MIND-BODY-and SPIRIT Health Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 06:39 PM

.......... No#5 ...... Congestive Heart Failure Is A Big Problem For Menopausal Women, Over two Million Women alive Today Have {CHF} Congestive Heart Failure Occurs When The Heart Is Unable To Efficiently Pump Blood ....... In People With {CHF} ...... Risk For Sudden Cardiac Arrest And Death Is Up To 9 Times Higher Then The General Population !!!! High Iron Stores After Menopause May Put A Women at Risk ......... Symptoms To Watch For = Extreme Fatigue And Water Retention {Particularly Bloated Ankles} ....... Consider = Heart Defense Caps For {CHF} Available From Crystal Star And Creatine 3000mg Daily Or Natural Balance CREATINE 3000mg To 5000mg Daily As Protection Dangerous Atrial Fibrillation :::: Women With This Irregular Heartbeat Are 90% More Likely To Die Then Those Without ............... No#6 If You Are Affected By Atrial Fibrillation, A Cardiotonic, Herbal Heart Protector With Arjuna And Hawthorn Like "WOMEN" Heart Stabilizer Can Help And Strengthen Your Entire Cardiovascular System .................................................................. Are You Having A Panic Attack Or A Heart Attack? ......... Many Women Confuse Panic Attacks With Heart Attacks ............ During Menopause Because Their Symptoms Seem Severe ...... Menopausal Heart Palpitations And Nighttime Anxiety Attacks are Extremely Common, When A Lot Of Women First Go Into Menopase, They Sometimes Remember Waking Up Terrified That They Are Having A Heart Attack, ...... Only To Find Out Later That It Was A Panic Attack ............................................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 05:37 PM

........ Hormone Replacement Therapy Does Not Prevent Heart Attacks For Women Who Already Have Heart Disease, Either ................. ..... I Don't Think {HRT}, .... With It's Links To Uterine And BreastCancer, Should Be Considered As Long-Term Preventive For Heart Disease, I Think There Are Better Solutions For Preventing Heart Disease Naturally That Don't Carry These Risks ....... If You Are Thinking About Beginning Hormone Replacement Therapy To Prevent Heart Disease, Here Are New Facts You Need To Know ...... No#1 ..... The Most Commonly Prescribed Hormone Replacement Drug, Premarin, Actually Suppresses Folic Acid, Contributing To High Homocysteine Levels, A Know Risk Factor For Heart Disease ................... No#2 ...... Tests With Some Estrogen Contraceptive Pills Actually Increase A Women's Risk Of Heart Attack, Stroke And Serious Blood Clotting Problems ......... No#3 ...... Some Reports Suggest That {SERMs} ....... {Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators} ...... Like Evista May Protect Against Heart Disease, But This Drug "SHOULD NOT" Be Taken By Women With A History Of Congestive Heart Failure, ... Evista Also Increases Risk Of Serious Blood Clots On The Legs, Lungs Or Eyes, Particularly If You Are Sedentary For Long Periods Of Time ............................................ Women Have Heart Attacts At Older Ages When They Are In Poorer Health And Arteries Are Less Able To Compensate For The Partial Death Of The Heart Muscle Caused By Heart Attack Symptoms Are Also Different ::: Women Should Watch For Is = Include ..... Shortness Of Breath, Palpitations, Fatigue, Tooth, Jaw And Ear Pain, Even Back Pain ...................................................................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 05:21 PM

Silver - here is what you need for your muscle cramps. You will have to read the whole thing to see which is right for you. Basically it will be one of Vitamin C, Lecithin, Magnesium, Vitamin E.

ps: if you drink a lot one night and then get leg cramps it is always lecithin which helps the liver eliminate toxins.

the search i did was: 'lecithin cramps'

w w w.acu-cell.c o m/dis-mus.html

Provided there are no neurological or neurodegenerative causes such as multiple sclerosis, cerebral
    palsy, stroke, or spinal cord injury - extra calcium is usually the solution for muscle spasms or muscle

cramps in many nocturnal cases. The extra requirements for calcium may be a result of high protein or

phosphate levels (kidney disease, poor diet), hormonal diseases or imbalances, nutritional imbalances

(high Mg/Ca ratio, low pantothenic acid), celiac disease or other intestinal conditions that interfere with

calcium absorption, prescribed medications that promote calcium loss, random self-supplementation

of the wrong vitamins and minerals, and others. (see also Acu-Cell Nutrition "Calcium & Magnesium").

