Drawing the Color Line Cultures and Education Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Apr 07, 2012 at 06:56 PM

Quoting cyupanqui:

It's not the past. Europeans continue treating Native Americans like crap in most of this continent. And the invasions you see in the news are always by some white country against a poorer, darker country.

So the abuses are not in the past. In the USA, perhaps most abuses are in the past already. But on a global scale, colonialism continues and still uses deadly violence to make a point, from stopping people from forming unions to get decent wages to toppling a government because it does not sell minerals or oil cheap enough to the West, or just having political leaders assassinated because they dare to oppose corporate interests.

It's not the past. It's now.

You're right. It's not over. Very recently the governor of one of the Dakotas, I'm not sure which one, said that the only good Injun is a dead Injun. People still mean that. And I sometime get treated WORSE when I tell people I'm Native American just to stop the shitty way they're treating me when they initially think I'm "black." Then I get treated MORE like a stupid slut who must not know anything, must have dropped out of high school, must have an alcohol or drug problem, must have out of wedlock babies, must have a prison record and not teaching credentials and a couple of college degrees....and certainly NOT in math or the sciences. When I call people out on this crap they excuse themselves by implying that I'm "all that" but even that's gross to me. Indian women are nice looking so what, we must be stupid brainless sluts? That's even worse than the way they were treating me when they thought I was "black." And it's even worse in Canada because even up THERE when I have to beat off the people who think I"m "black" then they won't keep their damn hands off of me, literally. Like, up there if it's "black" you get patronizingly sympathetic to its "historical oppression" but if it's First Nations you just start touching it all over......?! Yuck, on both counts.

And yes, this is on a daily basis, in the 21st century, even now in 2012. Not just 50 or 100 years ago. Discrimination or differential treatment is a daily part of our lives that we inherit just for having brown skin. TO THIS DAY. It's far from "over."
  • 45Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2006 at 06:49 PM

beanpie write:
    An EXTREMELY serious ethnological mistake...

17-AUG-06

According to my geneology, I am 1/64th Caucasian vs. almost 1/8th NATIVE AMERICAN.

Now,where do YOU suppose the nose and cheeckbone cane from.

LOL

sol

I'm betting implants from Dr. Rey from Beverly Hills 90210.......... check your local cable listings.......

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 17, 2006 at 01:43 AM

It's not the past. Europeans continue treating Native Americans like crap in most of this continent. And the invasions you see in the news are always by some white country against a poorer, darker country.

So the abuses are not in the past. In the USA, perhaps most abuses are in the past already. But on a global scale, colonialism continues and still uses deadly violence to make a point, from stopping people from forming unions to get decent wages to toppling a government because it does not sell minerals or oil cheap enough to the West, or just having political leaders assassinated because they dare to oppose corporate interests.

It's not the past. It's now.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 02, 2005 at 11:09 AM

Diana007 write:

And again****** BZ ******* Kash

thanks Di!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2005 at 01:45 PM

kashmirkat write:

You are self evident within your rants of anger and out of control ramblings. Prove to everyone here that you're not a loon, post current info that has real bearing in real time situations.

And again****** BZ ******* Kash
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2005 at 10:20 AM

beanpie007 write:
    kashmirkat write:

beanpie007 write:
    "You have failed to be: hate-free...

please, put your "money where your mouth is".

Present evidence, not simply your "opinion".

Your denial knows no bounds. I will "present" whatever pleases me, regardless and in spite of your wishes for me to do otherwise.

THERE IS NO MYSTERY.

The reason you have provided NO evidence to, back up ANY "opinion" about me, is simple.

You can not.
    ==========================

You are self evident within your rants of anger and out of control ramblings. Prove to everyone here that you're not a loon, post current info that has real bearing in real time situations.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 01, 2005 at 06:44 AM

kashmirkat write:

yeah, but I'm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn CLOSE. Closing in on your dysfunction. It's only a matter of time. Hope you don't implode or explode before then............tick tick tick

My only wish is to be a fly on the wall when it happens!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 29, 2005 at 03:16 PM

kashmirkat write:

beanpie007 write:
    "You have failed to be: hate-free...

please, put your "money where your mouth is".

