Today Im ashamed of being white in America Cultures and Education Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 10:14 AM

Today I am JUST PLAIN DISGUSTED at white people.......WIlliam Bennet's
    comments made me want to throw up! A former government official mentioning, in a cavalier fashion, on national radio, the genocide of all black chldren by abortion is an indication of the deep and boldly blatant rascism in this country. They have no shame and don't even try and hide it!

Then I saw a intense documentary about black slavery - dramatic readings by
    black actors of interviews done with former slaves in the 1930s...describing the torture, whippings, cruelty and wholesale callousness of white owners against slaves.......I saw photographs of scarred backs cross hatched with ridges of scars, I heard stories of families sold off separately, desparate attempts to escape and be free........I just sat there and cried...I am ashamed to be white in America today.....In fact
    I AM ASHAMED TO BE AMERICAN TODAY!!!!!!
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 113Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2014 at 02:46 PM

This moment perhaps I could think humans are no so very puny as I usually do.  Thank you, wonderful people.  Kudos to everyone in the room.  Let's all be John and Yoko.  Amen.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 15, 2007 at 05:06 PM

I didn't read all five pages of reply, however responding to the original poster, I don't believe you should be ashamed to be white, I mean all the activism that leaders such as MLK, Jesie Jackson has done was not to put down Europeans but raise everyone to equal level.
    This concept of "guilt" because you have Priviledge, and I don't? Do you feel bad about racism that is here today? (Nevermind about 100 years ago because that is in the past, and we can't change that, Im talking about TODAY!) Well posting on this forum won't erradicate racism or classism, but getting out there and doing something will. Everyone talks about decline of world's morality, but hardly anyone will do anything about it.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 18, 2007 at 06:23 AM

not ALL white people were racist in those days just as no ALL are racist today,there are always some who know the truth of things......BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2007 at 08:12 PM

hey their are slave owners who treated their slaves good like the young beautiful white lady who was almost executed because her boss thought that she stole their milk but it spilled so she became a slave in a way for 2 years i forgot the name of it , its like a prisoner .After leaving she bought a small land with little money that she had and bought 2 black men slaves to help her,she fell in love with one of them and she released them after 2 years or so and she marry this guy moved away because people didn
    t like the idea of inter racial couples 1 of her grandsons became a mathematician.Not all slave owners mind set are the same.I wish i saw a movie on these success stories but they only shown the bad side of it,i saw a movie called roots and it made me to think that all white people were racist back in those days.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 04, 2007 at 02:22 PM

New Interracial Movie ...
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2006 at 04:47 PM

Shameless1 write:
    Today I am JUST PLAIN DISGUSTED at white people.......WIlliam Bennet's
    comments made me want to throw up! A former government official mentioning, in a cavalier fashion, on national radio, the genocide of all black chldren by abortion is an indication of the deep and boldly blatant rascism in this country. They have no shame and don't even try and hide it!

Then I saw a intense documentary about black slavery - dramatic readings by
    black actors of interviews done with former slaves in the 1930s...describing the torture, whippings, cruelty and wholesale callousness of white owners against slaves.......I saw photographs of scarred backs cross hatched with ridges of scars, I heard stories of families sold off separately, desparate attempts to escape and be free........I just sat there and cried...I am ashamed to be white in America today.....In fact
    I AM ASHAMED TO BE AMERICAN TODAY!!!!!!

i can completely understand your emotions in your writing...... it is a very difficult thing for people when the walls of rhetoric and deception are pulled away, at times exposing a reality that for most is too horrific to comprehend or even pretend to validate. man's inhumanity upon himself goes beyond explanation when in the same breath he looks for immortality and legacy.....
    it has become too anorexic and lame to say 'can't we ALL get along'......
    obviously we can't...... but some of us do...... and the wish for increasing numbers is there..... but one thing that can happen is to make it a better place......

it would be a good thing to take the shame that you have put down here and put it to good use..... turn it around and learn from the horror and help make it NOT happen again..... a long journey, but it can be done.......

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2006 at 04:17 PM

raindancer write:
    Oh and one more thing Mr Beanpie, Columbus did not discover America, how could he us natives were already here. And when Columbus got here he thought he was in India thus the indian name given to us by Mr Columbus.

And you know what Columbus was so interested in my people he took us across the ocean blue for slaves. Women and children and the women were raped along the way.

