What is magic and how is it used? Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Mar 26, 2006 at 12:13 PM

My question is, "Why are all the churches that say they have the Holy Spirit are getting whipped up by magic?"

I'm talking especially about those that worship so hard, jumping up and down, hollering, crying, shouting and trying to get me involved. But yet, they will argue with me and then, one of them will go down and another one will talk about them and another one will go down...It's a cycle.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 26, 2006 at 12:04 PM

brian66 write:
    MIDLOVE WROTE did astrology come from GOD or SATAN or BOTH ..i think you,ve got it exactly right there MIDLOVE.....SATAN has always been known to copy and duplicate what GOD has already done ..as you said, GOD in GENESIS made the sun-moon and stars ,they were i beleive the signs that GOD gave so that the church and beleivers could have an accurate understanding of what GOD was going to do 4,000 yrs later regarding CHRIST and the CHURCH(the sun and moon) this is the understanding that GOD intended people to have...BUT SATAN had other plans he raised up babylonian--egyptian -chaldean astrologers and such and gave them different meanings to the sun--moon--and stars.. and so after a period of nearly 6,000 years there is hardly anyone who can interptret the signs correctly ,its just practised now for a name --money and fortune telling ..some of it is accurate (i speak as a former proffesional astrologer who could predict succesfully events months in advance) but as you correctly said the devil has access to some of this as well ,and as soon as i was aware of this i gave up astrology ,that was 15 years ago, and i NOW confine all of my predictions regarding the future, to my understanding of the prophecies of the BIBLE that GOD has allowed me to have.you may probably remember that in the BIBLE GOD challenged the astrologers of BABYLON to predict what he was going to do to BABYLON and they could not,only a GODLIKE MAN such as DANIEL could do so..BRIAN

I would like to mention the fact that God would develop a method to communicate with his priests, such as the metal pendant carried by them. At that time, priests were the only people allowed to approach God and no one was allowed in the sacred tent but them.

Then, one day Jesus avoided the temple and went to the wilderness to be baptised of John the baptist. Afterwards, the pharasees and the scribes argued with the Son of God and crucified him. This signaled a lack of communication through normal means for them.

But why? Those, that managed the temple were evil and misdirected.

The challenge to the astrologers of Babylon showed that Satan doesn't know everything about the plans of God and therefore, could not relay that message. This Signaled strength of character. But yet, God knows everything that Satan does and therefore, interferred with the conversation to put a spell on the Israelites.

It appears to me that Satan is attempting to confuse the messages and appeal to the evil at heart.

That's why I recommend that anyone before studying metaphysical tools to learn the Bible first. You can only know whose speaking on the telephone by their characteristics.

Also, I don't know if it's because of my lack of knowledge or not; but, astrology seems to be the least accurate to me. But, Chinese astrology seems to be a lot more accurate, maybe as accurate as any other metaphysical tool.

However, if metaphysical tools reflect our world, wouldn't it consist of confusing energy?

Would it take intuition(Holy Spirit) to sort through the confusion as it does in life? Wouldn't this cause us to have to run back and forth from reality and the tools to understand what's going on?

In the book of Revelations, it said that we are all Priests. It is said that this happened when the veil was torn, when Jesus died.

It seems that God becomes aloof to those, who are evil at heart.

It makes sense to give Satan a fair chance to prove a point; so that, there will be no excuses and the truth be pure.

I say you gave up astrology for the wrong reason. You cannot avoid Satan; You have to deal with him effectively.

In the Book of St. John, it mentioned that Satan entered into the heart of Judas. This is how angels work. You have to deal with him to become more mature, not to say that you are immature. We deal with adversity to overcome and progress spiritually.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 25, 2006 at 06:09 PM

Ok, I'm going to give you my definition of Magic.

A long time ago Moses and Arron were in court in an attempt to free their people from slavery.

Moses attempted to show that he was of God by tossing his cane down, which turned into a snake. This incident was supernatural and amazing.

The opposing force countered by tossing their cane down and it turned into a snake as well. This seemed to be supernatural and may have been; but, it was also amazing.

The difference was, one was working with God, who is Truth and the other was working against God, which is deception.

Therefore, the keyword to magic is deception, which includes a lie.

Magic also includes using metaphysical tools, Pyschology and sociology to discover the makeup of an individual and then work against the grain. This method will bring the devil out of many, who don't know what's happenning.

