POEMS Family Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 14, 2005 at 10:02 PM

There's Nothing As Nice As Someone Who Shares, Your Laughter, Your Secrets, Your Wishes And Cares, Someone Who's There Through Your Good Times And Tears, Who Stays By Your Side As Your Friend Through The Years, There Is, A Dime A Dozen .... Then There Is, One In A Million .................................... But Baby, You Are Once In A Lifetime .................................. ................................................... ................................OK007
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 19Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 22, 2005 at 06:32 AM

It is all so true, you have a heart of a poet bless you....... muse
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2005 at 06:10 AM

If you stop to think about the summer flower, it's true.

But if you put that flower in a pot, bring it in the house, tend to it carefully-watering it and feeding it....it blooms eternally in the warmpth.
    If you stop to think about the summer flower, it's true.

But if you put that flower in a pot, bring it in the house, tend to it carefully-watering it and feeding it....it blooms eternally in the warmpth.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 05, 2005 at 07:32 PM

hartwise write:
    Desiderata 2
    Be sceptical about romance for it is as transient as a summer flower.

I liked everything except that part.
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2005 at 06:09 AM

On Giving
    Then said a rich man, "Speak to us of Giving."
    And he answered:

You give but little when you give of your possessions.

It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear you may need them tomorrow?

And tomorrow, what shall tomorrow bring to the overprudent dog burying bones in the trackless sand as he follows the pilgrims to the holy city?

And what is fear of need but need itself?

Is not dread of thirst when your well is full, thirst that is unquenchable?

There are those who give little of the much which they have - and they give it for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome.

And there are those who have little and give it all.

These are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty.

There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.

And there are those who give with pain, and that pain is their baptism.

And there are those who give and know not pain in giving, nor do they seek joy, nor give with mindfulness of virtue;

They give as in yonder valley the myrtle breathes its fragrance into space.

Through the hands of such as these God speaks, and from behind their eyes He smiles upon the earth.

It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding;

And to the open-handed the search for one who shall receive is joy greater than giving

And is there aught you would withhold?

All you have shall some day be given;

continued below
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2005 at 06:07 AM

On Giving
    Therefore give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not your inheritors'.

You often say, "I would give, but only to the deserving."

The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture.

They give that they may live, for to withhold is to perish.

Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and his nights is worthy of all else from you.

And he who has deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream.

And what desert greater shall there be than that which lies in the courage and the confidence, nay the charity, of receiving?

And who are you that men should rend their bosom and unveil their pride, that you may see their worth naked and their pride unabashed?

See first that you yourself deserve to be a giver, and an instrument of giving.

For in truth it is life that gives unto life - while you, who deem yourself a giver, are but a witness.

And you receivers - and you are all receivers - assume no weight of gratitude, lest you lay a yoke upon yourself and upon him who gives.

Rather rise together with the giver on his gifts as on wings;

For to be overmindful of your debt, is to doubt his generosity who has the free-hearted earth for mother, and God for father.

From The Prophet by Kahli Gibran
  • View author's info Posted on May 21, 2005 at 11:33 PM

OK007
    when do you have time to cook
    ...for everytime I chance to look...
    another post from your Lifes Book..

as I read, I often ..sigh
    and sometimes friend ,I nearly cry..
    when theres no post ,I'm thinkin'...Why!

Your Words bring Joy upon these threads...
    and visions splendid ...in my head
    It's all tooo much... I'm off to bed
  • View author's info Posted on May 21, 2005 at 09:30 PM

OK007 write:
    Well .... Faith Opens The Door ........ And Your Truth Brings More ............ As I Open The Window ..... To Hear the Same Song .......... So Far Away .......... But yet So Strong ..... There's Nothing Better Than A ...... New Friend ................... And Now You Are my Friend .............................................

in reply

Listen How I Sing Thee....

Lay upon the earth my friend and hear my song...
    for it will come to you at nightime...and when your heart is bare..
    take you to high places...for you alone to share...

listen now , I sing thee...tenderly my song...
    when all of those around you, are untrue and are unfair...
    Lay down upon my garden.....I sing ....to take you there

softly how I sing thee... angels bring your song
    it will come to you in morning ....on dawns arising light
    hands unto my garden......I sing ..... toil will find delight

Waves upon the ocean ..mist that sings you strong
    Lifts your heart ands sings you...loves synchronistic song
    All that you desire............up where you belong

Now that I have sung thee....lay upon my bed...
    Take me to your garden ...and I will lay my head
    and as now you sing me... tenderly thy song.....

We shed the world around us...not just our skin is bare..
    Our love is in the garden......its what we truly share...
    we send our song unto you.. like stardust thro the air

Lay upon the earth my friend.....you too will hear my song
    it may come to you at anytime...so take it if you dare...
    and travel to those places .. for you & yours to share.....

