What is it that makes men think that I wanna talk about sex? Relationship Resume Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Dec 17, 2013 at 04:56 PM

Hi All, 

I hope your searches are going well. Ok, so I have to ask. Fellas, why is it that SOME men will sound wonderfully articulate, and sincere in their profiles, and emails, then AS SOON as I give you my number, you want to ask what I'm wearing and what my favorite positions are and so on?  I'm like " Ummmmm, hold up." I dont understand it. Now mind you, I am not leading the conversation in that direction, I'm just talking about the day to day trying to get to know a person. It is extremely frutrating. Is that supposed to be an ice breaker, or is it a sign of social inedptness and nerves because you cant think of anything else to say? Now, I will admit that in the past, I have posted sexy profile pics, but nothing too carried away, and at that time, I got alll sorts of ridiculous responses. This was about 3-4 years ago ( in fact, I am going to post the pic so you can see what I'm talking about.). Now, I post a very tame, very real, just me being me type of  profile pic, and barely get anyone looking at my profille unless I look at theirs first. This makes no sense. I get that sex sells, buuuut I'm not trying to sell you sex ( thank you very much...LOL. ) I'm supposed to be selling ME. I'm 41 years old, and I am looking for QUALITY. If I resort to posting pics like this again, I'll get QUANTITY, but what about what I want?  Well, I have no plans on compromising, so if you need me, I'll be the profile with the spider webs hanging off of it, and crickets chirping around it!...hehehe Ladies, please feel free to chime in, I know I am not the only one this has happened to. Take care :-)

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 2Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2014 at 01:49 PM

i am a man, and i can not answer for what makes some men tick, you should not have to sell yourself because a real man will learn about you thru talking with you, you learn about a person from the inside

• View author's info Posted on Feb 24, 2014 at 09:51 AM

Jerks look for something they can call an excuse to continue being jerks. I think that is all it is.

Follow - email me when people comment