In such a case, you will feel an invisible fence around you that hinders you and your choices to move forward successfully. You will feel dependent in nature. The most popular wisdom won't work for you. Your wisdom is strange to others and therefore, you are not understood. Negative experiences seem to be coordinated, timely and cut to the core of your being. Longterm experiences tend to make an individual more sensitive to events and negative emotions become more easily unearthed. Your own thoughts become restricting for you. This situation can range from mild to severe.

The way a situation is handled, as help, can sometimes mean a dose of the same formula, which may signal all those involved, knowledgeable and unknowledgeable of the situation.

A victim may not realize that they are a victim of magic. But, the characteristics, mentioned above, will tell the story.

I don't know much about the Grail Cup, which has something to do with metaphysics; but, at least, one of the symbols is worn by the Ku Klux Klan. The group is a racist group.

I believe the lessons of the Salem Witch Trials have been studied and perfected, expecially for a profit.

This is why I don't post my picture, I tell the truth, which may put me in a dangerous situation.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2006 at 03:36 PM

Phea writes:

"Some Believers have been blessed with a spirit of discernment, which enables them to discern the difference between good and evil powers or forces. "

Exactly! We all can learn the power of discernment through the study of God's word. It all boils down to observing energy and its behavior. However, because of trickery in the world, we have to, sometimes, depend on intuition (Holy Spirit).

Therefore, numerology, astrology, palm reading, tarot language and matrices are all created and modified in the same manner as Psychology, sociology and all other types of science. As a matter of fact, matrices are tarot language; because, they mean many things. They can be understood as meaning different things to different people, depending on their experiences. Holy Scripture fits into the same category; because, it means many things.

Studying science, such as mentioned above, can lead to evidence of a supreme dynamic energy, when we view everything from a metaphysical point of view.

It takes someone, who has experience in life to understand how energy works. Just as in Psychology and all other types of science, we learn through observation. We are directed by questions such as, "Why this?" and "Why that?"

There exist those, who rule with masculine energy. By itself, masculine energy is stupid energy. It represents force and restriction. It has been said that the government utilizes metaphysical tools. I say they do it in a magical manner. They do it and deny metaphysical tools as unscientific. The Bible is viewed in the same manner. When you are working with, "What is so", you don't have to use force.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2006 at 11:23 AM

MIDLOVE WROTE did astrology come from GOD or SATAN or BOTH ..i think you,ve got it exactly right there MIDLOVE.....SATAN has always been known to copy and duplicate what GOD has already done ..as you said, GOD in GENESIS made the sun-moon and stars ,they were i beleive the signs that GOD gave so that the church and beleivers could have an accurate understanding of what GOD was going to do 4,000 yrs later regarding CHRIST and the CHURCH(the sun and moon) this is the understanding that GOD intended people to have...BUT SATAN had other plans he raised up babylonian--egyptian -chaldean astrologers and such and gave them different meanings to the sun--moon--and stars.. and so after a period of nearly 6,000 years there is hardly anyone who can interptret the signs correctly ,its just practised now for a name --money and fortune telling ..oh yes some of it is accurate (i speak as a former proffesional astrologer who could predict succesfully events months in advance) but as you correctly said the devil has access to some of this as well ,and as soon as i was aware of this i gave up astrology ,that was 15 years ago, and i NOW confine all of my predictions regarding the future, to my understanding of the prophecies of the BIBLE that GOD has allowed me to have.you may probably remember that in the BIBLE GOD challenged the astrologers of BABYLON to predict what he was going to do to BABYLON and they could not,only a GODLIKE MAN such as DANIEL could do so..BRIAN
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 03:42 PM

MIDLOVE write:
    I'm going to save it for now; but, I think the Bible shows us what magic is and isn't.

Looking for a definition, not a list of items. Otherwise, how do we know that the list of items are accurate?

How do we know what energy is from God or Satan?

Some Believers have been blessed with a spirit of discernment, which enables them to discern the difference between good and evil powers or forces.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 03:09 PM

I'm going to save it for now; but, I think the Bible shows us what magic is and isn't.

Looking for a definition, not a list of items. Otherwise, how do we know that the list of items are accurate?

How do we know what energy is from God or Satan?
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 02:55 PM

According astrology, there exist subtle energies that effect the earth. For instance, the moon is responsible for the waves in the oceans and other bodies of water.

This subtle energy is suppose to be responsible for how things randomly fall in place. To understand, you have to learn the language and/or technique.

