READY TO GIVE UP!!!!!!! Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on May 26, 2005 at 10:54 AM

Marvin Gaye put it best...

"Listen to half of what I see, and none of what I hear"

I repeat...don't know of any man who can quote a preference and his actions follow what he says!

So that I don't get preachy...I simply compliment men by saying they have broad palates!
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2005 at 01:06 AM

Loner Wrote -

"Personally, I think I'm some kind of big girl magnet...they gravitate towards me like I'm a buffet plate or something."

Loner if you were on my buffet : gravity would have no effect ....
    I'd be Levitating..

just kidding hugs from
    Aunty Hart
  • View author's info Posted on May 24, 2005 at 12:57 AM

Oops!
    That wasn't a reference to the other "ugly" topic here, which, btw, also made me sit up and say, "What Tha F...udge??"
  • View author's info Posted on May 24, 2005 at 12:51 AM

And thus, one more racial steriotype rears its ugly head; that we may shoot it squarly between the eyes and (hopefully!) lay it to rest.

;^)
  • View author's info Posted on May 24, 2005 at 12:28 AM

msdsm1970 write:
    I guess perception is where you find it.

I have always been slim. My experiences have been with "men" who have a broad palate.

I don't know or have yet to meet these black men who prefer thick women, and by the same token the white men that continuously get flack for wanting "pixies".

I do find that men who dismiss the importance of exercise critique me for being an extremist.

I find that anyone who would criticise you for participating in an activity that brings you benefit ie joy, health, peace..whatever...should be sent to the land of "extreme.. mist"
  • View author's info Posted on May 23, 2005 at 06:44 PM

I guess perception is where you find it.

I have always been slim. My experiences have been with "men" who have a broad palate.

I don't know or have yet to meet these black men who prefer thick women, and by the same token the white men that continuously get flack for wanting "pixies".

I do find that men who dismiss the importance of exercise critique me for being an extremist.
  • View author's info Posted on May 23, 2005 at 03:45 AM

Professorx wrote in part:

""Most" white men prefer slimmer women." I am not in the 'most' category. Plus I know quite a few white men who likes a woman with meat on her bones. I know I do.
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 05:18 PM

wolvarine write:

I just sat back and said "wow" when I saw that post, maybe we can transfer it over to the "brutal honesty" thread...

you can't get much more "brutal", now can you...?

Fudgesunday... Hi..please explain...Ugly?
    Do you mean Ugly Pics or ugly content in their emails too you?
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 12:14 PM

professorx wrote:
    I'm with you wolvarine...what can you say to this?

I just sat back and said "wow" when I saw that post, maybe we can transfer it over to the "brutal honesty" thread...

you can't get much more "brutal", now can you...?
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 11:51 AM

wolvarine write:

I'm with you wolvarine...what can you say to this?
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 10:16 AM

you ready to give up msd??? lol. you are at least.. on topic.
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 09:42 AM

...backing out of this thread!
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 05:03 AM

fudgesundays2003 wrote:
    most of the time it is ugly men that keep wasting my time by trying to contact me
  • View author's info Posted on May 20, 2005 at 11:43 AM

i feel like giving up also i see no reason why men can't seem to find a way to respect a woman choices on here it is ir dating site right and most of the time it is ugly men that keep wasting my time by trying to contact me iam not and let me repeat not interested in a black man
  • View author's info Posted on May 18, 2005 at 03:15 AM

FunandGames72 write:

I can see that I just might have to have more conversation with YOU later, Mr. Professorx!

Be afraid...be VERY afraid...

"Yyyeeeeeaaaaahhhh!"

............Famous quote by LiL John!
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 05:00 PM

Tarcia...I looked at your profile and it seems to be very inviting. One thing that you need to consider is that "white men" have a different preception of beauty than black men do. "Most" white men prefer slimmer women. Brother's prefer women that are "thick" in the waste and cute in the face.

There was a time in my life when I was having a hard time finding women that could hold my attention. This continued until I decided to modify my "selection process." I would only date "barbie dolls"...yet I could never find fulfillment! If you are only into white guys...that's perfectly fine - you just need to be patient because your "selection pool" will be much smaller than a woman open to any race!

I am sure that you will find the man that holds the key to your heart if you allow your spirit to be accepting to him when he arrives. Just continue to prepare...and better yourself so when your dream man "greets" you in a "crossroad"...you will be ready to walk a path of life together!

P.S. My heart skipped a beat when I viewed FunandGames72's profile! Yet she isn't into brotha's either...see it happens to all of us! :)
  • View author's info Posted on May 14, 2005 at 05:32 PM

I am letting my PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP expire on this site as well. I also just gave another site the boot. If someone is out there for me, it will happen whether it's through the internet or I bump into him in the grocery store. It's going to happen. As they say in church, not in my time, but in God's time. And I ain't rushing God.
  • View author's info Posted on May 14, 2005 at 03:19 AM

Tarcia,

First of all take everything you read here with a grain of salt. And don't be so quick to throw in the towel unless you have a plan for success. Make a plan b. Sometimes things don't always turn out the way we envision them. I have personally decided to let my membership expire because I haven't met the kinds of guys I envisioned on this site. But there are other sites where I get hundreds of emails a day..., literally. So while I remained a member here because I enjoy the posts, I finally had to admit that I wasn't getting the outcome I was looking at. Sometimes you have to reaccess the situation, which does not mean you should give up on a dream. Just change the plan to give yourself a higher rate of success.

Remember every failure is your next success story waiting to happen.
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 05:29 PM

Definately don't look for ANYTHING in the club, with the exception of a left foot and a right foot.
    Lord knows (and its a good thing too since it would be hard to find there!) that quality of character is not a pre-req. for a few minutes on the dance floor.
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 04:28 PM

msdsm1970 write:
    Leave the club scene! It is filled with incomplete people.

I can't handle the club scene at all so i'm sure not looking there! I'm not trying to go that route! I won't settle and that's why I'm single today. I meet men all of the time at the grocery store, restaurants, etc.
    and they all have issues or are only interested in one thing. I had one frog, the next time it's a prince!!! No settling for me.
Follow - email me when people comment