The "story" of Jesus(peace and blessings be upon him) is not true! Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 11:54 AM

AMEN!..HOPEFUL..AMEN!
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 11:49 AM

skool write:
    always symantics

Is that anything like some antics? Actually, all joking aside, I believe you have stated it perfectly that a great deal of us would like to learn more about beanpie the person.
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 10:02 AM

always symantics beanpie.. always symantics.... and you are right there is no debate, because the only one that seems to care is yourself
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 08:48 AM

Unfortunately Beanpie likes to give his opinion and a bunch of lierature to back it up..( the wisdom of men is foolishness to God) He likes to debate whether Moses was black or not, or if the first people came from Africa..( i know these things to be true, you dont have to convince me) and I have no problem with that, its good to be proud of who and what you are...but I think many of us would rather know beanpie the person-than beanpie the scholar.The truth is the entire world has been deceived-including Christianity.Satan is the ruler of this world for now..but our Christ will return to rule here on earth..and every knee shall bow and every mouth confess.. ( so it is written )
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 08:24 AM

Wow--I hate to admit it but beanpie almost has a point.In a sense the story of Jesus is not true.Christianity has taken his gospel and made it ABOUT him rather than OF him. The name of God in the old testament is Elohim..it is actually plural normally representing a family."And in the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God." In my own limited attempt to grasp that I always saw it as God planned it and by the Words power it came to be. In the story of the tower of Babel, God remarks let US go down and see. In the old testament the high priest Machelzadek..who had neither father nor mother nor ending of days..but whom Solomon tithed to..who else could that be ? Christ has been many things.. the word, the lamb of God, and now the King of Kings. Only he could pay the price for mankind, because the blood he shed was worth more than all of mankinds.The Word was made flesh..he had to be, otherwise when we stand before our Father we could accuse Him!!
    How can a perfect omnipotent,omnipresent being have a clue what we imperfect mortals go through? Only through his son. God never said to angels or prophets --this is my son with whom i am well pleased. So yes, Jesus had to be tempted--he had to qualify to become the Christ.And because He did he sits at the right hand of the Father, and He will rule over all things because the Father gave him all power and all glory.
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 08:04 AM

brian66 write:
    but personal relationships are temporary and cannot last ,,BUT a relationship with GOD through JESUS is permament..and brings true LASTING happiness..peace to you HOPEFUL..BRIAN

Asolutely!! Once you are heaven born you are heaven bound and there is nothing, not anything at all that can take that away from you.
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 04:24 AM

i lived with a black woman for 8rs and we had 2 boys ..and they were 8 of the happiest years of my life..but personal relationships are temporary and cannot last ,,BUT a relationship with GOD through JESUS is permament..and brings true LASTING happiness..peace to you HOPEFUL..BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 04:08 AM

remember HOPEFUL, JESUS said no man can come to me unless the FATHER call him..Shalom .. BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2005 at 03:14 AM

beanpie write:

Sir, this is merely your opinion.

Now WHY does this statement┬┐┬┐sound sooo familiar? =o/
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 07:28 PM

This world we live in is Satan's dominion and is the very reason for so very many different religious beliefs that have existed through out the ages. God never designed such a thing. But to prove my point to those who may not be aware (but not you beanpie as I know you don't believe in the New Testament), but if this world was not Satan's then he would not have been in the position to offer it to Jesus, while in the wilderness for forty days immediately after His Baptism, if He would only bow down to Satan.
    I sure hope you don't harbor any animosity towards me or people like me beanpie, as I sure don't with you. I do enjoy and welcome stimulating conversation and love to learn with an open mind. But I haven't heard anything from you that has indicated any semblance of proof of what you believe in other than quoting sources stating other people's opinions and beliefs that simply support your own. I am a truth seeker and have an open mind to such things, so I ask you please produce for me some concrete evidence that what you say is true. But on the other hand, what is it that you are saying as you haven't yet stated to me what it is that you do believe in.
    I'm sorry, but I believe I now will go to other posts here and spout some of my opinions and beliefs that Black Women are the most beautiful, spiritual, sensual and genuine people in the whole world, after all, that's why I signed here up in the first place.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 07:25 PM

I see. Opinion... And you have not done so huh. Furthermore, you haven't said one word to counter any of the points I have made to you about my personal findings. Very interesting. As I have said you have totally closed your mind to such matters.
    I assume you are of Islamic faith and consider it a sin to be equal to God. This is a question I asked of you earlier and you never answered. I guess you probably forgot, and I can understand that, but still I would like to know what do you have faith in.
    Yes I am aware that in May 325 AD the members of the council meet to consider the question that had been causing some strife among religious people, and that was "Is Jesus equal to God or is He something else?". This sir is a prime example of what goes on when man gets involved and attempts to dictate what religion is all about. It goes on to this very day. Why look at the Jesus Seminar. Many (not all) of these people are confessed to be Christians yet deny most of everything Jesus spoke of and is written in the New Testament, which in some Bibles it would be written in red letter. But as far as they are concerned, Jesus' words in the Holy Scriptures have been dwindled down to practically nothing.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 06:45 PM