Let me give you an example of this in action. A long time ago, the disciples had to replace Judas. What did they do to find out whom God chose to replace him? They cast lots.

This is evidence that Jesus did not rule against this practice. It looks like, if you can take a hammer and drive a nail, you do well. But, if you take a hammer and knock somebody up side the head with it, you do wrong. How you use a tool makes all the difference in the world.

It's a telephone line. Somebody in the old testament was answered by God, when he tried to put a spell on the Israelites. God turned the spell into a blessing. This man was later killed by the Israelites. He, evidently, didn't know who he was talking to.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 02:51 PM

brian66 write:
    >>>>you,ve picked a good subject there MIDLOVE, do you think that astrology comes under the label of magic ? or would it be completley seperate ? ,,,,BRIAN

Brian, at this point, it is hard to say. I remember somewhere, in the old testaments, where it said that satan would be doing signs in the sky.

In the book of Genesis, God said he put the stars in the sky for a sign. Astrologers, of the past, knew enough about astrology to know to follow it to baby Jesus. The Angels cooperated by telling them not to go back to king Herod.

So, I wonder is astrology comunication from satan or God or both. It seems to me that, to make things fair, satan has access to, at least, some of the communicational tools that God has access to. That's how I'm seeing it at this point.

You can learn the truth by the things in the world. Certainly, there seems to be some communication and activity going on from someone greater than ourselves.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 09:27 AM

brian66 write:
    >>>>you,ve picked a good subject there MIDLOVE, do you think that astrology comes under the label of magic ? or would it be completley seperate ? ,,,,BRIAN

Astrology, the occult, magic should all be placed under the same banner, because it comes from the same source.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 11:06 PM

Maybe I should be camping out behind my shield then too. I have been attacked a few times on a few issues.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 09:31 PM

Magic? What a fascinating topic! Usually, when we think of magic, we think of illusions, and sleight of hand, and the kind of trickery that entertainers use to saw women in half and make birds and rabbits disappear. That kind of magic is not supernatural and has nothing to do with witchcraft demonism.

The Bible speaks of a different kind of magic that transcends the laws of nature and is, in fact demonic in character and effect.

Everything from charms and incantations, crystal balls, seances, palm reading, etc., is all evil all of the time.

But what is magic? Power(s) that originates from Principalities and Evil Forces and exist in the Universal Sphere that we inhabit. In other words, if there is Good, there is also Evil. All things evil comes from one source and one source only--Satan, Lucifer, The Evil One, The Father of Lies and Deceit, or whatever you want to call it, it's here among us all.

Magic is often placed in two categories: White and Black.

What is WHITE MAGIC?
    White Magic claims to be pure and motivated by good spiritual forces. Indeed, much of what white magic seems to accomplish seems to be good.
    For example, a woman in San Francisco claims to be able to heal through white magic. She uses charms and incantations similar to witch doctors and voodoo practitioners in primitive tribal areas. White magic is often used to imitate true spiritual gifts. BUT DON'T BE FOOLED!

Black Magic, on the other hand, makes no claim to be good. It is done by those who openly admit that they are agents of the Devil. Black magicians are said to be able to affect people from great distances, inflicting them with diseases and psychological problems, and other evil effects.
    One black magician had a widespread reputation for being able to cause animals to die simply by forming a clay image of the animal while chanting over it, and then crushing the clay image under his foot. He entertained crowds of people by asking them to give names of troublesome pets in the neighborhood. He would then demonstrate his technique, and invariably, within a few days, the targeted animals would die.

I could write a book on magic. A very truthful and entertaining one too. But, alas, I won't. I'd rather write about things related to God.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 03:37 PM

Right, Raindancer. But, if you know like I know, there are more reasons to prepare a shield than just Beanpie.

Somebody is coming. They are probably pausing a little, out of shock that I brought this up.

I'm camping out behind my shield.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 06:02 AM

MIDLOVE write:
    I've decided to liven this board up with a very sensitive topic. What is magic?
    Versus naming things, I suggest that you give a definition along with examples.
    Let's get it on!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 19, 2006 at 10:50 PM

You know what midlove I think I will just let Mr Beanpie give his explanation of this subject since he knows so much on every topic thus far.

I have a feeling he knows alot about magic since he has so much hate in his heart for different races. And hates this country. And since he is a Goddess worshipper. I think we need his comments here to spice this topic up.
Follow - email me when people comment