Get out of your box and look outside of it once in awhile.

indeed......... it had been rumored that CC had a speach impediment.....possibly hare-lip or cleft palate...... so between that and his native tongue, what has been thought to have been said as 'Thar be INDIANS...!!!' may have actually have been 'Thar be INDIGENOUS...!!!'

that's my story and i'm sticking to it....

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2006 at 05:59 PM

beanpie write:
    YOU TALK IN TERMS OF "OUR" COUNTRY.

I, FOR ONE, DO NOT CHOOSE TO CLAIM THIS COUNTRY AS MY OWN.

WOW...!!! THAT...!!! IS REALLY PROFOUND.... YOU REALLY WROTE THAT YOURSELF...??? I'VE SEEN THAT LINE BEFORE........hmmmmmmmmmm............ OH...!!! YOU DID...!!! ON THIS SITE...!!!!
    HEY...!!! IS IT OK IF I TAKE IT ACROSS THE HALL AND SHOW IT TO EVERYBODY....???

but enjoying the perks and benefits....... quite a few helpings of freedom of speech.....
    airline schedules available on line..... ground transports do cross the border.
    unless..... unless you are under house arrest, wearing an ankle cuff complete w/GPS chip. witness protection program is unlikely but always possible......
    that 1/8th must really hurt.......

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Apr 02, 2006 at 01:26 PM

beanpie write:
    I'm haven't made this up...

Interpretation please.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 09:20 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    Beanpie, I am so glad that you agree that Shameless1 should be ashamed of her race. You see, utilizing your own wisdom, it shows that you should be ashamed of your race for the things that they do and have done. You go, Beanpie!

It sounds like you may have stuck your foot in your own mouth.

He has stuck his own foot in his mouth many times before, why should this be any different???
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 09:18 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    My question to you Beanpie is, "Being that Shameless1 is the type of woman that she is, would you welcome such a woman in a relationship? Or, do you hate whites regardless?"

You probably need a good white woman to straighten you out, Beanpie.

TOUCHE Midlove. Me thinks he dost protest toooooooooo much!!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 04:18 PM

My question to you Beanpie is, "Being that Shameless1 is the type of woman that she is, would you welcome such a woman in a relationship? Or, do you hate whites regardless?"

You probably need a good white woman to straighten you out, Beanpie.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 04:01 PM

Now, Shameless1, I can understand you being ashamed of being white in America. This problem boils down to it being difficult to prevent others from seeing you with the same perspective. You, at least, want to reverse the matter as soon as it appears.

This is why I mentioned earlier that I don't want to be associated with the same style of behavior as certain people. Mainly those, who present themselves in a prideful and immoral manner.

I can make it a little more difficult to equate me with others of my race by not wearing pants that fall off of my behind. However, you, dressing classy and looking well off, would easily send a message that you are one of them. I see your situation as being more difficult to overcome, but not impossible.

It all boils down to, "Can we seperate ourselves from those that we feel are undesireable". If we can't, it can be embarrassing as long as we are perceived as one of them".

Unless we can prove that their perception is a result of imperfections on their end, we can feel embarrassed by things we know aren't true for ourselves.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 19, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Oh and one more thing Mr Beanpie, Columbus did not discover America, how could he us natives were already here. And when Columbus got here he thought he was in India thus the indian name given to us by Mr Columbus.

And you know what Columbus was so interested in my people he took us across the ocean blue for slaves. Women and children and the women were raped along the way.

Get out of your box and look outside of it once in awhile.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 19, 2006 at 10:51 PM

You know what Beanpie my people the native american fought for this country to, have you ever watched code talkers,if it was not for the native americans I know of one war that would have never been won World War two and now that most of the Native American soldiers that fought in that war is going the gov finally gives them a medal.

Your race is not the only race who suffered in this country. My people were taken as slaves by the Mexicans and the whites. My people accepted your people in there nation when no one else wanted them after the civil war.

And another thing if you dont like it here on my peoples land then get out of it and stop complaining. Every post I have read of yours on different foruims was just closed minded garbage. So who needs any more people like you running around this country.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 19, 2006 at 10:26 PM

You're right raindancer. I admire the fact that you know what's going on.

Yes I do know what is going on, and my race is not perfect either, for a group of people who was once so family and tribe orinated, on the rez if someone just happens to make something out of themselves they forget there own.