When high calcium is suspected but no resources are available to measure cellular calcium levels

(serum calcium cannot be used for that purpose), an acidifying approach may be tried such as taking a

very large amount of Vitamin C for a few days. If the muscle spasms or cramps get worse, then at least
    one can assume that calcium was likely on the low side, and one needs to increase its dietary intake,

and/or use calcium supplementation.

If on the other hand the muscle cramps or spasms improve, then calcium is likely too high and requires

co-factors to make it more bioavailable by supplementing either magnesium, or a phosphorus source

such as lecithin, a higher daily intake of Vitamin C, or one could increase one's protein intake as
    another option.

Consuming foods or beverages containing lactic acid is another acidifying strategy to reduce muscle

cramps when working out, despite the buildup of lactic acid in muscle tissue during strenuous exercise
    being actually a common cause of muscle spasms or cramps. This happens from insufficient oxygen
    not being able to oxidize lactic acid, which would otherwise get rid of it from muscle. Inosine and
    creatin supplements also help to reduce the buildup of lactic acid in muscle.

As exercise tolerance increases from repeated training, it takes increasingly longer before lactic acid

is produced in muscle, so there is less of a chance of muscle cramps to develop. Lactic acid is found

in a number of foods and beverages, and it is also commercially added to increase their acidity (olives,

sauerkraut, cheese, beer, soft drinks, pickles...). Lactic acid-containing drinks can serve as a valuable

fluid replacement for athletes before, during, and after competitive training and exercise.

One-sided leg cramps or spasms can help with the decision of what to supplement, whereby the left
    side is usually indicative of calcium, while the right side is generally an indication of magnesium being

needed, although some individuals require a calcium / magnesium combination for relief as a result

of both being low. If right-sided muscle cramps respond to calcium (rather than to magnesium or other

acidifying strategies), then dehydration is suspect, and extra sodium may be additionally required.

Spasms or cramps in the toes can develop from a number of causes, including tight shoes, lack of

circulation, and sitting in a particular position (car, plane, theater) for longer periods of time. Briefly
    exercising one's toes, or a short walk usually provides relief, however if nutritional imbalances are a

contributing factor, then the sidedness may also provide a clue of which minerals may possibly be a
    factor, with the left side corresponding to an overly alkaline cellular environment (requiring an increase
    in phosphates or magnesium), and the right side corresponding to an overly acidic cellular environment
    (requiring more sodium or calcium). This is opposite from the mineral requirements involving left-sided

or right-sided only muscle spasms or cramps in someone's calves for instance.

If poor circulation causes muscle cramps, Vitamin E might be a good choice for its blood-thinning and

vasodilating properties. Gingko biloba also provides a blood-thinning effect and may be considered.

Sodium and/or potassium imbalances tend to become more of a problem during, or after physical
    activity, but less so during rest, so for exercise-induced leg cramps or muscle spasms, their addition

in the form of a sports drink, or through extra Sodium / Potassium supplementation in tablet form may

be a consideration. However, sufficient hydration (taking in enough fluid) is equally important before,

during, and after a workout!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 04:35 PM

