ODE TO UNKNOWN LOVE Thoughts of you Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on May 08, 2005 at 09:05 PM

To coin a phrase written April 15, 2005.

***The Reasons to Romance Me

Looking at your picture made me feel young again. Hopeful of love again. As if a new beginning were possible.After all Im looking, Youre looking. What if we should find each other? EREKA there is hope for love after all. Thats what I felt as I gazed at your picture. And at that moment the feelings were great. But due to critical miscalculations on my part my intentions were somehow misunderstood by you. Could it be cultural differences or just me coming on too strong? Apologies given but I cant take back the moment and give myself the chance of a life time. Pure intentions, heart filled with hope... misunderstood yes, perhaps maybe I wanted it too bad. And in my wanting sabotaged any chance of actually meeting you. Or maybe you just thought to yourself it just wasnt worth it. With the hassle and drama of getting to know someone with a past. Thinking the total opposite of what I was thinking. But looking at your face, in your eyes ... at your profile, you just didnt seem like the type to pass on your good thing. And even now as I gaze upon your picture I can still feel that thing within me rising.. the heat, the passion, the hope of that intangible thing, making me feel breathless all over again. Found in only 1% of the men I meet. Cant even bother the other 99% not looking for ordinary. And so the waiting begins... unless you can find the reasons to romance me...
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 16Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 27, 2005 at 04:03 PM

olubamni write:
    YOU GUYS ARE SO SILLY, GIRL I LOVED IT!!! I FEEL YOUR EXPRESSION OF EMOTION THREW YOUR WRITTING IT IS A GIFT...IT IS SHARE FOR ALL THAT ALL TO SEE DIANA... YOU ARE A LADY MISS DIANA

olubamni Thanks so much for the kinds words. My life has taken such a hard twist in the road lately that it seems like eons ago that I wrote this... and yet it was about 8 months ago. Isn't life funny?
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 05, 2005 at 10:38 AM

HI PDX.
    Y REALLY SHOULD GIVE THEM THE SHAPE OF A BOOK.NOT FOR YR PLEASURE BUT FOR YOUTH LIKE ME TO LEARN AND NOT TO MAKE MISTAKE OF BEING SAD.LIFE IS MOVING.AND A PHILOSPHER HAS SAID IN MY NATIVE LANGUAGE THAT.
    ( WHO SO EVER FAS FORGET ND LEFT YOU ,YOU SHOULD ALSO FORGET HIM.AS LEAVE YOUR SCARS BEHIND YOU AND HAPPINESS WILL FIND YOU ).
    SO DIANA007.SO BE 007 NOT A 000 ND KEEP WRITING PEOMS AS THERE IS ALREADY ALOT OF DENSE AND MIST FOR HUMANITY TO SEE COMING CENTURIES.BUCKLE UP,BRAVO.THANKS SILVER/LUCI ND PDX FOR ENLIGHTINING THE PATH AS I MYSELF WRITE POEMS SOMETIMES WHEN THE INNER IS FILLED WZ PAIN,TEARS ND UNSAID WORDS ND WHEN UNBEKNOWN HAPPENS TO TAKE PLACE.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 22, 2005 at 11:56 AM

YOU GUYS ARE SO SILLY, GIRL I LOVED IT!!! I FEEL YOUR EXPRESSION OF EMOTION THREW YOUR WRITTING IT IS A GIFT...IT IS SHARE FOR ALL THAT ALL TO SEE DIANA... YOU ARE A LADY MISS DIANA
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 10, 2005 at 10:07 AM

Diana007 write:
    For Keihan ....

Awweee
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 09, 2005 at 12:50 PM

keihan write:
    For Diana...

For Keihan ....
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 07, 2005 at 10:58 AM

For Diana...
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 03, 2005 at 06:03 AM

Thank you Silver. I started my little "conversations" last year...and maybe someday (when I'm very old and grey) I'll put them all in a book.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 02, 2005 at 02:32 AM

Ldydrgn write:
    Yes Diana and Laci..I am so feeling the same, and although it does not make it any better, it does bring comfort that I am not alone. I am still trying to shake the very feelings you speak about Diana...I even try to be reasonable and tell myself, that maybe this is the way it was meant to be...yet still have that tingling feeling that creeps up on me sometimes of wanting to confront him and ask what I did wrong...and DID I come on too strong. Hehe...altough I'm sure the cases are not the same exactly, your poem touched an experience of mine....thank you

In this way it is a small world!
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 04:43 PM

laci_22 write:
    Diana....I read your poem and feel your pain. I once experienced the same thing...and still sometimes ache for a man I did not have the chance to meet....

