Question for biracial and black women. INFO CONCERNING BLACK PEOPLE Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 18, 2011 at 07:40 PM

I am biracial (black and white) and I get the vibe from some black men that they think they are entitled to me just because I'm half black. I was curious if other black women felt this way too. I usually only date white men exactly for that reason. Black men even get upset when I tell them I date white men and they wonder why I won't date them. Who wants to date someone who immediately becomes hostile when they are turned down? No one! I also don't date date black men because I hate the way they approach me. They act as if because I'm mixed they can treat me like I'm a video girl. i would much rather date someone who doesn't know my race when they approach me or doesn't covet women with light skin because I want to be treated like a person not an object.

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 11Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2013 at 03:10 AM

Hello Beautiful,  

I hear what you are saying and unfortunately, I have been there a few times as well. I was married to a white man for 12 years, and we have two beautiful children from our union. There have been black men who have leered and have even been bold enough to say something to me. I've been called "sell out" and other ridiculous things, but guess what? The joke is on THEM because even if I weren't with a white man, I can assure you I would want NO part of a man who would think that it was ok to verbally abuse a woman, so he would have been SOL either way.....LOL. When it comes to affairs of the heart, I am an equal opportunity employer! I look at it like this, no matter who you date, there will always be good ones, and there will always be bad ones. Dont let the bad behavior of a few black "boys" spoil your opinion of all black MEN. Trust me when I tell you there IS a difference, and you will know it when you see it. Best of luck to you, and happy holidays :-)

• View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2012 at 08:04 PM

To true and if you tell them your not interested (they could just be people in your family) they get all upset and say its bs, and as people we are entitled to freedom of choice and i choose no to date black men
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2012 at 09:22 AM

Quoting NJCOP74:

AFTER READING SOME OF THESE POST I HAVE TO COMMENT... IM A PROFESSIONAL BLACK MALE WHO OWNS HIS OWN... IVE DATED A WPMEN WHO WASNT BLACK BEFORE... ITS NOT THE SKIN COLOR IM ATTRACTED TO... IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOURE WHITE BLACK HISPANIC ETC.. THE WAY YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE REFLECTS HOW A MAN WILL TREAT YOU... I FIND ALL HUMANS ARE JUST WHO THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD AND IT DOESNT JUST SIT WITH THE BLACK MAN ALL NATIONALITIES HAVE THEIR FLAWS SO FOR THOSE THAT POSTED COMMENTS ON HOW A BLACK MAN TALK OR TREAT A WOMEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF MEN YOU ARE ATTRACTING AND WHY ARE YOU ATTRACTING THEM... STILL HAVE TO SAY THO BEAUTIFUL PICTURE INDEED

If that were true, the way I live my  life should REPEL the kinds of men I attract wherever I go. The way I live my life should REPEL the ghetto trash illiterate thug type but it doesn't. It's skin color alone that does this.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

AFTER READING SOME OF THESE POST I HAVE TO COMMENT... IM A PROFESSIONAL BLACK MALE WHO OWNS HIS OWN... IVE DATED A WPMEN WHO WASNT BLACK BEFORE... ITS NOT THE SKIN COLOR IM ATTRACTED TO... IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOURE WHITE BLACK HISPANIC ETC.. THE WAY YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE REFLECTS HOW A MAN WILL TREAT YOU... I FIND ALL HUMANS ARE JUST WHO THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD AND IT DOESNT JUST SIT WITH THE BLACK MAN ALL NATIONALITIES HAVE THEIR FLAWS SO FOR THOSE THAT POSTED COMMENTS ON HOW A BLACK MAN TALK OR TREAT A WOMEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF MEN YOU ARE ATTRACTING AND WHY ARE YOU ATTRACTING THEM... STILL HAVE TO SAY THO BEAUTIFUL PICTURE INDEED
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

BEAUTIFUL PICTURE
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 10, 2012 at 02:58 PM

Quoting Angelnicole:

I am biracial (black and white) and I get the vibe from some black men that they think they are entitled to me just because I'm half black. I was curious if other black women felt this way too. I usually only date white men exactly for that reason. Black men even get upset when I tell them I date white men and they wonder why I won't date them. Who wants to date someone who immediately becomes hostile when they are turned down? No one! I also don't date date black men because I hate the way they approach me. They act as if because I'm mixed they can treat me like I'm a video girl. i would much rather date someone who doesn't know my race when they approach me or doesn't covet women with light skin because I want to be treated like a person not an object.

It might eventually end if the black or "looks black" women victims of this would uniformly STAND UP TO THEM and defend their right to not be told what to do or have their lives "run" by complete strangers!! But no, it won't because most American black women have been brought up to not go against "their" men. I do know that no woman of ANY OTHER RACE would tolerate such behaviour from complete strangers out on the street or in clubs or dance halls. The problem is that black men are the only race of men who act like every woman who shares their skin color, regardless of ACTUAL ethnicity, is "theirs" to treat like property. White men don't act like "all" white women are their particular property that way.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM

You are so right! To me is it arrogant to assume by virtue of the same or close to it skin color that they are automatically entitled to date you. I have been dating Interracially for many years and it is very frustrating and annoying.People are basically the same ...they just have certain people they are more compatible with regardless of color. With black men it seems to be an inferiority problem.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 12, 2011 at 09:24 AM

Girlfriend I thought it was just me!!!! Im not bi-racial and used to only date black men exclusively. Even married a black man and had children. I was raised to find love inside my own race. But finally I realized that my interests are not compatible with most Black men. Thats just the way I am. When I try to explain this most Black men gave not only indignant but down right hostile!!!! Yet as a black women, I am supposrd to be not only tolerant, but accepting of choice to date other races. What a double standard!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2011 at 04:20 PM

Quoting BeautifulStrangr:

yes girl, it happens all the time. they are so bold and disrespectful sometimes. I have been dancing on a white/other guy and a black guy with walk and try to literally pull me off of him. Its so sad. But thats exactly why I don't date black men as well

If that happened to me I'd "go Sandra Bullock on him" as some people say; but then, I've been dealing with this for over 30 years now.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2011 at 04:18 PM

Quoting Angelnicole:

Well, I'm Choctaw Indian and yes I get that same thing from black men. They see the shade of the skin and that's all she wrote. They "own" Native American women as well as women who are actually the same race as they are.

And as for everything else, I've been going through all that for the last 30 years. Nothing has changed. Black men think they "own" us even if we're not black, and that as such it's their business to tell us what to do and who to be with and who not to be with. Every time I meet a decent guy (so far only two in my lifetime) some damn black tells me I can't be with him. It's like "West Side Story" at least the Tony&Maria storyline part of the movie. The authors didn't get that storyline out of nowhere; it happens all the time and it's been happening since the beginning of time and no matter how many "biracial" or mestizos the world has now, it seems that it is going to continue to happen until the end of time.

The only solution is that black men need to start minding their own damn business.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 21, 2011 at 06:32 PM

I think some black men think they are entitled to treat women like cave girls. They feel it is their duty to tell you how they feel about what you choose or like for yourself. Thank you but no thank you.
Follow - email me when people comment