Present evidence, not simply your "opinion".

Your denial knows no bounds. I will "present" whatever pleases me, regardless and in spite of your wishes for me to do otherwise.

THERE IS NO MYSTERY.

The reason you have provided NO evidence to, back up ANY "opinion" about me, is simple.

You can not.
    ==========================
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 28, 2005 at 11:18 AM

beanpie007 write:
    "I understand so much in your response. It appears that you were not raised by your parents and don't know them, am I correct?"

no.

yeah, but I'm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn CLOSE. Closing in on your dysfunction. It's only a matter of time. Hope you don't implode or explode before then............tick tick tick
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 27, 2005 at 01:40 PM

"I understand so much in your response. It appears that you were not raised by your parents and don't know them, am I correct?"

no.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 27, 2005 at 09:49 AM

kashmirkat write:

I understand so much in your response. It appears that you were not raised by your parents and don't know them, am I correct? If that is the case then I am truely sorry for your pain. However, your anger in this forum is misguided and displaced. There are times I think you are capable of "snapping" and are capable of much harm toward others. I really hope I'm wrong about it. You do need to vent, but with a trained professional who can help you bring resolution to your anger and pain.

I strongly concurr with KASH !
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 26, 2005 at 08:15 AM

beanpie007 write:
    "oooooooh you "stongly suggest" do you? I, unlike you don't mind admitting when I'm incorrect. Your grandmother did not give birth to you Beanpie, so why are you hanging on to her bloodline so ferociously? What were YOUR PARENTS? Pretty obvious you have something you're ashamed of.

To my knowledge, both parents were Black, of African descent.

And yes, I "strongly suggest".

I understand so much in your response. It appears that you were not raised by your parents and don't know them, am I correct? If that is the case then I am truely sorry for your pain. However, your anger in this forum is misguided and displaced. There are times I think you are capable of "snapping" and are capable of much harm toward others. I really hope I'm wrong about it. You do need to vent, but with a trained professional who can help you bring resolution to your anger and pain.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2005 at 08:28 PM

"oooooooh you "stongly suggest" do you? I, unlike you don't mind admitting when I'm incorrect. Your grandmother did not give birth to you Beanpie, so why are you hanging on to her bloodline so ferociously? What were YOUR PARENTS? Pretty obvious you have something you're ashamed of.

To my knowledge, both parents were Black, of African descent.

And yes, I "strongly suggest".
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2005 at 03:05 PM

beanpie007 write:

Ma'am, your figures are VERY incorrect for, my greatgrandmother was 1/4 Caucasian and 3/4's Native American. She married a Black man.

I strongly suggest you redo your calculations.

=================================

oooooooh you "stongly suggest" do you? I, unlike you don't mind admitting when I'm incorrect. Your grandmother did not give birth to you Beanpie, so why are you hanging on to her bloodline so ferociously? What were YOUR PARENTS? Pretty obvious you have something you're ashamed of.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2005 at 01:55 PM

65Classic write:
    I see no reason to hide factual information.

BTW - I don't consider my self w/the problem. Therefore, I do not feel it is up to me to offer a solution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You SHOULD consider yourself part of the problem by attempting to stir up interracial hatred.
    KashmirKat is right about you, and it would seem that :
    1)You have OCD (more commonly known as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
    2)You have NOT learned to accept and love yourself for who you are
    3)You have obviously lost the part of your brain whereby you can assimilate information and in some way apply it to life or circumstances in any kind of meaningful way... you simply regurgitate the same mouthful of hatred over and over

You know Beanie,

You asked if people taught their children about their African American Heritage, but is that the only part of a biracial child's heritage that YOU believe is important ?

Some of you act as if you know me and my thoughts. YOU DO NOT!!!

i HAVE ONLY POSTED THE FACTS W/OUT MY PERSONAL OPINION YET, SOME SAY I AM SPREADING "HATE"!
    YET, WHEN ASKED TO PRESENT EVIDENCE, NO ONE EVER DOES!

