• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 01, 2005 at 05:00 PM

Anybody got any tips?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 52Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 28, 2018 at 09:58 PM

eat healthy and go to the gym

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2011 at 09:41 PM

first you need to put the mind set in. its not easy...
    1. cut extream fatty foods out your diet and substitute fruit..this way you get a sweet fix in their
    2. when eating your meals always make sure it proportionate (meat should not exceed the size of your hand) a healthy grain(whole grains, great for the heart and does not drag you down like normal pasta, and some nice vegetables
    3.dont eat past 7 at night. your body needs time to work on the food you ate that day.
    4 if you cant make it to the gym. when no ones around just let loose dance to some music, clean, goof off, stretch etc.
    5. if you do have the time to exercise..do so in order for the human body to remain healthy, you must do AT LEAST 2 full hours of exercise a week minimum.
    6. be your self do not over exert yourself to become some one els..do this for you and to be happy :)
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 12, 2007 at 10:34 AM

the most basic tip I have is to drink lots of water, maby a half to a gallon a day.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 09, 2007 at 09:19 AM

Well, I'm sure there are many ways to succeed in losing weight, but here's what worked for me:

I did a lot of research. And after trying and failing a few times, I discovered 4 types of foods that enabled me to lose weight rapidly without starving and without putting in exhaustive hours at the gym:

-Negative calorie foods
    -High fiber foods
    -High calcium foods
    -High protein foods

Negative calorie foods are foods that contain fewer calories than your body expends to digest them! For example, an apple may have 80 calories, but your body uses up 150 calories to digest it resulting in a net loss of 70 calories! Many fruits and raw vegetables are negative calorie foods. And the more of them you eat, the more calories you burn!

Fiber is important in any weight loss regime because it helps to block the absorption of fat. Apples, Pears, Beans and broccoli (among other foods) are all good sources of fiber.

I also read that calcium helps one to lose weight up to 30% faster. So, it's good to include low fat yogurt and milk. Plus, you need to keep those bones strong too!

And finally, you need protein, at least 1 to 2 servings a day. Protein helps you to retain lean muscle mass because you only want to lose the fat, right? However, watch your sodium intake on the protein foods. Too much salt makes your body retain water and may make your weight on the scale read higher!

So, that's what worked for me. They also say lifting weights is helpful because increased muscle mass leads to increased metabolism. I did not do this however. My main exercise was walking and it worked for me. I lost 30 lbs in three months!

Good luck!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 25, 2006 at 05:16 AM

Silver1944 write:
    OK, anybody ever tell you, you have a way with the written word? I love your post and it certainly speaks highly of these hallways. Wonderful indeed, hon. Thanks a bunch.

....... I Have To Hand It To You Silver, Your Weight Lost Has Caught Our Attention In Your New Photo .......... And You Are Fast Working Your Way To The List Of {LOVE OBJECT} With The Right Routine In These HallWays ......... Sure Some Of Us Think We May Know Everything About Weight Lost ....... But, Knowing And Doing, Is The Only Way It's Going To Work ........... All Of Which Makes You , Silver, Worthy Of A Real Place In Your Man's Heart ............ With No Exit Doors, To Squeezz Out Of .......... Why, Silver, Obviously Your New Photo Has Us All Drooling ..................... Hmmmmmmm, But, Then The Most Amazing Thing Erupts, The Unseen Solutions Emerges, As If From A Tiny Speck Of Thought, And We Find The One Thing That We Are All Looking For ......... Which Is By Name Is = Hope, Peace, And Love .............. ((((LOHPL)))) .............. OK
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 25, 2006 at 04:59 AM

raindancer write:
    Alot of arobics, cycling, weight lifting. And watching how much you eat. I lost over 100lbs and this worked for me. Tae Bo work outs was my favorite for weight control.

