READY TO GIVE UP!!!!!!! Romance

• View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 05:18 AM

I posted this last night and it disappeared! Well, here we go again...

I have been trying to do the Internet dating thing for more than a year with other sites and now this one. I'll hit it off with someone and start emailing and in some cases we made it to phone conversations, then out of the blue, no more emails or calls! To this day, I don't what I did if anything. And to all of them?

The guys I email or send winks on this site have always "just met someone else." Is this the nature of "the game" now, because if it is, I am tired of playing it. I have never been been a beauty queen, but I didn't think I was that bad. Is it looks? Weight?

I am starting to realize that I may be alone for the rest of my life. Anyone else feel this way?
  • 46Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2013 at 05:01 AM

all the time.  after my divorce 3 years ago it has been very hard for me to find a black woman interested in me.  i start to think maybe i am not that good looking.  i am trying again, but i have the same fear as you, that i will be alone the rest of my life.  i always say it takes just one person to take me seriously, but most dont.  that just leads to more despair that i will never meet or marry a black lady again.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 30, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Iceguy 2020 is A MARRIED JERK!!! TAKE IT FROM ME I SHOULD KNOW I'M HIS WIFE!!!!!   BUT NOT FOR LONG!! RUN GIRLS THIS SMOOTH TALKING CHEAT WILL USE YOU FOR WHAT HE CAN GET THEN THROW YOU AWAY LIKE YESTERDAYS GARBAGE....  REMEMBER ICEGUY 2020  BAD NEWS, I LEARNED THE HARD WAY..
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 29, 2011 at 07:44 PM

So sorry to hear that, but if the guy you are maybe referring to is  known on this site as  Iceguy2020 ..Well HE IS MARRIED!!!....every smooth word from his mouth is a lie, just giving you a heads up on that one....Keep the faith , just avoid with all you are this  Iceguy2020.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2005 at 07:20 PM

Khanada write:
    Thanks everyone! I have not dated in three years and me and my friends really have not had much luck either, what's the chance of that in three
    years for 4 women not to find one decent man, online or otherwise. We talk about it all of the time at our girls night out. No offense men! It just gets discouraging.

As for the disappearing thread. I think it may be gone because I mentioned another dating site by name. Oops!

I hear you too! Sometimes I'll be emailing a person and then all of a sudden I don't hear from them and I'll be sending too many messages back about where they've gone or was it something I said to make them disappear! It can be very discouraging and disappointing!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 27, 2005 at 10:24 PM

Silver1944 write:
    iceguy, welcome to the forum. Nice to see you on the boards.

I agree with your post. Anything worthwhile comes with effort put in to it, for sure.

Sama - thanks for the DL. I couldn't get that for the life of me.

SillySassySissySilver!

Time for the opthomalogist again, luv??
    Lol

It was TruthFairy who gave you the definition.

She beat me here, else it could likely have been me - you know I dig on CLAIRIFICATION.

I can see the confusion... she and I are practically TWINS these days. *teeheehee*

For the record though, DL isn't much in my vocab, since truth is my modus operandi as well.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 27, 2005 at 03:26 AM

Thanks ladies!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 21, 2005 at 06:50 PM

Ice...

Beautifully put.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 21, 2005 at 09:16 AM

Loner,

You are somthin' else.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 21, 2005 at 09:11 AM

T-
    Don't you dare give up. Read all my crap. Girl, paaaaaalease. I should have given up a long time ago and gone to live on a mountain top, in a brown gown with a hood and a bell. "YOU CAN DO IT." (find someone, or they will find you).
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 20, 2005 at 10:51 PM

Silver1944 write:
    "on the DL", msdsm? Please explain DL so I can quit looking like the emotion you see below. LOL

**Rick, I'm over here cracking up over the "ugly" statement. But, so far, I've not seen any ugly folks so far. Why even the "shadow" pics are FINE!!!

psst Silver. Down Low.

and just for the record.. I am about to trade out my pic and opt the Fine Shadow pic!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 18, 2005 at 08:55 AM

To elaborate...

I think it is more or less important to keep our pursuits on the DL until something prosperous occurs.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2005 at 02:18 PM

msdsm1970 write:

I think it might be "IDON'TWANTANYONETOKNOWWHOIHOOKEDUPWITH"

Well, I've been trying to catch an elusive Butterfly, but she's been having computer issues... darn machines just simply stink. If I were in her neck of the woods, I would simply go over there and fix it for her. Butterflies love flowers so I think a boquet would be in order too
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2005 at 01:34 PM

Just1Rick write:
    Although I'm new here, my experience online goes back a few years. The funny thing is, you usually find some of the most appealing, intelligent, open, people in the forums (myself excluded,lol) The discussions are always the same yet I rarely hear about anyone from the forums "hooking up" successfully.

We all must be "ugly."

I think it might be "IDON'TWANTANYONETOKNOWWHOIHOOKEDUPWITH"
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2005 at 05:45 AM

keihan write:
    My problem is I need to get over the fear of approaching women :(

We need a thread on conversation starters.

I AM STARTING A VIRTUAL REALITY THREAD ON AVERSION THERAPY...WANNA SIGN UP...ITS BASED ON MY RESEARCH IN IMMERSION THERAPY...

HARTDOC
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2005 at 05:36 AM

keihan write:

I Thought all these threads were conversation starters??????

HARTSTART
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2005 at 07:10 PM

Tarcia, hun ... look at me.. I'm not a bad lookin guy and I'm thin. I have had one real date in 3 years. Don't give up, I sure as heck am not going to.

You must turn it around and look at it this way... it is their loss, not yours.

Good luck hun and you are way too young to think you'll spend the rest of your life alone. Keep up the search and perserverence.

My problem is I need to get over the fear of approaching women :(

• View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2005 at 09:21 AM

Although I'm new here, my experience online goes back a few years. The funny thing is, you usually find some of the most appealing, intelligent, open, people in the forums (myself excluded,lol) The discussions are always the same yet I rarely hear about anyone from the forums "hooking up" successfully.

We all must be "ugly."
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2005 at 06:16 PM

Samantha451 write:
    Oops!
    That wasn't a reference to the other "ugly" topic here, which, btw, also made me sit up and say, "What Tha F...udge??"

LMAO off Sam.. I was thinking WTF, too, but fudge wasn't the word I had in mind
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 03, 2005 at 09:42 AM

Sometimes i feel like giving up I've had similar exeriences talk to someone several times and then bam out of the blue they stop talking. Is Oklahoma too far away I think your cute.