Love: Does it come from the heart or the skin? INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 02, 2005 at 12:32 PM

Could it be possiple that so many people are passing up what could be very good relationships because they believe a persons skin colour is more important that the persons character? In my opinion, that person isn't looking for true love. They're just afraid to disrupt the rules that society laid out for us. Remember this. NO RACE entirely innocent.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 29Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jan 03, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Quoting kdlyn63:

In Canada we ask where you from because we believe that we all came from somewhere.  We understand that we came as immigrents to a country that was already occupied.

It has been proven we are all genetically from one place - AFRICA

• View author's info Posted on Jan 03, 2014 at 11:31 AM

In Canada we ask where you from because we believe that we all came from somewhere.  We understand that we came as immigrents to a country that was already occupied.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2011 at 02:10 PM

Quoting Artman:

Could it be possiple that so many people are passing up what could be very good relationships because they believe a persons skin colour is more important that the persons character? In my opinion, that person isn't looking for true love. They're just afraid to disrupt the rules that society laid out for us. Remember this. NO RACE entirely innocent.

Another thing is that people don't see the character if they can't get past the color. White people mostly ignore me, even if we have everything in common, while I have to fend off the black trashy ones with whom I have nothing in common.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2011 at 02:06 PM

Quoting Artman:

It's only because people see skin color first, last, and ONLY, in some places that's more blatant than others, but it's almost always true. It's been the bane of my existence ever since high school. Black ghetto trash are usually the only people who want to talk to me, and it lasts at most about 5 minutes as I don't even speak or understand the same language as them. I get the same from Africans and West Indians. They see my skin color and try as hard as they can to ignore the LANGUAGE BARRIER for as long as possible. And the culture difference. People in Boston used to tell me that it was because I sound "educated" but it's more than that. I'm not black, I just have dark skin and so, blacks tend to be the only people who want to talk to me.

I have half a mind to take a Siamese cat and go up to Alaska where everyone else who also looks like me is an Eskimo. With the same problem regarding how blacks treat them!!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 19, 2009 at 03:15 PM

Quoting aza52us:

Race and Nationality can be fascinating issues woth people. I have a comment which may be helpful.
    Many years ago, I was adopted at birth by a couple in Somerville, Mass. That is near Boston. The thing about me was that I never fit in with the group of people who I was supposed to. I spent my entire life until two years ago not knowing what I was.
    In 2003, I found out whom my birth mother was, and that I have two brothers and a sister. I also finally found out my race, nationalities, and religion. All of this continues to be fascinating.
    The biggest thing I have learned is that finally knowing all of this did not change WHO I am inside. Who I am on the Inside turns out to have very little to do with What I am on the Outside.
    My point by now should be obvious. Despite our outer differences, many of us are very much the same on the inside. That is where the real "self" lives. When we can all reach this understanding as individuals, Race, Nationality, Ethnicity, and Geography will never matter again.

i dont get your point.

of course we all understand ourselves. of course ethnicity and geography will always matter.. down south here, the first question after an introduction is, where are your from... how would you escape that?

and unless you have childhood friends from different races, or your current friends are from a bunch of other cultures/races, more often than not, people who choose to talk to you, or dont answer you in monosyllables when you approach them, are people from your own race...

with time, it will get better, but evolution is a gradual process...

that is my observation here in the States. I am widely travelled, and it is not so in other places...

• View author's info Posted on Nov 19, 2009 at 03:09 PM

¿

lol, i guess im blessed with awesome friends... i learned to dance a few years, and got verrry good at it...

now when im shy, the ladies i hang out with drag me out to the dance floor... im very nervous of course, but if i smile and look into her eyes, she's all im aware of... till we notice other couples springing up, which makes us laugh...

being friends, i know when they get shy and i ask them to dance and they say no, and theres no one on the dance floor, we'll still be friends after i drag them out...

know what we talk about the first 30 seconds?

ouch! you stepped on my toe!

well, keep your big feet out from under my legs...

do you think everyone is watching?

OMG i feel like im going to die with all those eyes on me...

lol, is dying in my arms such a bad thing?

i think some people are joining us...

¿

Life is sweet with friends.... lol

• View author's info Posted on Sep 11, 2006 at 05:55 PM

[quote]NO RACE entirely innocent. [quote]

the one to the bathroom is.......

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 03, 2006 at 01:30 PM

Artman write:

I totally agree with you.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2006 at 02:50 PM

MrRSVP write:
    If it does occur, the frequency would be small at best. Even then, I think the person would have to at least seen the other person, but I could be wrong.

MOST people form love interests based on physical attributes. Except for the blind, and even then they use their hands to feel the other persons physical characteristics.

now no love is PURELY physical or emotional. I don't think you can have one without the other. But I do think even if you like one aspect and don't like the other, you have a deal breaker.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 09, 2006 at 05:49 PM

As I have said before in another forum I never thought about dating outside my race. I never have really given any thought to the color of someones skin. I would never say in a profile I only want a white man, or only a black man, or Native American, etc. Anyone that gets in touch with me I will be happy to answer them. Hopefully someday I will find my King like Heart has found his Queen. I wish you much happiness with your new lady Heart. Someday I hope to be as happy as you and Silver.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 09, 2006 at 11:28 AM

phea44 write:
    Does love come from the heart or the skin? Well, the romantic answer would be the heart, but the actual answer is the skin. Let's be frank, when we first meet someone, what do we notice first? Right, the persons physical attributes. This almost always opens the door for us to notice the rest of the person. I have never heard any man or woman say , "I first fell in love with his/her heart and mind." I'm not saying that it's never happened, but I've never witnessed it happening.

phea44, I have to agree in that "I" have never seen it happen. But what we've all seen is a person say,"Look at that person, they sure look cute/beautiful/handsome. I'd sure like to get to know them." And how many posts do you see here saying "Where are the white men, or black men"? Once again in all things there is a bit of truth.

