Success At Last!! WHO GOT MARRIED FROM THIS WEB-SITE? Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Aug 16, 2005 at 09:40 AM

skysearch write:
    Dana,

This is strictly my own personal advice and opinion. If you forgive him, then, it will be cart blanche for him to stand you up any other time because he knows you will forgive him. He will think nothing of it to just not show up.

I have been stood up and then approached 2 days later with a barrage of excuses. I just wasn't hearing it.

However, if he had just called me at least 2 hours in advance of the date and cancelled, he would have been good to go.

But because he just stood me up, I felt he just didn't respect me enough to give me the opportunity to say, "ok, no problem or I'll take the raincheck."

That was 3 years ago, first and only time (thank God).

Leave it alone.

/quote_message]

I agree with you.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 02, 2005 at 07:29 AM

This site does really work. I found my soul mate and was married in Feb of 2004. We now have our first child and I've never been happier.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2005 at 04:49 PM

duchessdana write:
    Hi Ladies: I know it's been a long time since I responded to the suggestions from you gals. I just had to say, "Thanks." But, not for the guy who stood me up. I was really depressed about another "relationship" with someone I met on another dating site. We went out together about 4 times and we got along great (or so I thought). He hasn't contacted me in about 2 weeks and when I call him, he's always "very busy." Since I just moved to NC from NY, I thought perhaps I had commited some major Northen faux pax or something. In short, I thought for sure it was something I did. Now, after reading this forum and hearing what some of the ladies had to say about: demanding respect, having a man treat you like a jewel, it's better to find out now than later, etc., I feel much better about the "relationship" or lack thereof! I began to doubt my own abilities and my confidence was way down, but reading about what some of you ladies (and gentlemen) wrote has really open me up to other possibilities about what might have happened -- namely that it wasn't necessarily anything I did, but rather a problem that HE had.

I didn't want to go on and on, but I really wanted to thank you all for your honest opinions. And, for anyone new to the forum, keep contributing, reading and just taking part in it. EVERYONE gets something out of it, believe me.

Peace, my lovely sistas and have a great week. The Duchess salutes you!

well perhaps he was in a relationship already and wasn't honest. I always remember the saying "be careful what you ask for". The forces that be might know someone more suited for you is in your future. Don't be hard on yourself, you deserve someone who at the very least knows how to communicate and not just "fall off the planet".
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2005 at 06:48 AM

Thank You So Much, Silver1944
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 21, 2005 at 03:32 PM

Hi Ladies: I know it's been a long time since I responded to the suggestions from you gals. I just had to say, "Thanks." But, not for the guy who stood me up. I was really depressed about another "relationship" with someone I met on another dating site. We went out together about 4 times and we got along great (or so I thought). He hasn't contacted me in about 2 weeks and when I call him, he's always "very busy." Since I just moved to NC from NY, I thought perhaps I had commited some major Northen faux pax or something. In short, I thought for sure it was something I did. Now, after reading this forum and hearing what some of the ladies had to say about: demanding respect, having a man treat you like a jewel, it's better to find out now than later, etc., I feel much better about the "relationship" or lack thereof! I began to doubt my own abilities and my confidence was way down, but reading about what some of you ladies (and gentlemen) wrote has really open me up to other possibilities about what might have happened -- namely that it wasn't necessarily anything I did, but rather a problem that HE had.

I didn't want to go on and on, but I really wanted to thank you all for your honest opinions. And, for anyone new to the forum, keep contributing, reading and just taking part in it. EVERYONE gets something out of it, believe me.

Peace, my lovely sistas and have a great week. The Duchess salutes you!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 21, 2005 at 04:47 AM

Well I haven't found my soulmate just yet but i have met many nice and beautiful ebony women from this site. I would have to rate this as the best site I have been on. Is my Ebony Queen out there ?? Please get in touch.....
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 20, 2005 at 06:53 PM

Hey!!!!I Have Found My Special Man Right on This Site And We Are Getting Married Next Week:) So Ladies Hang In There, You Are All Beautiful Women From The Inside And The Out!!!And Some Lucky Men Will Be Glad To Take You For His Wife :)
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 18, 2005 at 05:50 PM

I met a man from this site.
    Spent about a week with him.We hit it
    off great.He proposed.I said yes.

