Relocate for Love? relationships

• View author's info Posted on Mar 11, 2007 at 01:30 PM

If you really connected with the right person, would you relocate for them? I know this can be a hard decision for many people. Could you do it for love?
  • 15Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Yes I would.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 02, 2012 at 06:49 PM

Yes I would
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 17, 2011 at 09:54 AM

I would!! Home is defo' where the heart is. As long as i know it is what both party yearns for. I could move, start over new if need be, i know it would not be easy, but who wants to live with whats if's' or become a "old maiden" with no love :) No one every said we are going to find love in our own cities , country or even continent!!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 13, 2011 at 09:07 AM

It would depend on a lot of different factors. Espevislly if there are children involved. You have to consider schoold, employment opprotunities housing costs.
    Not to mention the financial questions when you are ready to blend two families together.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 11, 2009 at 01:37 PM

I would definately relocate if I found the right person! To me a house is just a house unless you have someone special to share it with. No risks = Regrets. I'd hate to live my life thinking "if only I had taken the chance".
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 14, 2009 at 06:38 PM

smartygirl. this is papagreese. i'm no longer a member. email me

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Maybe I am not sure but it would take time I would have to be really sure that I was making the right choice. After all I have seen some guys on this site living in the US who I have thought dam...he's really fine, sexy and interesting so perhaps if the connection and relationship was right. :)
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 08, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Definitely. I think I'm probably leaving La. within the next year or two, anyway. I've been asking myself the opposite question: Would I stay for love? I dunno about that. lol She'd have to be pretty special.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2008 at 05:02 PM

I'm very grateful that I am in the field of education so that relocation is not too difficult for me. My military background also lends to my nomadic abilities not being thwarted. It is really an individual decision. I have been praying for the woman that God wants me to spend my life with. If He makes it clear who she is and she lives in another State, who am I to say no to God?

It might be a bit difficult establishing a very close relationship over a long distance but it has happened to millions of people in the past.

I would do it for love.

Great question.

~Billy
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2008 at 03:26 AM

Yes I would!!!
    No doubt.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 18, 2008 at 03:54 PM

I would. It would have to be a mutual decision though. He'd have to really want me with him, and I'd have to really want to be with him. If those things are true...everything else will work itself out. Jobs, families, adjusting....it would all fall into place.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 03, 2008 at 09:24 PM

I would relocate for LOVE. :)
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 10, 2008 at 01:58 AM

Yes I would relocate for the woman I love. It is easier for a man than a woman.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 11, 2007 at 07:42 PM

She'd have to totally knock my socks off for me to relocate permanently. That being the case, without hesitation!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 18, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Oh heck yes! :)

"Home is where the heart is" as the phrase goes and I rather have a home for my heart than let it wander around homeless.

And in my case relocating wouldn't be much of an issue:
    1. I can design everywhere, only thing I need is stable source of electricity and broadband connection.

2. I have head for languages, so even if I'd relocate in to a country where English is not official language I would probably be more or less fluent in two or three years.

3. Family and friends stay as my family and friends no matter where I am.

4. I rather leave everything I have (except my books, cats and music!) and am loved than miserable because I am not brave enough.

You can say that I have thought about this quite much (almost moved to Thailand last year)... :P

Unfortunately many seem to be afraid of distances, even it is just a word.