I can only then speak for myself truthfully so here I go. "I" would have been willing to talk with and get to know any woman on this site. Race is not the defining issue for me. I would not pursue a black women here, because most here want a white man. But,...if any black woman contacted me here I would respond back and be willing to explore further if I was avaliable.

That is my truth.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 08, 2006 at 08:42 AM

phea44 write:
    Does love come from the heart or the skin? Well, the romantic answer would be the heart, but the actual answer is the skin. Let's be frank, when we first meet someone, what do we notice first? Right, the persons physical attributes. This almost always opens the door for us to notice the rest of the person. I have never heard any man or woman say , "I first fell in love with his/her heart and mind." I'm not saying that it's never happened, but I've never witnessed it happening.

If it does occur, the frequency would be small at best. Even then, I think the person would have to at least seen the other person, but I could be wrong.

MOST people form love interests based on physical attributes. Except for the blind, and even then they use their hands to feel the other persons physical characteristics.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 07, 2006 at 07:45 PM

• View author's info Posted on Jan 05, 2006 at 03:24 PM

Good job!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 29, 2005 at 11:52 AM

Love comes from the brain.

And the human brain is strongly influenced by the nose.

My personal theory is that people fall in love with the scent of another person in the first place. Once you love her/his scent (and it doesn't mean you're not aware when the other person is stinking), you see her/him beautiful, you think they're the smartest person on Earth, and you love their character.

It is how it works for all other mammals, and we're not that different to them.

So, the sudden burst of love at first sight, or the teenage infatuation caused by raging hormones, or the utter rejection of the disgusting pursuer, or even the agony of unrequited love, all of them, yes, depend on your own and that other person's smell.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 24, 2005 at 04:14 PM

Race and Nationality can be fascinating issues woth people. I have a comment which may be helpful.
    Many years ago, I was adopted at birth by a couple in Somerville, Mass. That is near Boston. The thing about me was that I never fit in with the group of people who I was supposed to. I spent my entire life until two years ago not knowing what I was.
    In 2003, I found out whom my birth mother was, and that I have two brothers and a sister. I also finally found out my race, nationalities, and religion. All of this continues to be fascinating.
    The biggest thing I have learned is that finally knowing all of this did not change WHO I am inside. Who I am on the Inside turns out to have very little to do with What I am on the Outside.
    My point by now should be obvious. Despite our outer differences, many of us are very much the same on the inside. That is where the real "self" lives. When we can all reach this understanding as individuals, Race, Nationality, Ethnicity, and Geography will never matter again.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 24, 2005 at 04:02 PM

You are Right. Love has no color, race, nationality. ethnicity, or geography. I can tell you from experience that Love is where you find it, and with whom you find it.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2005 at 03:53 AM

LOVE NOT SKIN COLOR OR HEART..
    LOVE IS DEVELOPED OVER TIME. IT IS NOTICED ONLY THROUGH ACTIONS. HOW DO I KNOW THIS BECAUSE "GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE..." IT TOOK EVEN GOD MANY CENTURIES TO PROVE HOW MUCH HE LOVED US.. WE ON THE OTHER HAND FORCE LOVE. GOD NEVER FORCED IT HE JUST PROVED IT WITH ACTS OF COMPASSION, SOFT GENTLE WORDS, AND YES EVEN ANGER, HOWEVER HE ALWAYS APOLOGIZED AND THERE WERE ALL SORTS OF REASONS FOR HIS ANGER. SO Y DO WE THINK ANY LESS OF LOVE.. IT HAS MANY SHADES, MANY HEARTS, AND MANY CHARACTERISTICS.. CHOOSE ONE AND GO WITH THE FLOW. LET THAT LOVE DEVELOP. YOU'LL BE BETTER FOR IT IN THE END..DON'T CHOSE COLOR OR HEART CHOSE LOVE UNCONDITIONAL....
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 18, 2005 at 09:16 AM

firstmate write:
    Well here I go agian I read all the comments and Iam not sure what the topic is . So Ill say what I have to say and see were it fit. I was a member of a interracial group many years ago. Being that it is Atlanta most of the member were black. The part that confused me was the whits would mingle toghter and the same for the blacks. What up with that

I agree Firstmate.

I don't think it is because of the individuals, themselves, but of how and where they were raised and ceratin aspects of society that make some people nervous or hesitant outside of their group.

I'll make a correlation here if I may.

I get social anxiety if I am in the local shopping mall by myself. I do not know anyone around me whom I can relate to or feel a familiar with.

However, if I am in the same setting with some friends, that anxiety is lifted and I am more apt to even meet new people without hesitation.

I think it is awkwardness that some people feel and so they tend to cluster around that which is familiar.

However, the fact that they were at an interracial group meeting is a plus and means they are attempting to move forward uninhibited by certain fears.
Follow - email me when people comment