most important thing, a relashionship is very sterile. Women and men are more and more lonely, because of all this superficiality.
    I hope I have not offeded anyone, but I said the true.

I wish more women thought the way you do.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I personally would not totally agree with the statement that it is that simple to pinpoint on some levels we all need and want all three. and the relationship can progress with all three. I agree with the poster above. I do think that if one only depends on one of the stated types of relationship it is not healthy and will not last. I do think that one need to be well rounded and well grounded and the needs of safety, security, trust, and growth are more of what a lasting relationship is all about. and of course mixed with a lot of love. every one needs someone. it is just the right someone that is so hard to find with the mix that I stated. but I must repeat I do think it is a mix of all three not the separation of the emotions,sex and finance.one of these with out two out of three will not work. I look at the tree if we must put in these terms like this:
    emotions =love,trust, growth, sex = physical bonding, gratification,finance =security,safety,mobility. and of course we should not be with out a big dose of compromise.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 29, 2007 at 09:58 AM

You are right, it does seem to brake down into those three types. Everyone gets into it for something from the start. Though if you are in it for the sexual gratification, one or the other is going to bring in some type of emotions. You can have an emotional relationship with anyone that you are close to without the sex. Then the financial relationship, it's not good to mix business with pleasure, though some people look at a relationship as a business decision.

For me, I have gone through the friends with benefits stages, that is sex without emotional commitment, though it can't go on forever and those type of relationships are harder to brake then a real relationship. I am picky with who I get emotionally tied to. So I would say I am lacking emotional and sexual. As for financial, I am independent so I do not mix business and pleasure. I give as much as I get.

As for what I have to offer to a relationship.
    Emotional- friendship, companionship, honesty, humor and integrity.
    Sexual- intimacy, fun, excitement, erotic and spontaneity
    Financial- I hold my own, though I got you as long as you got me.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2005 at 01:16 PM

Sentoryu279 write:
    I hear you Kasmirkat, but I will disagree. There are people that get into a realtionship purely for sexual gratification.(B.O.O.T.Y CALL) Then there are some that won't put up the sexual side and yet they except the emotional comfort...( JUST a FRIEND) And then there are some you are after the Financial only AKA (gold digger.)

For the Most part I categorize these factors in to 4 categories and give 25% each and therefore you get 100% Oh BTW the 4th category is the Misc that holds it all together.

You may disagree with Kash, but what she is saying is the reason why MEN are from Mars and WOMEN are from Venus. Because we see life from two seperate and distinct views. And no amount of agreeing or disagreeing will ever change that!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2005 at 12:39 PM

Here's the meat of my Aug. 21 reply to blackstar's identical Aug. 20 post under a different topic title:

Hi blackstar,
    I think you're almost on the right track with your post...
    Long ago, romantic relationships often were forged for financial reasons, i.e. keeping wealth within certain family lines, maintaining geo-political wealth/power, etc.
    In this day and age, where most folks are free to work and can earn their own way in the world, it's a less common occurance.
    Granted, there ARE folks who come together or stay together for financial reasons, but usually there is so little "connecting" happening between those involved, that forming shared financial goals & meeting them fails more often than it succeeds.
    In general these days, strong financial emphasis is best left to business relationships.

Rather I would replace your 3) financial, with 3) AND 4), being:
    3) intellectual & 4) spiritual.

From where I stand, people need to connect on the same or (very near) emotional, physical (sometimes expressed as sexual), intellectual, & spiritual (& that's not necessarily "religious") levels in order for ANY relationship to be of the highest benefit to all involved.
    In mutually beneficial relationships all 4 of these are EQUALLY important. The primary focus will shift among the four from moments to moments or days to days. But attentions and efforts to cultivate & foster an ongoing connectedness on all four of these levels ideally should be present for the highest satisfaction to occure in ANY of these four areas, cuz they DO overlap greatly...

A prime example of this is:
    for people who feel no intellectual or emotional connection, soon enough the physical (sexual) will just burn itself out.
    Though it's a bit more tricky to define (and ATTAIN!), I believe that throughout 1) emotional, 2) physical, & 3) intelectual, is woven and intertwined 4) the spiritual connection.

That's just how I see the most ideal & beneficial relationships happening.

Stay well,
    Sama451
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2005 at 03:27 PM

I hear you Kasmirkat, but I will disagree. There are people that get into a realtionship purely for sexual gratification.(B.O.O.T.Y CALL) Then there are some that won't put up the sexual side and yet they except the emotional comfort...( JUST a FRIEND) And then there are some you are after the Financial only AKA (gold digger.)

For the Most part I categorize these factors in to 4 categories and give 25% each and therefore you get 100% Oh BTW the 4th category is the Misc that holds it all together.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2005 at 02:13 PM

I would say that these three catagories are the major factors in a relationship. They can make or break a relationship. But I disagree that each one is a certain "type". I can't see having a relationship without each partner bringing all three components to the table. Different percentages for different people.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 25, 2005 at 06:04 PM

blackstar55 write:
    There are basically three types of relationships...
    1) Emotional
    2) Sexual
    3) Financial

That's it. There are relationships for emotional gratifaction,sexual gratification,and financial gratification...

So which one is lacking in your life ?
    Which ones can you offer?
    We both cant be lacking in the same department and thing it will work. If you able to understand what Im saying.Holla

I love that guys are so simplistic. I neither agree or disagree with your accessment for what you feel 'most' relationships consist of. Labeling a relationship does make it easier to quanify in terms of what the relationship can do for you. But I feel a good relationship will be a combination of all three of the listed qualities. Stil most women are learning to be self sufficient financially, but there are some things that a girl just can not do for themselves. A good relationship will provide emotional as well as sexual gratification otherwise why bother? Even if you bring all three to the table you will always need someone.... it's how God made us.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 24, 2005 at 01:51 PM

It is my opinion that everyone brings something to a relationship. Unfortunately, it may not be what you were looking for.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 24, 2005 at 12:14 AM

I'll get back to you as soon as I'm in a relationship.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 20, 2005 at 11:54 AM

Good questions and nice pic blackstar....Ok I'm lacking the emotional relationship and I believe I can offer all 3 emotional,sexual,and financial...When I think of emotional I'm thinking of being in a committed relationship,so yes I'm lacking that because long beach men have issues (I'm kidding).
Follow - email me when people comment