NOW, I READILY ADMIT TO BEING "ANGRY" AT THE ACTIONS OF SOME CAUCASIANS. PAST AND PRESENT!

SOME OF YOU CAN NOT FACE THE FACTS. YOU CLAIM THAT I AM "RACIST" OR SPREADING "HATE".

JUST FOR TELLING THE VERIFIABLE TRUTH!?!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2005 at 07:23 AM

I have a solution for you beanpie...
    ZOLOFT!!!!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2005 at 11:21 AM

Each year the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) compiles volume and rate of crime offenses for the United States , each State, and individual agencies in the report Crime in the United States. In 2003, more than 17,000 city, county, and State law enforcement agencies reported crime data to the national Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program via Summary reporting or the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS). As a part of this data collection, the FBI also presents data regarding incidents, offenses, victims, and offenders in reported crimes that were motivated in whole or in part by a bias against the victim's perceived race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Those agencies that participated in the hate crime data collection program represented nearly 83 percent of the Nation's population, and their jurisdictions covered 49 states and the District of Columbia. This information can be found in the section labeled Hate Crime Statistics. The latest edition, Hate Crime Statistics, 2003, was released in November 2004 and include the following findings:

?Racial bias motivated more than half (52.5 percent) of the 8,706 single-bias hate crime offenses reported in 2003. Religious bias and sexual orientation bias each accounted for 16.4 percent of all reported single-bias hate crimes reported. Ethnicity/national origin bias prompted 14.2 percent of offenses, and disability bias spurred 0.5 percent of bias-motivated offenses.?

"Sixty-one percent of hate crime incidents were motivated by race, 14 percent by religion, 13 percent by sexual orientation, 11 percent by ethnicity, and 1 percent by victim disability."

"Racially and ethnically motivated incidents were the most likely to be violent. Overall, 66% of race-related incidents and 69% of ethnic-related incidents involved a violent crime. In a quarter of racial or ethnically motivated incidents, intimidation was the most serious offense."

• View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2005 at 11:05 AM

kashmirkat write:

beanpie007 write:
    Ma'am,

I am a Black man who has Caucasian ancestors.

======================

You are black, white and indian, according to you, so you are 50% black, 25%Indian, and 25% white, if your ancestry is accurate. It's clear you don't acknowledge your whole ancestry.

Ma'am, your figures are VERY incorrect for, my greatgrandmother was 1/4 Caucasian and 3/4's Native American. She married a Black man.

I strongly suggest you redo your calculations.

• View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2005 at 10:56 AM

kashmirkat write:

beanpie007 write:
    Ma'am,

I am a Black man who has Caucasian ancestors.

======================

You are black, white and indian, according to you, so you are 50% black, 25%Indian, and 25% white, if your ancestry is accurate. It's clear you don't acknowledge your whole ancestry.

The "opinion" of a person not in question, has no meaning.

For example, Mr. Tiger Woods chooses to refer to himself as "CABLASIAN" HONORING HIS CAUCASIAN, BLACK AND ASIAN ancestry. In my "opinion", he is a Black man of African descent, who has Caucasian as well as Asian ancestors.

So, basically, it is my "opinion" vs his.

Mine does not matter because he identifies w/that which he chooses to.

In the same manner, your "opinion" means nothing.

• View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2005 at 05:59 AM

I see no reason to hide factual information.

BTW - I don't consider my self w/the problem. Therefore, I do not feel it is up to me to offer a solution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You SHOULD consider yourself part of the problem by attempting to stir up interracial hatred.
    KashmirKat is right about you, and it would seem that :
    1)You have OCD (more commonly known as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
    2)You have NOT learned to accept and love yourself for who you are
    3)You have obviously lost the part of your brain whereby you can assimilate information and in some way apply it to life or circumstances in any kind of meaningful way... you simply regurgitate the same mouthful of hatred over and over

You know Beanie,

You asked if people taught their children about their African American Heritage, but is that the only part of a biracial child's heritage that YOU believe is important ?
Follow - email me when people comment