....... Yes, Raindancer, Sometimes We Also Need A Positive Message Of Hope Too .......... Which Offers Some Uplifting Support In Times Of Need ..................... Welcome To The Hallways Of IM .............. OK
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 22, 2006 at 06:40 PM

Alot of arobics, cycling, weight lifting. And watching how much you eat. I lost over 100lbs and this worked for me. Tae Bo work outs was my favorite for weight control.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2006 at 10:53 AM

........ The Doctor Said, I Was To Fat ........ The Weight Would Have To Go ......... I Said, To Him, Dear Doctor, ...... There Is Something You Should Know ............. A Second Opinion Is Required, To Give Me Peace Of Mind, So, I Checked The Yellow Pages, To See What I Could Find ............... If My Weight Will Be Discussed, Experts Should Be Consulted, So, I Gave The Matter Serious Resulted ............ The Second Opinion Will Be Done, By The Most Qualified Contestant ....... One Who Would Not Betray My Trust, The Chef From My Favrite Restaurant ................. {SMILE} ......... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 13, 2005 at 05:44 AM

.... 007's LOW FAT DIET FRUIT CAKE = 4 Eggs, Beaten ..... 1/2 cup Safflower or Canola Oil ...... 3 tb Grated Orange Rind ...... 2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour ...... 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds ..... 1/2 cup Raisins ..... 1 cup Chopped Almonds ........ 1 cup Chopped Pecans ...... 1 1/2 cups Assorted Dried Fruit - Apples - Apricots - Peaches, Chopped ................................................. ................................................................... Preheat Oven To 300 .... In A Large Bowl, Mix The Eggs, Honey, Oil, Orange Rind And Flour Until Smooth, Add Sesame Seeds, Raisins, Almonds, Pecans And Fruit, Mix Well, Turn Into A Lighty Oiled Loaf Pan And Bake For 70 min ..... Until The Cake Springs Back When lighty Pressed With One Finger, Let Cool In Pan For 30 min ..... And Then Turn Out Onto A Rack To Cool Completely .................... "Have A Happy Holiday, Toooooo " ...................................................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 03, 2005 at 01:22 PM

No, Silver , ... No One Has Ever Said That To Me Before, .... But I Would Think ...... That It Has Something To Do With The Way In Which I Feel From Day To Day ........... " You Know" ........ Like, ........ Some Time I Feel Like A-Nut ...... And Sometime I Don't ........ But, "Thank You" For The Amazingly Positive Accolade-s ........................................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 21, 2005 at 12:40 AM

..... Yes, SugarBo1 .... I Find, It, To, Be, A, Combination Of Tenderness And Sensuality ...... In Theses Hallways, ..... That Sometimes Entice The Observer To Lose Herself / Himself ........ Without Notice ............ In A Story That Will Soon Capture ..... For A Moment ............. A Life Time Of New Dreams ............ As, Well, As, A New Way To Enjoy Food ................ ................... "Welcome" .................. .................................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 19, 2005 at 08:47 AM

Wow the wealth of information on this board is awesome.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 11, 2005 at 09:51 PM

...... When Choosing A Ripe Watermelon = {1} Look For Melons That Are Especially Heavy, With A Hard Rind ......... {2} The Underside, Or "Growth Spot" .... Should Be Yellow Or Cream-Colored .... If,It,Is, White Or Pale Green, The Melon Is Not Ripe ...... {3} Similarly, The Rind Should Be A Variety Of Light And Dark Green ...... If Rind Shows Any White, It,Is,Not Ripe ..... {4} Flick The Melon With Your Finger ...... The Sound Should Be A Low-Pitched, Dull "Punk" ..... Rather Then A High, Metallic Ring ......................................... ............................................
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 11:30 AM

Wow... Silver, I also thought you were tall from your pic. Must be the perspective. 5' 2" is not a bad height, although around here most women are above 5' 6".
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2005 at 11:17 AM

Silver, for some reason I thought you were taller than 5'2 after seeing your photo next to your posts. My sis is 5'2 and my mother is 5'3, so that makes me the amazon of my immediate family..haha, and I'm not even tall. Slower weight loss is much healthier, and I'm happy to hear you're healthier because of the weight loss. I bet the whistles didn't hurt any either...Levi's are my favorite jeans ever!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 23, 2005 at 08:56 PM

