Japanese films Entertainment and Hobbies

• View author's info Posted on Mar 27, 2005 at 06:11 AM

Are there any Japanese women out there who could point me towards some great films. I'm a huge fan of Takashi Miike (Audition, Ichi the Killer). So if there are any Asami Yamazaki's(I think her real name is Eihi Shiina) out there please contact and hopefully I will keep my head
  • 7Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jan 31, 2009 at 08:53 PM

I hope someone has heard about, in my opinion, Akira Kurasawa, The best director of all time in Japanese films.
    Director and author of many films, including, Ran, Rashomon, just do a search on his name Akira Kurasawa.
    You will likely have a different perspective of Japanese Serious Films.
    His Fans include Francis Ford Coppolla
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 15, 2006 at 08:09 AM

i love anime, especially miyazaki. most characters have a depth and complexity that you will never find in western animation. my most recent favorite is Great Teacher Onizuka. Both the live action and animation series are so much fun to watch.

for japanese movies, i love battle royale (blood and gore galore!!!) and waterboys.

i'm currently trying to explore korean movies as there are also good ones available, specifically their comedies.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 03, 2006 at 09:22 AM

For Anime, if Yoko Kanno did he music you know it's a great show. I love Asian movies too!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2005 at 12:22 AM

I'm a devoted fan of Miyazaki, but beyond that:

"Bubblegum Crisis," which is sometimes surprisingly intelligent in spite of the title;

"No Need For Tenchi," the closest any form of animation has come to creating a complete world;

"Akira," for the fan of action with some solid plot behind.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 10, 2005 at 01:58 AM

Japanise manga animation that is my favorite.If you ask me this is the best cartoons ever.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 15, 2005 at 05:53 PM

Ever heard of obake (oh bah kay) movies? Those are the Japanese horror
    movies...real eerie.Especially those
    in black and white.I don't recall any old titles I just recall the creepiness.The modern movie most like
    the old obake movies is The Grudge.
    As I got older I started to like them.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2005 at 02:20 PM

Check "Shall We Dance?" - Not the one w/ J. LO. There is also a film in mandarin that is really good-"Shower". Hope you enjoy !