.....Listen How I Sing Thee....

hartwise (c) May 19th 2005
  • View author's info Posted on May 21, 2005 at 07:06 PM

.... I Flew What Can I Say, Soard On Wings Of Cunning Skill As I Chased The Birds Across The Skies, In A Craft That No Man Had Made, My Passing , Lift No Trace, On The Insubtantial Road I Trod, As I Race Amongst The Furtive Winds, In the Playground Of The God's, Up, Up. I Climbs, Not Tied To Earth, But Free To Take To The Air, To Fling My Earthbound Species Up, Was The Challenge, Is The Dare, But Then She Flew, What Can I Say, On Silvered Wing And Fin, In My Imagination Perhaps .... I'll fiy with Her Again, In That Race across The Sky, Like Birds Among The clouds And Winds, .... To swoop, .... To Soar, .................................. To Fly ....................
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2005 at 09:33 PM

Your heart in tune... with thoughts of mine
    once lingered... there.. no light did shine

both wished for love and sweet caress
    till morning brought.. but emptiness
    trekked the road thats travelled less
    passion , pain , endure , duress...

over mountain, throughout time
    we brake the chains of past decline
    hand in hand we too combine
    banish fears, thru tears sublime...

for I am yours and you I'll mind..
    darling... if your so inclined...
    Hartwise (c)May 2005
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 06:49 PM

Desiderata 2
    Don't go placidly amid the apathy and lethargy. Remember that your silence is consent and there can be no peace where there is injustice.

You can't please all the people all the time, so shout your truth from the mountain top and don't accept nonsense from the bigoted, the ignorant and the self-serving.

Don't avoid people who are upset. They may have good reasons and your care and interest may make them less aggressive.

Be tolerant of the diversity that makes everyone special and be aware that there are no persons greater or lesser than yourself.

Don't live in the past or future. Enjoy the present.

Don't become obsessed by your own career. It cannot give you security or possession of anything or anyone.

Exercise trust in your dealings but be circumspect, as the world is full of materialists.

Become yourself. Express affection for all people and all species.

Be sceptical about romance for it is as transient as a summer flower.

Don't become tired in your ways and never surrender your sense of wonder. Don't be defensive. Be optimistic and imaginative.

Fatigue and loneliness are born of fear. Be rigorous in accepting responsibility for your actions and their consequences.

You are a child of your less than perfect parents and like the trees and the stars your time will pass. And whether or not it is clear to you, things are not working out nearly as well as they could.

Whatever you conceive God to be, also be aware that every single thing you do actually changes the world. Dreams cannot be broken and they will give you no peace if you don't act with integrity.

Unfortunately, this world is becoming uglier each day.

Be brave.

Strive for the right of all people to make their own paths.

Found in a South Australian kitchen. Copyright 1992 Andrew Bunney.
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 01:40 AM

When We Were Young And learning Life, .... The Lessons That We Learned, ..... Sometimes cuts Us Like The Knife, ..... And Tender Fingers Burned, ..... Sharp Edged And Wrought With Stife, ..... Until We Came To Terms, ..... With The Biggest Hurdle Of Our Lives, ............. Is Ourselves And All We Learned .....
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2005 at 04:49 PM

I Have People Passing Through My Life, For They Have No Identity, ......... Leaving Patterned Footprints In My Soul, They Tread Just Out Of View, These Friends I Never Get To See, One Surely Must Be You, .................... I Bare My Heart On Pages Wan ......... And You Come But Leave No Trace, You Drop No Telltale Crumbs Of Comment, And I Never See Your Face, I Know You Are Out There Somewhere, virtually Shall We Say ... Just Outside Of My Existence, Only An Atoms Breath Away ......................... As Unseen Vistors Come And Go, I See A Litany Of Their Tracks, Though Some Have Come And Not Returned, Many Have Come Back, Who are These Friends I've Never known, Many More Than I Could List, And I Continue Writing Down My Words, Because I Know That You Exist .........................................................
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 01:27 PM

There Are Those You Wish For And Never Get, For Various Resons, There Are Those You don't Want, But Accept, Because They Are Persuasive, And There Are Those You Wish For And Get, ........................ Close In Their Unfamiliarity, Unpredictable, Whatever He says, Whatever He Orders In A Restaurant, You Never Know how A Man Is Going To Kiss, And,It, Is, Often Worth Finding Out, But Half The Time You End Up Angry Or The Object Of His Humiliated rage, And Your Sorry It All Happended, Sorry For Everything, EXCEPT The Death - Defying Moment, When You Broke Throught The Wall Of Not - Touching, And You Instantly Know Not Just The Sort Of Lover He Would Be, But Every Person He Ever Was, The Lean Adolescent, Trying On Boots, The Young Man Snagging A Shimmering Blue Fish, the Living Man, This Minute, Feeling His Way Through The Black Univers
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 04:27 AM