2 , a presbyter of the church of Alexandria proposed another system in 318, in which the Savior is understood as an angelic being, the first and greatest of the creatures, through whom God creates everything else. This being is given authority over the whole of creation as its governor in God's place.
    Unlike God, however, this Word of God is a creature, changeable and self-determining. He is capable of sinning and of remaining faithful to God.
    At a certain point in time, this angelic being entered the material world, as a man, to bring assistance to human beings. He did this in a number of ways.
    1. He entered into direct conflict with the demons and overcame them by his power and goodness. He was truly tempted by them and he could have sinned but he did not sin. In this way, he weakened the power of the demons, he showed humans that the demons could be overcome and showed them what true fidelity to God would be. Moreover, he clarified the moral law and the reward for fidelity.
    2. He was a martyr or witness to the truth of God. Even though he was killed by the demons and their agents, he was faithful to God and therefore he was raised from the dead and given a new glory, which he had earned by his fidelity to God. He gained a power of intercession so that he could forgive sins.
    3. He earned an even higher position in the world for himself. God, as creator, gave him a position which was even higher than he had before. He is to be the judge of the living and the dead. Moreover, he is placed in this position in a permanent way, so that he cannot fail again. God exercised a creative power which would fix the Word in the good which he had already chosen.
    4. Philippians 2.6-11 is the primary text for this Christology, although it is compatible with the synoptics and perhaps even with John. The point is that this Jesus is a kind of heavenly being, though he is not naturally divine. The salvific action which he performs is the acti...
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 06:45 PM

2 , a presbyter of the church of Alexandria proposed another system in 318, in which the Savior is understood as an angelic being, the first and greatest of the creatures, through whom God creates everything else. This being is given authority over the whole of creation as its governor in God's place.
    Unlike God, however, this Word of God is a creature, changeable and self-determining. He is capable of sinning and of remaining faithful to God.
    At a certain point in time, this angelic being entered the material world, as a man, to bring assistance to human beings. He did this in a number of ways.
    1. He entered into direct conflict with the demons and overcame them by his power and goodness. He was truly tempted by them and he could have sinned but he did not sin. In this way, he weakened the power of the demons, he showed humans that the demons could be overcome and showed them what true fidelity to God would be. Moreover, he clarified the moral law and the reward for fidelity.
    2. He was a martyr or witness to the truth of God. Even though he was killed by the demons and their agents, he was faithful to God and therefore he was raised from the dead and given a new glory, which he had earned by his fidelity to God. He gained a power of intercession so that he could forgive sins.
    3. He earned an even higher position in the world for himself. God, as creator, gave him a position which was even higher than he had before. He is to be the judge of the living and the dead. Moreover, he is placed in this position in a permanent way, so that he cannot fail again. God exercised a creative power which would fix the Word in the good which he had already chosen.
    4. Philippians 2.6-11 is the primary text for this Christology, although it is compatible with the synoptics and perhaps even with John. The point is that this Jesus is a kind of heavenly being, though he is not naturally divine. The salvific action which he performs is the acti...
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 06:40 PM

The Council of Nicea

1. The problem for Christianity was to understand the two sets of assertions about Jesus:
    The synoptic gospels present Jesus as a human who was given divine power but who then struggled and achieved victory over forces of evil and raised to heavenly power; Despite the authority which Jesus had to exercise, there were moments in which he was tempted--in the desert, in the garden and on the cross--and had to exercise faith in God.
    In a similar way, the Pauline analysis of the status of the Mosaic Law indicates that Jesus himself exercised faith in God, renewing and fulfilling the covenant with Abraham.
    This Jesus is savior by offering a sacrifice, or exercising faith, or doing something else which is truly a human action, something which has to be done by a human rather than by a divine being.
    The Fourth Gospel, and Colossians 1:15-20 present Jesus as a heavenly being who brought divine wisdom to earth and destroyed the power of evil through his own internal power and goodness.
    In the salvation theory of John, Jesus brings life by showing the divine light in the world so that anyone who believes in him will be saved and brought to life. His flesh and blood are life-giving through contact.
    Thus the salvific work of Jesus is basically divine. It does not rely upon human action but on divine action.