Yes Diana and Laci..I am so feeling the same, and although it does not make it any better, it does bring comfort that I am not alone. I am still trying to shake the very feelings you speak about Diana...I even try to be reasonable and tell myself, that maybe this is the way it was meant to be...yet still have that tingling feeling that creeps up on me sometimes of wanting to confront him and ask what I did wrong...and DID I come on too strong. Hehe...altough I'm sure the cases are not the same exactly, your poem touched an experience of mine....thank you
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2005 at 06:45 AM

A CONVERSATION WITH GOD

Um God? Do you have a little time for me?
    I haven't ever asked for much and now that I'm growing older
    I have a couple of questions.

YES MY CHILD?..

< I like how he calls me a child...he musta not looked too close...or maybe he's referring to my spirit...at least that's still young>

I?m pretty happy for the most part...I like my job...I got most of the necessities of life.....

THAT'S TRUE MY CHILD...AND YOU HAVE GIVEN BACK IN FAR GREATER MEASURE THAN YOU'VE TAKEN....

< sheesh, he knows...and I used to doubt my mom when she said... "you shouldn't need a reason, do it for credit in heaven">

Well, God, it's kind of a little thing. I'm almost embarrassed to ask..but I think I'm out of tears. I don't think I squandered them a lot....at least not that I remember....and really, most of them have been cried for someone else ... not too many in self pity. I'll admit I,ve cried my share in sadness ... but not always at my own plight...lots for children and animals...some for humankind in general...and ya know those Hallmark ads at Christmas time?? Well I might of used more than I needed to there....and Maria,the child of my heart...she did love for us to watch Kleenex movies together...?and so I really did it for her....box of Kleenex between us on a Saturday afternoon ... alternating between blowing our noses and wiping the butter from our fingers ... the safe kinda sad...you know? There was Barney...best dog ever, went and jumped the fence tied to a stake...he was so smart and funny...with the big brown eyes..shoving his little cold black nose under my hand begging for pets. Oh yeah..I cried a few then..it's hard for me to lose things I love, Lord.

Oh don't get me wrong...I've had the old heart broken a few times...the kind of hurt that makes ya leak for months it seems. And the tears sneak up on you..catch you unawares at strange times. Men can do it (make me cry)...when they leave, for years after ... if you think about it, a certain song will make me cry...or the way someone's lips curl up in a smile...or just rain on the roof at night.

But I don't do that anymore. Nope! I take much better care of my heart now... got that s-ucker locked up tight....and the edges of my life sealed. They got wonderful glue these days. And I'm so much smarter...I've learned to listen to their words....such pretty words....but I don't believe em , Lord, until their actions say something. And so, there are so few to believe anymore.
    Then I lost my dad...I think I was running out even then....it took me a while to be able to cry. I wanted to be there for my mom...so I waited...til I was alone...where I could curse at the walls...and let em come til I was a mess...and no one could see.

Come to think of it...?those tears I cry on my own behalf almost always come when I'm alone. I think it's because I don't want anyone to know I'm not tough. Anyway....

So, now it's kind of embarrassing...I can't cry. I read about the Tsunami....and you know I care God....all those kids, people who lost everything...?but I didn't cry. I saw a smooshed kitten the other day and nothing. Maybe a sigh. Those kinds of things would have done it a few years ago....and so....

That's why I think I'?ve run out. What if I need more.....I mean there might be one or two more men patient enough to scale the walls and then leave me. And who knows who else I'll lose. There must be a way. Could you check into it for me? I'd really appreciate it...more than you know. So, that's about it for now....um....I guess that's all.

Oh, could I ask just one more question?

ASK, MY CHILD

Am I gonna be alone forever now?

Diana......don't stop writing...it's GREAT therapy and it's free!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2005 at 09:49 AM

You are absolutely right and may you never write again...

But Love in it's exixtance as well as it's demise can spark a certain creativity. thanks for sharing...
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2005 at 06:33 PM

The minute that I find my true love... I may never write again. Most of my writings are about love. The agony and ecstasy of the one love I experienced. Once I have that intangible thing within me I will have no need to write about it. To yearn for it. And thus the need will be satisfied. But I am sure there are other things to write about as well.
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2005 at 07:57 AM

LadyJ I agree 100%
    Diana has a gift!
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 12:31 PM

LadyJ~ Thank you for the compliment.

I sometimes have to give a voice to what I feel inside as a sort of release. I feel free to move forward from that point..., and hopefully succeed in an area where I may have failed before.

To live is to learn and to learn is to grow!
  • View author's info Posted on May 15, 2005 at 03:05 PM

Hi Diana ...
    you write beautifully I enjoy your expressive style and the contents of what you write you have a way of taking a person captive into every line of what you write something about this type of writing I find healing and cleansing . Keep writing and expressing,
    in these lines of yours are messages that only one experiencing or having experienced pain and disappointment and then moving on instead of remaining stagnant can appreciate where you been and where you are headed .
    God bless you , the strength they see within the lines of your poems may touch them where they may need to be touched, however sad sometimes they are.

Peace!
    Ladyj
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 10:21 AM

Diana....I read your poem and feel your pain. I once experienced the same thing...and still sometimes ache for a man I did not have the chance to meet....
Follow - email me when people comment