Since these thread talk about poems, family, acceptance, family acceptance, things from childhood that have shaped our views, things that CAN shape views...
    I wanted to share a poem I read when I was 8 or 9.
    Now I was a pretty literal thinking kid, but even then I could see the intended message of the poem & HAD to memorize it, after a fashion.
    It conveys its meaning by using words opposite of its meaning *forget what that literary term is called*
    From the 2nd time reading it through I've always seen this poem as a performance. A group of very tall adults chanting in the background the refrain followed by two ominous sounding timpany beats, then the refrain again. Closing in on an alarmed, alone little kid, while in turn an older male relative, then older female relative, then "father" character each step closer to lecture the verses to the child.
    Kinda cornball, I know. lol
    I may have confused the order of the verses or lines within verses, but the meanings still there.
    I don't know the author to give proper credit, but here goes...
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2005 at 04:25 AM

You've got to be taught to hate and fear,
    You've got to be taught from year to year,
    Its got to be drummed in your dear little ear,
    You've got to be carefullly taught

You've got to be taught to be afraid
    Of people with skin of a different shade,
    And people whose eyes are oddly made,
    You've got to be Carefully Taught

You've got to be taught to before its too late,
    Before you are six, or seven, or eight,
    To hate all the people your relatives hate,
    You've Got to be CAREFULLY TAUGHT!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 29, 2005 at 02:23 PM

I Though I know The U R L Is It A Sound, I Pop The Top On Netscaps bin, And Try To Reconnet Again, The Page Loads Slowly, Takes It's Time I Wonder, Am I Online? .... Seconds Pass The Screen Stays Blank, I Wonder Whom I have To Thank, Did Pat And Terry Call In Sick, Is This Some Kind Of Dirty Trick? ... Waiting For The Page To Load, hung Up On Some Abstract Code, Ditch The program, Find The Error, I Uninstall In Abject Terror, Opening Windows On My Desk, My Goodness, I've Made An Awful Mess !! ..... Notepad Opens, "Save This File"? ... That Patient Page Loads All The Wihile, I 'm Almost Lost In A Fit Of Rage, Now, .... I C Q ..... Wants To Engage, Behind The Rest I can't See, As I 'm Closing Screens Relentlessly, My Page The One I Started With Sits Open Like A Chosen Gift, I See It Flash And Then It's Gone, The Window That I closed Was Wrong !! .... It Seems That In My Frantic Haste, All That Time Now Goes To Waste ................................... ERROR 404 FILE NOT FOUND ......... I Scream Out Load, But I Make No Sound
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 18, 2005 at 08:51 PM

Love Can Be Good Love, Love Can Be Bad, We All Want Something We Never Had, Is There A Soul Mate Out There For Me? That Special Someone, One Day We Will See, Someone To Hold In Their Aems, Hands Touching Holding Palms, Sweet Passionate Kisses, Bodies Yearning For Heavenly Bliss, I Know Someday I Will Find, That Soul Mate Who Is Loving And Kind, I Know Your Out There waiting For Me, {NOW} Your On My Computer Every Day ..........
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 15, 2005 at 11:28 AM

I Was Sort Of Hoping, That You Would Come Along, Like The Answer To A Prayer, And The Music To A Song, Like The Kind Of Thing That Happens, At A Special Place And Time , That Will Change Our Lives Forever, Like A Fantasy Of Mine, the Fantasy Was There, Before, I Ever Knew Your Name, And Now That I Have Found You, We Will Never Be The Same,So Please, Pardon, Me, If, I Look At You, Forgive Me If I Stare, At The Fantasy I Knew Before, I Saw You Standing There, For I Was Always Hoping, That You Would Come Along,Like The Answer To a Prayer, And The Music To A Song.... ................................................... .................................................. ................. Alexander
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 15, 2005 at 08:50 AM

Whenever I Daydream. And Daydream I Do, In My Secret Garden, I Daydream Of You, I Daydream Of You , In A Faraway Land, Embracing Me Tight And holding Me Hand, Holding My Hand, And Touching My Face, Just You And Me , In This Peaceful Place, In This Peaceful Place, A Pristine River Flows, Where The Unicorns Run Free, A New Breeze, Of New Air, Sings A New Song, Of Our Love In A Place, Where You Are Never Gone, Is, As, It, Would Seem, From dusk Until dawn, Whenever I Daydream, And Whenever I Daydream, And Daydream I Do, In My Secret Garden, I Daydream Of You, In My Secret garden, Is Like An Answer To A Prayer ............. .................................................. .................................................. ............................. O007
Follow - email me when people comment