....... Suger And Spice ..... Here Is The Info .... To Help You Out ........................ "Diabets Can Be Cured" ..................... All Dibetics Have A Common Fluk Parasit, ..... "Eurytrema Pancreaticum" ...... The Pancreatic, Fluke Of Cattle, In Their Pancreas, It Seems Likely That We Get It From Cattle, Repeatedy, By Eating Their Meat Or Dairy Products, It, Is, Not, Hard To Kill With A Zapper, But, Because, Of It's Infectective Stages In Our Food Suppy, We can Immediately Be Reinfected, "Eurytrema" ...... Will Not Settle And Multiply In Our Pancreas Without The Presene Of Wood Alcohol {Methanol} Methanol Pollution Pevades Our Food Supple ----- It, Is, Found, In Processed Foods, {Including} ........... Bottled Water, Artifical Sweetener, Soad Pop, Baby Formula And "ALL" Powder--Drinks, Of All Kinds, "Now" It, Is, Presumed Wood Alcohol Is Used To Wash Equipment, That Is Used In Manufacturing, ........................ If Your Child Has Diabetes, Use Nothing Out Of A Can, Package Or Bottle ..... Except Soy Milk, And Please, No Processed Foods, And Please, Don't Eat Any Discolored Potatoes, Even If They Are Cooked Or Baked, ......... Being Able To Detoxify A Poisonous Substance Like Wood Alcohol, Should Not Give Us The Justification For Consuming It ............ All Poisons Are Bad For Us ................. "Do Not Consume Them" .................... All Diabetic Persons Also Carry A Virus, "HA - VIRUS" ...... In The Pancreas, The Virus Is Grown In The skin As A Wart, But Is Spread Quite Widely In The Body Such As In The Spleen Or Liver Besides The Pancrceas, ................... To Get Rid Of Diabetes, Start By Eating Grapes And Eat The Grapes Seeds As Well, Do This For 2 Weeks, Everyday, The More The Better, At The Same Time Your Doing That, Go To The Health Food Store And Get = A Good "Liver Cleanser" ................................................ When Your All Done With That ........... Go Back To The Health Food Store And Get = Grape Seed Extract ............ CoQ-10 .......... Green Tea & Green Tea Extract ....... Make A Tea With Them All .... In A Cup ..... And Drink As Much As You Can --- Offten .... Every Day ........................................................... Then When Your All Done With That ............. Go Online And Get Some "Glucosium" By, "Best Natural Health" ......... While Recovering From Diabetes It, Is, Very Important To Check Your Blood Sugar Every Day, Because, The Improvement Is So Rapid, You May Suddenly Be Over---Insulinized By Your Next Shot ........ Cut Down Your Dose To Suit Your Actual Need ................................... ............................................... OK
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 23, 2005 at 06:44 AM

Silver, 35 lbs? Good for you! Take care of yourself (I know you are, but still).
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 22, 2005 at 10:56 AM

Something to think about:

- Five Ritz crackers have 150 Calories.

- Running for 20 minutes burns 150 Calories.

- A portion of Black Forest cake has about 300 Calories.

- Weightlifting, light, free style for one hour burns 130 Calories.

- One can of Coca Cola (regular): 200 Calories.

- Cleaning around the house for 2 hours (dusting, vacuuming, changing linen, taking clothes to the laundry, taking out the trash, moving some furniture around to clean, etc.) consumes those 200 calories.

So if you eat many extra Calories, you better exercise and work non-stop.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 22, 2005 at 08:02 AM

jdavis123 write:
    One more thing - eating. I find eating a big meal is good. You are too full to snack. And if you can find a big meal that is low on calories then all the better.

I agree with most of your post besides the part quoted above. I prefer to eat several smaller meals or have healthy snacks during during the day. When I think of "big meals", I'm thinking of having to undo the top button on my jeans. Also, I don't like feeling full, it makes me tired and sleepy.
Follow - email me when people comment