........... Heart Disease Is Still The Leading Cause Of Women's Death In America ......... It Accounts For Half Of All Women's Deaths, And Kills 5 Times More Women Then BreastCancer, More Than 550,000 American Women Die Each Year From Cardiovascular Disease -------- Over 100,000 More Deaths Then Men !!!!! Even More Frightening, Studies Reveal Women Receive Less Medical Treatment Despite Having More Cardiac Symptoms Then Men .. Heart Disease For Women Is Linked To High Cholesterol, Obesity Or Too Little Exercise As, It, Is, In, Men ........... It Is Also Clearly Hormone-Related .. There Is No Time That A Woman's Risk For Heart Disease Is Higher Then During Meopause ....... Heart Disease Risk Rises Noticeably Every Year A Woman Of Peri-Menopause And Continues To Rise With Age ...... Because Of This, Hundreds Of Thousands Of Prophylactic, Hormone Replacement Therapy Prescription Are Written Every Year By Doctors Trying To Protect Menopausal Women From Heart Disease ............. Yet, The Use Of Hormone Replacement Therapy Or {ERT} .... To Protect Against Heart Disease Is Highly Debatable, There Is No Conclsive Evidence That Estrogen Protects Against Heart Disease ....... In 1997 ...... Review Presented At The International Meeting On Atherosclerosis Concluded That The Heart Protective Benefits Attributed To Estrogen May Result From Population Selection Bias Or Even Changes Towards Healthier Lifestyles During The Studies, In Fact, Women Who Took {HRT} {ERT} Suffered 50% More Heart Attacks Then Women Who Did Not:--- And The Women Had More Blood Clots And Gallbladder Disease .................... ................................................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 02:35 AM

....... A New Study Recently Found That Beta Blockers Normally Used To Help Low-Risk Heart Patients, After OR Before Non-Cardiac Surgery, Actually Increases Their Risk Of Death ..... To Read More On This Article, Go To Your Search And Type In The Name = Don Poldermans, M.D. ...... And If Someone You Know, .... Needs "VERY" "FAST" "HELP" ........ Go To Your Search And Type In The Name = Dr. Robert D. Willix Jr. M.D. ....................... ............................................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2005 at 12:46 AM

......... Hi Silver, ..... Now, This Thing Going On With Your Legs ........ Maybe ..... Because, Of Other Things Too .... Like = Your Spine = Or You Need To See A Chiropractor = Or You Need To Buy A Back Support ..... For When You Set Down Or When You Drive Your Car = Or It Maybe Something Called -- "Peripheral Arterial Disease" ........ There Is A Few Things You Can Look Up On Line .......... Only Type In The Word .... Into Your Search .......... "VEIN EASE" ........... "VALERIN" ... "ALL CALM BEYOND EXPECTATIONS" .................. You Will Not Find Any Of These, At Your Healthfood Store ....... But, If, I Was You ....... I Would Go To The Healthfood Store And Get = "CoQ-10" .......... "GREEN TEA & GREEN TEA EXTRACT" ...... "GRAPE SEED EXTRACT" ...... And Read Everything Very Well .... And You May Need To Take Glasses With You, Because The Writing Is Very Small, .................... Take All 4 Of Them And Make A Tea With Them, ..... In A Cap ...... And Drink As Much As You Can ................ All This May Seem A Bit Complex To You Right Now ...... But You Will Find This To Be A Suitable All Around Cure For Everything ...... And This Is Also The Backbone To Creating Improved Health ................ For Everyone ................ OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 17, 2005 at 06:26 PM

.......... OK, OK, I Am Back ......... "BOY" "OH" "BOY" ....... I Feel Like An Acrobat ....... Trying To Be In Two Places At The Same Time ...... And Got My Garden Looking Good Too .... Went To The Farmer Market ...... And They Had The Grapes On Sale .......... Now, It Looks Like, I Am Going To Be Eating Grapes, For All 3 Meals .......... For A week Or More .......... {SMILE} ..... Well, That OK ........ "It's All Good" ........ It Can Only Help ...... As, I, Acrobat My Way ........ Into The Room And All Eyes Look My Way .............. "YEP" ....... That'll Work ...................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 08, 2005 at 04:55 PM

anotherkiss2 write:
    you are amazing...I stumbled on this thread when my insomnia kicked in...thank you dear friend for all of the useful information! I will buy seeded grapes from now on! Kisses!