2. The challenge to the early church was to bring these two perspectives into accord with one another. The subordinationist views of the Word who was the divine agent in the world basically took Jesus as a divine being whose saving action was divine action.
    Origen proposed a system in the third century which understood Jesus as a union of a divine and human being, a kind of partnership, in which the divine provided the strength and guidance while the human did the changing and suffering. The problem with this was that it did not deal with the unity of the Savior: that he is obviously a single individual.

3. A...
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 06:20 PM

Again, you are spouting an "opinion" or, call it your "belief".

I am certain you are aware of the "Council of Nicea"(325 AD), where Jesus(pbuh) was made "officially god"? There were Christians who DID NOT believe him to be the "equal of God"?

But, you were already aware, correct?
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 04:16 PM

beanpie write:

Sir, this is merely your opinion.

Actually this is inherently true for all Christians to hold to this which we believe to be true. I made mention of this not to give you insight as you apparently you have certainly formulated your own and now have closed your mind to all else. I am not trying to persuade you to conform to my opinions or beliefs. I wrote this for others to read and find out some of the basis for Christian beliefs. Certainly I'm not suggesting that Christ is what you need beanpie by making the above statement (actually He is what all of us need). In the context of my statement, He is what we as Christians need, as I firmly believe that the temparature in Hades will drop somewhat below 32 degrees when you accept this to be true. But that's totally on you, not me. All I can do to you or anyone else is to merely tell you about Jesus and let God do the rest. Period. But that won't deter me for praying for you regardless of whether you want me to or not. I do care. And I wouldn't be so firmly rooted in such had I not discovered for myself some of what I told you about earlier. This literally changed my life, and that is not merely my opinion.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 03:52 PM

Beanpie,

I sure hope you know the God of which hopeful2findu is speaking of... the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, He who sent his son Jesus (The Christ) as a just compensation of our sins... Who then sent the Comforter (the Holy Spirit) after Jesus was ascended to sit at the right hand of the father.... of which they are one now... the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
    If you are talking about any other God than this one... you will indeed be in for a big surprise on that day.

And it is not for me to discuss with you or for you to reply back in defense. This is just to think about... SELAH
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 03:24 PM

beanpie write:
    Sir, I believe on "The Day Of Judgment", God shall inform us, who was correct and who was incorrect.

I CONSIDER HIM TO BE "THE BEST KNOWER". Not you or, me.

Truer words have never been spoken. And thank goodness we are not and will not be judged by anyone other than God.

But don't think for one second that He isn't trying to tell us right here and now while we have a chance to listen to Him. Could you or would you if you were He, keep such a thing a secret? Absolutely not! The fact is that it's totally up to us to listen. He HAS provided us with enough information to find our way to Him, and we will if we sincerely seek Him. This doesn't mean there are not mysteries that I wished there were answers to, but my little feeble mind just can't comprehend.
    God has only provided us with partial explanations on many topics like where is He in all the suffering taking place in the world, and many, many other things. Maybe He knows a better explanation is not good for us. I don't know why. I'm obviously curious, and as a human being I wish He had given us more information. But He knew that Jesus was more than an explanation. He's what we really need. If you have a friend that's sick and dying, the most important thing he wants is not an explanation; he wants you to sit with him. He's terrified of being alone more than anything else. So God has not left us alone. Even though we live in a broken world, Jesus was honest enough to tell us we would experience trials and tribulations. Sure I would like to understand more about why but the ultimate answer is Jesus' presence. I know this sounds sappy, but just wait until your world is rocked, you don't want philosophy or theology as much as you want the reality of Christ. He is the very answer we need.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 03:23 AM

hopeful,
    Of course the quote's not origonally mine ;-)

But *mwah!*
    Bless you for the "lovely and talented" compliment!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 29, 2005 at 09:05 PM

Now I could go on about this topic, but there is far too much data to cover in just a few posts in this forum. Also, to quote the lovely and talented Samantha in one of her posts to you, I am not the sharpest crayon in the box, so the plain truth is I am not the best person to set here and tell you the definitive answer to all thing concerning Jesus, there are others who could, and I will point you to them if you care to educate yourself.
    Now beanpie, I am not writing all this simply to appease you or to convince you otherwise, as I firmly believe that you have hardened your heart to the point that you are unreachable concerning even something as logistical as this is. My concerns is you spreading these untruths regarding Jesus on this site and any other medium you happen to use, and thus others hearing such and are swayed by your rhetoric.
    But it is very important for you to know that I admire you for your passion and love for your heritage. This is a beautiful thing as I have told you previously and it's unfortunate that more aren't as equally concerned or involved. But the sad part of it is you are so very mistaken concerning Jesus. After all, the only thing at stake here is where will we spend eternity.
Follow - email me when people comment