Then...

I've been home for about 3 weeks & he
    has stopped calling & emailing me.

I'm disappointed,sad,hurt...at the same
    time I'm relieved that it ended now and
    not later when I would have more "in-
    vested" in the relationship.

I'm an optimist.I'm still looking for an honest,kind man to be with for the
    rest of my life.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 01:28 PM

SweetLady-

Get the book "How to date like a Man" from Myreah Moore. Just read it last week. I don't agree with everything in it but one thing I know she would say to you. This guy is not treating you like you deserve and you are settling like many of us women do.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2005 at 12:53 PM

Well, I'm kinda skeptical about the whole marriage thing. I met a man here two years ago. He swears up and down we are going to get together. He's planned two trips and failed to show on both occassions. Excuses: first; he just chickened out, second excuse; he overslept and missed his flight. How long do I do this with this man? I really think we make are perfect for each other. A really good match. I am frustrated because I dont want to give up on him, but, I cant do this much longer. So ladies, what do I do.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 21, 2005 at 07:05 PM

Dana,

This is strictly my own personal advice and opinion. If you forgive him, then, it will be cart blanche for him to stand you up any other time because he knows you will forgive him. He will think nothing of it to just not show up.

I have been stood up and then approached 2 days later with a barrage of excuses. I just wasn't hearing it.

However, if he had just called me at least 2 hours in advance of the date and cancelled, he would have been good to go.

But because he just stood me up, I felt he just didn't respect me enough to give me the opportunity to say, "ok, no problem or I'll take the raincheck."

That was 3 years ago, first and only time (thank God).

Leave it alone.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 21, 2005 at 10:33 AM

naturallyme write:
    Dana Don't do it!!!! What will it be next time? I think he could have at least let you know that he wasn't going to make it and offer a rain check. That's your cue to exit stage right----pay close attention to the early signs...Plus, you have more options than him...Don't make time for foolishness. While he may have been at work or a funeral, there is still that consideration factor that you should have been given instead of waiting on him...you have better things to do....

Aye, I agree.

If work or a funeral was the case then he would have known in advance and could have notified you ahead of time. Simply standing you up isn't an excuse.

The only excuse for that would be an accident on the way to your date or something or an dire emergency.

This guy had plenty of time to let you know in advance even if it was just several hours notice. A funeral doesn't come up out of nowhere.. you know about a funeral several days beforehand.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 21, 2005 at 08:47 AM

Dana Don't do it!!!! What will it be next time? I think he could have at least let you know that he wasn't going to make it and offer a rain check. That's your cue to exit stage right----pay close attention to the early signs...Plus, you have more options than him...Don't make time for foolishness. While he may have been at work or a funeral, there is still that consideration factor that you should have been given instead of waiting on him...you have better things to do....
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 20, 2005 at 04:55 PM

Hi all:

I went out on a date last night with someone I met on this site and, while we are NO WHERE near the getting married stage, it was a very positive experience. I also made a date with someone else from this website and was stood up. He offered an explanation and asked for forgivenessand I'm still trying to decide whether to forgive him or not. The point is, you have to go into this with a positive attitude or you shouldn't even bother to go into it at all.

Dana

P.S. Do you guys/gals think I should give the guy another chance? He gave work and a funeral as his excuse and while I'm leaning towards forgiving him, I don't think I should make it too easy on him! (LOL)
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 15, 2005 at 04:47 PM

I don't anyone that has met on this web-site who've gotten married but I do work with 2 ladies that met their husbands on another site. Shoot, that's what got me into trying this online stuff.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2005 at 12:43 PM

hello sweet girl 05 i was reading your profile and you can reach me at
    asap lets chat!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 20, 2005 at 09:53 AM

Its' actually good to know there is hope for those of who are on the site that we maybe able to find marriage on here (when we are ready for that)
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2005 at 11:48 PM

Sam don't get me excited.
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2005 at 07:21 PM

I need to be married by 25,so I can start squirting out some kiddies.

*joking
  • View author's info Posted on May 05, 2005 at 08:11 AM

addictive1 write:
    quick question to SWC, if you were married in November of last year, why is your profile say you are single and LOOKING? Divorced all ready? hmmmmmmmm....

ouch! but you're right it should be changed.......lol
Follow - email me when people comment