......... Hi .... AnotherKiss ........................ Anytime You Find That You Can Not Sleep ....... Well, ..... Come On Over Here ....... You Can Always Find Some Helpful Info. Here ...................... My Goodness, With The Cost Of Health Care Always Going Up ............ You Can Find Something Here For Yourself ....... And The People Around You ....... Just Take Your Time, Walk Around, And Make Yourself At Home, I'll Be Right Back .................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2005 at 09:00 PM

you are amazing...I stumbled on this thread when my insomnia kicked in...thank you dear friend for all of the useful information! I will buy seeded grapes from now on! Kisses!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2005 at 05:16 AM

....... Hi Stellar .......... When You Go Back Out Of This Thread ...... Look For "Message Board" ........ Once You Get There ....... Look For ="Show Off Your Family Photos" I Think, You Will Like It A Lot ...... "I Do" .......... And There Is Other Thread Over There Too ........ Some Will Make You Happy And Some Will Make You Sad ........... ................. Have Fun ........... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 06, 2005 at 06:17 PM

I've never heard of "Keihan's "family" thread"? Is that a catagory on this site? I would love to share the pics.

I'm hearing so many excuses and stories about "Hurricane Katrina". I'm from England and is shocked by the lack of help from the Gov'. I heard one reporter on Nancy Grace say, "It's like genocide in Africa". I would like to volunteer sometime...But find it hard to trust Red Cross. I heard that RD will be giving the money, dontated, to servicemen, and the rebuilding of the pipelines for oil not to New Orleans residents or for their benefits..etc..
    It sounds like a man made disaster, folks knew about it since the 90s. And how can water travel uphill?
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 06, 2005 at 01:43 AM

**************************************** ........ Our Knowledg About Cancer Has Changed ........................................ Cancer Cells Are Normal Cells That Have Been Altered By A Chemical Or Other Enabler That Allows The Cells To Survive, But Without The Controls Of Normal Cells, Cancer-Filled Cells Can No Longer Do Their Assigned Job For Your Body ..... Cancer Cells Have Only One Job ....... "To Survive" .......... To Reduce Your Risk For Cancer (And To Treat Cancer Successfully) ....... You Must Boost Your Immune Reponse First ....... Cancers Are Opportunistic ....... Attacking When Immune Defenses And Bloodstream Health Are Low ............. Promote An Environment Where Oxygen And Minerals (Particularly Potassium) Are High In The Vital Fluids ......... Love Your Liver ................ It Is A powerful Chemical Plant That Keeps The Immune System Going .. ........ Love Your Thymus !!!!!!!!!! It;s The Seat Of Your Immune System ...... Many Cancers Respond Well To Diet Improvement Because Most Cancers Are Related To Poor Nutrition ......... Nutritional Deficiencies Accumulate Over A Long Period Of Time ..... To Much Refined Carbohydrates, Sugars, Caffeine, Preserved Or Artifiically Colored Foods, Heavy Pesticdes And Sprayed Foods, ...... All Of These Clog The System So That The Vital Organs Cannot Clean Out Enough Of The Waste To Maintain Health ........... If You Like Junk Foods, ...... Starving Cancer Cells Out Is Difficult, But As Helthy Cells Rebuild, Your Cravings For These Foods Chemical-Laced Foods Will Subside ........ Enzyme Therapy Is Effective Against Cancer .......... It Improves Response ....... Chemically Alters Tumor By Products To Lessen Cancer's Side Effects ....... And Changes The Tuumor's Surface To Make It Vulnerable To Immune System Response ......... Avoid Antacids ......... They Interfere With Enzyme Production ...... And The Body's Ability To Carry Off Heavy Metal Toxins ........ Regular Exercise Is Almost A "Cancer Defense"In It's Self ...... Exercise At Least 3 Times A Week ........ While One Out Of 3 Americans Falls To Cancer ...... Only One Out Of 7 Active Americans Does ........ Exercise Acts As An Antioxidant To Enhance Body Oxygen Use ...... It Alters Body Chemistry To Control Fat Retention ....... And Also Accelerates Passage Of Waste Out Of The Body ................................................................... ............................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 10:08 PM