And then complain about the problems there, maybe there would not be so many problems if the ones who did make something out of themselves and help pull up the ones who are in trouble up there would not be so much poverity.

As to my own race, some try to destroy one another there is intertribal fighting and there is still fighting between all the tribes and yes each one does get taken down before there eyes, by achohal abuse, drugs, loss of hope and loss of pride in who they are. And some get taken down by greed.

And no I cant feel sorry for everyone in my own race, but I do feel sorry for the Elders because the teenagers has lost hope and lost respect for the Elders , the teenagers are losing there culture, language, traditions because of there disrespect for the Elders. The Elders will not be around forever then where will my people be in more hopelessness then they already are.

Clash of pride goes on in my own race too. I just wish my people could open there eyes and minds before it is to late.

People do trust in the Government, that only pulls the weak down and the strong up. NO question about that. If there was not so much corruption this US would be a better place to live. If everyone on government would get there hands out of each others pockets.

Seems you may understand better then anybody I have ever opened this subject of my culture, the government never saying they were wrong in the treatment of my people. I dont think they are sorry for any wrongs they have committed against any race.

The government was founded on the way the Iroquiou's ran there nation in a governmental way. But I dont think they would have been so open with the way the government is today. The government is far from what it was first intended.

Andrew Jackson was the president that distroyed who my people were and every indian nation in the US. Rounded us up like cattle and treated us like animals, stupid savages. Basically the samething the africans were treated. Sometimes I wonder if any of us will get along.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 19, 2006 at 11:22 AM

You're right raindancer. I admire the fact that you know what's going on.

You see, in the black race, we've got people, who will use your weaknesses as a stepping stool to success. They laugh and carry on as if they don't know or care about the big picture. The facts are right in their faces; but, they can't see.

The idea is to encourage them to destroy one another and not to help each other. So, one by one gets taken down before their very eyes.

I realize that you can't feel sorry for everyone; because, they are of your race. The same people may not be your people. Many of my race are too cool for me. They fake pride when there is nothing to be prideful of. Those, which practice racial discrimination, are doing the same to them. It's a clash of pride against one another.

Many can't see energy, don't study energy and therefore, can't discern symbolic energy. Therefore, they keep bumping there heads over and over again, without knowing why.

Their biggest problem is, they trust a government that caters to the rich and powerful, not them. They even control motivations, without the unknowledgeable knowing.

The unknowledgeable say, "Nobody can twist your arm and make you do anything". Yet, everyone is just as mechanical as your automobile sitting in the driveway. Once you know how to assemble energy to fit your needs, your needs will be met.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2006 at 04:09 PM

the genocide of all black chldren

Before the blacks was Native Americans and the US Gov, used Geneocide on them too, from putting small pox infected blankets to give to them to keep warm hoping the small pox would wipe them out. Now who was the first terrists.

To the hundreds that was killed on what is now Thanksgiving. And celebrating the killing of indian men,women and children

Making the Cherokee nation walk thousands of miles to a rezervation in the middle of winter with no shoes and hardly nothing to keep them warms. The Gov planned this hoping that most if not all would die on the way. And hundreds did die on that walk.

The incent slaughter of millions of women and children and warriors to take the land. For the greed and lust for gold and land.

Used indian scouts like dogs and when they were not needed no more did not hold up to there promises and the scouts ended up on rezervations anyway. Rounded the indians up like cattle and penned a nomadic people up and took religous freedoms away, took all of what these people were away.

The Gov has not changed they still have not up held one treaty made with a indian nation yet. The indians land invaded by a people that the woodland indians helped to survive on this land. What did they get for there help and kindness toward another race heart ache and a cattle pen. Stavation, abused, step on, taken advantage of and killed.

The Gov has not changed and never will change.

It seems Europeans love to make slaves out of people even today with there high taxs, there unjust laws, the invasion of other countrys to force them to be in there image. I could go on but it would not change one thing.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2006 at 02:49 PM

Deep down inside, I would love to strangle some enemies of mine. But, I seek peace for all, seeing that I'm not the only one being disrespected and mistreated.

So, starting in April, I will begin to aggressively sale my books. Eventually, it enter the information will enter the courtrooms and create principles for others to choose to present their views. I'm expecially concerned with those, who can't express themselves.

I intend to encourage authorities to see the entire case and not a narrowed down case.

It starts in Minneapolis next month. Somebody may be going to jail.
Follow - email me when people comment