......... If You Ever Tasted A Cup Of Green Tea In A Chinese Restauant , You Know That It Has A Pleasant, Mildly Astringent Taste,That Puckery Astringency Comes From The Polypheols, Similar To The Ones In Grapes Seeds,Studies With Large Populations Of People In China Have Shown That People Who Drink More Green Tea Live Longer And Have Less Heart Disease And Cancer, Green Tea Is Also A Fantastic Antioxidant,Take It Daily, With Or Without Grape Seed Extact,To Slow Aging And Protect Your Skin, Orgsans, And Tissues From The Ravages Of Time ................................. If Caffeine Makes You Sick, You Can Buy Caffeine-Free Green Tea Extracts In Capsule Or Tablet Form @ Any Good Health Food Store .......... ................................................................... ....................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 04:52 PM

......... It's A No-Brainer That The Second Most Popular Beverage In The World {After Water} ..... Contains Caffeine, But More Suprising That This Drink Is Not Coffee, Cola, Or Even Black Tea, The Beverage Is Green Tea, Or, Unfermented Tea,--The National Drink Of China And Maney Other Asiian Nation ................................................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 04:32 PM

........ When You Buy Or Grow Grapes To Eat Or For Juicing, Try Grapes With Seeds, Some Of The Time, {And Buy Organic Grapes If Possible} Knowing The Amazing Health Benefits Can Help You Get Past The Crunch, And you Might Find That They Grow On You ................................. ............................................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 04:18 PM

......... Ironically, Manufactturers Are Taking The Seeds From Grapes When Making Juice Concentrated Grapes Juice Products, Making An Extract Of Them, And Selling It At A High Price, That's Creative Marketing, Folks, According To The Seeds, Called Polyphenols Or Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins {OPCs} The Products Are Worth The Money Regular Comsumption Of Polyhenols May Help Prevent Heart Attacks, Strokes, And Cancer And Help Keep You Looking And Feeling Young ........ ......................................................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 03:56 PM

........ If You Ever Eaten A Bunch Of Ripe Grapes And Spit Out The Seeds, You May Be Wasting The Best Part, Most People Don't Like The Crunchy And Astringent Tast Of The Seeds And Prefer Seedless GreapsThat Are Just Sweet And Juicy seedless Grapes Are Just About All You Find In Todays Supermarkets ....
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 05:25 AM

......... An Oxford University Report Says ..... That About A Third Of The People Who Suffer Strokes, Experience Warning Signs Several Days In Advance, The "mini-strokes" Usually Comes In The Form Of Tingling Or Numbness That Last Less Then Five Minutes, And Are Not, Themselves, Harmful To The Body, And Patients Who Recognize The Warning Sign, Should Seek Treatment Within An Hour In Order To Prevent A Full-Blown Stroke, And Aspirn Is Proven Useless In Half Of Stroke Patients ............................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 02:38 AM

......... But Grapes Polyphenols Reduced Oxidative Stress, Increased Serum Antioxidant Capasity, Reduced Cell Uptake Of Oxidized {{LDL}} ...... Cholesterol And Decreased The Oxidation Of {{LDL}} In Geneal, These Processes Eventual Reduce The Accumulation Of Choleserol In The Cells And Prevent A Foam Cell Formation, Thu Inhibiting The Development Of Atherosclerosis ..................................... You Can Find Grapes @ Any Good Farmer Market ........................................ ............................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2005 at 02:21 AM

........ Atherosclerosis, Also Known As Harding Of The Arteries, Is the Result Of Cholesterol Build-Up on The Aterial Walls, Which Leads To Blockage Of The Vessels That Supply Blood To the Heart Or The Brain, Resulting In A Heart-Attack Or Stroke, Respectively, Blood Cholesterol Is Carried Throughout The Body By Two Lipoproteins, Low Density Lipoprotein {{LDL}} .... Also Known As The Bad Cholesterol, Deposits Cholesterol In A Arterial Walls When It, Is, Present In Excess, High Density Lipoprotein {{HDL}} ..... Or The Good Arteries To The Liver And Out Of The Body, When Cholesterol Is Damaged By Oxidation, Such As Oxidized {{LDL}} Cholesterol, It, Is, More Easily Deposited In The Arterial Walls, Leading To A Blockage Of Vessels, Diseases Caused By Atherosclerosis Are The Leading Cause Of Illness And Death On The US
Follow - email me when people comment